Wipe Your Eyes

No Other
"Would you like something to drink?" Dara offered.
 
Donghae shook his head. "I'm good, thank you."
 
Dara nodded and sat on the chair opposite to Donghae. Neither of them spoke for a moment. Dara was staring down at her hands. She felt as if her heart was going to break out of her chest. She wasn't expecting to see him so soon. She didn't know what his presence made her feel just yet. But she knew she still couldn't believe it that he was just sitting in front of her, within arm's reach.
 
There were so many questions she wanted to ask him but she didn't know which one to ask first, or how to.
 
"I'm sorry," Donghae finally spoke, breaking her out of her thoughts.
 
"I'm so sorry, Dara," he repeated. "I didn't mean to.. No.. I didn't want to leave you. Please, Dara, believe me." He pleaded. 
 
Dara's eyes met his and saw the sincere regret of the pain and sorrow he had caused her when he left. She could swear she saw tears forming in his eyes but he managed to hold them back. He was suffering too, Dara thought.
 
It felt as if someone was squeezing Dara's heart tightly. It hurt her to see him that way. The Donghae she knew was someone full of pride and would never show his vulnerability to anyone. Anyone but her.
 
"These past two years.. I kept trying to come back and see you but.. You know how my family is, right, Dara?"
 
Dara did know. Probably not everything, but enough to understand what Donghae meant. Donghae belonged to a prestigious family. His family had a lot of businesses. Clothing stores, restaurants, hotels but they were known for their jewelry business.
 
Just like the typical rich families, Donghae's parents were strict, particularly his mom. When it comes to the family business, she was a monster -as Donghae used to always call her.
 
"They didn't even let me contact anyone outside the family.. They said if I studied very hard and proved my worth, I could go and see you. And I did it, Dara. I've proven them that I am worthy." He said, showing her a sad smile.
 
It was then that Dara noticed that he lost so much weight since the last time she has seen him. He had a slim but muscular body then. The Donghae in front of her, two years later, was just slim. His cheek bones were more visible and there were black shadows under his eyes, that didn't used to belong there, though he was still as handsome as she remembered.
 
"I'm not asking you to forgive me.." He continued. "I'm only asking you to believe me that leaving you wasn't my choice.." He looked down. "You.. Not saying anything.. It's killing me.."
 
Dara watched him close his eyes tightly, as if trying to fight back tears. When he opened them again, he stared at her. She stared back. She knew she had to say something but words failed her. She was trying to take in everything he had said but almost all the questions she wanted to ask were already answered.
 
It was too late when she realized there were tears in her eyes. As soon as the first tear ran down her cheek, Donghae rushed to her side. He was reluctant at first but he wrapped his arms around her into a hug. Dara buried her face in his chest and cried quietly.
 
Donghae was clueless as to the sudden breakdown of Dara, but he just held her and her hair softly, trying to comfort her as much as he could.
 
After a minute or two, Dara broke the hug. Donghae ran his thumb across her cheek to wipe her tears away.
 
"I'm sorry," Dara spoke for the first time, her voice shaking, her head low.
 
"Shh, shh," Donghae hushed her. He gently raised her head so they were face to face.  Their faces were close enough that Dara could see how tired Donghae looked. It was as if he wasn't getting enough sleep. She bit her lip to refrain any more tears from falling. "Why do you always apologize for crying? Always." Donghae sighed in disbelief. "You haven't changed. Remember what I used to tell you? You're not a robot who's programmed to smile and laugh all the time."
 
Dara blinked at him. It's been so long since she's heard those words. She was then reminded of one of the reasons she loved Donghae.
 
"It's okay to cry, D."
 
D.
 
He was the only one who called her that.
 
She finally noticed the necklace hanging around his neck. She gasped quietly, "The necklace.."
 
"I always wear it," he said softly. "I perfectly understand why you don't wear yours. Or.. Did you throw it away?"
 
"No," she shook her head. "I have it kept.. Somewhere safe."
 
He nodded his head in understanding.
 
She then realized his shirt had tear stains. "Oh, I'm sorry! Your shirt!" She said trying to brush them off.
 
He grabbed her hand and showed her a smile. "It's fine. It'll dry on its own."
 
At that moment Dara's phone rang. Slowly, she pulled her hand from him and grabbed the phone lying on the coffee table. The screen flashed Jiyong's name.
 
**
A/N
Sorry if it's short.. This chapter is meant for DaraHae. Lol. And it's kinda gloomy and serious yeah? Well, we all have those kind of moments in real life.. (Wait, what? Haha!)
 
So what do you guys think? Of Donghae? And what will happen to/between him and Dara? Dun dun dun~ and what about Jiyong..? AIGOO~ i had to keep telling myself this is a DaraGon ff while I was writing this chapter. Hahahahaha! OTL jk
 
This chapter's title's Wipe Your Eyes because it was the song (by Maroon 5) I was listening to while I was writing this chapter (I the replay button HAHA). Idk, it suits the song (in most parts, especially the chorus and bridge). Okay, I'm blabbering.. Sorry. I just wanted to share. Hahahaha!
 
HUGE THANK YOU with bits and bits of hugs and kisses for subscribing, commenting/wall posting and friend requesting. Really :') teehee. See you next chapter! Xx