Hidden Details

X-Po2k10

 

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

I retired to bed at nearly three in the morning. I still feel tired due to crying and thinking. I don’t want to do anything but I have to get up for the audition for the musical in school today. I hate to admit but I hate it! Musical is not my thing actually and I have to make them believe that I have stage fright in performing in front of a crowded people. ♫Wishing on a star…♫ my phone suddenly rang. As I looked, I saw Athena’s name on the screen. Why is she calling this time?

“Unni! What time is the audition?” dongsaeng asked as I answered her phone call.

“One pm. Waeyo?” I asked.

“I forgot about it. Shizz. And Minho’s here,” she had the panicking tone.

“Oh. Ok. I’ll see you at school. Bye,” I said and hung up the call.

Why is Minho there in her house anyway? Oh well, he might be taking care of her. Sweet guy… Hhhhmmm…don’t know what to do… As I went downstairs, I saw Rhiyou sitting on the couch.

“What are you doing here?” I asked as I met her.

“What happened to you?” she asked.

“I’m good, why?” I asked.

“I heard Minho and Taemin talking last time and…” she seemed discouraged to continue.

“And?” I asked.

“And they were talking about you,” she looked at me and I’m seemed surprised about that.

“Talking about me?” I laughed off. “Why would they talk about me?”

“Beatrice, why did you cry?” she asked.

“What?” I shocked about what she asked. “Cried about what?”

“Cried because of Taemin?” she said.

“What are you talking about? I asked since I was confused. “I didn’t…”

“Don’t lie to me!” Rhiyou seemed displeased by my answer. “Minho told Taemin that you cried after your performance in major. He told everything and Taemin mentioned someone you knew. Her name is Athena.”

Athena? Why would Athena be on this? What did she do?

“She called Taemin while you were crying,” Rhiyou revealed.

“I-I don’t know anything about that,” I said.

“Didn’t she tell you?” I shook my head and felt confused.

I looked at the time and I needed to prepare.

“I have to prepare,” I said to her. “I have to go for the audition in our school for musical.”

“I want you to go to the company after that and let’s talk about it,” Rhiyou said and left before I could say anything.

As I reached the school and went to the audition area, I looked for Athena and Minho.

“It’s Minho OPPA! KYAAAA~” fan girls screamed and looked at where it came from.

I walked towards there and I saw the director and there’s Athena and Minho.

“Let’s find Beatrice,” I heard Minho said it and I was already near them.

“No need. I found you,” I said as I reached them and Athena looked at me.

“Unni!” she quickly hugged me and I was startled.

“Whoah. Do I left you for years?” I said as I got surprised.

“Ani! it’s just…” Athena didn’t continue what she was saying because she looked somewhere.

I looked from where she saw looking and saw our instructor signaling us to go in front.

“Let’s go to your instructor,” Minho said and we walked.

“Good afternoon people! It’s time for the auditions. Now, Mr. Choi and Ms. Cunningham, please enter the theatre. The others will wait here for their names to be called, arajji?” the instructor said.

“Sir why will I be with you?” Athena asked.

“The music head requested to let you audition first because they want to see you if you really have the skills to be recommended by your music instructor,” he answered.

Athena went on stage and stand on the piano.

“Annyeong haseyo. I’m Athena Cunningham,” she bowed her head and looked at the panel.

“So what are you going to do?” the director asked.

“I’m going to sing Stuttering by Fefe Dobson accompanied by the piano that I will play myself and the guitar and drums background music of the song,” she answered.

“Please start,” the director said.

She breathed deeply and signaled to start the music and then she started playing the intro music. As she was done singing and playing the song, she stood up and bowed her head. The audience applauded to her performance. I was next from that moment. I went to the stage as Athena went down and went to her seat.

“What will you do?” the director asked.

“I’m going to sing,” I said and signaled to start the background music.

I sang the song, I Still Believe by Hayden Panettiere. I sang it coldly since I really don’t want to be in this musical. After singing the song, I went down from where I was standing after bowing my head.

            From: Dongsaeng

            Message: Unni, where are you going?

I replied from her message immediately since I really have to hurry.

            From: Beatrice

            Message: I have to go. Something came up.

How Athena knew that it has something to do with Taemin? I never told her and she didn’t know anything since I didn’t tell her anything about us?

“Let’s continue the talk,” I told her.

“Let’s skip that one for a while,” she walked away from me and turned to face me. “Kai is looking for you.”

I couldn’t say anything to her.

“Asking me every day where’s Erica noona,” she kept on going. “I wish I knew he knew who she really is but I couldn’t tell him who you really are to him.”

“I’ll talk to him,” I said and faced her.

“Should I call him now?” Rhiyou came near me. “For a talk?”

“I’ll send him a message now,” I said and picked up my phone. “Leave this room for a while.”

I said after sending the message. Rhiyou did what I said. After she left, I went to the shower room and took a bath. Then I changed my clothes and wore my mask. When I got back to our rehearsal room, Jong In was there already.

“Noona!” he was happy to see me and went towards me to hug me.

“I can't be with you anymore,” I said while he’s still hugging me.

“What do you mean?” he asked as he stopped from hugging me and looked at me.

“You have to stop from liking me and loving me,” I told him as I cupped his left cheek.

“Noona,” he was shaking his head as a sign of disagreement.

“You have to!” I told him in a cold tone. “I don’t feel anything for you and I never did feel anything for you.”

His tears were starting to form from his eyes and drop by drop it passed by his face.

“Noona, don’t do this to me!” Jong In pleaded  as he hugged me.

“But I have too,” I said as I cut the hug. “I can't take it whenever I see the man I love in you. It keeps hurting me.”

“Keunde noona…”

“Leave,” I cut him off from talking before I let my tears out of my eyes.

“Noona…” Jong In was shocked.

“Just leave!” I shouted and then he left.

I lost my balance and ended up kneeling on the floor and started crying. I know that I should’ve done that in the first place and never let him in to my heart. It may have hurt me but it’s hurting me more whenever I see Taemin in his presence.

(Jonghyun’s Point of View)

“So what are we gonna do today?” I asked my member since we’re all getting bored.

“Where’s Taemin?” Minho asked.

“He left this morning since he has an appointment with someone,” Key answered.

“And who would that be?” Onew hyung asked.

“Maybe it’s a friend of his,” I cut the talkies. “Since we’re all bored, what should we do?”

All of us think of something and then took a sigh.

“No one’s got an idea I guess,” I said.

“What do we always do whenever we’re bored?” Minho asked and smiled.

“Go to Beatrice’s house,” Key answered.

“And watch some movies!” Onew hyung said cheerfully.

“That’s great! Then I’ll call Bea for a visit!” I said happily.

“And I’ll call Taemin to inform him,” Key said.

“I’m leaving!” Rhiyou shouted as she went out of her bedroom.

“Where are you going?” I asked as I left the living room.

“Somewhere?” Rhiyou said. “Why do you care?”

“Because I’m your…” I then lowered my voice. “…boyfriend!”

“Since when did that happen?” she put her hands on her waist for complaining.

“Since the day that you and I became fair and square,” I told her and she took a sigh.

“I’m going to a friend’s house and I’ll spend a night there,” she said.

“Who’s that friend?” I asked.

“Hyungsik oppa?” she said.

“Mwo?” I got shocked. “Not in the Ze:A’s house…”

“Stop complaining!” she told me. “I’ll be safe I promise.”

She then kissed me and left.

“Annyeong,” I said as I close the door.

(Athena’s Point of View)

 “Hey, Athena. Ready for the polishing?” she said and I nodded then we went to the practice room.

Time check: 8:00pm. Ugh. So tired. After polishing, we started a new dance. It is called Vogue. Hell, I now know why it is called vogue. It’s so eew. I was drinking water when she got a call from the butler. She even put him in the loudspeaker.

“Ma’am. SHINee is here,” he said.

I almost chocked my water. What the fudge are they doing here at this time?! Beatrice looked at me with an amused face. I am thinking if Taemin is here. Maybe not. Or…

“I’ll be there,” she hang up and then she went beside me. “Fix yourself now in your room’s bathroom then go down, okay? I’ll be entertaining them so I’ll be going now,”

She said then went out. I went at her bathroom and took a bath.

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

I went down stairs and saw the SHINee by the living room.

“Hey,” Jonghyun oppa and Key umma greeted in cue.

“Hey,” I smiled.

“So how’s going?” Onew oppa asked.

“It’s…kinda fine…” I said covering everything.

“Don’t you think that someone’s missing?” Minho asked while looking at me.

“Aahhh…Nope why?” I asked trying not to feel anything.

“Are you sure?” Jonghyun oppa got shocked by my answer.

“Why? Should I expect for him?” I said and got the videos out from the disk organizer.

“Looks like she’s not looking for him,” Key umma said.

“Yah, umma! Why would I look for someone I don’t even miss?” I said in a cold tone of voice.

“You may not miss him but you love him,” Onew oppa said.

(Athena’s Point of View)

“Hey. Come over here,” she said.

I feel like she was calling a dog or something. I walked towards them with my head hung low and my hair covering my face.

“Why are you walking like that? You are obviously not scaring us,” she said.

I stopped then swept my hair up to remove the hair from my face. I looked at Minho and he looked surprised then he changed his expression with a nice smile. Ugh! Remove that smile.

“Annyeong,” I do my little wave and looked around.

There are no available seats left and Taemin is not here. It is just the long couch that Minho’s sitting on. No choice. I have to sit there beside him. When I sit, I started asking him questions.

“Why are you here by this time?” I asked.

“We’re bored at the dorm so we went here for a movie watching!” Key answered.

Then the others cheered. I just smiled. Wow. It feels great to have more than two friends.

“You better pick some movies while I fixed some snacks. What drinks do you want?” Beatrice asked.

“We’ll have juice,” Onew said and the others agreed with it.

“I want some coffee, unni.” I said.

“You better not drink coffee when you are having a movie marathon with them,” she said.

“Waeyo?” I asked.

But she just walked out. Nice answer, unni!

While the others picked the movies, Minho and I just sat there doing nothing. Then he held my hand and played with my fingers. Awiee. :))

“What are you doing here? You have school tomorrow,” I asked.

“I was going to ask the same question,” he said.

We both smiled.

“We’re doing something important, so I’m here.” I said and he nodded.

“As Key said, we’re bored. And I want to see you,” he said.

Then we both became quiet because we have nothing to talk about! I can’t think. He just played with my fingers. Intertwining it with his hand then loses it then doing it again. I’m just looking at our hands also. It feels great to have this guy. You can just share some quiet time but at the same time you’re curious on what he is thinking.

“So… what did you and Tae—“ he was cut off when a flying pillow hit his face.

I looked who did it and it was Jonghyun.

“Stop being lovebirds and help us with picking the movie,” he said.

“Anything is fine, really.” I said while smiling.

“You sure?” Onew asked and I nodded.

Then they go back with their business.

“About my question, what did—“he was cut off again because Beatrice came.

The boys picked the movies they want to watch. She gave me a glass of milk.

“Milk? Waeyo?” I asked.

“To help you relax for later. See this? This is why I don’t want you to drink coffee,” she showed me the cover of the movie and it is a horror movie.

Fudgee. Thank you, Unni.

“G-gomawo, unni. Minho, I’ll say it tomorrow,” I gulped down the milk and put the glass in the table.

I don’t think I can do anything for later. The movie started and the boys are hooked with the movie except Key who is starting to hide behind a pillow. Bea is not scared. While me, I’m closing my eyes when the scary sounds started to play. Fudgeeeeeeee. Maybe Minho noticed it so he put his arm over my shoulder and moved close to me. All this time, I hid my face on his body and started to fell asleep.

(Minho’s Point of View)

I can feel that Athena is really scared with the movie. So I moved her closer to me so she can completely avoid watching. She really hid her face. But after few minutes, I feel that she isn’t moving and felt a heavy breathing. I peeked and saw that she was already sleeping. She looks peaceful. I tapped Beatrice and whispered something.

“Athena is sleeping. Can I bring her to her bed?” she nodded and stood up.

I fixed her before standing up. Then I brought her. She’s not heavy actually. She just looks heavy. I think this is one of her guestrooms. Beatrice the lights and removed the things that are on the bed before I lay her down. After laying her down, I can’t stop looking at her sleeping face. She looks innocent. I slowly moved my face closer to her ears.

“Saranghaeyo, princess. Sleep well,” then I kissed her forehead. I stood up and went to the door. I forgot that Beatrice is still there. I blushed… a little.

“You like her, don’t you?” she asked with a smile but it’s like it has an inside message.

I just blushed and scratched the back of my neck.

“So tell me, what did Athena tell Taemin after the performance?” Beatrice asked as she closed the door. “I know you know Minho. Because Athena can tell you anything.”

“I don’t know what she told him that day,” I said honestly. “She just borrowed my phone and said that she wanted to call Taemin. That’ all I knew but she met him this morning.”

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

Athena might have an idea about me and Taemin by now. I can't stop her from finding out the truth.

“Did you tell her something about me and him?” I asked.

“I wouldn’t tell if she didn’t ask about it,” Minho said.

“So you did tell her?” he nodded.

“Because she asked about it,” he said.

“When did it start?” I asked.

“The day that she saw Taemin being quiet. At the park when we’re jogging together with them,” he explained.

I didn’t ask any more since Minho gave me all the things I needed to know. The boys were already sleeping and I’m not since I was still bothered about everything. Soon, Athena will ask me why I hid it from her.