Chapter 3.

The Man in the Painting

   Chapter 3: My Guardian Angel   

 

I woke up on the bed as I looked around confused. 

"Wasn't I by the window last night?" I whispered to myself as I looked around. 

I ruffled my hair and got out of bed while noticing that Sunggyu was gone from the bed too. While heading to the bathroom, I smelled something delicious coming from the kitchen. As I walked towards the kitchen I think I saw Sunggyu hugging his knees behind the couch so no one would see him though the cavern the couches made together. Gahh~ you in those pajamas and hugging your knees makes you look like a adorable 5 year old. 

I bent down by where he was hiding and smiled as I ruffled his hair. 

"You stay right here until I tell you to come out okay?" I told him sweetly as he fearfully shook his head. 

Look's like he's scared of strangers. 

Slowly, I opened the door and saw Howon and Dongwoo cooking breakfast. My eyes widened, seeing them in my house. Cooking breakfast. In my house. When there's a boy in the house. That they don't know about. 

"Oh hey, you're awake." Dongwoo said as he got up and kissed my forehead. 

I froze in my spot while looking at both of them crazily. Howon noticed someone was staring at his back as he slowly turned around with a smile. 

"W-What are you guys doing here?" I asked somewhat coldly, but I was in fear of letting them see Sunggyu hiding in my house. It would be World War 3 if they saw Sunggyu in the house. 

My best friend and my brother weren't very fond of my guy friends. They would always tell me not to create a relationship with them without their permission. Unless they were co workers and they knew them, then I could create a relationship with them.. they didn't have many friends that I liked. Anyways, now to try and sneak food for Sunggyu. 

"What do you mean what are we doing here?" Howon asked while laughing. 

"We're here to go get flowers for Abeoji. Then go put it on his grave. We're having a picnic on the hill by his grave so we can celebrate his birthday." Dongwoo said as he playfully punched my shoulder. 

I furrowed my eyebrows. I forgot it's his birthday. I facepalmed myself as I quickly tried to figure out what to say. 

"U-Uh, while I get ready I'm going to eat in my room okay? Don't come upstairs okay?!" I quickly said before taking my plate and running out the door. 

Howon and Dongwoo looked at eachother oddly. 

"Dude, your sister's crazy." Howon said as his laughed and sipped on his orange juice. 

"I've known her all my life, puh-lease. Tell me something I don't already know Hoya." Dongwoo replied with a piece of toast hanging out of his mouth. 

I quickly grabbed Sunggyu from underneath the couch and pushed him up the stairs as we both ran up together in a hurry. There was no time for me to talk. I handed the breakfast to Sunggyu so he could eat and he ate on the bed, where I had left him. I was all over the room looking for the right clothing. 

Should I wear black? 

Should I be colorful? 

What am I doing?! SUNGGYU HAS NO CLOTHES EITHER! 

Wait, I'm taking Sunggyu? 

WHAT AM I DOING?!

There was a sudden knock on my door. 

Sunggyu stopped eating with the fork hanging out of his mouth. Sunggyu and I looked at eachother with widened eyes as we stopped what we were doing. 

I held my breath, hoping the person behind the door  wouldn't open it. 

"Hey, we're going to go out and change. We came straight here after practice, we'll be right back by the time you're done..maybe. Wear anything, we're just seeing Dad." Dongwoo said as I heard his footsteps going away from the door. 

I exhaled as Sunggyu continued eating. While tripping over stuff to find my phone, I dialed the number to my cousin Im Nana. 

"Hello?" Nana's sweet voice went through the phone. 

"QUICKLY TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW." I shouted through the phone in a panic. 

"KBS.. why?" Nana asked me with a hint of confusion in her voice. 

"Awesome, I need you to bring me some of your managers clothes. Just a black graphic tee, jeans, and a hat." I ordered. 

"Okay, I'll be there in 5 minutes!" Nana said quickly before hanging up. 

I turned to look at Sunggyu who had passed out on the bed. The empty plate was on the bedside table as he was curled up into a ball underneath the bed. 

Gosh, this adult hamster.. so effing adorable. 

I was putting on my dress while waiting for the knock at the door. 

*knock knock* 

There it is. 

I quickly ran to the front door as I saw Nana holding a bag with a smile. I quickly took it from here and motioned for her to come inside. 

"Are you going to your next schedule soon?" I asked, anticipating that she'll say no. 

"Nope. I'm free all day.. you're not going to make me do anything right?" She asked cautiously as she was about to head to the door. 

I grabbed her wrist to stop her from escaping as I smirked. 

"I need you to..baby sit for me." I awkwardly said while checking her expression. 

"B-Baby sit?" Nana stuttered with a raised eyebrow. 

Her expression was priceless.. if only I had a gif of it. :( 

"Well, technically a-adult sit? He's 2 to 3 years older than you..." I silently said as her eyes widened.

"If he's that age, then why do I have to take care of him?!" Nana exclaimed as she flailed her arms in the air. 

"Shh! He's sleeping right now! It's a long story. I'll text you it on my way to my Dad's grave okay?" I assured her as she sighed. 

"I'll do it only because it's Uncle's birthday. Say 'Happy Birthday' to him for me." Nana said with a smile. 

"I'll make sure. Now stay here and if Howon and Dongwoo come inside then tell them to wait here. If they ask you if you're going or not say you have another schedule okay? Got it?" I asked before heading up the stairs. 

"Alright!" Nana shouted whisper-like. 

I did a thumbs up before going up the stairs and when I walked in, I saw Sunggyu sitting criss cross in bed with the blanket over his head while he was rubbing his eyes with his bottom lip sticking out. 

Why are you so darn cute for such a– ugh, I don't even know anymore. 

"S-Sunggyu-shii, downstairs is my cousin Nana. She's 21 so she might call you Oppa okay? Don't be mean to her okay? Arrasso?" I asked before heading to the bathroom. 

"Arrasso. Where are you going?" Sunggyu asked as he grabbed a pillow while hugging it. 

I walked out of the bathroom, putting my Infinite necklace on. 

"U-Uh, I have to go out for some business.. My Dad's birthday to be exact. I'll be back in a few hours so just hang out with my cousin." I said with a smile. 

"Hang out?" Sunggyu asked a little confused. 

"Like, watch TV.. I mean the television. Learn about eachother.. Wait, you said you liked singing right?" I suddenly thought of an idea. 

"Yeah, I really love it. Why?" Sunggyu responded while tilting his head to get where I was going at.  

"I have a karaoke room and I think Nana knows where it is, but you can sing in there! Wait, you know what Karaoke is right?" I asked a little scared at his answer because I had no time to explain. 

"Yes, of course." Sunggyu smiled. 

"Awesome. Do you want to freshen up and change or do you just want to stay in pajamas all day?" I asked before heading out the door. 

"I'll stay in my pajamas. I'm not going anywhere so I'll just wait here in my comfty soft pajamas." Sunggyu laughed while touching his pajama sleeves. 

I made an okay sign with my hands as he put his hoodie over his head which made him look even more cuter. 

"Let's go downstairs!" Sunggyu announced like a little kid as we ran downstairs. 

Nana looked up from her magazine and saw hamster Sunggyu. I slowly grabbed Sunggyu's wrist and dragged him over to Nana. 

"Nana, this is Kim Sunggyu. He is your Oppa. Say Hello." I ordered Sunggyu as he bowed blankly. 

"I'm Nana, nice to meet you Sunggyu..Oppa." Nana introduced herself as she bowed with an awkward smile. 

"Well, I'll be back. Don't be too awkward okay. Don't do anything that's weird or he'll become frightened.. Don't invite anyone over either because he has a fear of strangers." I said like I was a Mother talking to a babysitter about the things my child hates and likes. 

"Go~" Nana motioned me as she pushed me out the door. 

"Remember what I said!" I shouted before heading out to the door where Howon and Dongwoo were honking outside. 

Nana turned to Sunggyu who had a frightened expression on his face. Nana slowly put her arms on her hips as she observed Sunggyu's movements and actions towards her. 

"So, Sunggyu.. what do you want to do?" Nana asked as she stayed in her place. 

"Y-Yuna, suggested k-karaoke." Sunggyu nervously said as he put his hands in his little pockets of the pajamas.

"Well, let's go then." Nana said with a little enthusiasm and clap of her hands. 

Sunggyu flinched at the claps as he followed Nana up the stairs to the karaoke room. 

-∞∞∞-

We arrived at market as I looked for my Fathers favorite flowers. I had sent Dongwoo to get the flowers my Mom liked and I sent Howon to go buy stuff for the picnic since he was the once that cooked the most among us. 

There was a variety of beautiful flowers around me as I entered the big lonely flower shop. There wasn't many people inside while I browsed for the best selection of white tulips. 

[Listen to: Rainbow's You & I!]

As I was picking out a scanning the racks of flowers, I felt a presence behind me. I slowly turned around and my eyes met the man's chest. I read his name tag. Lee Sungyeol. I slowly looked up as my eyes went straight to the mans fierce stare that was going through my soul. 

"M-May I help you with something?" I asked as I tilted my head a little confused and intimidated. 

Sungyeol suddenly snapped back to reality after hearing your voice. 

"I-I wanted to know if you needed help finding something in particular." Sungyeol replied goofily while scratching the nape of his neck. 

I giggled at how nervous and shy he was right now. 

"No, I'm just looking. If I need help I'll call you over okay?" I said with a bright smile. 

The smile mesmerized Sungyeol as the world just stopped spinning for him. I waved my hand in front of his face, trying to get an answer out of him, which I probably wasn't going to get. I turned back around to the racks of flowers, touching them before I found  a beautiful stack of white tulips. 

I turned back around and Sungyeol was gone at the counter, staring at me. I caught him staring before he jumped in surprise and wrote something in a notebook. I rolled my eyes as I made my way to the counter. 

There was a ring of a bell coming from the customer walking into the flower shop. I glanced to see who it was and I couldn't believe my eyes. I turned to fully look at the guy who came inside the store while blinking my eyes in complete shock. 

How did he get here!?

"Sunggyu, what are you doing here?" I asked as I made my way towards him. 

Sunggyu looked at the where the voice came from and smiled while coming towards me. Sunggyu was wearing something that didn't fit my description to what I had told Nana through the phone. I remember saying black graphic tee, jeans, and a hat. Not a blue blazer, a white and blue dress shirt, and white skinny jeans. Where's the hat?!

"Nana, drove me here. I wanted to come say Happy Birthday to Abeoji." Sunggyu smiled brightly. 

I froze. 

NANA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

My phone vibrated as I took it out of my pocket, getting a text message from Nana and Dongwoo at the same time. 

You'll thank me later... turns out I have a schedule so my manager dropped him off. Also Sunggu said stuff about Uncle creating him and he came out of a painting and stuff.. Was that your long story? keke it's funny and unrealistic. - Nana

We're at the car already.. hurry before we die of hunger lol - Dongwoo

I rolled my eyes as I mentally facepalmed myself. Sunggyu looked at me oddly as he noticed that Sungyeol was eyeing me rather.. seductively. Sunggyu grabbed my wrist unexpectedly and walked to the counter to where Sungyeol had his eyes the size of an owls.

"Yah, Sunggyu what are you doing?" I asked a little surprised at his behavior. 

"This man was looking at you with a weird look in his eyes. I don't like it." Sunggyu stuck out his bottom lip while crossing his arms. 

Sungyeol laughed at Sunggyu's childish act. Sunggyu glared at the man before him as I looked at both of them oddly. 

"Uh, I'll pay for these." I slowly said before placing the flowers on the table. 

Sungyeol broke eye contact with Sunggyu as he scanned the barcode on the flowers and handed it back to me. 

"$6." Sungyeol said as Sunggyu looked at me. 

I handed him the money as I dragged Sunggyu out of the store with me. 

"Sunggyu, you are just.. a big surprise you know that?! How am I going to get you to go to the cemetary with me without Dongwoo flipping out?!" I yelled in a panic, outside of the flower shop where people were looking at me like I was a lunatic. 

I ruffled my hair in frustration as Sunggyu looked down and fiddled with his fingers guiltily. 

[Stop music if it's still playing and play this! Phantom - Hole In Your Face]

"I'm sorry for yelling at you Sunggyu." I slowly said as I gave him a little hug. 

Sunggyu was like a little kid so I had to baby him. 

"I'm sorry for asking, but what is flipping out?" Sunggyu asked as he put his arms around my waist. 

"Getting angry." I replied quickly before we released our arms around eachother. 

"You stay quiet while I tell my brothers what happened okay? If my brothers ask you anything then don't answer and I'll answer for you okay?" I told him as we were walking towards the car. 

Dongwoo and Howon immediately got out of the car as they stared at Sunggyu, scaring him. Sunggyu hid behind me like a little kid. Seeing a guy look so charismatic with red hair and sophisticated clothing on, while hiding behind my back like a little child is kind of weird. It's cute, but a little weird.

"Who's this?" Dongwoo asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I didn't know we were taking another person." Howon said with crossed arms.

"A-Appa taught him how to draw and he found me. He said he wanted to say Happy Birthday to Appa too." I explained. 

"Fine, get in the car." Dongwoo ordered as I gestured Sunggyu to get inside the back seat with me. 

-∞∞∞-

"Hey.. Abeoji. You're 56 years old now!" Dongwoo said happily as a tear escaped from his left eye. 

"Appa, I hope you're having a great time with heaven, now that you're with Umma." I said as I blew a kiss to the sky. 

Howon patted Dongwoo's back so Dongwoo wouldn't break out crying. I went towards Sunggyu as his expression was blank, but his eyes told another story. I waved my hand in front of his face to catch his attention, but he was too deep into thought. 

I turned my attention towards Dongwoo who was now crying into Howon's shoulder. They were hugging which wasn't a rare sight to see, but it looked kind of rare right now. 

Suddenly, at the corner of my eye I saw Sunggy walking towards the grave slowly. I watched Sunggyu bent down as he pulled out the weeds that were surrounding the grave. 

"Hey.. Mr. Im.. how are you doing? I'm here with Yuna, your son, and your daughter best friend. I will fulfill your wish. Afterall, you created me to perfection for your daughter. I'm grateful to be learning so much on Earth right now and I hope you have a nice 56th birthday. Take care of yourself." Sunggyu softly said as he slowly got up and noticed that I was right behind him the whole time. 

"Did y-you hear what I said?" Sunggyu asked a little panicked. 

"I couldn't hear a few words. You were too quiet." I reassured him as he exhaled with a smile. 

"Good, it would be a little embarrassing if you heard what I said." Sunggyu replied while scratching the nape of his neck. 

"So, how about we go to the picnic sight before Dongwoo passes out from crying." Howon suggested as he laughed. 

"Haha, let's go." I said as I grabbed the picnic basket. 

Sunggyu grabbed the picnic blanket as he followed me. 

"Hoya~ give me a piggy back ride." Dongwoo whined on the ground. 

"You're too heavy." Howon argued. 

"Pweez? I drove you here!" Dongwoo manipulated Howon. 

Howon rolled his eyes and bent on the ground to wait for Dongwoo to climb on his back. Dongwoo slowly got on Howon's back and  smiled.

-∞∞∞-

[Listen to this: Neon Bunny's Can't Stop Thinking About You]

"So, how old are you Sunggyu-shii?" Dongwoo asked after finishing his cries with food in his mouth. 

I slapped Dongwoo's shoulder as he gave a -what?!- look. I rolled my eyes. 

Sunggyu looked at me like he was waiting for an answer. I slowly turned to meet his eyes. 

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked kind of creeped out by his staring. 

"You told me not to talk and let you answer all the questions your brother and your best friend ask me." Sunggyu recited what I had said back at the flower shop. 

My eyes widened as I looked at Howon and Dongwoo's reactions. They both had raised eyebrows as I sighed and slowly put a cookie in my mouth. 

"You can talk now.. I don't think you'll need me. Just don't mention anything about painting since I've heard about that too much already." I told him as I picked up some strawberries. 

Sunggyu saw where I was getting at and made sure not to mention anything about paintings. Luckily, he was pretty good at making up stories. 

"I'm 23 years old and my birthday is in April." Sunggyu answered Dongwoo's question. 

"I'm 23 too! What year?" Dongwoo asked a little interested into learning about Sunggyu. 

Oh, he's warming up to him! 

"1989.." Sunggyu replied with a smile. 

"Aye, I'm a year younger than you! We can still be friends right?" Dongwoo asked excited that he was making a new friend. 

"Ah– ne. Dongwoo-ah?" Sunggyu asked a bit questioning at first. 

"You don't have to be awkward, Sunggyu-ah!" Dongwoo exclaimed as he gave Sunggyu a quick brotherly hug. 

Sunggyu laughed before turning towards me with a smile. Howon noticed our exchanges of smiles as he smiled at the both of us. 

"Yuna, when did you meet Sunggyu?" Howon asked before taking a sip of his orange juice. 

"U-Uh, yesterday.. at the company." I told no lie. 

"You seem really close to Sunggyu-ah right now." Dongwoo pointed out with a piece of bread hanging out of his mouth. 

"Well, I felt comfortable with him.." I tried to explain since I was usually never so close to boys. 

"Well, it's rare to see Im Yuna so comfortable with a man after a day." Howon said with a wink. 

"Haven't I done this before?" I asked a bit uncomfortable by their stares. 

"It took you about a month to get used to Hoya." Dongwoo pointed out. 

"It did?" I asked in fake disbelief. 

"You wouldn't talk to him unless he made the conversation first. You would always fight and play pranks on eachother.. And now you're best friends." Dongwoo shouted while flailing his arms in celebration. 

"How did you meet?" Sunggyu asked with a smile. 

"Dongwoo-ah brought me over to his house to study and I saw Yuna painting and I decided to scare her.. then all hell broke loose." Howon explained. 

"What do you mean all hell broke loose?" Sunggyu asked a little confused at the play on words of Howon. 

"U-Uh, it's like crazy." I explained before Howon could explain. 

"Oh, I met Yuna when I was the gallery looking at.. paintings she made." Sunggyu smiled brightly as he saw me blushing. 

"Oh! Is Yuna blushing?" Howon asked with a finger pointed at me. 

"Uh-oh, someone likes Sunggyu-ah!" Dongwoo also pointed a finger at me while moving around his eyebrows. 

"Shut up.." I gruffly said as I pouted and crossed my arms. 

Sunggyu blushed a little yet as it was getting dark, you couldn't see the shade of crimson red on his cheeks. 

​  ​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞​∞∞  


Kydelee's Note: 

Annyeong~ :D I hope you liked this long chapter. Hehe, it's not really long to me since I'm the one that read it quickly before editing some misspelled words and incorrect grammar. 

I hope you enjoy Man in the Painting! :) 

Annyeong!! ♥♥♥

Remember to: SUBSCRIBE, UPVOTE, SHARE, AND COMMENT!

sincerely, authornim | kydelee