Chapter 14

My ALMOST Perfect Lovestory

 

 

 

YONGHWA's POV

 

"So....you tell her?" HyunJae asked while drinking her wine. We're having a dinner in her apartment. I went here after my work since I really needed someone to talk to.

 

"Yes." I said staring down at my wine.

 

HyunJae swallowed hard before she talked.

 

"What did she say? D-Did she say she love you too?" She asked then I shook my head.

 

"I went out after telling her how I feel."

 

"Woah! A coward Jung YongHwa spotted!" She smirk.

 

"I-I'm not coward. I know what she will say that she don't love me anymore. For crying out loud, she has a boyfriend." I drank my wine.

 

"Ouch." She blurted out. I looked at her then I remembered something.

 

"I-I'm sorry HyunJae."

 

She smiled bitterly. "It's okay, Oppa." She sighed before she drinks all the wine in her glass.

 

"I went to Jeju this morning." She said, sadness is seen all over her face.

 

"You talked to him?"

 

"Hmm.." She nods.

 

"She really loves Seohyun, Oppa. And it hurts. It's so painful why it should be her, again?" A tear suddenly drops from her eyes.

 

I remember how she confessed to me seven years ago.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Oppa! I really love you!" HyunJae said crying.

 

“HyunJae-ah, you know I can’t love you the way you want me to. I have a girlfriend and more than that, I love you like my own sister.” I step forward to hug her but she stepped back.

 

“So it’s because of her? JooHyun? Oppa! I can also do the things that she can! I can be her if you want! I can—“

 

“KIM HYUN JAE! “ I shouted at her shaking both of her shoulder.

 

“Why her, Oppa? I have loved you before you met her. Why can’t you love me too?” Then she cried in front of me. I felt sorry for her but I can’t do anything so I just hug her.

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

As the time goes by, she finally let go of her feelings towards me and then she met JiHoo. The only person who changed her life. If only her father let his daughter to be with the man she loves.

 

“Sometimes I really wonder what’s with Seohyun that everybody loves her. Why can’t you notice me first?”

 

“I’m sorry HyunJae.”

 

She sighed. “I’m going to get JiHoo back, Oppa. I don’t care if my Dad will get mad at me or if  Seohyun will get hurt but I will get him back. This time, I will not be a coward woman anymore. For the last time, I want to be a selfish . So take care of Seohyun, Oppa. One of these days, you’ll see her crying.”

 

“Don’t do it HyunJae. Please.”

 

She shakes her head. “I must do it Oppa. Mianhe. I need a shower.” Then she stands up.

 

“Ah, by the way, we’ll cancel the wedding. I’ll tell Appa that we’ll cancel it. This will help you since you’re pretending to be engaged with her, right? So why not get her back, too? I mean, for real?” Then she enters her room.

 

 

The next day, I came to the office early. I don’t know but I feel so happy. Maybe because HyunJae told me this morning that she will really tell her father that we’ll cancel our wedding and she also told me that she will tell him the truth about our fake engagement.

 

Finally, there are things that are going back to normal. Now I only have to talk to Seohyun and tell her about JiHoo and HyunJae before she got hurt. I know HyunJae wasn’t joking at all when she said that she wants JiHoo back. I know Seohyun will be hurt. I just need to tell her the truth. So the pain will be lessened.

 

 

I’m reading some news on my laptop when she arrived. She looks surprise to see me.

 

 

SEOHYUN’s POV

 

I was shocked to see him in the office so early today. I can still remember what happened yesterday and it’s really confusing me. But I know that he’s playing with my feelings. I think it’s his revenge but I won’t let that happen. He smiled at me when I entered the office but I just ignored him and I went straight to my table.

 

I was surprised to see a breakfast meal in a take-out box on my table. I saw a sticky note on top of the box. “You should not skip breakfast before going to work.” I looked at him who is still busy with his laptop. How did he know I skip breakfast? I grab the small cup and it’s still warm.

 

“Coffee? You know I hate coffee.” I said looking at him. Finally he looked at me. Then he smiled. Oh please! Stop smiling!

 

“It’s not a coffee. It’s a lemon tea. It’s really delicious you should try it.” Then he showed me his cup which is same as mine then he drink it.

 

I walked to his table. I need to clear everything to this man.

 

I heaved a sigh before speaking. “T-Thank you for the breakfast. I really appreciate it.”

 

“Welcome.” He looked at me then he leaned on his swivel chair.

 

“Look, about what happened yesterday, I-I mean..—“

 

“What happened yesterday?” He asked me smiling. He’s teasing me. I bit my lower lip and gave him a glare. “You know what I’m talking about and please stop smiling.”

 

“Why? Is there a rule in this office that we are not allowed to smile? Or does my smile distract you?”

 

“No. It’s really pissing me off, Hwejangnim!” I said giving him a sarcastic smile.

 

He stood up and walked to where I am standing and he leans on his table, crossing his arms, I did not dare to turn around because we are just an inch apart, one false move and we might kiss again. I remained standing still looking at his swivel chair while he stands beside me.

 

“Really? As far as I remember you love my smile. Don’t you Miss Seo?” He said almost a whisper. It really gives me shiver when he talked since he was so near to me.

 

I sighed before speaking without looking at him. “When I agreed to pretend to be your fiancee, it doesn’t mean that you can play with my feelings too. I know I hurt you for ditching you on our wedding day, five years ago. But if playing with my feelings is your revenge, please..I-I’m begging you to stop it.” I stare down at my hands. I’m seriously trembling with this conversation.

 

When I noticed that he didn’t say anything, I turned to the other direction to go back to my table.

 

“Who said I’m playing with your feelings?” I stop walking when I heard him speak.

 

“What?” I turned to him and he’s still leaning on his table.

 

“I am not playing with your feelings. You know that I don’t do that. Everything I said yesterday was true.” He walked near me so I step back.

 

“You know that I have a boyfriend.” I said almost a whisper.

 

“I’m fully aware of that. But I don’t care, you’re not yet married. I can still take you back. After all, you’re originally mine, JooHyun.”

I laughed with what I heard. “You’re too confident that you can take me back. Have you forgotten? I told you I don’t love you anymore.”

 

“I remember that but you will not be confused if you don’t really love me.”

 

I was shocked with what he said. How did he know that I’m confused?

 

“W-What…H-How..”

 

“Guess what, I can still read you JooHyun. You and your body language. Good habits are really hard to break, Hon.” He whispers tapping my shoulder before he gets back to his chair.

 

I think I’ll collapse after hearing that word. Our endearment. I shut my eyes tightly before I get back to my chair. I still need to do my job as his assistant. Oh, this life really !

 

**********************

 

 During lunch break, Seohyun asked YoonA to eat lunch in the cafeteria. She suddenly felt like she needs to tell everything to YoonA. Since YoonA already knew about YongHwa and their past, she just needs someone to talk to.

 

“Okay. So you’re telling me that there’s a breakfast meal prepared in your table when you reach the office today? Am I right?” YoonA said as soon as they sat on their preferred table. The cafeteria is full of people now since it’s lunch break already.

 

“Yes.” Seohyun said before heaving a sigh. She just told YoonA what happened this morning.

 

“And you kissed yesterday? In his private pad?” She also said what happened yesterday. She nods suddenly she felt so hot with YoonA’s question.

 

“And he told you that he will take you back and that he still loves you?” YoonA asked again.

 

She nods again staring down at her food.

 

“Now that’s really weird and the fact that you’re blushing Seohyun.” YoonA munched on her kimchi.

“I’m not blushing Unnie!” She protested.

 

“Okay. Whatever.” YoonA continued eating. “So what’s your plan?” The question surprised her.

 

“I-I don’t know. I-I’m not sure.” Seohyun was lost for word. Last night, her plan is to talked to YongHwa and tells him to stop playing with her feelings. But after their conversation this morning, she doesn’t know what to do anymore. YongHwa is right, she’s really confused.

 

 

“Miss Seo,” a voice of a young lady stops her train of thoughts.

 

Seohyun turned around “Yes?”

 

“Is it okay if we’ll share table?” The lady asked smiling. She was with four other ladies.

 

“Sure.” Seohyun moved a little so that the five ladies can sit beside them. They were eating in a long table so it was really not a problem if they will share table.

 

“I-I hope you don’t mind but we’re thinking of giving the CEO a welcome party. I mean we haven’t given him any welcome party since he arrived. It’s a tradition,right?” Another girl said as soon as they sat comfortably.

 

 

“Oh right.” Seohyun muttered. “Don’t worry, I will let the CEO know about it later.” Seohyun started eating.

 

“What are you going to let me know?” Seohyun was startled when she heard YongHwa’s voice behind her.

 

 

“H-hwejangnim! “ All of the girls stand up even YoonA to greet YongHwa but only Seohyun remained seated. YongHwa sits next to Seohyun.

 

 

Seohyun was even surprised when she saw YongHwa holding his own lunch tray.

 

“O-Oppa, w-what are you doing?” She asked in a low voice.

 

“Just like what you’re doing? Eating I guess?” He answered smiling.

 

That smile again. She thought.

 

“I can see that. But why are you eating here?”

 

“Why? Am I not allowed to eat here?” YongHwa looked at the girls in front of them who were all smiling at him while saying that he can eat here anytime he wants.

 

“But this is---“ Seohyun wasn’t able to continue what she’s saying as YongHwa puts a kimbap on .

 

“Just eat,Honey.” YongHwa said sweetly that earned a lot of squeals from the people inside the cafeteria. Seohyun almost choked with what YongHwa called her. That name again.

 

“Could you please stop calling me that name?” She said between her gritted teeth.

 

“They really looked good together.” Seohyun heard a girl from the other table said.

 

He just smiled at Seohyun. He really find Seohyun cute when she’s mad especially when her nostrils are flaring.

 

“Anyway, what are you talking about earlier?” YongHwa asked again.

 

 “They are planning to throw you a welcome party. It’s a tradition here.” Seohyun said after she sips her mango juice.

 

“That’s a nice idea. When will be the party?” YongHwa said after drinking.

 

“What?” He asked since the people looked at him with a shocked expression.

 

“Is there some dirt on my face?” He turned to Seohyun who’s blushing.

 

“T-That’s my juice, Oppa.” She pointed at the glass which YongHwa is holding.

 

“Oh, what’s wrong with that? We always share drinks. I mean, we used to do that.”

 

“T-That was five years ago.” Seohyun said almost a whisper.

 

 

They continue eating while they talked about the welcome party that the staff will give to YongHwa. All through their conversation, Seohyun remained silent.

 

 

Back in their office YongHwa got a message from HyunJae.

 

“Oppa, wanna know if she still loves you?” YongHwa frowned but then he replied.

 

“How?”

 

“You’ll see.” HyunJae replied.

 

Seohyun keeps on looking at her phone, she’s starting to worry about JiHoo. The guy did not call her or even sent her a message since yesterday. She was thinking that maybe JiHoo got into an accident but she brushed that thought since she know that she is the contact person of Jihoo if there’s an emergency. So if ever he got in an accident, she will definitely receive a call. Maybe he’s just busy, she thought.

 

“OPPA!!!”

 

Seohyun almost jumped to her seat when a woman suddenly entered the office. It was HyunJae.

 

YongHwa looks surprised too. “ W-what are you doing here?”

 

“Oh, I just dropped by to give you this.” Then she handed him his access card in his apartment.

 

“You forgot it last night on MY apartment.” HyunJae said loudly. She really said it loudly so Seohyun will hear.

 

Seohyun then looked at the couple in front of her. She can only see HyunJae’s back so she doesn’t know that HyunJae is smiling. YongHwa smiled when he realized what HyunJae is doing. He looked at Seohyun who just rolled her eyes.

 

“Where are you going Miss Seo?” YongHwa asked her when he saw that seohyun is opening the door. YongHwa tried himself to stop from laughing when he saw Seohyun’s expression when she turns around.

 

 

“I’ll just go out since I think you guys need some privacy.” Then she walks out the room banging the door loudly.

 

 

 

Author's note:

 

Okay so I was really going to post this tomorrow but since I am so happy now and I'll be busy tomorrow, I posted it today. Thank you so much for reading this and for all your good comments about the previous chappter. I'm glad you like the err.."kissing scene". Some of you are asking me to write a RATED M chapter, I don't think I can do that. But there will be absolutely more kissing scene to come. Hahahaha! Anyway, this fic will end soon, maybe it will have 20 chapters?25? Maximum is 30. So please be with me until the end,ne?

 

ANYWAY, WHO'S NOW JUMPING FOR JOY??? YONGHWA FINALLY REJECTED HEIRS!!! WE'RE REALLY REJOICING ABOUT THE NEWS, AREN'T WE? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

 

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

 

~ilovegoguma29~