Chapter 20

My ALMOST Perfect Lovestory

 

 

Seohyun felt her back was in pain as she woke up. She was surprised when she opened her eyes that she was in a different room. Her guest room to be exact. Who brought her there? She doesn’t know, she felt so tired from all her crying a while ago. She even don’t know how she fell asleep, all she know is her heart is aching for one reason. JiHoo.

 

She looked around and saw the man whom she didn’t want to see. She is really thinking that YongHwa framed her up to see how JiHoo is cheating on her. She realized this morning that maybe it’s HyunJae and YongHwa who planned this set up. She wanted to destroy her happiness while he wants to get her back. Well, if this is his way of “fixing” their relationship, she won’t bite the bait.

 

“What are you doing here?! Na Ga!!” She screamed. became painful because she was shouting for hours already because of too much anger.

 

“Seohyun-ah, he’s just trying to help me—“ She pushes YoonA who is hugging her and stands up and pushes YongHwa away. YongHwa on the other hand just stood there looking at her.

 

‘He still had the guts to show his face to me? Does he think that I will not know they planned this?’ Seohyun thought.

 

YongHwa took a step closer to her.

 

“NAGA RAGU!!!” Seohyun tried to push him but YoonA hugged him.

 

“Seohyun-ah, Wae geure? Keumanhe.” YoonA hugged her while crying.

 

But she ignore her and asked YongHwa the question that she’s been wanting to ask since she saw the disgusting scene in Jeju.

 

“Did you let me go to Jeju to see with my two eyes how JiHoo is cheating on me with HyunJae?!” She asked as tears fall down on her face.

 

“MWO?!” She heard YoonA and YongHwa said together.

 

YongHwa  was surprised with what Seohyun asked him.

 

“YoonA ssi, could you please give us a moment.” YongHwa said without removing his eyes to Seohyun.

 

YoonA who got more confused got nothing to do but to leave the two because she still thinks that they needed privacy on whatever matter they need to fix. Although she was confused, there’s one thing she is sure about, HyunJae has got something to do with what is happening o Seohyun now. She gave YongHwa a slight bow before she leaves and closes door.

 

 

Seohyun was left there, sitting on her bed, staring down.

 

YongHwa kneeled in front of her and hold her hands but she tried to shove it away so he holds on to it tightly.

 

“Hyun—“

 

“Don’t call me that name.” She cut him off and gave him a glare.

 

He tighten his hold to her hands, looked at her straight on her eyes. He took a deep a breath before finally talking.

 

“D-Did you really think I’ll do that to you?” He asked calmly.

 

Seohyun smirked.

 

“Why not?! You have all the reason to do that, right? You wanted me back and you know that I can’t consider your feelings because for crying out loud, I have a boyfriend. That’s why you helped HyunJae to set me up. Is that why you allowed me to go to Jeju even before I ask permission?!” Seohyun said, anger is clearly seen all over her face.

 

“Hyun, I do want us to be okay. I want you back, but hurting you will be the last thing I would like to do. You know that, right? I never wanted to hurt you and I will never do that, I made a promise to you, remember?”

 

Seohyun then remembers how YongHwa brought her to a temple in Japan, one summer and made a promise that he will never hurt her no matter what happens. He promised that whatever it takes, he will follow what Seohyun wants, but he promised that he will never stop loving her. So even if Seohyun got tired of her, he will let her go but he will never stop loving him. The promised that he made was sacred and Seohyun knew that YongHwa never breaks promises. If there’s one person here who broke a promise. That’s her not him.

 

“Y-You don’t know anything about this?” Seohyun looked so surprised, a tear fell from her eyes.

 

YongHwa lifted his hands to wipe her tears.

 

“Hyun, if getting you back will hurt you like this, I’d rather not to get you back and leave you alone. I can never do that.”

 

Seohyun’s cry became louder this time.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, it’s just that, God! What am I thinking?” Seohyun covered her face with both hands and sobs harder.

 

“Sssshhhhh…It’s okay. It’s okay.” YongHwa hugged her tightly as she keeps on saying “Sorry Oppa” while crying.

 

When seohyun calmed down, he let her sit on her bed, head resting on the headboard. YoonA brought her food a while ago.

 

“Oppa.” Seohyun called.

 

“Hmm?” YongHwa said while mixing her porridge.

 

“I saw him and HyunJae together in a bed. .” Seohyun coldy said.

 

YongHwa dropped the spoon. “W-What?”

 

“I have the right to get mad, right? He cheated on me.” Seohyun said, tears suddenly fall from her eyes for she doesn’t know how many times already.

 

“Seohyun-ah,” He wiped her tears.

 

“Uljima. It’s so painful seeing you like this. It hurts me so much knowing that other guy made you like this. You’ll get over this pain. I know how painful to be left by the only person you love so much. I know—“

 

Seohyun hold his hands. “Mianhe Oppa. I was wrong Oppa. Mianhe.” Seohyun sobs harder, YongHwa just hugged her tightly.

 

“Kwaenchana Hyun. It’s okay, as long as you’re okay, I’m fine.” YongHwa closes his eyes. He know how she feels because he felt it when JooHyun left him too.

 

When Seohyun fell asleep, YongHwa went out of her room, he brought her empty plates at the kitchen.

 

He saw YoonA cooking something. He looked at the window, the sky is starting to get dark. Have they been in the room for so long that he didn’t realize the time?

 

“YongHwa ssi.” He turned to YoonA.

 

“Ne?”

 

YoonA turned off the stove. “Would you like to tell me what’s happening? I know I have no right to say this but—“

 

“HyunJae was JiHoo’s first love.” YongHwa said matter of factly.

 

“Ne?!” She looked so surprised.

 

“Ne. You heard me right.” He said walking to the living room.

 

“A-Ani. Kotjimal.” YoonA whispered holding her forehead.

 

“HyunJae had been doing everything to get him back even before she knew that JiHoo’s girlfriend now is Seohyun. When I found out that JiHoo was her first love I tried to stop her because I knew that he and Seohyun are in a relationship but she just won’t stop.” He sat on the sofa and Yoona sat in front of him.

 

“I didn’t know that HyunJae went to Jeju, I just let Seohyun go there because I know that will make her happy. Although it pains me, Seohyun’s happiness, regardless of my feelings is more important to me.” YongHwa continued.

 


“I didn’t know that you have this side of you YongHwa-ssi.” Yoona tried to smile.

 

“What side?” He asked as he didn’t get her.

 

“I didn’t know you’re martyr when it comes to love.”

 

YongHwa gave her a forced smile. “Maybe because I love her so much that I’ll do everything even if it will hurt me.”

 

“Seohyun is having a hard time because of your sudden confession and then this happened. I hope you will never get tired of her. Please stay beside her and don’t leave her even if she did that to you, five years ago.” YoonA gave YongHwa an encouraging smile.

 

“Don’t worry, I have no plans of stop loving her because if I did have, I should have done that, few years ago.” YongHwa smiled.

 

“By the way, how did Seohyun finds out about HyunJae and JiHoo? Did she happen to see the two of them at Jeju?” YoonA asked as she was really curious to her friend’s sudden outburst.

 

YongHwa was hesitating for a while if she’ll tell it to her or not but he thinks that as Seohyun’s friend, she deserves to know.

 

He take a deep breath before telling her the truth. “ Ne. She saw the two of them together, on a bed, .”

 

“MWORAGO?!?!”

 

Meanwhile,  JiHoo is packing his things at his apartment in Jeju. He was already panicking after Seohyun left his apartment. She saw them, he’s sure that what she saw will hurt her, of course, who will not hurt if you saw your boyfriend with another girl on a bed.

 

“Oppa, W-What are you doing?” He stopped when he heard HyunJae’s voice. She just finished calling YongHwa and she knew he’s mad. She was feeling guilty, of course but God knows this is not what she planned to happen. They are about to tell her the truth next week.

 

“I’ll follow her to Seoul. I need to explain everything.” He continued packing.

 

“I’ll go with you. I’ll just pack my things.” HyunJae said turning around to get her things but JiHoo grabbed her arm.

 

“I will go there, alone.”JiHoo sternly said.

 

“N-Ne? I also need to explain my side, Oppa.”

 

“Let’s stop it here, HyunJae-ah.”She looked at JiHoo with a shock expression.

 

“A-Are you breaking up with me?” She knew the answer but she is scared to admit it. For the second time in her life, she felt scared and it has only one reason. JiHoo.

 

JiHoo hugged her then cupped her face. He wiped the tears that are flowing from her eyes.

 

“HyunJae-ah, this will not work. We will never work, again. Things are very different now. I still love you and trust me, I tried so hard this past week that I’m with you, I cheated on her but it doesn’t change the fact that she is still my girlfriend. I hurt her and she deserves to know the truth. We might not get back together and I will accept that. But us, this relationship that we have, it’s not the same as what you think. We are different people now, I don’t want to be unfair to you. I will let you go not because I don’t love you but because I want you to be happy.” He said looking at her eyes at the same time he’s cursing himself for hurting her. His first love.

 

“But your my happiness. How can I be happy if you’re not with me Oppa. Don’t do this to me, Oppa. We’ll work this out. Oppa Jebal.” HyunJae said in between of her sobs.

 

JiHoo shakes her head.

 

“You deserve someone better. You don’t deserve a –“

 

“Stop giving me those lame reasons Oppa. Do you really think, I am not happy with you or you still haven’t forgiven me?” She cut him off.

“HyunJae, I have forgiven you. The moment I let you in my life again, I have forgiven you and take a risk with you.”

 

“Then why are you doing this to me?” She asked tears keeps on falling from her eyes.

 

“Because I am such a mess now. You don’t deserve a guy like me. I am a bad person who only hurts the people who love me.” JiHoo wiped her tears.

 

“Fine. You can go to Seoul and explain to her everything. But I will wait for you, Oppa. I will still wait for you, I might look pathetic but I don’t care anymore, so if ever you’ll realize that nobody loves you anymore, please remember that this pathetic girl is waiting for you. When that time comes, you know where to find me.” HyunJae removed his hands and wiped her own tears.

 

“HyunJae-ah—“

 

“T-This isn’t goodbye yet. The moment I walked out of this house, I will hold on to my promise, Oppa. I will wait for you. I know you’ll go back to me. Saranghaeyo, Oppa. At least, believe that.”

 

She let him go and walked out of the room. She knew she made a hard decision but she’s willing to get hurt because of him. After all, she was the one who hurt him before. She will not give up. Not for today.

 

 

 

Author's Note:

 

I really had a hard time writing JiHoo and HyunJae scene but I hope it was worth it. I really did my best. Sorry if I didn't reached your expectation guys. How they got back together will be revealed on the next chapter. Thanks for all the wonderful comments. You guys are simply amazing!

 

See you on the next chapter.

 

~ilovegoguma29~