Close Enough But Still Far

X-Po2k10

 

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

“Hey! What are you doing here?” she asked as she opened the door and saw me.

I went to her place but I don’t even know why.

“I have a feeling that you’re here so I went here,” I said making an excuse.

“Come in, I want you to meet kuya,” she said as we walked in to her living room.

“Kuya Mac, this is Beatrice and Beatrice this is Kuya Mac,” she introduced her brother as she patted his head.

We shook hands and the doorbell rang again. Athena left us alone but her brother and I didn’t talk about anything.

“Uncle’s here!” Athena shouted.

“I have to go. Nice to meet you, take care of her, ok?” he went out of the living room and Athena got to the living room again.

“Why are you here again?” she asked again.

“Go get change, we’ll rehearse here for a while,” I said in a calm tone.

Morning came and it was time for school. I didn’t feel walking so I drove my car going to school. I then walked going to the building.

“Bea…aaahhh…” I heard Athena’s voice so I turned around.

Clumsy girl, why does she have to run like that? I went to her and lend her a hand for her to get up.

“Babo! Why did you run?” I asked her after she got up.

“I just want to…”

“Aish…” I cut her off and we went to the room.

I fell asleep during our class and it’s College Algebra. I’m really tired with all the rehearsal last night.

“Beatrice, wake up. Let’s eat,” Athena said as she poked my cheeks. “Bea…”

I woke up with blood shot eyes. I think my head will gonna hurt. The class ended already.

“Just call Minho,” I said to her then bowed my head again.

“But…I’m…I’ll…DISTURB…BEATRICE! What are you doing with my phone?!” she exclaimed.

I got her phone and dialed Minho’s number. I don’t like noisy people and I hope she knew that.

“Yeobeosaeyo, Minho-yah,” I said as he picked up the phone.

“Waeyo Beatrice?” he asked.

“Can you bring Athena to lunch? I need to sleep,” I said to him.

“Arasso, I’ll be there,” he said.

“Ok, ok…thanks, bye,” I said and hung up and I slept again.

“Aigoo, Beatrice! You’re going to give me a problem,” I heard Athena say the words.

I fell asleep quickly. I heard Minho an Athena talking but I didn’t hear it clearly since I want to have a peaceful sleep.

I went home to the dorm after our last class. I slept early since I don’t have the energy to rehearse. The next day, I went to my advance class my professor shifted my schedule.

            To: Beatrice

            Message: Come to the building, our comeback performance is up already.

Rhiyou messaged me and I read it when I was in the room already.

“Do you have any schedule Ms. McGowell?” Ms. Anatolle, my professor asked.

“Ne,” I said.

“I heard that you’re looking for a manager,” she said.

“Do you want to apply Ms. Anatolle?” I asked her straight.

She was having doubts in answering the question.

“If you come to the SMent today, then you’re accepting the offer for being the manager of X-Po2k10,” I said and slung my bag.

“I’m accepting it,” she said when I turned my back and walked a few steps away going out of the room.

I smiled and got a paper from my bag.

“Here are the schedules,” I told her. “I am the busy one since I’ve been studying while my friend doesn’t. I found my replacement and all I need to do is train her so I can leave.”

“You’re leaving the company?” she got shocked. “Why?”

“Priorities came first for me,” I said. “Being part of the group came last for me.”

“Then who’ll be your replacement?” she asked.

“You’ll meet her soon,” I said and bowed my head.

“Are you ready?” Rhiyou asked as she saw me at the door.

I just arrived and changed my clothes.

“Ne,” I answered.

We went down and went inside the van. We had a concert at Incheon. It took hours and I didn’t really get some rest but I made my performance better.

♫Oohhh…I wanna see your face my girl…♫(Big Bang - A Fool’s Only Tears)

It was Athena who was calling me and our performance was about to start in two minutes.

“Hello?” I said as I answered the call.

“Bea! Where are you?” Athena asked with a panicking tone.

“I’m with X–Po2k10. Why?” I asked her.

“Minho needs to talk to you,” she said.

“But I’ll be back at lunch,” I replied.

“What do I have to do? He wanted me to be with him and wait for youuuu,” she responded.

“Say anything…just don’t tell him about this ok? I need to go,” I said since the MC called us already.

As our performance ended, I talked to Rhiyou at the dressing room before she went to the van.

“Kailagan ko ng umalis, may importante pa akong pupuntahan,” I told her.

“Ok…take care,” she said and hopped in to the van.

I changed my clothes at school and looked for Athena and Minho.

“They’re not even here,” I murmured.

I called Athena and her phone was only ringing. After few seconds, she picked it up.

“Yeobeosaeyo, asan ka?” she asked before I could even speak first.

“I’m here at school, where are you two? I’ll be going there?” I said.

“Dito sa Café near the school. Palli!” she said as if she’s the boss.

“Ok, I’ll be there now,” I said.

“Ok, ok…see you,” she replied.

“Ok, bye,” I responded.

“Ne, annyeong,” she said and I hung up.

I walked going to the Café near the school. As I looked up, I saw both of them sitting far from the other costumers. I suddenly remembered that this was the café where I saw Sulli and Taemin kissing.

I tapped Athena’s back and looked at me. Minho also looked and I sat beside Athena.

“Mianhae, guys. I did an errand for my mom and it took so long to finish,” I lied.

“It’s fine,” Minho and Athena said on cue.

“So, what do you want to take about?” I asked Minho.

Athena was listening to her song while Minho and I talk.

“Taemin found the message he sent you that day,” Minho started.

“What about it?” I asked.

“Amber looked at it and I think she saw something on it,” Minho explained.

“Why are you telling me this?” I asked him.

“Because I want you to let Taemin explain Bea,” he blurted out.

“What’s done is done Minho,” I told him.

“Maybe for you but for him, it isn’t,” Minho said.

“Minho, please can we drop that. I’m so tired of discussing the issue about me and Taemin the whole time! There won't be US anymore! HE’S WITH SULLI. No matter what you do, that doesn’t change anything! Can you even take him away from her? No one could! Sulli won't let him go! I’m fine,” I blurted out in a low voice but I already lost my temper.

“He still loves you,” Minho confessed.

“That doesn’t change anything,” I laughed.

“Based from your story and his story, I knew that it wasn’t Taemin who sent the message to you,” he said.

I know because it was Sulli who did it…

“It doesn’t matter anymore for me,” I sighed.

I tapped Athena and she looked at me.

“What?” she asked.

“We’re done,” I said to her.

She mouthed “Oh” and looked at Minho.

“I’ll be going now,” Minho said.

“Don’t you want to eat lunch?” Athena asked.

“Aniyo, I’ll be with SHINee today,” he said.

We all stood up and got out of the Café. Minho took a different way going to his car while I and Athena went to my car going to my house to rehearse.

Major class came and our instructor gave us partners to work with and I was partnered with Minho.

“Be with your partner and write a song about the theme that you will pick in the bowl,” our instructor said.

Our instructor went around and some of our classmates have picked their papers with the given topics. We were the last one to pick and Minho was the one to get the paper with the given topic.

“Did all the groups pick already?” our instructor asked.

“Ne,” they all said.

“Open the paper, NOW,” she commanded.

We simultaneously opened the paper. I was the one to open it since Minho gave it me.

“What’s our theme?” Minho asked me and I slowly gave him the crumbled paper.

Of all the topic, why did it come to us.

“Do you want me to do it alone?” he asked me. “Yah…gwenchana?”

“Beatrice ah, gwenchana?” he repeated again.

“N–ne…” I stuttered.

“Do you want me to do it?” he asked me.

“Ani…I’ll make it. Just correct them when I’m finished,” I tried to smile but I couldn’t.

The theme that I didn’t expect was connected to me. I don’t know why but all I think was him.

The bell rang and I put my things on my bag then closed it. I slung my bag on my shoulder.

“Yah…let’s go,” I said in a calm state yet lifeless.

We went out of the room and looked at Athena.

“I’ll see you in an hour Athena. See you Minho,” I said and went to my advance class.

Kai and I didn’t talk too much to each other unlike before. Maybe I’ve been avoiding him since I realized that I still love the guy who looked like him.