You And I

X-Po2k10

 

(Minho’s Point of View)

“What is it hyung?” Taemin asked.

“Nothing,” I lied.

“What is it?” Key hyung asked me as he came closer to me.

“Beatrice is leaving after her college years,” I told him in a low voice.

“Mwo?!” Key hyung got shocked by what I’ve said.

“Why are you shocked?” Jonghyun hyung asked.

“Let’s talk about this later,” Key hyung said and I nodded.

“I’ll go to the studio room for a moment,” I said.

“Let me go with you hyung,” Taemin said.

“Ara,” I said and he stood up from where he was sitting.

We arrived at the studio room and I sat by the piano. I placed the piano sheet in front of me and looked at it.

“What’s that hyung?” Taemin asked.

“It’s an assignment for our major class,” I said.

“Who made the song?” he looked at the piano sheet.

“She did,” I replied.

He took it and scanned the paper. He looked sad as he saw the song.

“It’s a hurtful song. Very sad but there’s still love,” he looked at me and placed the paper in front of me again.

“I know. I have to play it to know what will be the things that can be arranged,” I told him.

He sat beside me and listened to the song. As I started playing it, I felt the hurt and the sorrow from the song. What the…is this for him? Is this for Taemin? As I looked at Taemin, tears fell from his cheeks.

“Taemin ah,” I said as I saw him crying.

“Mianhae hyung…it’s just…the song,” he said and started sobbing again.

He felt her agony too. They still love each other and yet no one from them would initiate to talk to one another. Both of them were hurt but I can assure that they want to have each other once more.

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

 “I have an announcement,” our theatre professor said. “This year, we’ll have a musical for our anniversary and you, people, are all required to audition.”

I just sighed after hearing his announcement. Musical is not my thing anyway and I don’t like to participate in it. I was still thinking about Friday. How would I do it in our major? I think, I’ll cry in no time. That song can make me cry every day.

I saw a guy sitting beside me. I smiled at him and he smiled back. Suddenly I remembered something.

“Hey…Can you go to the other seat? That seat is actually taken,” I said and gave him a warm smile.

“A–arasso,” he moved quickly and sat at my back.

“Gomawoyo,” I said and looked at him nicely.

“This will be on Saturday. Those people who will not pass will be part of the back stage staff and by the way, we have a lead actor and he’ll be with our class temporarily so he’ll know who will be with him in the musical. He is Choi Minho,” he said and Minho entered.

Girls started screaming and Athena got up from her seat and faced the girls from her back.

“Yah! Can you squeal quietly or mentally?! My eardrums are gonna explode!” she shouted unexpectedly and the class became quiet.

“Are you an anti–fan of SHINee?” one of the girls asked.

“M–mwo? Me? A–ani…”

“Don’t try to explain. I knew it that you’re a hater,” one of the girls cut her off.

“Ms. Cunningham, please sit down and thank you for controlling the noise of everyone,” our professor said.

She sat down and looked at her right. She saw an empty chair and I was actually beside the empty chair then she smiled at me.

“What did you do?” she asked quietly.

I just smiled and shrugged. Of course I used my beauty and my killer smile to make the guy beside me move to my back…haha…

“Mr. Choi, please sit in between of Ms. Cunningham and Ms. McGowell. Don’t be noisy,” he said. “Ms. Cunningham.”

Athena immediately stood up and faced him.

“The record says that you’ll be automatically part of the Music Department. But still, you have to audition, arasso?” our professor said.

“Arasso,” she answered.

Minho gave me a piece of paper and pointed that it came from Athena. I simply opened it and read what she wrote.

“Can't we rehearse today? I need to do something, VERY IMPORTANT,” I sighed and replied from her message.

“Let’s talk about it later, ok?” I wrote and passed the paper to Minho again.

The bell rang after our professor discussed the musical thing. While I was gathering my things, Athena went to where I was.

“Unni…please?” she pleaded.

“Why do you have to go all of a sudden?” I asked her.

“Kailangan ko ng damit,” she said.

“For what?” I asked her.

She gave me a meaningful look and I suddenly got it.

“I’ll go with you,” I said and looked at Minho since he was awake already. “We have to get going now, Minho.”

He suddenly stood up and went to Athena’s side.

“I’ll come with you up to the parking lot. I’ll go home now,” he said.

“Don’t you have any schedules?” Athena asked.

“Ani, let’s go,” he said.

We got into the car and I started the engine.

“What’s up with you going all of a sudden with me?” Athena asked.

“I want to help you pick up a nice dress and some accessories so you’ll look nice on Friday,” I said as I started driving.

“You’re the best!” she said and laughed.

We arrived at the mall and went to a dress shop. I searched for some dresses and picked them up. Athena was at my back and as we reached the front of the dressing room, I handed her the clothes. She looked at my choices and it seems like she doesn’t like it.

“B-Bea…I’m not gonna…”

“You’ll wear it,” I cut her off.

I picked ten dresses and dragged her to the dressing room. She would wear one then get out for me to see how she looked like. Some of them didn’t look good on her. While she was fitting some dresses, I kept on thinking about what could possibly happen on Friday.

“Bea…” she called and I turned around to look at the dress.

Not bad at all. I find her pretty on that dress.

“That’s it,” she smiled and I smiled also.

After she changed her clothes, she wore the uniform. We looked for some accessories and shoes for her dress. She bought another dress from my choice and I don’t know why but she just did.

After shopping we went to my house for rehearsal again.

(Jonghyun’s Point of View)

I wanted to call Rhiyou but I don’t know what to say since it’s been so long and I still love her.

“What are you thinking?” Key interrupted my thoughts.

“Nothing,” I answered in dismay.

“That seems nothing,” Key looked at me intently. “You’re lying Jjong.”

“Ok, I just want to talk to Rhiyou but I don’t know how because she might shut me off,” I told Key.

“Have you tried?” Key asked.

“No but…”

“You should try first before concluding anything,” Key cut me off from talking.

Key got a point there. Maybe I should try. I mean there’s nothing wrong or will be gone when I try it first. I picked up my phone and looked for Rhiyou’s number then called it.

“Is it ringing?” Key asked.

“Yup!” I answered.

“Hello?” Rhiyou spoke.

“Hey, it’s me, Jjong,” I said.

“What is it?” her voice became soft.

“Can we talk?” I took a deep breath. “Personally?”

“Sure,” she answered without hesitating. “When and where?”

“To our usual place 9 am,” I said. “Tomorrow.”

“Ok, I’ll be there,” she said.

“Ok,” I said and hung up.

“So?” Key asked.

“We’ll meet tomorrow at 9 am,” I told him.

“Then it worked,” Key smiled and stood up from the couch. “I have to be somewhere.”

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“Rooftop,” he smiled.

I waved goodbye to him as he went to the location he was going. My phone suddenly vibrated and as I looked, it was Se Kyung.

(Key’s Point of View)

I went to the rooftop to be alone and to clear my mind as well. I don’t know why I left Sakura which I shouldn’t have done before. Why did I leave her? why did I hurt her? Looking at my cellphone for few moments, I then decided to call her already.

“Hello?” she picked up.

“Hey, it’s me!” I said for to her recognize my voice.

“Oh, Key! Why did you call…” she lowered her voice. “All of a sudden?”

“Nothing. I just called,” I said as I took a deep breath. “I miss you.”

“Me too,” she seemed sad from what I said.

“I want you back,” I said straight.

“It’s not that easy,” she said with a different tone.

She was somehow wanted it but holding back.

“Give me a chance,” I said persuasively. “Let me make it up to you.”

“How are you gonna do that when I’m here in the Philippines and you’re there in Seoul?” she asked pointing out something difficult.

“I don’t know either but I’ll try and make a way,” I said since nothing came to my mind.

I hope she say yes. Please say yes!

“Then make a way,” she said. “I’ll give the chance you needed. But I won't promise anything to you.”

“I know. I’ll do my best Starlight,” did I call her Starlight?

(Sakura’s Point of View)

 I ended the call. Calling me Starlight again made me happy. It made me smile for a moment. But suddenly turn into sadness again. Should I talk to Rhiyou and Beatrice again? They’re my friends and I love them. But will they talk to me? Maybe I should go, go to where they were. But it would be better if I stay there without them knowing it.

“Dad,” I knocked on the door where my father’s office was.

“What is it dear?” my father looked at me.

“I wanted to transfer school,” I said.

“Where do you want to transfer?” he asked.

“Korea. In Seoul,” I said.

“But there’s a lot of schools there. Where specifically?” he asked as he smiled.

“Korea National University,” I said with dignity.

I’ll surprise them and I think it’s time to talk the real talk with them. This is also the chance for me to be with Key. No more hiding.