Chapter 11.

The Man in the Painting

  ∞ Chapter 11: The Call ∞  

 

"Yeobosaeyo?" Sunggyu answered the phone for me as I was finishing up last minute paperwork. 

"Oh! Can I please talk to Miss Im?" The voice said in a broken korean accent. 

"I'm sorry, but she's busy. If you would like to leave a message then I'll make sure to give it to her." Sunggyu said. 

I stared at Sunggyu and he sounded so professional, saying stuff like 'if you would like to leave a message then I'll make sure to give it to her'. How on Earth is he so perfect? 

"Yuna, you have the advertisement agency calling for you again." Sungjong poked his head through the door. 

"Can't they get it into their minds that I don't want to model for them?!" I angrily said as I grabbed the phone from Sunggyu. 

"Excuse me, but I do not want to accept any of your offers of modeling!" I said pissed off. 

"Miss, I'm here to tell you about the party in London. I wanted to know if you were able to attend still." A person with a british accent said. 

"Charles? Why didn't you just call my phone?" I asked with a laugh. 

Sunggyu looked over at me being so giddy, talking in English. Sungjong went back to his paperwork after hearing your slight attitude change. 

"I see how it is.." Sungjong said to himself as he organized the documents in there correct folders.

"Sungjongie, what's wrong?" Sunggyu asked confused. 

"Yuna is going to England to attend the royal ball. I'm pretty sure with the mood she's in right now, then she'll accept the modeling job." Sungjong whispered into Sunggyu's ear. 

Sunggyu nodded while a smile slowly transformed onto his face. 

"Charles, I'll talk to you later! Haha, toodles." I said as my face turned into a pokerface. 

"So, guys.. I'll be busier and you'll have less work. You guys all have Wednesday through Saturday off!" I shouted through the intercom happily. 

"Look like you're happy." Sungjong stated still looking at his paperwork. 

"Of course. Charles called me. He was always so nice to me when I was a little kid. He always made things fun when my Dad wasn't home." I said with a gigantic smile planted on my face. 

"It's going to be soo nice seeing Charles again!" I excitedly shouted as I jumped around. 

"Woah, calm down. We still have work." Sungjong proclaimed. 

I rolled my eyes. 

"Sungjongie.. is that all you think about? WORK, WORK, WORK? I'm the boss here and I demand you to take a break." I said with crossed arms and a pouty face. 

"Yah, stop your pout. I understand now." Sungjong replied as he just threw the papers onto the desk. 

"So, Sungjong are you going?" I asked excitedly yet again. 

"Do I have a choice?" Sungjong asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"Haha, you actually don't.. since you're like my partner in crime!" I giggled. 

Sunggyu was silently watching Sungjong and I talk and during that time, I didn't even notice Sunggyu still there! 

"Sunggyu-ah." I waved my hand in front of his face. 

"Y-Yeah?" Sunggyu answered, trying not to zone out again. 

"Sungjong is going to take you to buy new clothes. Here's my master card. Go buy whatever you want~" I said, tucking my master card into Sungjong's pocket. 

"We'll be back as flashly as possible!" Sungjong promised. 

I rolled my eyes and sighed. 

"Just.. don't go over $500. See you guys tonight." I replied before heading out the door.