Chapter 9.

The Man in the Painting

 ∞ Chapter 9: Avoiding Yet Laughing In The End ∞ 

 

[Sunggyu POV] 

I ran away to who knows where. I still wasn't familiar with the building also. 

As I stood there in the empty office that I randomly stepped into, there was a huge window like the one in Yuna's office. 

I sat down by the glass window as I saw Gangnam right underneath me. 

"Why did my heart hurt?"  I asked myself.

I clutched my shirt, where my heart was and took slow deep breaths. 

"Hyung?" I heard the door creak open as Sungjong appeared from the door with a worried look on his face. 

I slowly stood up and faced Sungjong with a fake smile. 

"Hey, Sungjongie." I said in a low tone. 

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Sungjong asked as he grabbed my arm gently. 

"I just needed to be alone for awhile." I said with a small smile. 

Sungjong patted my back soothingly as we headed out of the office together. 

[Yuna's POV] 

Hmm, Sunggyu didn't come for lunch..

I rubbed my chin as I was back to filling out paperwork. 

"I need a break.." I sighed, still thinkng about why Sunggyu didn't come for lunch. 

Once I arrived in front of the open door to the other office, I saw Sungjong on the computer typing, Sunggyu organizing papers, and the other workers..well working. 

I walked around and peeked at whatever everyone was doing, once I reached Sunggyu's station.. he looked up at me with a smile, but something in his eyes told me that he was in pain. On Sunggyu's eyes were a thin shade of happiness and pain. 

Did I do something wrong for him not to come eat with Howon and I? Hmm, I don't remember anything.. 

"Sunggyu Oppa~" I said with crossed arms. 

"Ne?" Sunggyu asked as he stood up to face me. 

"Why are you being so distant?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. 

Sunggyu looked around as every one of the workers were secretly glancing ande eavesdropping into the conversation. 

"Can we please talk about this outside?" Sunggyu whispered to me in a low tone. 

"Sure." I replied as I let him drag me out of the company building and across to the cafe. 

Sunggyu pulled out the chair for me as he sat in the one opposite of me with his hands intertwined. I just stared at him and waited for him to talk about why he was avoiding me and being so distant. 

"Well..? Are you going to tell me or not? Don't leave me hanging Sunggyu." I said a bit distressed. 

"My heart hurts." Sunggyu replied quietly. 

"W-What?" I asked so he could repeat it more clearly. 

Sunggyu leaned in towards the table and came close to my face. 

"My heart hurts." Sunggyu repeated a bit louder this time.

I didn't know if I was supposed to laugh or send him to the clinic. By having your heart hurt.. it's caused by love, being surprised. and etc. right? He couldn't possibly be in love with me right? That would be a disaster. 

"You could have just straight out told me that instead of whispering it." I told him with a sweet smile. 

"Well, I'm sorry. I was stuck in a painting for almost all my life. How would I know what not to whisper about." Sunggyu rolled his eyes while I also did. 

"Let's go back to work. We have another 2 hours okay?" I said as I got up from my seat. 

Sunggyu quickly grabbed my wrist before I had left the cafe. I turned to him questionably while he just had a -please stay- look on his face. I sighed before sitting down.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

What were we suppose to do away from the company together?

When I asked Sunggyu if he was hungry, a sudden flashback to when he saw you laughing with Howon flashed into his head like a short movie. Sunggyu clutched his heart again as I noticed. I grabbed his arm quickly, but gently. 

"Is there something wrong Sunggyu?" I worriedly exclaimed. 

"It's j-just my heart hurts." Sunggyu winced in pain as he said those words. 

I slowly sat back down in my seat, eyeing him. 

"Stop staring at m-me please." Sunggyu feebly asked with a hand covering his face and another clutching his heart. 

I stared into space for a couple of seconds while we were just sitting with nothing to do. 

"Want to just go home then?" I asked. 

Sunggyu lifted his head to look up at me as I laughed at his flustered expression. Sunggyu was a bit hesitant while thinking about if we should call of work and go home. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, waiting for his answer. I quickl glanced at my watch on my wrist and it we've been in this cafe for about 35 minutes already. I sighed, still waiting for his answer. 

While impatiently tapping my fingers onto the table, he finally answered with a small smile. 

"Sure, I could use some sleep." Sunggyu said shortly. 

I gawked at how long he took just to spit out a simple answer. I facepalmed myself yet knowing Sunggyu was watching me facepalm to his fail. 

"Let's go.." I mumbled, taking his hand in mine. 

We walked towards my car as he glanced at the building a couple of times. 

"Aren't we going to get your stuff?" Sunggyu asked. 

I smiled and just nodded. 

"I'll tell Dongwoo to get it. He uses my office too whenever he starts working." I explained to Sunggyu while he just nodded his head in the passengers seat. 

"So, what are we going to do?" Sunggyu asked after we had a bit of silence in the car. 

"Stay home all day and sit on the couch while watching korean sitcoms." I jokingly said. 

"What sitcoms?" Sunggyu turned serious and excited. 

I glanced at him before returning my eyes back to the road. 

"You know I was...kidding right?" I slowly said still facing the road. 

"O-Oh? You were kidding? Aye, don't get my hopes up like that." Sunggyu jokingly played along as he slapped my arm lightly. 

"Wait, do you want to watch korean sitcoms?" I asked a little hopeful. 

"Sure. Whatever you want to watch." Sunggyu replied with a smile. 

--

"Oh my gosh, he looks so funny!" Sungygyu shouted as we were watching 'What Is Mom' together on the couch in the darkness. 

"That reminds me of that one move in The Boys' by Girl's Generation!" I exclaimed while demonstrating the move. 

The video lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xihj_NFH2fM

Sunggyu and I laughed at eachothers goofiness while putting our attention back to the screen. 

We had a bowl of popcorn as both of our hands unconsciously touched while getting a handful of popcorn to savor in our mouths. We looked at out hands and led our eyes to meet with eachothers. We blinked for a few times as it was quiet, except for the TV as background noise. 

Sunggyu awkwardly coughed with a followed by blush. I just hands together and grabbed a handful of popcorn while he waited for my hand to get out of the bowl so he could grab some. At that time, we weren't paying attention at all to the sitcom. We were just enduring the awkward silence until the sitcom ended which was another 15 minutes. 

This is going to be a long night. 


A/N: It's going to be a plain Authors Note. XD I unfortunately had to switch laptops. ERGH! WAE IMO?! WAE?! 

My aunt's laptop is so old.. I mean like you know when you were in grade school/middle school/high school and they had those laptops that didn't look too old, but somewhat old.. xD Well, that's what it was. One of those DELL laptops the school provided. My Aunt's laptop totally like erased so many chapters for me. My laptop has like.. idk what it did, but I had to reset it and now it's restoring my backup files. 

I hate it. 

...with a burning passion.