Chapter 17

My ALMOST Perfect Lovestory

 

 

“Miss Seo, the flowers have arrived.” I heard a staff from the other line said. I pressed the button that is attached on my dress near my chest.

 

“Okay. I’m coming to check them.” I hurriedly went to the lift, I don’t have any time. The party will start soon and there are still a lot of things to be done.

 

It’s been a week since JiHoo Oppa left for Jeju and since then we never fail to call each other or if our schedule permits we talked over video call. I can really say that everything is going great with our relationship although we are far from each other.

 

If everything is doing well between me and my boyfriend, it’s the opposite with my boss or my ex-husband or his ‘fiancee’ as he called it. After the day that we saw him at the parking space, he acts so weird, although he already asked an apology and I know that he was sincere when he did that, I still find it weird. After that day, I was already eager to ask him about HyunJae but everytime I opened the topic, he always diverts my attention. Sometimes, he even changed the topic. Maybe it’s something really bad that’s why he doesn’t want to talk about it. Yoona Unnie once told me that maybe they broke up, I don’t think it’s true, Oppa is not the type of person who lets go easily. I know because I was once his girlfriend.

To be honest, I haven’t seen HyunJae for a week already. No matter how I don’t like that girl, I’m hoping that everything is fine with her.

 

After a few minutes, I reached his private pad, I keyed in the code and entered the unit.

 

“Ya! Kim HyunJae, why can’t I call you?! Don’t you dare do something stupid. Call me when you receive this message! Aish! You always makes me worry!”

 

I stopped talking when I heard him shouting while talking on the phone.

 

He turned around and looked so surprised when he saw me.

 

“Seohyun-ah, H-How long have you been there?” He asked as he put on his white suit.

 

“I just arrived Oppa.” I tried to smile. To be honest, I felt really scared when he’s raising his voice.

 

“Okay. Is everything fine downstairs?”

 

“Ne. Everything is fine.” I nodded. “The party will start as soon as we got there.” I continued.

 

“Okay. I’m ready. Let’s go.” He said walking ahead of me.

 

“Wait.” I grabbed his hand.

 

“Wae?”

 

I shook my head and walked to face him. “Until now you don’t know how to fix your tie.” I said smiling.

 

“Oh, yeah..” He whispered.

 

I lift up my hands to fix his tie, suddenly my heart beats faster as I continue on fixing his tie.

 

He suddenly holds my hands that made me stop from what I’m doing.

 

“Why are you so nervous? It’s not like this is the first time you did this.” He’s teasing me. I can feel it.

 

“N-Nervous? I-I’m not nervous. Why should I?”

 

“You’re cold hands says it all, Hyun.”

 

“Y-You’re imagining things again. It’s done. Let’s go.” I said as I finished fixing his tie. I smiled and looked at him only to find him staring at me, our face is just an inch closer.

 

“I miss this.” He whispered still looking at me.

 

I ignore what he said and step backed before anything not so good happened again. He’s back in confusing my feelings. I thought he already stop when he saw me and JiHoo Oppa last week.

 

I took a deep breath before talking.

 

“L-Let’s go. They are waiting.” I said as if nothing happened.

We’re both not talking while we’re inside the lift.

 

“Hyun.” He called me by that name again.

 

“N-Ne?”

 

“C-Can we talk after the party? There’s something very important that I want to tell you.” He sounded so serious.

 

Although, I don’t feel good about his request, I need to talk to him to ask permission about my plan so I brushed all those bad feelings away. We’re just going to talk anyway.

 

“O-Okay.” I tried to smile.

 

 

 

When YongHwa and SeoHyun finally arrived at the Social hall, where the welcome party is happening, the loud music is already playing, a sign that the party is already starting.

 

“You organized this?” He asked as they entered the hall. People that they pass by greet them.

 

“Yes.” Seohyun smiled but not looking at him. She’s busy greeting the guests.

 

“Thank you.” YongHwa said as he holds her hand. Seohyun was surprised with what he did so she turned around.

 

“Why?” YongHwa asked when he saw Seohyun’s expression. But instead of answering him,she just looked at their holding hands or rather to YongHwa’s hands holding hers.

 

“O-Oppa, what are you doing?” She whispered.

 

“Holding my girl’s hand?” He said matter of factly.

 

“I-I’m not—“

 

“We are inside this company, so you’re my girl. You’re mine JooHyun.”

Seohyun was about to say something but YongHwa covered with his finger that made her stop.

 

“Stop complaining or I’ll kiss you here, in front of these people.”

 

It is cold in the hall but Seohyun can’t understand why she suddenly felt hot. She looked away.

 

“I really like it when you’re blushing.” YongHwa .

 

“I’m not blushing.”

 

“Come on, you can’t hide your cheeks that are as red as a tomato. We are in a well-lighted place, just so you know.”

 

“Oh stop it. Let’s go to our table. People are staring at us.” Seohyun walked ahead of him. He just smiled.

 

“This is going to be interesting.”

“Omo! Look who’s here?” They heard a voice behind them so they both turned around.

 

“Omoni! Abeoji!” Seohyun hugged YongHwa’s parents.

 

“Aigoo. Have you been well?” YongHwa’s dad asked her after the hug.

 

“Yes, Abeoji. How about you? Have you been well?” Seohyun asked back.

 

“Well, we’re fine although we have a very stubborn son but there’s nothing we can’t handle.”

 

“Mwo? Stubborn? Me?” YongHwa teased the three people in front of him.

 

“Wae? Aren’t you?” His Mom replied.

 

“Yah, Joohyun-ah, is he taking care of you?” His Mom asked Seohyun.

 

She was about to answer when his father asked again.

“Are you having a hard time dealing with this man?”

 

Seohyun looked at YongHwa who was smiling then she smiled at his parents.

 

“Aniyo. He’s being considerate. As yu have said, there’s nothing I can’t handle.”

 

“Aigoo. Seeing you is like feeling the old times. The only difference is—“ His mom did not finished what she’s saying when his father tapped her shoulder.

 

Seohyun knew what she means. “I’m sorry Omoni.”

 

“Aigoo, you’re being dramatic guys. Come, let’s bring you to your seat, Omoni, Abeoji.” YongHwa told his parents.

 

“I’m fixing everything Mom. Don’t worry.” YongHwa whispered to his Mom when the old woman is finally seated. The glow at her eyes was clearly seen. He bowed to  his parents before going to where Seohyun is standing.

 

Their table is located near the stage, a lot of business partners were in the same table with them. They smiled as they saw the couple.

 

YongHwa pulled a chair for Seohyun.

 

“Hi gentlemen, I’m glad you’re here.” YongHwa said as he sits next to Seohyun.

 

“We don’t wanna miss this welcome party for you.” One man in black suit said.

 

“This is a great party. I heard you’re the one who organized this?” A man in grey suit asked Seohyun.

 

“Ah..Ne, Kamsahamnida.” Seohyun bowed.

 

“I really have a great fiancée.” YongHwa puts his right hand at Seohyun’s shoulder.

 

“You’re so lucky Mr.President.”

“I know, Thank you.”

 

“You’re too proud of yourself.” Seohyun whispered to YongHwa.

 

“Ani. I’m just proud of you.” He whispered back.

 

“I hope you won’t forget that we aren’t real—“

 

Seohyun wasn’t able to continue what she’s saying when the MC called YongHwa to give his speech.

 

“Save it later, Yeobo.” He teased as he stand and Seohyun can’t do anything but to rolled her eyes. Good thing, those people on their table thought they are just having an intimate talk.

 

A round of applause was heard as YongHwa went up the stage.

 

“So, how long have you been together with the President?”

 

A young man beside Seohyun suddenly asked asked her as YongHwa started his speech.

 

“We’ve known each other since we were college.” Seohyun smiled.

 

“Oh, you went to the same university?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“College Sweethearts. Aren’t they so good together?” An older woman said.

 

“Good is an underrated word Miss Choi, they are perfect. Have you seen how intimate they are a while ago? It seems like they don’t see us here.” An old man beside the woman .

 

“A-Aniyo..It’s really not like that.” Seohyun shakes her hand and head at the same time.

 

“Look how she’s blushing. Aigoo..kids these days. I was also like that when my my husband and I were not yet married.”

 

“And I would also like to thank the person who made this welcome party more than I expected.” Seohyun was about to say something when she heard YongHwa’s sppech. So she turned her head only to find YongHwa looking at her direction.

 

“ Everyone, the girl in blue dress at that table was the person behind this party.  My fiancée. Miss Seo Joo Hyun.” YongHwa said pointing at their table. Seohyun was so shocked that she didn’t notice the people looking at her as they clapped their hands.

 

‘Why did he introduce me to everyone? Is he crazy?’ This is what Seohyun was thinking as she slowly stands up to bow at everyone.

 

Seohyun didn’t talk to YongHwa after his speech and YongHwa know the reason why. He’s expecting Seohyun’s reaction will be like this. He doesn’t want her to be shocked but he needs to do this.

 

She didn’t talk to him until the party was over. Seohyun is fixing her pouch when YongHwa came to her side.

 

“Seohyun-ah, can I talk to you?”

“Ne, I was about to ask you that.” Seohyun said closing her pouch. She didn’t say a word after that and just walked to exit the hall. YongHwa followed her.

 

“I’ll give you a ride on your way home.” He said while they are inside the elevator.

 

“I don’t need a ride, I have my car.” Seohyun said without looking at him.

 

YongHwa hold her by the elbow. “Hyun, please. We’ll talk on our way.”

 

Seohyun heaved a sigh and looked at the man beside him. “Ahrasseo. Why do you like making things so complicated?” YongHwa just smiled so she rolled her eyes.

 

When they are inside the car, Seohyun didn’t say anything. She was still mad and to be honest, she wanted to yell at him or just punch him because of the things that he said a while ago, but since the guy is driving her home, she can’t do those things.

 

Seohyun was in the middle of her train of thoughts when he notice the car stopped. She looked outside and she saw familiar place.

 

“W-Why are we here?” Seohyun asked.

 

Instead of answering her, YongHwa got out of the car and after a few seconds he also opened the door at her side.

 

YongHwa sat at the hood of his car and Seohyun just looked at him.

 

“I said, why are we here?” Seohyun asked again when YongHwa didn’t answer her question a while ago.

 

“Do you remember this place? It’s where I brought you after our first date as a real couple.”

 

Seohyun looked around the area. They are under the bridge of the Han River. She will never forget this place, this place holds a special memories to her. They love this place, sometimes, after a tiring day at school, they will go here to relax, and also a lot of things happened to them here. Their first kiss happened here after they celebrated their birthdays, since their birthdays fall on the same month with only a week gap, they always celebrated it after Seohyun’s birthday.

 

“Y-Yes.” She answered. “But why did you bring me here?”

“Can you still remember how I proposed to you at that time? It happened here.” YongHwa said hugging his knees.

 

Seohyun remembered how YongHwa proposed to her during that time, they were in the middle of their picnic when huge water boat with a big banner that has a word “WILL YOU BE MY BETTER HALF, JOOHYUN?” The words are in BLUE and PINK lights that’s why it can be clearly seen although it was already late at night. She can still remember that moment as if it just happened yesterday.

 

“I was so happy when you said YES at that time. You never know how nervous I am before I brought you here.” YongHwa said smiling.

 

“Oppa, why are you doing this? What we—“

 

“Let’s start again, JooHyun.” Seohyun was surprised with what she heard.

 

She waited for the moment where YongHwa will say he’s just joking but all she see is a very serious YongHwa.

 

Seohyun tried hard to swallow a hard lump on before finally talking.

 

“D-Does it ever occur to you that I have a boyfriend?” Seohyun said still looking at YongHwa.

 

“Yes. I know that. But I’ll never give up. I am not rushing you, I know that you have a boyfriend now, but I hope you’ll still consider my feelings JooHyun.” YongHwa said sliding down the hood to stand beside her.

 

Seohyun shook her head. “ Are you insane? How about Hyunjae? You’re going to hurt her. She’s your real fiancée.”

 

“HyunJae and I are not engaged.”

 

Seohyun turned to YongHwa with a shocked look.

 

“The engagement was not real. Five years ago, their business faced a huge problem, so her father forced her to marry a Chinese businessman. You know her father, what he wants, he’ll do anything to get it.”

 

Seohyun looked away, she knows HyunJae’s dad was a very bad person. It was not a secret to HyunJae’s friends, including her. They all know her father’s personalities.

 

“During that time, HyunJae had a boyfriend but he’s not a businessman neither his family so her father disapproves about their relationship. So, one night, HyunJae asked a favor to me, she asked me if I can pretend to be her fiancée for just a few months. At first, I hated the idea because I know she has a boyfriend but she told me that it was actually their plan, we’re going to pretend that we are in love and we’re planning to get married while Ji—his boyfriend will study abroad to start his own business, and when he gets back, we’ll call off the wedding and we’ll tell her father the truth.”

 

Seohyun looked so confuse with what she heard. Why is he telling her these?

She was about to ask him this question when she heard YongHwa speak again.

 

“That was our plan, it was good, everything was going good until suddenly the guy stop calling her. No Email, text message, or phone calls. She was so depressed so I told her, I’ll help her that’s why we faked the engagement until now. But as of the moment we’re talking, she already told her father that we’ll cancel the wedding.”

 

Seohyun who was so confused and shocked at the same time looked at Yonghwa. “Why are you telling me these? This will never change the fact that I still have a boyfriend.”

 

“I know. I am aware of that, I just want you to know that since then, there’s only you Hyun. It’s only you. I love HyunJae but I love her as my sister and she knows that.”

 

“Oppa—“

 

“I am not going to rush you JooHyun. I’m sorry if you were shocked that I introduced you to everyone at the party but I have no choice. I think I have to do it because if I didn’t I’m scared that I might lose you again.”

 

Seohyun didn’t know what to say so she just stared down. He held Seohyun’s chin so she was facing him.

 

“I love you Hyun but I will give you enough time to consider my feelings. I will wait Hyun. I’ll wait even if it takes forever. I’ll wait for the day where I can hear you say those words again.”

 

“Keumanhe Oppa. You’re just wasting your time. I don’t wanna hurt my –“

Seohyun didn’t finish what she’s saying when YongHwa suddenly hug her. He hugs her so tight.

 

“Save it Hyun. I don’t wanna hear it. I’ll wait because I know you’ll come back to me.”

 

“What if I don’t?” Seohyun swallowed the hard lump on .

 

“I will do everything to get you back. I’m going to let you see that I am the right guy for you.”

 

“You’re impossible.”

 

“It’s because I love you.”

 

YongHwa finally let go of her. “It’s getting late, I’ll bring you home now.”

 

Seohyun felt so weak after the hug. Suddenly, her heart beats faster. She feels weird but she didn’t let YongHwa noticed it. She just nods and followed YongHwa who opened the car for her.

 

She knows she still love this guy but is it possible that she loves him more than her boyfriend? ‘Am I cheating on JiHoo Oppa?Oh God. Ottokke?’ These are JooHyun’s thought before YongHwa started the engine.

 

“Don’t worry. You’re not cheating on him. I just let you know my feelings and I just told you to consider my feelings. That’s not cheating.”

 

Seohyun turned to YongHwa with a shocked face. “Ottokke Ahrasso?” She whispered but YongHwa heard it.

 

YongHwa pats her head. “ I know you very well JooHyun. I know you.” Then YongHwa started to drive.

 

The drive to her home was a quiet one. Both of them didn’t talk until they reach her house. Seohyun was surprised that he knows her apartment.

 

“H-How did you know I still live here?”

 

“I just know. I know you’re not gonna leave this place. I remember how my Mom offered you a bigger place but you refused it. You said that this house holds a special place in your heart. I remember how you told me that you’re not going to sell even if our house was built.”

 

YongHwa said smiling. He unbuckled his seatbelt. ‘Our house’ Why does it feel so nice hearing that word. They had built their own house even before the supposed to be wedding. Sometimes, they will stay there, it’s like their second home. But Seohyun didn’t visit there after she left him.

 

“I’m staying at our house now. If you’re going to ask, how was it, it’s still the same, I didn’t change its interior. I moved there last week. Just so you know.”

 

“Ah,ne..” is all Seohyun said before she unbuckled her seatbelt.

 

“Oh by the way, I remember, It’s his birthday tomorrow,right?” YongHwa asked when they got out of the car.

 


“Ne?”

 

“JiHoo. I saw it on the employee’s file a while ago. Tomorrow is his birthday.”

 

“Ah, yes..But—“

 

“You can take a leave then. You can go to Jeju and celebrate it.” Seohyun was surprised with YongHwa’s kindness but she still feel bad about it. She knows why he’s doing this.

 

“Oppa, I still don’t think it’s right for you to do this. Don’t do this.”

 

“Hyun-ah, I am doing this because I want you to be happy, I’m not doing this because I want you to consider my feelings. To be honest, if  you’ll ask me, I’m not going to let you off but I’m not selfish, and I know that no matter how I tell you how much I love you, he will still be your priority. I know that because I was once your priority. I’m hoping that one day, I will be your priority. Again.”

 

“I will let you go to Jeju but I am expecting that you’ll be back on Monday. Please come back.”

 

YongHwa then kissed Seohyun on her forehead before finally driving away.

 

“Why are you doing this to me? Stop this or I might hurt JiHoo Oppa.” Seohyun whispered.

 

 

 

Author's Note:

 

Hey Guys! I'm back! Sorry for not updating this story for a long time. Hahahahaha! Been really busy and oh I might post my very own BLUEMOON MANILA FANACCOUNT although it's very late already. I might post it one of these days.

 

And to make up for my super duper late update, I posted Chapter 18 too!! So enjoy~

 

~ilovegoguma29~