Limitations

X-Po2k10

 

(Rhiyou’s Point of View)

“You’re pale,” I said as I turned around and saw Beatrice came in the rehearsal room.

“I’m fine,” she said but I don’t know since she’s been like that for few days.

“Well, you don’t look fine to me,” I gave her a worried look and went towards her.

“Let’s just rehearse for an hour and I’ll…”

“Beatrice!” I heard Rhiyou shouted.

She passed out and I don’t even know what to do.

“Why did you push your limits? You know you can't be like this all day,” I said since I don’t know what to do.

“Wake up! Wake up!” I said panicking. “Please, wake up.”

(Third Person’s Point of View)

“What happened?” Jonghyun asked as he peeked by the room.

“What happened to her?” Key asked as he entered the room.

“Help me, please. She passed out a few seconds ago. Let’s take her to my car. I’ll drive her home,” Rhica said panicking.

“I’ll carry her,” Minho said and put Erica's arms around his neck and started carrying her.

Rhica was panicking. She got out of their rehearsal room and didn’t pick up their bags.

“LMBM and RKEM,” Taemin thought as he saw the initials carved from their front bags.

Onew picked up their bags and brought them to Rhica’s car. Taemin was thinking hard who they really were. He became confused since he knew that their names were Rhica and Erica.

“Should I take off her mask so she could lay her head comfortably?” Minho asked.

“No!” Rhica said before Minho could take her mask off. “Just leave it like that.”

“Here are your bags,” Onew shouted while running.

He put it in the front seat. Rhica hopped in to her car and started the engine.

“Thanks,” she smiled and drove off.

The other SHINee members were also smiling. Key looked around like someone’s missing.

“Where’s Taemin?” Key asked.

“He’s in the X–Po2k10’s room, why?” Onew said.

“What is he doing there?” Minho asked and they went to where Taemin was.

As they arrived, they found Taemin sitting at the corner of the room.

“Why are you there?” Jonghyun asked.

“N-nothing,” Taemin stuttered and got up from where he was sitting.

“You found something didn’t you?” Key asked and he nodded.

“What is it?” Minho asked.

“I just found an initials carved on Erica and Rhica’s bags,” Taemin said.

“What kind of initials?” Onew asked.

“LMBM and RKEM,” Taemin answered.

“LMBM,” Key said.

“RKEM,” Jonghyun said.

“Sounds familiar,” Minho said.

“Oppa!” Sulli’s voice was heard around the room.

She was at the door and ran towards Taemin then hugged him. She was happy while the other members were looking problematic about the evidence that Taemin saw from their bags. Sulli was pulling Taemin already out of the room while the others were staying. Would they found who really the X–Po2k10 was?

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

I saw Minho outside the room and he’s leaning his back on the wall. I tapped him and he suddenly opened his eyes to look at me.

“You’re here!” Minho seemed surprised to see me. “How are you feeling?”

Right! I passed out yesterday. I almost forgot and they saw it.

FLASHBACK (Beatrice’s Point of View)

“Thank God you’re awake already!” Rhiyou seemed nervous and worried.

“Where am I?” I asked as I looked around.

“You’re in the SHINee’s dorm,” Rhiyou said.

“H-how did I get here?” I asked as I looked at her surprisingly.

“You passed out,” Rhiyou said.

“I have to go,” I said as I looked for my bag and went out of the bed.

“Don’t go to the company for a while,” Rhiyou said and looked at her.

She wasn’t looking at me and she was still looking on the bed.

“You know I can't…”

“I can't risk anymore of your time,” she cut me off and looked at me. “Take a rest. I can handle it.”

She smiled at me as she stood up and held my shoulders.

“I can't,” I said. “You know I can't do that.”

“But you have to,” she said wanting to cry already. “You can't give yourself to others too much Bea. You have to give something for yourself as well.”

“I know but…”

“Your duty is to yourself first. Not to others,” she cut me off for the second time.

“Alright,” I sighed. “I’ll take an off for three days.”

I slung my bag to my shoulders and looked at her before opening the door and leave.

“I’ll be back after that,” I said and never looked back as I closed the door behind me.

END OF FLASHBACK

“I’m ok now,” I smiled.

“Why didn’t you buy rose?” Minho asked.

“Of all the flowers, she hated the rose so I bought this. I don’t know her favorite actually,” I said and he nodded.

I gave the sunflower to Minho and he put it in his bag.

“Am I looking fine?” Minho asked and I nodded.

“Don’t tell her anything ok?” I asked a favor and he nodded.

I signaled him to go inside already.

I was left alone outside, still thinking of things that I shouldn’t think. I closed my eyes and started to think every memory that I had with Taemin. Everything I had with him was beautiful. There’s no bad memories with him, but the happy ending I thought we’re gonna have suddenly crashed in front of me. I slowly opened my eyes and went in to the music room.

“Hey, Beatrice,” Athena said as I got closer to them.

“Can we practice for later?” I asked and she nodded.

She moved to one of the desk and started to write randomly. I played the piano slowly and Minho suddenly sang. It’s for Athena actually. I planned it for her. Thirty minutes after, our classmates started to get inside of the room and it’s getting crowded already. I can hear what they were saying. Some of them were afraid, some of them wanted to back out already because they don’t want to be embarrassed in front of Minho. I suddenly got a weird feeling inside my chest. I think that it’s gonna blow up any minute. Is it because of him? My heart pounded even faster when I think of him. I still love him. I really do… Our professor came and started checking the attendance.

“Ms. Cunningham,” she said and Athena raised her hand then put it down quickly.

“Yah, are you ok?” I heard Minho’s voice.

I think he’s approaching Athena to make her feel better.

“Don’t be nervous,” Minho said.

When my name was called, I raised my hand but not too high. I put it down and started to write something.

“So we’ll have a draw lots to determine who will perform first. Here is – oh, Ms. Kang, thank you for coming,” she said and we all looked at the door and saw Minjung walking slowly like she’s not late at all.

“Because of your tardiness, Ms. Kang, you can perform first with your partner, is that ok?” Minjung nodded and stood up.

She grabbed Athena and pulled her.

“Let’s go,” Minjung said.

Athena quickly sat in front of the piano and fixed her music sheet while Minjung was the one saying the introduction. I smiled when Athena looked at me and Minho. I even saw Minho mouthed to Athena the word “fighting” with a hand gesture.

“We’ll start now,” Minjung said and nodded at Athena.

Athena started playing and she even closed her eyes to feel the music. She sang her parts and it was nice. She even cried during the performance. When the song was done, she opened her eyes and we all clapped then they bowed.

“I’m not wrong for suggesting you for the musical. You’re really good,” our professor said.

“Kamsahamnida,” Athena said and bowed.

“So who have some comments” our professor said then a guy raised a hand.

“As our instructor said, the song is great actually. And your voices are great but I feel the emotion more from Athena than you, Minjung. I like how the emotions were out. And it’s good,” he said.

“Some more?” our instructor said and no one was raising their hands. “Thank you girls. Now who’s next?”

The other performances were also good and some of them got positive comments while others didn’t. Minho and I were the last to perform and it was almost time for the bell to ring. We went in front and Minho introduced our theme.

“Good day guys. Uhm… we will perform a song about Betrayal. This was composed by Beatrice McGowell. Please enjoy,” Minho said then he sat in front of the piano then started playing.

Our song started on a mellow tone and our voices blended even though we didn’t practice it together. While I was singing my part, I’m feeling the hurt from every word that came out from my mouth while singing it. I feel like crying already but I’m trying so hard to suppress it. As we’re done singing, the bell suddenly rang and I ran away from the room first.

Why does it have to happen? Why do I still think of him? He’s with another girl and I can't do anything about it anymore. I’m weak. I want to forget him but I can't. It all flashed back to my mind and how I got hurt because of him. I was already sobbing but I kept taking a deep breath then exhaled it because I don’t want to cry.

I didn’t care who I bumped to when I was running. I didn’t care for I wanted to run away so hard. I couldn’t stop myself because that’s all I know. I still love him and can't forget him!

I kept hitting the floor too hard and my hand is getting blisters already. I heard the door opened but I continued to hit the floor. Then I felt a hand held my wrist preventing me to hit the floor. I started sobbing again and the guy hugged me.

“Just let it out,” he said.

It was Minho. I eventually started crying and I couldn’t stop so I hit Minho’s chest.

“Why does he have to do it? Why does he have to be on my mind again?” I shouted and continued to cry then hit Minho’s chest.

“Just cry. Don’t let yourself be hurt,” he said trying to calm me down.

“Taemin is such…” I said and cried.

I didn’t continue saying the word s because I might end up saying that I STILL LOVE HIM. But I really do love him and my love for him is still fresh like the first time we’ve been together. As I was done crying, I sat in front of Minho and he was kneeling in front of me.

“Mianhada…” I said as I wiped the tears off from my face but some are kept falling from my eyes.

“It’s alright…everything can be still fixed Beatrice,” Minho told me.

“I know that. But I’ve given him up already,” I said in a low tone of voice while tears kept falling from my eyes.

I saw dongsaeng entered the rooftop and I quickly wiped my tears away again.

“Unni, gwenchanayo?” she asked then gave me a small smile.

She gave me my bag and return Minho’s phone. Minho put his phone inside his pocket.

“Yeah…” I said and gave her a small smile too but I think my eyes are already sore since I cried too much.

“Are you sure?” Minho asked and I gave her a reassuring smile and nodded.

“Gomawo. You could go to your date now,” I said.

“About that…” Minho and I looked up to her. “I-I don’t think I could go anymore. Mianhae Minho,” Athena said.

“Why? Don’t worry about me,” I said.

“I can't enjoy the date knowing that you’re in this situation, unni. Maybe I could forget about you for a while but I’ll just open the topic and it will surely give me a heavy feeling,” Athena said.

“I said I’m fine now. Don’t worry,” I tried to cheer her up and so as myself.

Minho stood beside Athena and held her shoulders. She looked up to him with a worried expression.

“Yeah Athena’s right, Beatrice. We can't enjoy it knowing you’re like that,” Minho offered me his hand to help me stand up.

I gladly accept it and stood up.

“Let’s go. I’ll bring you two, home,” he said.

“I have my car with me. Just take care of Athena,” I said.