Chapter 25

My ALMOST Perfect Lovestory

 

“OMMA!” A tiny voice of a boy that just entered the shop came running towards Seohyun and hug her waist.

 

Yuri gasped the moment she saw YongJoo enter and YongHwa’s reaction. He is obviously shocked; his sudden widening of eyes tells it all.

 

‘Omma?!’ He thought, he wanted to asked Seohyun but for some reasons, he can’t open his mouth, he just stood there immobile watching how that little boy is hugging Seohyun.

 

“OMMA!” Seohyun froze the moment she heard his son’s voice. She kneeled down so YongJoo can see her face clearly. She swallowed a hard lump on , suddenly tears are starting to stream down her face.

 

“Y-YongJoo-ah,” she hugs him tightly oblivious of YongHwa who is very surprised. He has so many questions but he didn’t know where to start. When he heard the boy calls her ‘OMMA’ he feels like someone poured him a cold water.

“Omma, Waeyo? Why are you crying? Hmm?” YongJoo said when they pulled away. He wiped her tears using his small hands which made Seohyun smile.

 

“A-Aniya, Omma just misses her prince very much.” Seohyun wiped her tears. YongJoo doesn’t like seeing her cry but she can’t help it. She misses him so much.

 

“Jeongmalyo? Na do Omma! I miss you too. Like this much Omma.” The he spread his little arms, Seohyun chuckled and hugs him again.

 

“Oh?!” Seohyun was shocked when she saw YongJoo turned to Yonghwa. She almost forgot that YongHwa is here witnessing everything. She looked at YongHwa who is staring at the little boy.

 

“APPA?! APPA!!!” YongJoo hugged YongHwa which caught him off guard.

 

‘Appa?! Did he just call me Appa?’ He thought as the little boy hugs him. He looked at Seohyun with a confusing look.

 

Seohyun covered to avoid louder sobs to come out.

 

“Appa! You finally came home! Na…*sniffs* I-I’m very happy to see you, Appa.” YongHwa who was still shocked slowly lift his hand to hug him. At that moment he knew he is his son. No doubt about it. YongJoo was already sobbing when he felt his father hug him.

 

“YongJoo-ah.” He finally says his name. It feels so good saying his name.

 

Seohyun bit her lower lip when he saw the scene. She was happy hearing YongHwa called their son’s name. She’s more than delighted actually. This was not what she was imagining for their meeting but she was grateful that the two finally met. Her dream came true after six long years. She wiped her tears which are continuously flowing from her eyes. She also hears her sister sobbing at her back, more than anyone, Yuri knew her hardships. She knows that this is what Seohyun wanted since she brought YongJoo to the world.

 

“Omma! Appa really came!” YongJoo is obviously happy, he keeps on jumping. She smiled back to her son who still can’t believe that his father is with him.

 

“Appa, Omma said, you’ve been working hard for us that’s why you never came home. That’s why I’m really happy that you’re here now.” YongJoo said, he talks like a grown up man but to be honest he’s just turning six.

 

“Mianhe YongJoo-ah. I’m so-sorry if Appa hasn’t been home. I will make it up to you. I promise.” YongHwa tried hard to hold back his tears. He hugs YongJoo once again.

 

“Jeongmalyo, Appa?! But I can’t stay here, I’m studying at Busan. Omma said I can’t be absent. Yuri Imo and I will go back tomorrow morning.” YongJoo’s smile faded away  then he smiled again as if he remembered something.

 

 

“Ahh! Appa, Yuri Imo told me, we will eat some ice cream, let’s go together? Hmm?” He was grabbing YongHwa’s hands already.

 

“YongJoo-ah,” Seohyun called him so he turned to his mother, he came to her when she motioned him to come to her.

 

Seohyun looked at YongHwa then to YongJoo, she gave her son a smile. “Appa--- uri Appa is a little busy now. Hmm? H-He—He’ll join us some other time.” YongJoo’s smile fades away when he heard what his mother told him. He knows what it means, he won’t spend time with his father. He looked down feeling sad. It broke Seohyun’s heart seeing her son with that expression.

 

“Why not?” YongJoo lifted his head and smiled happily when he heard what YongHwa said.

 

He left his mom and run toward YongHwa’s direction.

 

“Appa! You will come with us?! Jinjjayo?! Jinjjayo?? JINJJAYO?! Omma! Appa said he’ll come with us!” YongJoo cheerfully said while jumping.

 

“Of course! You want ice cream,right? Let’s go.” YongHwa stands up and followed by Seohyun.

 

“We’ll talk later” YongHwa seriously told Seohyun in a whisper, at that moment, she knew one thing, Yonghwa is definitely mad. Just when she thought everything is fine, she’s wrong. She heaved a sigh before she said goodbye to Yuri and followed the two outside.

 

====================================================================================

 

 

YongHwa ordered everything YongJoo wants which made Seohyun looked at their table with a shock expression. She gulped before turning to YongHwa and YongJoo who were eating heartily.

 

“O-Oppa..” Seohyun called him but he is too focus to YongJoo who is telling him some story.

 

“Oppa.” She called again which made YongHwa turned to her side.

 

“Wae?” YongHwa said without any expression that made her inside flinched.

 

“Y-You’re not---You’re not going to let him eat all of these, right?”

 

“Why not?”

 

“He might get an upset stomach. You can’t let him eat all of these!” Her mother instinct is now starting to move.

 

YongHwa who realized it then told YongJoo to just eat little and he’ll just bought him another one on their way back home which YongJoo agreed although he felt sad at first but Seohyun explained to her son what will happen if he ate too much ice cream.

 

“But Appa,” YongJoo called him.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Are you going home with us?” Seohyun stopped from eating her salad and looked at YongHwa who was caught off guard by his son’s questions. Seohyun puts down her spoon and carefully looked at YongHwa’s reaction who is obviously out of words.

 

“YongJoo-ah,” Seohyun called her son’s attention when she saw YongHwa didn’t talk. She heaved a sigh before she give YongJoo a smile.

 

“A-Appa still has to work. Y-You understand that, right?” Seohyun gently ask his son though she saw how YongJoo got teary eyed.

 

She holds his son’s hands. “YongJoo-ah, he’ll really visit and spends the whole day with you next time, besides, you can’t skip classes. Y-You have to go back to Busan tomorrow. Hmm?”

 

“Ne Omma.” YongJoo said before he continued eating. YongHwa’s heart skips when he saw YongJoo’s reaction. He felt like someone clenched his heart, so he decided to do what his son wanted.

 

“One night with my baby will not harm Appa, right?” He said still looking at his son.

 

Seohyun got surprised with what YongHwa said but upon seeing how YongJoo’s eyes sparkle because of too much happiness, she didn’t dare to oppose his decision.

 

====================================================================================

 

When they finished eating ice cream, YongJoo asked them if he can play at the park near the ice cream parlor which they both agree though it’s getting dark already. Just this once they will let YongJoo enjoy this moment. A moment where his parents are both by his side. They look like a happy family but the truth is they are not. Well, not yet.

 

They were watching YongJoo ride on a mini bicycle when YongHwa speaks. They just sat at the bench where they will see YongJoo clearly.

 

“Why you didn’t tell me?” He asked still looking at YongJoo who was waving at him while biking. He waves back at him while waiting for Seohyun’s reply. He saw Seohyun looked at her through his peripheral vision.He knows that the woman is nervous. ‘Why? Does she think I already forget what she did? She hides YongJoo to me. How can she do that?!’ he thought. He looked at Seohyun when the woman hasn’t talked yet.

 

Seohyun swallowed a hard lump in his throat. Her heart beat faster, so fast that she thinks it might explode. His stares are so making her scared. Her vision became blurry, she feels like she’s about to cry.

 

“I-I’m so sorry, I-I need to” She didn’t finished what she’s about to say when YongHwa cut him off. He’s mad, it’s obvious. She knows that he’s mad.

 

“He is my son, Joohyun! My God damn son! My OWN BLOOD! Why did you hide it from me?!” YongHwa was frustrated which made Seohyun become more nervous. He was trying hard not to shout as this might scare YongJoo. Seohyun who is already scared at YongHwa’s reaction just looked down on the ground while clenching her fist.

 

Seohyun wiped her tears when she saw YongJoo coming.

 

“YongJoo-ah, we need to go home now. You’ll catch a cold. The air is becoming cold now.” She said pretending that everything is fine.

 

“Ne!” YongJoo said cheerfully. The little boy obviously enjoyed the day. Seohyun smiled at her son, it was her first time to see YongJoo this happy though she knows YongHwa is mad somehow she felt so happy. ‘As long as my son is happy, I’m fine.’

 

YongHwa just quietly looked atYongJoo while Seohyun wiped his sweat. He really looks like him, YongJoo is obviously a little YongHwa. Those eyes and nose, you can really tell that he is his son.

 

“Appa! You’ll visit me next time,right?” YongHwa tried to smile though he’s still mad at Seohyun who became stiff upon hearing YongJoo’s question. He nods lightly and pats his head.

 

“Halmeoni! I miss Halmeoni and Harabeoji already. Can we go see them, too?” He heard Seohyun gasped so he looked at her with those stern look.

 

“Ahrasseo. Appa will fix his schedule and we’ll visit them.” YongJoo jumped happily as he heard what his father said. On the other hand, Seohyun felt so weak. She is aware that her son really talks a lot but she never thought that he will really say something that she should be the one telling him. She looked at YongHwa to explain but he stands up.

 

“Seriously, what other secrets are you not telling me?” he whispered to Seohyun before he stood up. Seohyun closed her eyes and took a deep breath. When she opened her eyes, she saw YongHwa carrying YongJoo already.

 

“Omma! Let’s go!” She heard YongJoo called which made her back to her senses. So with all her strength, she stands up and followed the two to the car.

 

The ride to Seohyun’s apartment where YongJoo and Yuri is staying is quiet. Seohyun never dared to talk to YongHwa, she knows he’s mad and it will just get worse if she speak. She just looked outside the window while YongJoo slept at the backseat.

 

When they reach her apartment, YongHwa carried YongJoo without even looking at Seohyun. They ride the elevator in silence until they reach her unit.

 

Seohyun carefully opened the door to her room and let YongHwa came in so he can put YongJoo to bed. Seohyun just stands on the doorway watching YongHwa covers YongJoo with a blanket. She saw how the man kisses YongJoo on the forehead which made her insides flinch. She bit her lower lip when she saw YongHwa’s shoulder shaking, ‘he’s crying’ she thought.  There are so many things she wanted to say but she doesn’t know where to start or how to start. For some reasons, she can’t even open to talk. She wiped her tears that starts to fall.

 

YongHwa have been holding his tears since he found out he has a son. ‘I’m really a father. This boy here is mine.’ he thought as he watches YongJoo sleeping soundly. He wiped his tears then stands up. When he turned around he saw Seohyun at the doorway, suddenly all his anger came back. He can’t believe that she hide YongJoo from him. ‘How can she do this to me?!’

 

“Oppa..” He heard her called.

 

“I’ll be back before he wakes up in the morning so he’ll thought that I sleep here. ” He said without looking at her.

 

Seohyun wiped her tears when she saw YongHwa left the room without even looking at her. She didn’t know that this situation will hurt her so much. ‘I’m sorry Oppa.’

 

==================================================================================

 

YongHwa decides to see his parents, there are so many questions running in his head now and he knows that his parents know the answer.

 

He then remembers what YongJoo said:

 

“Halmeoni! I miss Halmeoni and Harabeoji already. Can we go see them, too?”

 

‘Since when have been hiding this to me?’ He thought as he drives his way to the Jung Mansion.

 

His parents are having dinner when he arrives. Both looked so surprise to see him suddenly. His mother stands up immediately as soon as she saw him.

 

“Omo! YongHwa-ah, this is a surprise.” His mom was delighted to see her son. She seldom sees him after he moves to his house, months ago. The house that they gave to him and Seohyun before they got married in France. He decided to move there when things became better with her and Seohyun.

 

He gave a slight bow to his parents.

 

“Omoni, Abeoji, there’s something I want to ask you.” He begins.

 

“What is it that you really went here at this hour?” his father looks at him seriously. Her mother became nervous looking at her son’s expression. He looked so trouble.

 

“Son, you’re making Omma nervous. Did you have a fight with Seohyun?” his mother asked.

 

His parents are aware that they are trying to fix their relationship. The news made them happy. His mother and father loves Seohyun like their own daughter so the news really made them happy. His father who is usually quiet even told him that he is doing the right thing.

 

“Do you know that I have a son? With Joohyun?” he asked without removing his stare to his parents.

 

His mother covered as she heard his question while his father remained calm. He saw how his father and mother exchanged glances.

 

“So you knew?” He asked again.

 

His mom holds his hand. “I-I don’t know how you find out but I guess, you need to know the truth.” She said in a very serious tone.

 

“Follow me.” He was about to say something when his father cut him out. His mother holds his hand as they followed his father to his office.

 

They sat on the couch and he looked at his parents who looked so serious.

 

“YongHwa-ah,” his mother called him.

 

“I know this isn’t something that we should be telling you but maybe it’s already the right time.”

 

“Omoni, please tell me everything.” He pleaded trying to hold back his tears.

 

She looked at her husband first and when he nods he looked at YongHwa again.

 

“Before you had the accident, Seohyun met us and told us that she was pregnant. She showed us the test result after she had a checkup with her doctor, she told us to keep it a secret from you.She wanted to surprise you and we thought it was a good idea so we agreed. On the day of your accident, that was the day where she was supposed to surprise you.” His mother wiped her tears.

 

“When you got in an accident, she was devastated. It feels like she was too scared.” His father added. “Your life was at danger at that time, HyunJae told us that she wasn’t sure if you’ll survive. You don’t have any idea how painful it is for us to hear about that but we were all shocked with what HyunJae said next. She told Seohyun that she will not do the operation not unless she will promise to leave you.”

 

“W-What? T-That’s impossible! H-How can—“

 

“HyunJae puts all the blame to Seohyun, she said that she was the reason why you got in an accident. We told Seohyun that it wasn’t true and don’t believe on HyunJae but she thinks that Hyunjae was right. For some reason, Seohyun believes that she was the reason of your accident. We told her that we’ll just transfer you to other hospitals but maybe she knows how powerful Kim Family is. So, Seohyun agreed to leave you but in return Hyunjae must do everything to save you” His father added.

 

YongHwa who can’t believe with everything that he heard just looked down and brushed his fingers through his hair.

 

“Yonghwa-ah, it wasn’t her intention to hide everything from you. She just wants to save you.” His mother was crying while rubbing his shoulder.

 

“Son.” His father called him, he slowly turned his head to him.

 

“It’s okay son. You have to let it out.” He said calmly.

 

As if on cue his tears streamed down his face. He sobs harder when his mother hugs him really tight. His father walked towards him and pats his shoulder. For the second time since Seohyun left him six years ago, he cried, in front of his parents.

 

“What should I do Omma? I got mad at her, I didn’t know that she had a hard time because of me.” he said in between his sobs.

 

“ It’s okay Yonghwa-yah. It’s okay. I know she’ll understand you.” His mother said while he’s still hugging him.”

 

====================================================================================

 

After he talked to his parents he decided to drop by to the person who made their life miserable.

 

HyunJae.

 

The door opened at his first knock and he was surprised who opened the door. “So he came back?”

 

“Jihoo-ssi.” He called the guy.

 

“H-Hwejangnim.”

 

“Where’s HyunJae?” He asked then he enters her apartment without waiting for his reply. He saw Hyunjae going out of the room wearing an oversized shirt.

 

“O-Oppa. W-What brings you here?”

 

“I won’t take long as it looks like I am interrupting something. I saw my son today HyunJae, I also found out what you did to Seohyun six years ago. To be honest, I really want to file a case against you. What kind of doctor will do that HyunJae? What kind of friend are you?! But I know that Seohyun will just be upset if I’ll file a case so I won’t do it. No matter how you made her life difficult, she still cares about you.” He looks at JiHoo who was standing beside him then back to HyunJae.

 

“There’s only one thing I would like to ask to the two of you. Never come close to my wife and son. Don’t you dare or I won’t stand still. You don’t have any idea how much I want to hit you right now. Be thankful, you’re still a woman.” He said sternly to the woman who is obviously scared.

 

He turned around to walks out the door but JiHoo called him.

 

“P-Please take care of them.”

 

“You don’t have to tell me that, I know what to do.” He said without even looking at them.

 

 

Seohyun woke up to see Yongjoo and YongHwa sleeping peacefully.

 

“I thought he’ll come back this morning?” she asked herself smiling. She decided to tell YongHwa everything later, it’s about time he knows the truth.

 

She walks out of the room silently afraid that it might woke her two boys. She found Yuri preparing breakfast.

 

“Good morning. How’s your sleep?” Yuri is obviously teasing her.

 

“Geez Unnie, it’s so early. Besides, he’s mad at me, how do you think will I sleep?”

 

“Really? I don’t think he’s mad at you, he even kisses you last night.” What Yuri said shocked Seohyun that she even spit the water that she’s drinking.

 

“W-What?”

 

“I was about to knock at your door but the door is slightly opened then I saw him kissing you. I may be sleepy but my eyes won’t deceive me.” Yuri said smiling.

 

She was about to say something but she heard YongJoo and YongHwa’s voice who are coming out of the room.

 

“What time are you going back to Busan?” YongHwa asked Yuri while they are having breakfast.

 

“At 11 a.m. by the way, don’t bring us to the airposrt. I still have lots of things to do in the office before we go to Busan. I’ll just call you guys when we reach there.”

 

After breakfast, YongHwa have to leave early due to a meeting. He told Seohyun to just follow to the office so she can spend more time with YongJoo. YongHwa gave YongJoo a very tight hug and promised the kid that he will visit him soon which made YongJoo excited. He gave Seohyun a peck on the lips which caught her off guard.

 

“Let’s talk later.” He whispered before he leaves Seohyun blushing while YongJoo and Yuri giggled.

 

 

Seohyun drives Yuri and YongJoo to the coffee shop. She hugs YongJoo and as usual, she can’t control her tears.

 

“Omma will miss you. Please be good there, I’ll visit you soon. Okay?” YongJoo who is already crying just nods then hugs his mom once again.

 

Seohyun left the shop before she changed her mind. She drives straight to the company. When she reached the office, she was shocked to see her table outside.

 

“Taeyeon-ssi.” She called the newly hired receptionist of the office.

 

“Ne, Seohyun-ssi?” The girl answered immediately.

 

“Why is my table outside?”

 

“Ohh, President Jung ordered to put the table out this morning.” Taeyeon answered matter of factly.

 

Seohyun frowned, ‘I thought he’s not mad anymore. Why is he doing this? Is he trying to hurt me by putting my table outside?’ She thought as she put down her bag on her table.

 

She decided to ask YongHwa so she opened the door to his office without knocking but she almost lost her balance with what she saw.

 

There was a woman flirting with her husband. The woman was sitting on his table while talking to Yonghwa.

 

Seohyun composed herself. “Am I interrupting something?” she said, YongHwa stands immediately as soon as she heard Seohyun’s voice.

 

“J-Joohyun. I-It’s not what you’re thinking.”

 

Author's Note:

 

Because I got overwhelmed with your reaction on my last update here's an update for you guys. It seems like I surprised everyone with my twist? Hahahahaha! Thank you so much for those who still reads this. Let's be together til the end.

 

5 more updates and we'll be saying goodbye to MAPLS. *sobs*