Start over

My Brothers Hate You

After talking to Dongwoo, you felt your heart heavier. How would you talk to Youngjae about it… especially your brothers? You knew they won’t like it… except for Taeyang. That afternoon, you talked to CL and told him you’re going to talk to Hoya. She didn’t like the idea but upon hearing that Taeyang was the one who told you to do she just told you to be careful and that he won’t tell your brother about it. Of course you felt secured, now even you’re other best friend that said she’d never help again is now helping… again. Since you had a few more time before meeting Hoya, you decided to walk around the hotel… wondering what you needed to tell him, and what you needed to hear from him. You saw Zelo sleeping at a cottage, thinking he was alone you walked closer and woke him up, “Prince Junhong~~” You cheered,

“_____-ah?” A male voice came from behind you; you turned quick and saw Yongguk shirtless with a white towel on his head, he seemed to just finish his shower. As this wasn’t the first time you saw a half- man in front of you, you didn’t mind, “He’s probably tired from playing all day… what’s up?”

You smiled and shook your head, “It’s nothing… I just wanted to talk to him a bit… but if he’s tired then I can just leave,”

You bowed and already turned to leave when he said, “You’re not giving Youngjae his chance, right?” He might not be as close as Zelo as you are but he’s a guy and he knows these things too, “C-Could you just tell him that? He really likes you _____-ah… and going to fix things with Hoya first and leaving that kid hanging will break him…” He was sincere, and you could easy know what he meant by that,

“Where is he then?” You didn’t turn and just wait for him to say it,

“He’s in his room… probably with Daehyun,” He smiled a little, “Thanks ______-ah…”

You smiled back and ran back in the hotel. You did think about Youngjae and how he’ll act about this, but you never thought of telling him first. You thought you’d just tell him when you fixed everything. But what Yongguk said was right… you’d break him, and you don’t want to break him mindlessly like Dongwoo. You walked in the elevator again and texted CL, “On the way to talk to Youngjae. Unnie I’m scared… I don’t want to hurt him,” When you pressed send, the elevator door swung open so you walked out. You looked around and saw Youngjae’s room, you knocked but there was no answer, “Youngjae? Daehyun? Is anyone in there?”

The door suddenly opened and it was Youngjae, wearing his glasses and holding a joystick… it looked unplugged from him running to the door, “O-Oh? _____-ah.. Ssup?”

“C-Can I talk to you?” You asked nervous at how he’d react,

He smiled and let you in, he wasn’t with anyone. He said Daehyun left to get food and he’s just playing, “So… what is it you want to talk about?”

“I-I…” You didn’t want to look at him straight in his eyes but you did, “I’m talking to Hoya in a bit…” His expression turned from glowing to gloomy but you continued, “I wanted to patch up things with him… probably get b-,”

“I understand _____-ah…” He said, in a sad tone obvious in his voice, “It’s good for you… you’d finally be happy,” He smiled a bit too sad for a smile but he managed to, “D-Don’t worry about me. I’d be fine.” But you didn’t want to leave; you didn’t want to leave him like that but, “You know… It’ll be much more heart breaking to still see you now,”

“I’m sorry,” Was all you could say before you left.

He just stood there, trying not to let his tears drop even if you’re not around anymore. But it wasn’t that easy,


You were at the rooftop of the hotel, since that place was also an open garden there were a lot of flowers and there were also a few other people there. You sat at a bench that was facing the ocean; you closed your eyes and whispered, “I hope I’m not making a mistake…”

“What mistake will you be doing?”

Surprised, you turn and were surprised you were face to face with Hoya, “Why do you always pop around?”

“What? I was wondering why your eyes were close,” He smiled and sat beside you, “I’m glad you came…” you stayed quiet not wanting to ask anything yet, “I’m sorry,”

“Did… did you really don’t know what happened to me?” he nod, “Then why didn’t you look for me? I was just in the our classroom,”

He pouted and said, “You weren’t there… I we-,” Then he remembered, “It was probably because I didn’t walk in… I didn’t see you I swea—,”

You placed a hand up and asked, “Why didn’t you try to talk to me after you called?”

“I thought you just needed time and when I tried to call again, I couldn’t contact you,”

“So you thought I changed my number?” You sighed and looked back at the ocean,

“______-ah… I’m really sorry,”

You looked back at him and said, “Okay…”

“really?”

“Don’t want to?”

He smiled and hugged you but then pulled back out, “Wait so that means we’re together again?”

You smirked, “Not quite… no,”

“W-Why not?”

“Well… last time we became an item, my brothers gone mad… especially T.O.P oppa,” You looked back at him and smirked, “Before we go back to where we were then, I want you to win their trust,”

He blinked, shocked from hearing that, “______-ah… that’s an impossible thing,”

“Then I can’t be with you,”

“B-But… _______-ah…”He said panicking,

“I’ll help you, don’t worry,” You said, “No more buts. You’ll start when we get back to Seoul… arasseo~?”


Just like what you said, the first thing he did when he got back to Seoul was talk to Taeyang. It was a secret meeting for the two of them so they could talk, he told him about what really happened and the older guy listened and told him to try and talk to Jiyong too. He told him that if he gets his sympathy then it was likely that everything will be better and probably let him date you. He also told him that you still having feelings for him might help him, but, “You do know Jiyong likes Youngjae for ______ right?” which was a little shock for him, “Jiyong wants _____ to be with, more or less, a guy like him,” Hoya felt offended and Taeyang felt that so he added, “If you don’t know what I mean, it’s basically because Youngjae’s a much better guy than you… I also think so, but you talking to me like this make me think twice,”

“But why… I am nice too, just probably not like him,” He said jealous,

Taeyang just shrugged and laugh, “yea, you are not like him. He’s never made _____ cry too,” And Hoya sulk, “And _____ loves you not Youngjae… pretty nice advantage right?” He nod with a smile and so the older guy continued, “So make Jiyong see you can be a better person for ______,”

“I can… b-but how can I possibly approach him? You know… nicely?”

“Well… You can’t but I think both CL and ______ can help you with him approaching you,”

After Hoya and Taeyang talked, he went home and texted you, “Got home from talking with your oppa… he told me to ask you and CL for help. You know, for talking with Jiyong,” He sat down at the closest chair he can ever sit on and murmured, “How’s Youngjae so much better than me? Ugh…”

“Because… I love her and I never disrespected her brothers,” A voice called out, “So you live here huh?”

Hoya turned to look at the guy, who was holding his back pack a blue box, “What are you doing here?”

“I came to give these to you…____ asked me to,” He dropped the box and pulled his bag on his back,

“Don’t act like your such a nice guy,” Hoya scoffed obviously irritated with the appearance of the guy,

“Look, she just told me to give this to you and talk to you. I’m in love with ______, yes, but because of that I respect her decisions and understand her,” Youngjae sighed and walked closer, “She asked me to try and get along with you, but that’ll probably be not soon but still…”

Hoya just looked at the guy and scoffed, “Just leave me alone then… and _____ too,”

“Can’t… my brother’s related to them,” He walked off leaving Hoya hanging,

Since, Zelo being T.O.P’s brother was just known within the family, Hoya didn’t know anything about it. He ran after him and asked, “W-What do you mean your brother?”

“Zelo, T.O.P hyung’s real brother. So, I can’t leave… he’s also precious to me,” He smiled and bowed, “Good luck with Jiyong hyung… It’ll only be hard from now,”

Again, Hoya was dumbfounded. He went back in and looked at the things you asked Youngjae to give him. The box had a card saying, “Goodluck! - _____” and when he opened it… it was a few books and notebooks, “How to understand G-Dragon, How to get close with T.O.P, and How to not irritate my brothers,” He said smiling, “So she made these herself?” He sat down on the Sofa and started reading, “To get close with T.O.P oppa… you have to first be friends with either Zelo or me… so having me on your side already means you’ll have to get the other one…”


The first few things in the books you personally written for Hoya is really hard, like impossible for him to accomplish. But you would try to cheer him up whenever he text you that he’s having a hard time. “______-ah, you really think this is okay?” He was going to ask Zelo to help him with T.O.P

“Of course it is,” You said fixing his cap, “Aigoo… if you can’t do this then I’m leaving,”

He holds your hands and pouts like a kid, “You said you won’t leave,”

You smile and pushed him forward, “Bunhong~~” you cheered. Zelo looked back at you with a spoon on his mouth and his hands on his lunch box, Daehyun was trying to get some of his food, “Daehyun, can’t you just leave the kid’s food alone?”

He smiles and lets it go and then they realize who was with you, “So it is true? Youngjae hyung did get dumped,”

It hurt for you to hear Zelo say that, especially to you, “J-Junhong,” You wanted to try and walk forward but he was already packing his things, “I didn’t want to hurt anyone…”

“But you had to choose someone noona…” His voice was serious, never shaking and not once did he look uncertain, “And it had to be the guy who made you feel like you’re junk,” He looked at Hoya and continued, “Hyung did everything to make you happy, but you never tried to make him smile,”

He left alone leaving Daehyun in the table, “Youngjae’s dropping out… and Zelo tried to stop him but we can’t,” He looks up and smiles a little, “No one else can… I just hope you two have a happy ending,” And then he also left,

Hoya didn’t know what to tell you, he saw you crying and it was the most heart breaking scene, “______-ah…” He pulls you in a hug and pats your head, “I’m sorry,”

“You didn’t do anything,” He felt a pang on his chest upon hearing you say that, you still choose to protect him even with all those things, “It’s not your fault,” But he felt like everything is his fault.

“Don’t say that…” He pushed you a bit and wipes your tears, “I never protected you… nor have I ever showed how much I’m in love with you. I never stepped up to even ask your brothers if I could go out with you and I’ve even scare off Zelo, now no one can help us,” He smiles a little and pinch your cheeks, “I’ll just talk to your brothers…” He said it, like it was the easiest thing to do in the world.