Meeting

X-Po2k10

 

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

When I arrived to said location where Rhiyou and I were supposed to meet, I felt more alive and energetic. My sister was with me as usual. She didn’t want to be left in the house all alone.

“Wait here, I’ll be right back!” I told to my sister.

I went out of my car and went to the café. I looked around to see where Rhiyou was sitting. I saw her when she’s waving her hand already. I went to her and sat down opposite to hers.

 “So have you thought of a name for our new group?” Rhiyou asked as I sat down.

“Ani. I can’t think of anything,” I answered.

“Well, I thought of something and it’s really cool,” Rhiyou said.

Rhiyou told me her suggestion for the name of our group. She explained to me the details why she picked that name. it interest me and I thought, it was appropriate for our identities as well.

“I like that. Let’s use that name,” I said.

“Ok! Since, everything is settled, when do we start rehearsing?” Rhiyou asked. “Oh, I forgot to ask, when will be the audition?”

“Next week will be the audition, three days from now and we’re gonna start rehearsing tomorrow,” I answered. “But today, we’re gonna celebrate as a new coming group to SMent.”

Rhiyou and I went out of the café. My sister went out of the car as she saw both of us.

“Annyeong haseyo Rhiyou-yah,” my big sister waved at her.

“Thea unni!” Rhiyou was surprised to see her.

She went towards her and hugged her. More like a family reunion here… Rhiyou suddenly looked at me as she smiled to Thea unni.

“I forgot to say, I have a companion as well and I think you’ll be happy when you see him,” Rhiyou said.

Who is she talking about? Could it be that it’s…?

“Mwonde?” I asked.

“Me,” a deep husky voice said.

As I turned around, Rhiyou’s car door suddenly opened. I looked at his feet as he went out. Then my gaze raised until it reached his face as I scanned his features. A tall man surprised me but then I realized who was in front of me. It was mark John McCain, MJ for short, Rhiyou’s big brother and McCain’s only son and for the record, the first guy that I had crush on with…

“Hi,” he greeted as he smiled to me.

“Hi…” I said and turned my gaze to Rhiyou. “So where do you want to go?”

“I want to go to the mall with Therese unni,” Rhiyou said as she grabbed my sister’s arm.

She’s kidding me right? Was she planning something? This wasn’t good…

“That would be good,” my sister agreed.

“That’s not gonna happen,” I crossed my arm for disapproval.

“Come on Bea! Just this once,” Rhiyou pleaded.

“Besides it would be good to talk to an old friend whom you never saw for the last past years,” my sister was giving me a sign.

Rhiyou and my sister knew about me liking MJ since we were young. Although he got more handsome, it didn’t mean I still like him, like I used to when we were young. I sighed before making a decision since I have no choice at all. Whether I oppose or not, they won't agree to my decision.

“Fine! But this will be once, just once!” I said and they both nodded with happiness.

(Mark John’s Point of View)

“Fine! But this will be once, just once!” Beatrice finally agreed and the girls nodded with happiness.

Rhiyou looked at me the moment Beatrice turned her back on them. My sister blink her eye to me. I just smiled for I knew what she was thinking.

My sister knew about me liking Beatrice a lot when we were young. But I got a girlfriend named Annabelle and my sister didn’t like her for Annabelle hated Beatrice a lot. We didn’t last for more than two years. She got jealous whenever I talked to her about Beatrice. She even kept lies about Beatrice. I just knew them since she’s my sister’s classmate and Beatrice’s as well. Annabelle kept clinging to me and we broke up after she said some bad things about Beatrice.

But to be honest, after hearing that she entered the showbiz world as a new person behind the mask and face paint and seeing her in her performance outfits, my feelings for her outgrew even more.  Hearing that she had a boyfriend back then, I felt hurt but at the same time, happy as well for her. But it hurt me even more when I found out that Beatrice and her boyfriend already split up. I wanted to know if she’s really ok with it or might be carrying something heavy in her heart.

“Give me the keys! I’ll drive,” I said as I reach out my hand for her to give me the keys to her car.

“There’s no way you’re driving my car! My rules, I’ll drive,” Beatrice said with dignity.

“See you later ladies,” I said after hopping in to Beatrice’s car.

Beatrice shocked me by the way she drove her car. It was fast and aggressive. Her car was Ferrari, the 599 GTB.

“Hey! Slow down,” I said.

“If you can't take the heat, then get out of my car!” Beatrice said as she pulled over and opened the door for me.

“I’m just not used to it. My stomach might go upside down,” I confessed.

“You should have told me earlier. Lock the door,” Beatrice said with a calm tone.

She drove her car normally. It wasn’t too fast like before and it wasn’t slow at all. But after some time, she pulled over her car and cut the engine.

“Why did you stop?” I asked her.

“Because we’re here,” Beatrice said as she went out of the car.

The dusk was approaching near. I followed Beatrice as she started walking up on the hill.

“Are we there yet?” I asked her.

“If you want to go back  then go,” she told me without even stopping from walking.

(Rhiyou’s Point of View)

“What do you think happened to them?” Thea unni asked.

“I don’t know! But I’m excited to find it out when my brother tells it to me,” I smiled widely to her.

“It would also be good if they make things up,” Thea unni thought.

“I hope so,” I had a doubtful answer.

“What’s with the unsure answer? Thea unni asked.

“Because I don’t know if Beatrice had moved on already,” I said.

“What do you mean? Therese unni asked.

“They broke up, Taemin and Beatrice. She loved Taemin a lot but I never knew what happened between them since they weren’t speaking to each other before we left SMent and before Russell Corporation got bankrupt,” I explained.

“She didn’t tell me that one,” Therese unni got sad.

“She won't tell us the reason why. All we know is that they suddenly broke up without a permanent statement and Taemin is already dating Sulli,” I added.

(Mark John’s Point of View)

Beatrice suddenly stopped from walking. She took a deep breath and sighed. She closed her eyes for few seconds then she opened them again and smiled.

“What are you looking?” I asked Beatrice.

She wasn’t giving me any answer. It was night already and the stars were shining bright in the sky. As I reached where she was, bright city lights welcomed me. It was beautiful and perfect for sightseeing.

“Do you often go here? I asked her.

“Only when I want to be alone,” she spoke and gave me an answer.

“Is it because you’re still hurt?” I accidentally asked.

“What do you mean by still hurt?” she looked at me with a questionable expression all over her face.

“Rhiyou told me about you and…”

“That’s the past. Whatever happened between me and him isn’t a burden for me anymore. I already moved on,” she cut me off.

“Do you still love him?’ I asked with hesitation.

“No I don’t, not anymore. I don’t have any feelings for him,” Beatrice said straight.

“Is it possible for you to like me?” I asked.

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

“is it possible for you to like me?” MJ asked.

A sudden shock struck my heart.

“What do you mean?” I asked him with a serious tone.

“I like you,” MJ confessed.

“So what if you like me?” I asked him.

“I like you but I also love you,” MJ gave his point.

“You like me and you love me as well? What a funny joke,” I chuckled.

“I'm not lying, I’m serious!” he raised his tone and held my shoulders.

His hands were slowly sliding through my arms. He was looking straight to my eyes. I couldn’t look away. His eyes were pure and sincere. My heart started beating fast. He then slowly moved his head forward and our lips touched. His hands were on my hands as well.

When he departed his lips on mine, he looked at me again and smiled.

“I do love you and I want you to give me a chance to prove that to you,” MJ said and hugged me tight.

“Then I will give you that chance,” I whispered to his ear.

I’ll try to open my heart again since that was the only way. I can't hurt myself all over again because of him.

“Really?” MJ asked happily and I nodded. “I’m glad you did.”

Because I want to believe in love again, to believe in you…