Chapter 26

My ALMOST Perfect Lovestory

 

 

Seohyun was really disappointed to see her working table outside the CEO’s office. It was located just beside the door actually, she frowned, ‘I thought we’re okay now? He has been acting sweet since this morning so I thought we’re okay now. Is this his revenge? To make me feel bad by letting me work outside his office.’

 

Seohyun who got really disappointed decided to ask YongHwa herself so she opened the door to his office without knocking. Well, she’s used in entering his office without knocking but this time was different. She should have knocked; she almost lost her balance when she saw what’s happening inside his office. She holds on the knob tightly, she felt like she wanted to cry but she know she can’t show them their weakness.

 

She bit her lower lip when she saw a woman in white fitted y dress sitting on her husband’s table, her crossed legs facing him while they were chatting happily. ‘He’s enjoying the scene’ she thought, at that moment, she wanted to stab that of the woman but she needs to calm herself, violence is not in her vocabulary.

 

When she thinks she’s already calm, she coughed a little which made the two turned to her direction. YongHwa stands up as soon as she saw Seohyun by the door looking at him.

“Am I interrupting something?” she coldly said.

 

“Don’t you know how to knock before entering?!” The woman yelled at her while looking at her from head to toe. ‘Okay,she’s ier than me but this doesn’t mean she can shout at me.’ She thought as she saw YongHwa whispered something to the woman, she just rolled her eyes to Seohyun.

 

“J-Joohyun,it’s not what you’re thinking.” YongHwa then ran to her side.

 

“Wae? What do you think I’m thinking?” She said coldly looking at his eyes.

 

“Oppa, you need to fire that girl, what’s your position here? Don’t you know the proper etiquette, Miss?”

 

“NANA!” YongHwa yelled.

 

Seohyun smirked, “Proper etiquette? Do you want me to tell you what proper etiquette is? As far as I know, sitting on the table while seducing MY husband is NOT a proper etiquette.” Seohyun glared at the woman.

“Husband? As far as I know, YongHwa Oppa is divorced.” She then turned to YongHwa  who is slightly grabbing Seohyun’s arms.

 

“Oppa, who is she?!” The woman asked him. YongHwa was about to say something when Seohyun raised his hand, then her right hand, obviously showing their wedding rings.

 

“Divorced? The last time I know, we’re not yet divorced so I’m still his WIFE. He’s still wearing our wedding rings and so do I, so WE.ARE.STILL.MARRIED. Do you get that?”

 

The woman was shocked with what Seohyun said while YongHwa tried hard to suppress my laugh.

 

The woman who was about to say something was cut off by Seohyun, “Let me just be clear to you, I do not intend to share my husband to anyone, not to a . You should know your limits for I won’t stand still, the next time I caught you flirting, you’ll definitely wake up in the hospital.” Seohyun rolled her eyes to the woman who was left dumbfounded.

 

She then turned to YongHwa with those deadly glares, “And you, the next time you flirt, make sure I am not around. Early meeting huh? You even left your son to meet this woman?” She said, nose flaring.

 

“Hey, she’s just a friend, okay? There’s nothing going on. She-“

 

“I’m not interested to know her whereabouts, so if you’ll excuse me. I am so disgusted with the scene that I already forgot my purpose in coming here.” She coldly said glaring at the two people in front of her before walking out the door.

 

 

“Taeyeon-ssi, I just need to go out.” She told the woman in the front desk who is oblivious of what happened inside.

 

“Ne. But how about if  Hwejangnim looks for you?”

 

By hearing the word Hwejangnim, her blood starts to boil. “If he looks for me? Tell him, I went out to find another boyfriend.”

 

“NE?!” The young girl looked so surprised by what Seohyun told her but she just smiled at her.

 

She enters the lift still upset with what she saw at the office. ‘Why am I even disappointed? It’s not like we are really on dating stage. We’re just fixing our relationship but we’re not really together yet? That is right, on the eyes of everyone, we’re still a divorced couple. Why did I even show her our rings?! Mwo? Wife? Why did I even said that?!’ She was saying this to herself while inside the elevator until it opened.

 

“Oh?!” The woman who just enters looked so surprise to see her.

 

“Hello YoonA Unnie and JongHyun Oppa.” She tried to smile at the two people entering the lift.

 

“Yah, Are you okay?” JongHyun asked full of concerned.

 

“Ne,Oppa. I’m fine. Where are you going?”she changed the topic.

 

“Ohh, YongHwa asked YoonA to organize the vacation trip for tomorrow. I’m helping her out.” He smiled shyly.

 

“You’re helping unnie? Really Oppa?” She teased the man. She’s happy that YoonA and JongHyun are really getting along well now. Though they always fight at first, it turns out that they like each other, it’s been 3 months since they started dating. It’s so fascinating that they still blushed whenever she teased them. ‘I envy YoonA Unnie because she is so happy now. When will I ever have my happy ending?’ She thought as she looked at the couple being so sweet with each other.

 

 

She headed to the coffee shop to calm her nerves, JongHyun asked her if she wants to come with them but she rejected saying she needs to do something but the truth is she just wants to be alone.

 

Until now she still doesn’t understand herself why she acted that way. She heaved a sigh, the nth time since she entered the shop. Her reverie was cut when her phone suddenly vibrated.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Omma!” She smiled as soon as she heard her son’s voice.

 

“Oh YongJoo-ah. Are you in the airport now?” She said controlling her tears.

 

“Ne. Omma, I wanted to talk to Appa.”

 

“I’m outside YongJoo but I’ll tell him to call you.”

 

“Ne, Saranghaeyo Omma.” She wiped her tears.

 

“Na do. I love you so much my prince. Omma will visit you soon.”

 

After the call, she decided to go back to the office since YongJoo wants to talk to YongHwa badly before he flies back to Busan.

 

When she reaches the office, she approached Taeyeon.

 

“Did the meeting ended already?”

 

“Not yet but Hwejangnim came out and looked for you, he looks mad when I told him that you went out to look for another boyfriend.” Seohyun laughed hard when she heard what Taeyeon said. She really knows how to follow orders.

 

“Ahrasseo. Thank you Taeyeon-ssi. Remind me to treat you tomorrow on our outing.” The girl just bowed shyly.

 

She decided to enter the office again but she knocked this time, afraid that she might see something she won’t like.

 

“Come in” She heard YongHwa’s voice.

 

She enters, the woman is still there but this time she was sitting in front of YongHwa.

 

“H-Hey. W-Where have you been?” YongHwa came to her and asked her in a very sweet voice.

 

“Your son wants to talk to you. Call him now.” She said pretending she didn’t hear YongHwa’s question.

 

“Geure. I’ll call him now.” YongHwa said staring at her eyes.

 

“Use this, he’s using Yuri Unnie’s phone.” He handed her phone.

 

“I’ll leave now, I’m already interrupting something.” She turned around but stops when YongHwa slightly grabs her arm.

 

“Hyun—“

 

“Save it. I don’t really want to hear it.” She said wiping her tears before she went out the room.

 

YongHwa just took a deep breath when he saw her wiping her tears. He made her cry again. *sigh*

 

“Oppa—“

 

“Nana, I prohibit you to speak if it’s not related to business. Seriously, you went overboard.” He coldly said going back to his seat.

 

“I-I didn’t know that she’s Seohyun, okay? I’m sorry. I’ll talk to her later—“

 

“Don’t even dare to talk to her. I’ll fix this mess, so let’s get this meeting over and done with.”

 

Lee Nana is a daughter of one of his father’s business partner. She met her in Japan, two years ago. She is really y, he must admit but he’s never smitten to her, she has tried to seduce him many times but it really has no effect to him. Until the woman got tired and decides to remained close friends, he even told her about Seohyun but she never saw her. She just knew they are not together anymore. Nana came to his office this morning because she was the temporary Finance Head, as her father is busy negotiating in L.A. It just so happen that Seohyun found her in her comfortable position, sitting on the table.

 

Nana felt guilty when she found out that the woman who entered the room was in fact YongHwa’s wife but YongHwa said he’ll just fix it.

 

When the meeting was over, they came out the office together; they saw Seohyun busying herself in her table.

 

“I’ll go ahead now Oppa.” Nana smiled at him, she looked at Seohyun but YongHwa shakes his head so she just smiled then walks away.

 

“Hyun,”

 

“Ne, Hwejangnim?” She said formally.

 

He flinched when Seohyun addresses him formally.

 

“H-How about lunch?” he said.

 

“I’m busy. I’m sorry. You should have invited her.” She said without looking at him

 

YongHwa sighed, he will never win when Seohyun is in her jealousy mode.

 

“Ahrasseo, let’s talk when you’re not jealous anymore.”

 

“I’m not jealous. I don’t think I have the right to be jealous. We’re really not a couple.” Seohyun said looking straight to his eyes.

 

YongHwa looked at Taeyeon, afraid that she might heard what Seohyun said.

 

“You’re my wife Hyun.”

 

“Really? That’s what the other people think we are but to be honest, the thing that we have right now, it makes me wonder, what am I really to you Jung YongHwa ssi?”

 

He leans on her table which caught Seohyun off guard, “You’re my wife, JooHyun, Yongjoo is a proof that you are mine.” He whispered as he wipes a tear that falls from her eyes.

 

When Seohyun didn’t say anything, he added, “I moved your table as the maintenance will repaint the office, I know you hate the smell of paint so I asked them to move your table. I’ll go home early today, you can go home too, they’ll start the renovation this afternoon. I’ll just see you tomorrow.” YongHwa said, sadness is written all over her face while Seohyun felt guilty with her actions. She closed her eyes when YongHwa enters the room. ‘What did I do?’

 

When she finished doing her job, she decided to go home. She didn’t bother to even say goodbye to YongHwa. She just needs to be alone.

 

 

The next day, Seohyun woke up very early, today is the day where the whole staff of YS Company will be having their yearly vacation. It’s a tradition to the company that they usually have this annual vacation, all expenses paid by the CEO. This is their way of saying thank you for working hard through the year. Last year, they had a trip to Jeju, this time they will have a vacation at the beach. The event was supposed to be organized by Seohyun, she had been doing that since the she became a team manager of Interior Design Department, but since a lot of things happened, YongHwa ordered YoonA to organize the said vacation.

 

Seohyun and YoonA decided to go the YS Company where everyone will meet up before they headed to the beach together. YoonA picked her up at exactly six in the morning.

 

Since they didn’t talk a long time, they updated each other about what happened to them these past few weeks.

 

“So, he met YongJoo? How was it?” YoonA asked when she told her about what happened the other day.

 

“YongJoo had fun. He’s glad to see his father, Oppa, he’s happy to know YongJoo but he hates me for hiding it.” Seohyun said looking down.

 

“Hey, you can’t blame him. For six years, he didn’t know that he has a son and then suddenly, he’ll met YongJoo, I know that it wasn’t easy for him, try to understand.” YoonA said holding her hand; she looked at her and returned her gaze to the road.

 

 

“I know Unnie, but he was really acting weird. I know that he was really mad at me for hiding our son then the next day, he was so sweet so I thought that we’re already good and then yesterday, I saw him he was flirting with that y woman.” Her blood rushed down to her head as she remembers the scene yesterday.

 

“y woman?” YoonA asked.

 

“Hmmm..” Seohyun nodded looking outside the window.

 

“Nu gu?” YoonA got cuious.

 

“I don’t know, Oppa said she’s a friend. As if I’ll believe it. Ah! Mwolla! I don’t want to think about it.” She said shaking her head in frustration. She heard YoonA giggled.

 

“So is this the reason, why you’re wearing y outfit today?” Seohyun was shocked with what YoonA said.

 

“M-Mwo?! W-What do you mean?! This is summer outfit! This is not y outfit Unnie.” She defended herself, YoonA just laughed while nodding at her. Seohyun felt her became hot.

 

Seohyun is actually wearing a white tank top which she covered with pink stripes long sleeves which she left ed and just tied both ends into a ribbon, then she folded the sleeves to her elbow. Then she paired it with denim shorts.

 

She just didn’t mind YoonA’s teasing until they reached YS Company.

 

When they arrived, there were vans parked outside the building. People greeted her as they saw her getting out of YoonA’s car.

 

“Are we all here now? Department heads please check the number of your staff before we leave.” She announced while looking around.

 

“Hwejangnim is not yet here.” The petite woman in front of her stated.

 

“He’s here!” Yoona shouted as they saw his car parked.

 

Seohyun raised her right eyebrow when she saw the person who gets out of the car. It was the same woman that she saw yesterday. ‘He didn’t picked me up but he’s with that girl?!’

 

People began whispering, some were looking at her, wondering who was the woman who gets out of her fiancee’s car.

 

“Who is she?” YoonA whispered.

 

“She’s a .” She whispered back grabbing the checklist from YoonA’s hands and walked towards their direction.

 

“Hyun, I—“

 

“Please sign on the attendance so we can go now.” She said coldly.

 

“Unnie.” She turned to the woman and raised her right eyebrow.

 

“As far as I can remember, I don’t know you. Back off while I’m still being nice.” She glared at the woman.

 

She was about to turned around but YongHwa grabbed her hand.

 

“Where are you going?” He asked

 

“I’m going with YoonA Unnie—“

 

“No, you will go with me.Get in the car.” YongHwa sternly said.

 

‘So he’s mad now?’ Seohyun rolled her eyes, “Shiro.” She coldly said.

 

“Yeobo,Are we going to argue about this? In front of our people, Hyun? Please. Get inside.” YongHwa said in his sweet voice. Seohyun glared at the woman before finally getting inside the car.

 

YongHwa said something to the people outside before finally getting in the driver seat. He looked at Seohyun, “Are you still mad?”

 

She was about to answer when Nana get in the back seat. Seohyun laughed sarcastically and glared at YongHwa.

 

“Seriously? She’s going with us?! Inside your car?!”

 

“Hyun, there’s no vacant seats available in those vans. Come on, she’s just a friend. She’s not what you think she is.” YongHwa said trying to explain but Seohyun just rolled her eyes and say “Whatever”

 

 

The ride to the beach was quiet, Nana who can feel the tension just sleep at the backseat, YongHwa warned her not to talk to Seohyun as it might get her mad even more. Seohyun continued staring out of the window, when she got tired she closed her eyes to sleep.

 

Suddenly, she felt someone holding her hand. She opened her eyes and looked at her hand which is now intertwined with YongHwa’s hand. She looked at him but the man acts as if he’s doing nothing.

 

“What are you doing?” She asked him.

 

The red light is on so YongHwa stop, he looked at Seohyun smiling. “Please don’t be mad.” He whispered.

 

“I’m not mad.” She then turned to look out the window again. The light went green so YongHwa drives again.

 

“You’re not mad but you’re jealous?” YongHwa smirked, he looked at Seohyun who turned to him with a blushed face.

 

“Please focus on driving! And please, I am not jealous!” She snorted.

 

YongHwa squeezed her hand. “She’s just a friend. There’s really nothing going on. You just misunderstood everything yesterday.”

 

Seohyun tried to let go from his hold but YongHwa held it tightly.

 

“Oppa, we’ll get in an accident if you’re going to drive with only one hand.”

 

“I will not let go of your hand not until you tell me you’re not mad anymore.”

 

Seohyun heaved a sigh but she didn’t answer. She went back on looking outside the window. She noticed that the car made a turn to a gasoline station. She remained quiet when Nana told them that she’ll use the bathroom.

 

She was looking at the window when she felt YongHwa is poking her shoulder. She gets annoyed so she turned around ready to yelled at him.

 

“WHA—“ Her eyes grew wider when her lips suddenly met his. She was about to pull away but YongHwa cupped her face and kissed her deeper. For some reason, a tear suddenly escaped from her eyes, she closed her eyes, encirled her hand to his nape and responded to his kisses, until they are kissing passionately. Both were panting when they pulled away.

 

YongHwa wiped her tears. “I love you. There’s only you. You know that,right?”

 

She nods and whispered, “Ne.” YongHwa smiled and gave her a peck on the lips before he holds again her hand. Seohyun is already smiling when Nana came back to the car. They were already laughing and Seohyun was lightly hitting YongHwa’s arm when the guy tells her jokes. Nana smiled seeing the couple so sweet. She knows how much YongHwa loves his wife, he loves her so much that he’s not even affected by other girl’s charm and her charm is not an exception. Well, she must admit that Seohyun is really pretty and y. She is the perfect definition of every man’s ideal type. In her own opinion, she really looks like a goddess though she wears simple clothes. No wonder, YongHwa is smitten by her.

 

“Oh by the way, I forgot to give back your phone yesterday. You already went home when I went out. Here.” He handed her the phone that he used to call YongJoo yesterday.

 

Just like that he continues to drive until they reach their destination.

 

 

“Oppa, I’ll just go find YoonA Unnie so I’ll know the room assignments.” Seohyun said as she watches YongHwa puts out their luggages.

 

“Okay, I’ll just follow you.”YongHwa said smiling.

 

She smiled when she realized where they are, it’s a white sand beach where the guests can stay at different kinds of cabin.

 

When she got inside the reception area, she noticed that YoonA seems like arguing with the receptionist so she came closer.

 

“What are you saying?! I have reserved 50 cabins!How did it become 49?!” YoonA was trying to control herself.

 

“I-I’m sorry Ma’am.” The girl bowed at her.

 

“What’s the matter?” Seohyun asked. Everybody looked at her.

 

“S-Samonim! A-Anneonghaseyo!” The little lady bowed at her. She smiled when she recognized who the girl is.

 

“SAMONIM?!” Everyone said in unison.

 

Seohyun shook her head. “YongHwa Oppa’s family owned this resort.” She turned to the girl.

 

“It’s been a long time, Ye won-ssi. Have you been well?” She asked.

 

“N-Ne.” The girl is obviously nervous.

 

“Will you tell me what the matter is?”

 

“W-We have reserved 49 cabins only Samonim. Our staff forgot to informed you that there are only 49 cabins left when Miss Im have her reservation. There are no cabins available since it’s weekend.” Seohyun nodded upon hearing what Ye won said.

 

“Jeongmal Jeseonghamnida Samonim.” The girl bowed again.

 

“What’s the matter?” They all turned to YongHwa who just arrived.

 

“Oppa, only 49 rooms were reserved, we need one more cabin.” Seohyun said.

 

“Geure? How many are supposed to stay in that cabin?” YongHwa asked.

 

“That was the cabin reserved for Seohyun and YoonA” JongHyun replied.

 

“YoonA ssi, is it okay if you’ll stay with the other staff?” YongHwa asked YoonA which the latter agreed.

 

“As for Seohyun, we’ll just share one room.”

 

“MWORAGO?!?!” Seohyun was shocked with what she heard. While everyone just laughed at her reactions.

 

“Hyun, it’s not like we did not sleep in one room before.” YongHwa whispered to her which made her blushed.

 

Author's Note:

 

Okay. Mianhe, I think this is one long boring update? I'll make it up to you on the next update. Thank you so much for reading though I'm afraid I won't reach your expectation but I'll try my best:) 

 

Last 4 updates. Will you be with me til the end? *sobs*

 

~ilovegoguma29~