Chapter 23

My ALMOST Perfect Lovestory

 

 

Seohyun stare at the woman in front of them. Suddenly everything that happens six months ago flashback to her like it just happened yesterday. It has been six months since the last time she saw her in Jeju but she never imagined that she will see her today, not that she’s not ready to see her but she just don’t wanna feel the same pain that she felt months ago. It has been six months and yes, she can really say that she has moved on, but she’s not ready to see the people who hurt her and made her life so miserable. It really helps a lot that neither JiHoo nor HyunJae bothered her after she talked to JiHoo, maybe he told HyunJae about what happened to their conversation. It is safe to say that as time goes by, she had forgiven JiHoo and HyunJae but she can never forget what they did. She will never forget it.

 

She let go of YongHwa’s hold. “O-Oppa, I’ll go inside first.” She didn’t wait for YongHwa’s reply, she turned around immediately. HyunJae kept on looking at her.

 

“Unnie.”

 

She stop walking when she heard her called her. She knew she was calling her.

 

‘Unnie?!’

 

That term, she used to call her that during their college days. How she misses the way she calls her by that term. If only she was not JiHoo’s first love. If only she didn’t sleep with him. She closed her eyes tightly and starts walking away. She’s not yet ready.

 

‘I thought I can face them, I thought I’m ready. I guess I’m wrong.’ She thought as the elevator closes.

 

 

“How are you?” YongHwa asked HyunJae when Seohyun left. HyunJae is still staring at the elevator where Seohyun entered just minutes ago. She doesn’t know why she called her ‘Unnie’, it just suddenly slips from . She remembers how she always called her Unnie before. Seohyun likes to be called Unnie, she’s the youngest in the family and she never had the chance to be called Unnie not until they met. Although their start wasn’t good, sooner or later they become friends, Seohyun treats her like a real sister. Until she ruined everything.

 

 

“I’m a bad person, Oppa. Am I? Are you mad at me too? I can’t blame you—“

 

“I’m not mad at you, I’m just disappointed. I never thought you’ll do that to her. You knew she was dating JiHoo but you never listened.” YongHwa said looking at her intently.

 

“I’m so sorry, I was a selfish brat, Oppa. I’m really sorry.” HyunJae said between her sobs.

 

YongHwa hugged her. “Hssssshhh…She’ll forgive you, just give her time. HyunJae-ah. Just give her enough time.”

 

HyunJae wiped her tears, “I am not asking for any forgiveness Oppa because I know that what I did is unforgivable but I hope she’ll listen to my explanation. That’s only what I’m asking Oppa.” HyunJae tried to smile.

 

She came here thinking that maybe Seohyun can talk to her already, it has been six months since that incident happened and God knows how much she regrets everything. Because of her selfishness, she lost the man he love and the only person who made her feel important, Seohyun. She knows that she has done a lot of damage to her life but she’s willing to do everything just for Seohyun to forgive her. Almost six years ago, she did a terrible thing to YongHwa and Seohyun, YongHwa still didn’t know what she did and she don’t know if he’ll forgive her once he found out. She will tell him the truth but she’s just waiting for the right time. Right now, what she really need is to talk to Seohyun first. She needs to clear everything to Seohyun most especially now that it seems that YongHwa and Seohyun looks very happy. ‘I need to do it right, this time.’

 

 

“How are you and him?” Her train of thoughts stopped when she heard YongHwa’s question.

 

“I’m still waiting for him, Oppa, though I think it’s hopeless but I’m waiting.” HyunJae faked a smile. ‘I know he’ll be back.’

 

‘HyunJae-ah, a lot of things happened and my life is a mess. I don’t know what to do, I love you but I don’t want you to get hurt because of this mess. I hurt you and we hurt her, thing are just too complicated now I need time to think about everything. I will be back I just hope that when that time comes, it will not be too late for us. I don’t know how long I will be gone but if you found a better man, its fine, I will understand. Goodbye HyunJae.’

 

HyunJae is holding on to what JiHoo have said on his last email to her. She knows he’ll be back.

 

“HyunJae-ah, stop it already. Maybe—“ He didn’t finished what he’s about to say as he saw HyunJae shook her head as if telling him what he’s about to say is not true. He heaved a sigh.

 

“Go ahead Oppa. I just really dropped by. I just wanna talk to her but it seems that she’s not ready.”

 

YongHwa looked at where Seohyun walked just a while ago then he looks at HyunJae.

 

“Are you sure you’re fine?”

 

“I’m fine, Oppa. Don’t worry about me.” HyunJae said smiling. YongHwa then hug her one last time before he say goodbye.

 

HyunJae then heads to parking lot with a heavy heart.

 

 

YongHwa found Seohyun preparing the food at the kitchen counter, her back facing him. He knows that she’s not okay. She doesn’t need to tell him, he can feel it. If only he can erase from her memory what happened six months ago, he’ll do it. But all he can do is to be with her and show her that no matter what happened, he’ll always be with her. He just loves her so much that he’s ready to wait until she can finally say those three words again to him. Yes, just like HyunJae, he’s waiting too.

 

He loves her so much that he never stopped thinking about her since the day she left him. He’s hoping that one day she’ll tell him the real reason why she left. Although it’s not that important anymore but he still wants to know why she did that. He knows that Seohyun doesn’t do something without a reason. Whether she will tell it to him or not, what matters now is Seohyun is with him.

 

He puts the car keys on the counter top. Seohyun stop from what she’s doing when she noticed his presence.

 

“O-Oh, you’re here. This will be finished—“

 

“She’s fine.” YongHwa interrupted, Seohyun stops mixing the soup. She held on the ladle tightly.

 

“I know you wanted to ask about that. I know that no matter how mad you were to them you still care for her. I can feel that, Hyun.” He walks closer to where she was standing. She remains immobile.

 

“I am not going to force you to talk to her now but I hope you’ll listen to her. At least listen to her. She was once your bestfriend, more than that, actually.” Seohyun turned off the stove and slowly turned around.

 

She slightly shakes her head. “I don’t know Oppa. I have forgiven them but I thought I’m ready to face them without being hurt but when I saw her, I remembered everything as if it just happened yesterday. It’s so painful here.” She then pointed to her chest.

 

“I thought I have moved on but—“ YongHwa hugged her which caught her by surprise but she hugs him back.

 

“Getting hurt because you saw her doesn’t mean you haven’t moved on. You were hurt because both of them are very important people to you, but you have forgiven them already. That’s enough proof that you have moved on.”

 

“Mianhe Oppa, I know—“

 

“Hssshhhh…Don’t say anything. It’s okay.” YongHwa looked at her and smiled so she smiled too, they stayed hugging each other for a few more minutes before they settled on the table to eat.

 

Seohyun knew that she was being selfish to YongHwa already. She really appreciates how YongHwa showed her his real feelings after all that she did to him. She just thinks she’s being too much because after what happened to her and JiHoo, YongHwa never left her side. She knows that what YongHwa is doing is not right anymore. It’s really not a normal thing for a guy to stay beside your ex-girlfriend just after she broke up with her current boyfriend right? What kind of man will ever do that but he did without even having second thoughts.

 

‘I’m doing all of this because I care for you and I love you.’ She remembers what YongHwa would always tell her whenever she will tell him to stop doing everything for her.

 

‘He’s really a martyr. You’re such a stupid woman if you let him go,again.’ This is what YoonA would always tell her about YongHwa.

 

‘Give your relationship another try maknae-ah. You both deserve to be happy.’ Yuri, who have been witnessing her hardship since the day she left him always told her this whenever they are hanging out.

 

And that’s why she’s going to make everything’s right. It’s about time that she’ll do the first move now. It has always been him who’s making her happy, who’s doing everything for her. Now, it’s about time that she do what she thinks is right. And as of this moment, spending the rest of her life is what she thinks is right. But before that, she needs to do something that was long overdue.

 

“Ah, I almost forgot. I’m planning on going a vacation, with the whole company staff.” YongHwa said wearing his suit.

 

“Vacation? Why?” Seohyun walked near him and fixed his tie.

 

“I just want to thank them for the support. What do you think?” She smiled after fixing his tie.

 

“A vacation is good, Oppa. I’ll help you planned it.” Then they walked out the room holding each other’s hand.

 

==================================================================================

 

The presentation went well, a lot of the board members congratulated YongHwa for a great presentation and for the new branch that they opened in New York. Seohyun just watched everyone inside the conference room as they congratulated YongHwa. She watched him silently, talking and shaking hands to everyone. She’s happy that YongHwa finally achieve something, well she had always knew that he’ll be successful. YongHwa has been a very hardworking president of YS Company.

 

YongHwa caught him looking at him so he winked at her, Seohyun just rolled her eyes.

 

Back in the office, YongHwa and Seohyun are planning for the corporate vacation when suddenly her phone vibrated.

 

“Unnie, can you at least hear my explanation? This will be the last time I’m going to ask you a favor. I’ll be waiting for you at the coffee shop in front of YS Company.”

 

Seohyun hold her phone tightly while staring at it. She can still hear YongHwa talking but she can’t understand what he’s saying. Her heart suddenly beats faster.

 

“Hey, Is everything alright?” She didn’t notice that YongHwa is already beside her. He looks worried.

 

“I-I’m sorry? What are you –“

 

“What’s the matter?” YongHwa ask her still wearing that worried look.

 

She tried to smile. “I-It’s nothing Oppa. So you were saying?” Then she keeps her phone on her pocket. YongHwa just nodded but he knows that something is not right.

 

When lunch time came, he asked Seohyun where does she want to have lunch but she rejected his offer by saying, “I’m sorry Oppa, I need to go somewhere.”

 

This isn’t the first time that Seohyun went out the office without him but suddenly he feels like something is wrong, so he followed her without her knowing.

 

He saw Seohyun entered a coffee shop in front of their building, he was about to enter when he saw a familiar figure sitting inside the café. It’s HyunJae, instead of entering, he turned his back. Those two women need some privacy. ‘I hope everything will go well.’ He thought as he walked back to their company.

 

 

Seohyun decided to meet HyunJae, she thought that maybe it’s about time to stop running away from the past. If she wants to make everything right she must start with the person who ruined everything.

 

She got nervous the moment she entered the coffee shop but she put all those nervousness away when she saw her. She stands as she saw her walking to her table.

 

“Thank you for coming Unnie.” HyunJae said as Seohyun sits ignoring what she just said. She nervously sits too.

 

“I don’t have a lot of time so better start talking.” Seohyun sternly said.

 

“I’m so sorry. For everything that I have done, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you but—“

 

“Really?" Seohyun smirked.

 

“You didn’t mean to hurt me so you blackmailed me when my fiancée got in an accident? You didn’t mean to hurt me so you sleep with JiHoo. Is that what you’re trying to say?” she added as she watched HyunJae wiped her tears. She thought she can do this easily.

 

“It’s not like that Unnie—“

 

“Unnie? You still have the guts to call me that ?!” Seohyun’s voice is full anger. She was trying to control herself for she doesn’t want to make a scene.

 

HyunJae took a deep breath before talking. ‘This is it, the moment of truth.’ Seohyun is definitely mad at her or should she say still mad at her. It’s pretty obvious but she doesn’t mind. She needs to end everything. The moment she opens to talk, she feels like she is doing the right thing for the very first time in her life.

 

“I really didn’t plan to blackmail you, I just don’t have a choice. My father is forcing me to marry that Chinese old man, I got scared. I was about to tell you but then the car accident happened. I thought of an idea because I know that if I’ll tell you my plan, neither you nor YongHwa Oppa will cooperate with me. I got scared at the same time I know that I was so selfish. I was dating JiHoo that time and Appa doesn't like him for me.”

 

Seohyun who was shocked with what HyunJae told her but she said nothing. She just looked at her who was wiping her tears. She knows who that Chinese old man she was talking about was. How can she forget that? He was the one who molested HyunJae and scared her, he’s a real psycho.

 

“If you have told me, I would help you. How can you conclude what we will think about you? We all know what kind of bastard that guy is. If you told me, I could have protected you. When he molested you, I was the one who first confronted him. When your father came to our school, talking bullsh*ts about you because  according to him you humiliate him, who defended you? Me. When the people judges and bullied you, who was there to protect you?” Seohyun wiped her tears that she was trying to hold since she entered the shop.

 

“Me. HyunJae, I was there when you had those bad times. I protected you more than a friend should do. I have defended you with all those judgmental people. Why? Because I value you not just a friend, because for crying out loud HyunJae, I treated you like my own sister! But what did you do? When he got in an accident, you threatened me! You ing told me that you will not cure him not unless I agree with your terms. YOU. RUINED.MY.LIFE.”

 

“I’m so sorry Unnie. Please forgive me.I’m really sorry.” HyunJae said in between her sobs.

 

“Sorry?!” Seohyun whispered then she smirks. She brushes her hand through her hair. She looked at HyunJae raising her right eyebrow.

 

“Do you ever have any idea what happened to me because of your selfishness?” She looked at her sternly. She wiped her tears which keep on flowing. ‘Damn these tears!’

 

“I made him hate me and most of all, I have raised our son ALONE. I am a single mother because of your selfishness!"

 

Author's Note:

 

7 more chapters to go, I think? Hahahahahaha! So what can you say about the final twist? I was aiming to surprise my dear readers because I am really overwhelmed by the support that you're giving MAPLS. So I hope I surprised you with my final twist. I tried hard not to give hint about this. More revelations to come on the next update, so see you and THANK YOU.

 

~ilovegoguma29~