Cause and Effect

X-Po2k10

 

(Rhiyou’s Point of View)

“Oh, you’re home already?” I asked Beatrice but she’s not giving me any response. “Himala! Di mo ata kasama si Kai ngayon?”

“Rhica, how many times do we need to tell you! If you’re going to speak a language which we don’t know, better not speak of it here in this dorm,” Key umma scolded me.

“Mianhae,” I said since I forgot.

“So why aren’t you with Kai today?” I repeated the question to Beatrice.

“Stop mocking me,” she glared at me. “It’s better this way.”

“What do you mean?” I asked but she went to her room instead of giving me an answer.

That’s odd of her. She’s never been like that because of a guy. While I was thinking, my phone suddenly rang.

♫C-A-F-E Latte on the floor

C-A-F-E Latte on the floor♫

As I checked it, it was my brother.

“Yeobeosaeyo?” I said as I answered his call.

“Rhiyou, is Beatrice there?” my brother asked.

“Why? Is there a problem?” I asked him.

“Well, her father asked me to contact her but her phone is off,” my brother said.

“So?” I asked.

“Can I just talk to her?” my brother asked impatiently.

I went straight to Beatrice’s room and knocked on the door. She opened it up and looked at me.

“What?” she asked in her cold tone.

“Someone wants to speak with you,” I said and hand her my phone.

She looked puzzled but she took my phone and spoke.

“Hello?” she said.

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

“Beatrice,” a familiar voice spoke. “It’s me…”

“MJ,” I murmured and closed the door when Rhiyou was gone. “What do you want?”

“I wanted to apologize about…”

“It doesn’t matter anymore,” I cut him off as I took a sigh. “I forgive you.”

“I should’ve known that she will do that to me,” MJ kept explaining.

“Don’t mind it anymore,” I said. “It’s done and I’m fine with it.”

“I want to…” he trailed off. “…make it up to you.”

“MJ…” I said since I don’t want him to bother anymore.

“When you get back here by semestral break, I’ll make it up to you,” he said.

“What do you mean by when I get back by semestral break?” I got confused.

“There are meetings here you need to attend, organize and handle,” MJ answered.

“Wait? Is that the reason why you called?” I asked. “Did my father asked me to do that?”

“Yes since you’re the supervisor here and the manager of this company and the daughter as well,” MJ replied.

“Ok,” I took a sigh.

It’ll be a hard semestral break for me.

“When you get back here, I’ll treat you something special. You can't say no since you’ll be seeing me here every day in this building,” MJ said.

“Are you…” I gulped. “…working for the company now?” I asked in a cold but shocking tone.

“You can say that,” he said and there was a little moment of silence. “I have to go since I still have work.”

“Ok, bye,” I said.

“Take care of yourself,” he said and hung up.

I opened the door and found Taemin in front of me.

“D-dinner…” Taemin stuttered. “…is served.”

“Give me a moment,” I said as I passed by him.

He held my wrist tightly but slowly letting go after.

(Taemin’s Point of View)

I don’t know what’s got into me when I held Erica's wrist. I know that she was not Beatrice but I had this feeling that it was her all along.

“What do you want now?” she asked as I let her go. “Don’t think that I’m your past girlfriend because I’m not Lee Taemin.”

“I just to know you better and be close to you,” I whispered.

“That won't happen,” she said and walked off.

Is it wrong for me to know her and be close to her? or maybe it’s just me not letting go of the past?

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

I called Athena when I got to the park since she said that she’s in the park with Minho. Where the heck are they? Athena answered her phone after I dialed her number.

“Yah! Where are you? I thought you’re at the park with Minho?” I blurted out since I hate waiting.

“I am with Minho but not at the park. I don’t know where we are,” Athena said.

“Aish! You’ll be in danger with that kind of attitude. Let me talk to him,” I said and sighed to let my temper out.

“Yeobeosaeyo,” Minho spoke.

“Minho-yah,” I said.

“Yep…” he answered.

“Where the heck are you?” I asked controlling my temper.

“At the covered court near the ice cream shop,” he replied.

“Near the ice cream shop…is it near the park?” I asked.

“Yes…almost near the park,” Minho responded.

“Ok, I’ll be there,” I said.

“Ok, see you,” he said and I hung up.

I started walking around and I saw the ice cream shop that Minho was talking about. I looked around a bit to see if there’s a covered court. Oh, ok…I found it. After some minutes, I reached the court and went inside.

“Hey guys! How’s the game?” I asked while walking towards them.

“It’s done. And I won! Woo, party with me,” Athena said while smiling.

“Did you made her win Minho?” I turned to him.

“Yah, do I look like a weakling to you? Party pooper,” she said as she put back her things.

Both Minho and I looked at each other then laughed.

“Just kidding,” I said while laughing. “Let’s eat now. Minho, are you coming with us?”

“I can't, I have to be with SHINee today,” he said. “I have to go now. See you tomorrow girls.”

He put on his bag and went out of the court. We followed him and went to my car since I brought it with me by the parking lot.

“Bea…I need your advice,” Athena said as we both entered the car.

I don’t know why she suddenly wanted my advice. For what anyway?

“What is it?” I just asked.

“Minhoaskedmetogoonadatewithhim!” she said like she was in a hurry.

“What? Slow down,” I said while driving the car.

“I…said…that Minho…asked me to go on a date with him,” she slowed down.

“Oh…and what advice do you want?” I asked as I found out.

“Uh…will I go or not?” she asked.

“Ikaw…you want to be close to him right?” I said.

“Ehh… seriously…” she said.

“Ikaw,” I said as I kept driving going to my house.

“Nice,” she said and just stopped talking.

Rehearsing with Athena was done so I got to the company’s building to check on Rhiyou.

(Rhiyou’s Point of View)

“Are you done rehearsing with your replacement?” I asked as I saw Beatrice entered the room.

“Yes I did and it’s really tiring,” she said as she took a seat at the corner of the room and placed her bag beside her.

“Well, you don’t have to quit because of,”

“Don’t even dare mention it Rhiyou!” I was cut off by Beatrice’s temper. “I don’t want to talk about that issue about me quitting ok? All I want is to finish this thing around here and get everything done!”

“Fine!” I said as I took a sigh. “I’m sorry, it’s just…I want you to stay with me.”

I took a seat beside her as she pulled out a pen and a paper from her bag.

“I know but I won't leave you even if I resigned and my replacement came,” she said.

“What’s that for?” I asked as I saw some writings, more like a poem.

“An assignment for our major class,” she responded.

“Our?” I asked curiously.

“Yup and I have a partner,” she said as she started writing something on the paper.

“Who’s your partner? Is that a poem you’ll recite together with your partner?” I asked again.

“It’s not a poem Rhiyou, it’s a song. And my partner is…” she trailed off like she didn’t want to continue at all.

“Who?” I kept asking.

“Minho,” she said shortly.

“Minho is your classmate?” I asked in disbelief.

“Yup and it’s kind of burdening me since he might know the meaning of this song,” she sighed.

As I read the song, I knew who it was already. I looked at her while she continued to write down her thoughts. She’s giving herself a hard time moving on for sure. I wanted her to be happy but I don’t know what I can do to make it happen.

“I hope it goes well,” I said and left her alone for me to rehearse.

(Minho’s Point of View)

I was still bothered about Beatrice’s reaction that day when we got the paper for our given topic.

“Hyung!” I got startled by Taemin’s voice.

“What?” I quickly responded.

“What’s wrong with you? I’ve been calling you like a hundred times,” he said as he looked angry.

“Mian,” I said as I looked at him. “I’m just preoccupied.”

“Preoccupied?” he repeated. “By what?”

“I’ll just call her,” I said as I thought out loud.

“Call who?” Taemin asked.

I didn’t mind Taemin and dialed Beatrice’s number. It was ringing for long and I don’t know if she’s gonna pick it up.

“Yeobeosaeyo?” finally, she picked it up.

“Bea-yah,” I said.

“Waeyo?” she asked.

“Can you come here to the SMent? I need to talk to you about something,” I said in a pleasing manner.

“Well, I’m here right now in X-Po2k10’s rehearsal room,” she replied.

“Can we meet?” I asked.

“Yeah, sure,” she said and hung up.

(Taemin’s Point of View)

What did Minho hyung meant by “calling her”? I’ve been curious but he called someone.

“Bea-yah,” Minho hyung said.

So it’s Beatrice he was worrying about. It was Beatrice…

“Is that…” I trailed off as hyung turned off the call. “…Beatrice?”

“Nae,” hyung lowered his voice.

“So kept meeting each other?” I asked as I was getting sad.

“Nae because she’s my classmate Taemin-ah,” he put his hand on my shoulder and I looked at him. “And my partner in our major class.”

He was about to leave when I held his arm.

“Can I come with you?” I asked as I lowered my gaze and was about to blow up inside.

“Nae,” hyung said and wiped my tears away and smiled.