Heart Or Mind

X-Po2k10

 

(Rhiyou’s Point of View)

The concert started and I’m a little nervous since I’ve been partnered to Jjong to do the duets on stage. Taemin and Beatrice were partners while Krystal and Minho were the third pair, Onew oppa and Luna were the fourth pair and Kyuhyun oppa and Seo Hyun unni were the last pair.

FLASHBACK (Rhiyou’s Point of View)

“What? I’ve been paired to whom?” I almost complained when I heard who my partner was.

“It’s Jjong, Rhica. Kim…Jonghyun,” Beatrice repeated.

“I’m not doing it!” I said.

“Do it or you’ll be out of here?” Beatrice gave me an option which was not an option at all. “You have to decide.”

“I’ll do it!” I sighed as I complained.

Such a pity! Why him when I can be paired to anyone else but why him?

“Don’t ask why the president picked him for you,” Beatrice said as she looked herself on the mirror.

“Who’s your partner?” I asked while thinking. “Could it be…?”

“Don’t say it out loud!” Beatrice said in a calm manner. “Although I hate it, I have to abide by it since I want to stay for our real motive.”

But for me, I’m losing my will to achieve that real motive of ours.

“I know and we can't do anything about it, can we?” I smirked.

“Nope, not at all!” she grinned.

“Noona are you free?” Kai asked as he opened the door.

“Mianhae I’m busy right now,” Beatrice said.

“How about later?” Kai insisted.

“I’ll check my sched,” Beatrice smiled.

“Ok! Text me,” Kai said and went off.

“Are you really sure you’re not…?” I said as I shook my head.

“No I’m not,” Beatrice said as she got what I meant.

END OF FLASHBACK

“Give it up for…X-Po2k10!” the host said and the lights turned off.

(Amber’s Point of View)

“Chukahae unni,” Sulli greeted as the X-Po2k10 members passed by us.

“Tsk,” Erica smirked as she heard that.

“What with the attitude?” Krystal became irritated.

Somehow, Erica and Rhica reminds me of some girls I barely knew.

“I hope they’re here,” I murmured as I pushed the doorbell button.

“Alright, alright! I’ll get it,” it sounds like…

“Hello?” I said as Rhica opened the door.

“What are you doing here unni?” Rhica asked.

“Nothing I just wanna talk,” I smiled.

She opened the door wide open and let me in to their room.

“Who is it?” Erica asked.

“It’s Amber unni, she wanna talk,” Rhica said and sat on the couch.

“What’s to talk about?” Erica asked.

“Can I ask you some questions?” I said.

The two girls looked at each other. Rhica just shrugged while Erica smiled to me.

“Sure, what is it?” she said.

“Are you two related to Beatrice and Rhiyou?” I started questioning them.

“Why unni?” Rhica asked getting curious.

“Well, you two seemed familiar to me and I just want to be sure,” I said.

“Sure about what?” Erica asked.

“That I’m not mistaken about you two,” I looked at them suspiciously.

“Mistaken about us being the girls you knew?” Rhica got my point. “Look unni, if you’re here to know something about us, you won't get any information from us.”

“Rhica!” Erica stopped her from saying again.

“What? I’m just saying,” Rhica said.

“Mianhada unni but it would be best if you’ll leave now,” Erica said and went to the door to open it for me.

As I met her there, I looked into her eyes.

“Did I do something wrong?” I asked her.

“Not at all but we can't risk anything ever again,” she said and closed the door as I got out of their room.

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

If unni caught us this way, we’ll have another problem…I mean, I’ll have another problem for sure…

“If unni caught us, we’re dead!” Rhiyou said as she laid her body on the couch.

“I know and I won't let that happen,” I said to her.

“What if we’re really caught this time again? What will happen?” Rhiyou kept asking.

“Unni’s kind and I know for sure that she won't tell our secret when she finds it out Rhiyou,” I told her.

“I know that but she’s close to you-know-who,” Rhiyou gave a hint.

“That’s a big problem for sure,” I said.

“Then what are we gonna do?” she asked.

“We’ll keep our secret as long as we can,” I answered. “If we’re caught then we don’t have a choice but to tell the truth.”

(Taemin’s Point of View)

A text message that I sent to her? How was that possible? I didn’t touch my phone that day and only Sulli touched it and texted Amber noona.

“What are you thinking?” Minho hyung asked as he put his arms around my shoulders.

“Nothing,” I said. “I’m still thinking the last piece of the puzzle in my problem.”

“You mean how you and Beatrice broke up?” he asked and I nodded. “Tae, that’s too long.”

“I know but…”

“But you want to find a way for you and Bea to get back together, is that it?” Minho hyung asked as he cut me off.

“Ne,” I answered.

“Then I’ll help you ok?” Minho hyung ruined my hair.

“Gomawo hyung,” I smiled as I put my hair back to its normal form.

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

“What the…” Amber unni lost her words. “Are you kidding me? You’re too different from your previous group!”

“Unni calm down,” I said.

“Besides, we’re doing this for our parents and for us as well,” Rhiyou explained.

“Why take revenge?” Amber unni asked.

Rhiyou and I looked at each other and told her everything. We were in a café and in the farthest seats so no one would hear our conversation.

“So that’s what happened,” unni realized it. “I’m so sorry.”

“It’s alright unni,” Rhiyou said.

“We’re just doing our very best not to get caught,” I added.

“What are you two going to do with Taemin and Jjong?” Rhiyou and I got shocked by Amber unni’s question.

“We have no choice but to pretend that we don’t know them,” Rhiyou answered.

“What if they caught you?” unni asked again.

“We won't be,” I said.

“Don’t you love them anymore?” unni asked.

Rhiyou and I just looked at each other and didn’t give unni an answer. Perhaps it would be good not to give an answer about that question anymore.

(Rhiyou’s Point of View)

Even if we have to deny everything to them, we’ll soon be caught by them just like before when we were Café Latte. It’ll all be lies and denial this time.

“What do you want from me?” I asked as Jjong asked me to go to a restaurant for a talk.

“Let’s get back together,” Jjong said as he held my hand.

“That’s not gonna happen,” I said as I removed my hand on his hand.

“Rhiyou?” he called my name.

“Rhiyou what?!” I said as I raised my voice. “You have Shin Se Kyung already so what do you want from me?”

I said but he didn’t answer. Even though I still love you Jjong, I have to let you go and let you have your life without me.

“I still love you,” Jjong whispered.

And I love you too but you have to get on with your life without me.

“And I don’t love you anymore,” I lied as I looked into his eyes.

He was about to cry when he mentioned he loved me and I was about to be convinced by him but I tried hard not to get affected. But he already cried when I said I don’t love him anymore. I’m so sorry Jjong but I have to do this for us and for me.