Chapter 30 [FINALE]

My ALMOST Perfect Lovestory

 

It has been almost a month since they last saw each other, how much she throw her hurtful words when all she wanted is to apologize to everything that she did. It has been more than a month too since she found out that she has a son, she swears that she saw guilt in the woman’s eyes. At that time, she wanted to forgive her yet her anger is all over her  at that time.

 

HyunJae is one of the most important people in her life and no matter what happened, it will be that way. No matter how much she hurt her, she will always have a special place in Seohyun’s heart because they are sisters not by blood but by fate. It’s a thing they have always believed since they were in college. Everything was so perfect between them, Seohyun who got married to YongHwa while HyunJae became a doctor and fights for her real love. It was almost perfect until YongHwa got in an accident that changes everything.

 

She must admit that she was so shocked when HyunJae blackmailed her, the only person whom she thought will help her, leave her side. The only person, who should be comforting and saving her husband’s life, blackmailed her. She got so mad, frustrated and she almost cursed HyunJae because she thought she will not live without YongHwa, she got so scared because she was carrying their first baby at that time. There were so many what if’s that’s running in her mind but she chose to save his life. She decided to leave him in return, HyunJae will save him.

 

As the days goes by after their last conversation, six months ago, she had already forgiven her until she finally accepted to her heart that no matter how wrong HyunJae did in the past, she can’t just hold grudge to the person whom she treated more than a sister. Yes, she have hurt her not just once but twice but she knows that HyunJae did it because she doesn’t have any choice. If only HyunJae had the courage to tell her the dilemma that she had, things will not turn this way.

 

What HyunJae did made her realize a lot of things. Before she met YongHwa, she had been an independent woman, she always does everything on her own, she never ask for help if not necessary not even to her family. But when she started dating YongHwa and she met HyunJae, everything changes; she became a woman who had been dependent to YongHwa and HyunJae. Suddenly, she can’t make any decision without asking them, she always hangs around them, to make it short, she can’t live without them. So when HyunJae did the most unexpected things, Seohyun learned how to be strong and to stand on her own. She taught her how to fight for what you think is right. She learned that time will come when everybody will leave you and nobody will stay by your side but yourself and you just have to move on, go on with your life because there’s more beautiful things that you can still see. Life doesn’t end just because people close to your heart leave you. It just means that one chapter of your life ended and a new chapter is about to begin.

 

They were in Busan when she found out HyunJae’s whereabouts. She decided to do the thing that she should have done, a long time ago. She decided to finally talk to Hyunjae. She was also aware that HyunJae and JiHoo got back together and what’s surprising was she never felt mad or sad, in fact, she was happy that they were together too. Maybe, things were really like that when you have almost everything, you also want the people around you to be happy, even if they had hurt you in the past.

 

As she was walking now to her unit, she felt so nervous. A lot of things had been running on her mind, she felt like she was floating yet she decided to go on. She needs to end this ‘war’ between them because she knows that no matter how much happy she will be, if HyunJae will not be part of it, it will remain incomplete.

 

Despite all her nervousness, she pressed the buzzer with a trembling hand.

 

====================================================================================

 

 

HyunJae is busy cooking lunch when JiHoo suddenly hugged her from her back.

 

“Wae? Are you hungry?” She asked as she was mixing the soup.

 

“Hmmm.” JiHoo said still hugging her.

 

“HyunJae-ah,” He called as HyunJae covered the pot and turned to face him.

 

She smiled and encircled her hands around his neck. “Wae?”

 

“Saranghae. Thank you for accepting me despite everything that happened. Thank you for everything. I love you so much Babe.” Tears suddenly stream down her face.

 

“I love you too Babe. Words can’t express how much I love you.” JiHoo wiped her tears and cupped her face, then she felt his lips on hers, she closed her eyes savoring the moment feeling thankful that everything is ALMOST perfect now. If only Seohyun will forgive her, she wanted to see her again but she was too scared that it will only make her anger worst.

 

After they ended the kiss, she told him to get dressed as he’ll be late for his work. It was a great thing that YongHwa didn’t fire JiHoo because it has been JiHoo’s dream to work in a big company like YS Designs.

 

“Ah!” Suddenly she felt it again. She holds her temple and slowly massaged it then she felt like something is growling in her stomach so she runs to the bathroom.

 

“Nausea again?” JiHoo asked her when she got out of the bathroom wiping , she just nods and JiHoo looked at her as if he feels sorry for her.

 

“Don’t look at me that way. I hate it.” She glared at him. JiHoo heaved a sigh.

 

“Seriously, when will it stop? I hate seeing you like that.” JiHoo said, worried is seen all over his face.

 

“Dr. Kim said after three months. Don’t worry, I’m fine.”

 

He was about to say something when she suddenly pushed him to the bathroom.

 

“I’m really fine. Go and take a bath now.”

 

She went back to what she was cooking, she smiled remembering how they got back together.

 

FLASHBACK:

 

It was three days after she met Seohyun, she just finished cleaning her apartment, it's her way of  trying to forget what happened, trying to forget all the guilt that she was feeling.

 

‘She was pregnant?’ She told herself.

 

‘Why did I not notice it? What kind of doctor I am? I’m such a bad person.’

 

Out of exhaustion, she sat on the sofa and folded her knees, she hugs her folded knees she looked around her apartment which is newly decorated.

 

She saw JiHoo’s photo on the side table, ‘Should I stop waiting for you,Oppa?’

 

She stands up to get the photo when the doorbell rang. She looked at herself first in the mirror which is beside the bathroom door before she opened it.

 

She froze the moment she opened the door and saw a familiar figure. It was a man staring down, the man slowly looked up when she opened the door.

 

“H-HyunJae-ah.” The man called her name.

 

Because she was so shocked she couldn’t utter any single word until she felt something watery fell from her eyes.

 

“I-I hope, it’s not yet too late. Will you still accept me?”

 

She wiped her tears and smiled. “What took you so long, Pabo yah. I thought you will never come.”

 

JiHoo, yes, it was JiHoo, the man she has been waiting finally come. He closed the gap and hugged her tightly.

 

“I’m sorry if you waited for a long time.” JiHoo said while hugging her.

 

“Saranghae Oppa.” She said hugging him tightly.

 

“Na do, Saranghae. I love you so much.”

 

********

 

“I met Unnie.” HyunJae suddenly blurted out while they are having lunch. It had been two days since they got back together and they decided to live together. They are planning to visit HyunJae’s parents next week and the woman was not aware that JiHoo was planning to propose to her. He had talked to her parents even before he knocks on her door.

 

“U-Unnie…s-she’s mad. I can’t blame her though.” HyunJae was trying to stop herself from crying. JiHoo is fully aware who is the “Unnie” she’s talking about.

 

Last night, HyunJae told him everything that he still doesn’t know or he knows but he’s still confused but everything was clear now. He finally understands why HyunJae did those things and God knows how much he feels sorry for her. He promised her that she will not cry anymore because of him.

 

JiHoo held her hand. “Just give her more time. She will forgive us. Let’s give her more time.”

 

“Unnie..S-She’s pregnant, do you know that she has a son?” she asked wiping her tears. JiHoo nodded.

 

“I met her when she was three months pregnant. She was so beautiful during her pregnancy, you will never even imagined that she was a single mother back then. She had a hard time delivering YongJoo but she did it well. For a first time mother, she did well and I know she’ll do well now that she’s finally with him, the man he truly loves. I know that I can’t replace YongHwa in her heart, no matter what I do, it has always been him.” He squeezed her hand.

 

“But I guess fate really likes to play tricks on us. Just when I thought, I have moved on, I saw you in our company that was when I realized, I was just fooling myself all along, and I was just convincing myself that I don’t love you but I guess just like her, I have only love one person.”

 

“But you loved her?”

 

“It was not more than I love you but yes, I did love her and I’m hoping that everything we’ll be fine.” JiHoo smiled.

 

HyunJae exhaled and looked at the window, “I envy you Oppa.”

 

“Why?” he asked confusingly.

 

“You were with her during her pregnancy. Did you know that we made a promise together back in college days. We made a vow that we must deliver our baby at the same time. She’ll deliver YongHwa Oppa’s baby and I’ll deliver our baby. But it didn’t happen. That’s why I envy you.”

 

JiHoo hugged her from behind. “Let’s not lose hope Babe. Everything will be fine. Trust me.”

 

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

Her train of thoughts were stopped when she heard the doorbell rang.

 

“Are you expecting anyone?” JiHoo who came out of the bathroom asked.

 

She shakes her head to answer his question.

 

“Ahrasseo, open the door, I’ll just change clothes.”

 

When JiHoo entered the bedroom she headed to the door.

 

“Who is it?” She asked but nobody replied so she opened it.           

 

====================================================================================

 

 

HyunJae froze the moment she saw the woman who is standing on her doorsteps.

 

“H-HyunJae-ah.” She saw a tear that escaped from Seohyun’s eyes.

 

She swallowed a hard lump on upon hearing how Seohyun called her.

 

“U-Unnie” She said almost a whisper. She feels like her heart is going to explode as of this moment. She never expected to see Seohyun, the person whom she badly wanted to see is actually standing right in front of her.

 

“Won’t you give Unnie a hug?” Hyunjae runs to close the gap between them. She hugs Seohyun tightly.

 

“Mianhe Unnie. Jeongmal Mianhe. Mianhe” HyunJae keeps on saying these words while hugging her. She was already crying loud and Seohyun is already sobbing.

 

“I’m sorry too. Unnie should have been more understanding. I should have listen to you---“

 

“No Unnie. I was selfish. Mianhe, I was wrong. I’m sorry. Please forgive me.”

 

Seohyun let go of the hug and then wiped HyunJae’s tears. “You know that I can’t hate you. No matter what you did, I can’t hate you. I love you just like my own sister. I have forgiven you a long time ago but I guess my anger was too much that I didn’t notice it. I’m sorry. Can we put everything in the past now and start a new life?”

 

HyunJae had never been this happy. “Ne Unnie. We will start a new life.”

 

“So will you let me come in now? You know having this drama here in your doorway is really awkward.” They both laughed as she opened the door widely to let Seohyun in.

 

Seohyun roamed around the apartment then she smiled as she saw a photo of JiHoo and HyunJae in a sidetable.

 

“O-Oppa came back—“

 

“I know.” She turned to her and smiled.

 

“Unnie, I-I know—“

 

Seohyun shook her head and smiled, “If you think I’ll get mad, no, in fact when I found out that you got back together, I was happy. I’m really happy for you HyunJae.”

 

“Babe,have you seen---“ JiHoo froze on his spot when she saw a familiar back talking to HyunJae.

 

He confirmed it when the woman turned around. “It’s been a long time Oppa.” It was Seohyun. It’s really her.

 

Seohyun came closer together with HyunJae. “Have you been well?” she asked looking at his eyes.

 

“Seohyun-ah.” He hugged her in an instant.

 

“I’m sorry Seohyun-ah.” JiHoo said tears streamed down on his face. 

 

Seohyun hugs him tightly. “Just make sure you won’t hurt HyunJae,Oppa. Promise me you’ll love her more than anything else and I’ll forgive you.” She let go of the hug to look at JiHoo.

 

He smiled, “I promised. Thank you Seohyun-ah, for forgiving us.”

 

Seohyun wiped his tears, “Let’s forget everything that happened in the past.”

 

Seohyun hugged JiHoo and HyunJae together, her happiness was overflowing at this moment.She knows that forgiving them was the best decision she ever did and she can’t ask for anything more.

 

====================================================================================

 

 

She stayed for few more minutes before she took her leave as she will have to visit Dr.Park. HyunJae who was delighted with the fact that she might be having her second baby told her she will come with her. She agreed as this means more time with her.

 

Hyunjae and JiHoo also told her that HyunJae is two weeks pregnants and Seohyun was more than happy. Finally, HyunJae found her real happiness. HyunJae told her that her father finally accepted JiHoo.

 

 

After their visit to the doctor they decided to go shopping. One thing that they missed doing together. She went home in time before dinner, she take a shower before preparing dinner. She smiled as she put the result of her check up on the dresser table, enough for her husband to see later.

 

She send him a message. “Oppa, Dr.Park said I’m not pregnant.” After a few more minutes YongHwa was calling her but she turned it off and went outside the room.

 

YongHwa came earlier than expected, she’s still cooking.

 

“Why are you so early today?”

 

“You’re really not pregnant?” YongHwa asked her, she tried hard not to laugh.

 

“Ne.Dinner will be ready so why don’t you change your clothes first?”

 

YongHwa walked to their room wearing a sad face, Seohyun giggles as she saw her husband’s reaction.

 

Not long after YongHwa entered the room, she heard him scream. ‘He saw it’ she thought.

 

In just a span of a minute, YongHwa was hugging and spinning her already while laughing out loud.

 

“You really know how to surprise me! You have no idea how disappointed I was the moment I read your message. I even got off from work earlier.”

 

“Mianhe Oppa. It was all HyunJae’s plan.”

 

“HyunJae? You saw her?” He puts her down and encirled his hand to his waist.

 

Seohyun puts her hands on his neck“Ne. I decided to finally forgive them Oppa.”

 

YongHwa hugged her again. “You did a good decision. You make me proud of you.”

 

“I love you Oppa.”

 

“And I love you more.”

 

“So we’ll really have our second baby?”

 

“Ne. I'm really two weeks pregnant.” She said giggling.

 

YongHwa who got really excited hugs her again and kissed her passionately.

 

For the first time after those six years of trials and full of problems, YongHwa and Seohyun felt complete.

 

Author's Note:

 

Did you like the ending? I hope you did as much as I did. HyunJae and JiHoo's ending story was already planned even before I have thought of how this story will end. I hope I did not disappoint you with how this story ends. Yes. it really ends here..*sobs* This story will always have a big part in my heart as this was the first story that I finished. This story had been really challenging for me and I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone who commented, subscribed and even those silent readers. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

 

I hope you'll support my next story too just like how you supported this.

 

So let me end this note by asking: WHO WANTS AN EPILOGUE FOR MAPLS?

 

~ilovegoguma29~