Turmoil

No Other

A/N -Hi, guys. I am back! Lmao. Just wanna apologize for the super late update. Again. It was just that I had 2-3 chapters ready to update months ago but couldn't post just yet due to other commitments and then I had to reformat my laptop and everything was deleted (along with my pictures HUHU). I was awfully devastated. Lol. But inspiration has struck me again so, yeah, I'm back. Anyway, hope you guys haven't left me. Hehe. Thanks so much for all comments and new subscribers!!! I really loce reading your comments esp those who are trying to guess~ some of you got it right. Hoho. Anyway! Here are the important things you should remember from the previous chapters:

Chaerin who appears out of nowhere and introduces herself as Jiyong's fiance and many things happened that it was revealed she was Jiyong's cousin after all (from Chapters 18 to 25). Though during her stay, she took a great interest on Dara's pendant necklace. Other than that, Jiyong has finally accepted his feelings for Dara.. Currently in the story, a Sports Festival is going on. Four teams competing with each other; red, blue, yellow and green. Outsiders are welcome to enter the school. Someone unexpected appears. Lee Donghae -who seems to have a bad past with both Dara and Jiyong.

Red Team - Seunghyun, Jiyong, Bom.

Blue Team - Yoo In Na, Dara, Joohyun, Daesung

Green Team - Seungri

-End-

START/

"I didn't come here for you," Jiyong's company spoke for the first time.

"So don't flatter yourself," he continued.

It was Lee Donghae who spoke. Dara was sure of it.

Hearing that voice had set her heart racing.

"That voice.." Joohyun trailed.

Dara's eyes widened and her heart started beating faster. She hoped she didn't recognize his voice or else all hell will surely break loose. She didn't want them to meet just yet, especially under these circumstances.

"..is strangely familiar," she continued.

Dara let out a sigh of relief.

She took hold of Joohyun and Bom's arms before they could hear any more and pulled them hurriedly. Both of them had no time to protest and allowed Dara to pull them.

Bom closed the lid of water bottle tightly as they were walking to the doors of the gym -already far enough from the fountain.

"I agree with you though, Joohyun. I know I've heard that voice from somewhere before," Bom said thoughtfully.

"Right?! I just can't remember when or where," Joohyun looked frustrated.

"It must be one of our schoolmates," Dara tried not to sound nervous. "Why would he sound familiar if not, right?"

Joohyun and Bom took this in then shrugged.

"I guess," Joohyun said.

Dara breathed out gladly when they finally moved into a different subject. 

[Jiyong]

"You must really think highly of yourself if you think the thought actually flatters me," Jiyong retorted.

"Of course," Donghae snickered. "If you took me here just to ask me why I'm here then I'm sorry but it's none of your business. Rest assured I didn't come here for you or to torment you," he said flatly, "As you've always accused me of."

Jiyong glared at Donghae harder than ever. He somehow figured out what he has come for. His eyes darted to the necklace wrapped around his neck.

Donghae followed his gaze and then asked as he took hold of the pendant, "Have you seen this before?"

"No," Jiyong lied.

Donghae let out a sigh. He looked dismayed, Jiyong thought. Not that he cared.

"Leave," Jiyong suddenly said. His tone was serious.

"What?" Donghae looked at him as if he has gone insane. "I'm not leaving, I just got here."

"I don't give a ," Jiyong snapped. "You already have all that you want and all that you need. Why do you have to come here?"

"It's true that I already have all that I want. You're wrong about having all that I need. And I'm not leaving until I get that," he looked straight into Jiyong's eyes. Jiyong could tell he really was being serious. Donghae continued to speak, "If you don't want to have anything to do with me then let's avoid and pretend we don't know each other. Would that be so hard, Kwon Jiyong?"

Jiyong flinched at the mention of his name. He could feel nothing but hatred at the guy standing in front of him. "Believe me, that's what I want. But that would be impossible, Lee Donghae," Jiyong imitated him, but icily.

Donghae ignored his tone, as if he was already used to it, and narrowed his eyes at Jiyong in question, "Impossible? Why?"

Because it was Dara.

That was what Jiyong wanted to say but bit his tongue.

Suddenly he remembered about Dara's ex boyfriend Joohyun told him about. The guy who left her without any explanation. Only a fool wouldn't be able to guess that Donghae and Dara's ex were one and the same. He felt anger boil inside him, stronger than ever, but he knew better than venting his anger out in the open. He could only hold back.

They weren't able to continue their conversation because students started to crowd by the fountain.

"Fine, I'll leave," Donghae said. "Just for today. I'll come and go as I please starting tomorrow."

And then Jiyong could no longet see him.

[Dara]

Everyone but Dara watched the game and cheered with so much enthusiasm. She couldn't help that her mind was flying elsewhere. Questions filled her mind.

She was wondering what relationship Jiyong and Donghae had, and it didn't seem like they liked each other very much. They seemed to have had something in the past to the point the Jiyong assumed it was him Donghae came for, and the fact that Donghae had to reassure him that he wasn't the reason for his sudden appearance.

Dara massaged her temples because her head was beginning to ache with all the thinking.

"Are you okay?"

Dara snapped her head to the side at the voice, surprised. "Jiyong!" She exclaimed. "How long were you here?"

"Long enough to have known you were so deep in thought that it made your head hurt," he said with a soft smirk.

She laughed a little. She noticed the others were so into the match that their eyes were glued to the court and they were at the edge of their seats. The game was actually a very close fight. They were in their third set now with a tie.

"What were you thinking about?"

Dara's eyes met his and she shook her head lightly. "It's nothing, I guess I'm just tired," and it wasn't a total lie. She really was tired. Physically speaking.

Jiyong just stared at her for a moment as if trying to figure something out and then nodded. A rare curve formed in his lips before turning away.

It looked so forced that Dara knew instantly that something was on his mind and it was really bothering him.

"It's okay," she blurted. He turned his head to look at her again, but with a confused expression on his face. "Don't overthink. Nothing good ever comes from it."

His expression softened, as if she had read his mind. Before he could answer, a loud cheer erupted.

"Good job, blue team!!" Joohyun shouted excitedly. Then she said to Bom tauntingly, "See you in the finals, red team!"

Bom stuck her tongue out at her saying, "Bring it on!"

They went to the cafeteria after the game to get something to eat where they talked amongst themselves.

"What games are you guys in?" Seungri asked.

"Swimming and badminton," Daesung answered first. "The swimming competition will be tomorrow."

"I'm in badminton too!" Bom chirped.

"I have archery and soccer, and both will be on Wednesday, then basketball on Thursday," Joohyun announced excitedly.

Seungri whistled. "Are you sure you're a girl?"

Joohyun sent him a deadly look which made Dara giggle. Joohyun was so athletic that she could actually be put in any sports and she'd still shine. It was something Dara was admittedly jealous of.

"I'm in basketball as well and it'll be on Wednesday," Seungri grinned.

"I'll be in the relay this coming Wednesday," Dara said cheerfully.

She saw Joohyun sigh and Bom shake her head in disapproval that made Dara pout.

"You don't have to participate."

It was Jiyong who spoke.

"But I do," she said.

"No, Dara, you don't." It was Bom this time. She knew what Dara's answer would be but she just had to try.

"Sorry," was all Dara could say them.


-


Day 1 of Sports Festival was over. The committee was happy because it was a success considering all the attendees from outsiders and participation of all student body. After praising everyone for their hard work, Dara was dropped home by Daesung since Jiyong had a meeting with the soccer team about their second game with Kwang Soo High and wouldn't be home until later that evening.

Dara walked out of the elevator then came to a halt when she saw a figure standing by her door. He was wearing the same blue shirt and black pants he was wearing when she saw her earlier that day. He looked up and smiled when he finally noticed her arrival.

"Hi, Dara," Donghae greeted, straightening himself.