Chapter 22

My ALMOST Perfect Lovestory

 

When YongHwa punched JiHoo, Seohyun panicked. The first thing that comes to her mind is to stop him from beating JiHoo, yes, she’s mad at JiHoo but she still thinks that beating him is not the right thing to do. So she hugged YongHwa to stop him from giving JiHoo another punch.

 

“Keumanhe Oppa. Jebal.” Seohyun whispered, a tear suddenly fell from her eyes.

 

YongHwa closed his eyes for a moment to calm himself and when he opened it he look at Seohyun and just nodded. “Ahrasseo” he said almost a whisper.

 

Seohyun hold his clenching fist and gently opened it while looking at his eyes, she shakes her head, as if  telling him to stop, YongHwa just heaved a sigh then he intertwined their fingers.

 

“Kaja Oppa.” Seohyun gently grabs his hand.

 

He throws a glare to JiHoo before they turned around to enter the lift.

 

“Gumawo.” They heard JiHoo speak. When they turned around, they saw JiHoo slowly standing up, wiping the blood from his mouth.

 

“MWORAGO?!” YongHwa yelled. “Are you really trying to piss me?!” YongHwa was about to step forward but he felt Seohyun hold him tightly. He looked at Seohyun with an annoyed face but Seohyun just shakes her head.

 

JiHoo looked at their hands, he feels like something clenched his heart. He smiled, a bitter one.

 

“No. I think I deserve that. Actually, more than that. Thank you for punching me but I did not go here for your beating, I want to talk to Seohyun.” JiHoo said looking at Seohyun. Seohyun then frowned.

 

‘What does he really want?!’ She thought.

 

“Keumanhe!” Seohyun said louder when YongHwa stepped forward again.

 

Seohyun looked around, she saw how people are staring at them while whispering at each other. They are absolutely making a scene.

 

“Oppa, you go first. I’ll just follow—“

 

“Seo Joo Hyun!” YongHwa cut her off. YongHwa is obviously mad, after what JiHoo did to her, she will still talk to him.

 

Seohyun gave him a liitle smile,  “Kwaenchana. We will just talk. I won’t be long, I promised.” She whispered then she looked around again. YongHwa noticed it and he understand her now, people are looking at them.

 

 

“Geure, Ahrasseo.” He said coldly. He looked at her first then to JiHoo before he turned his back.

 

He turned around but stop when Seohyun hold his hand and hugs him. “Please trust me. I need you to trust me now. Hmm?” she whispered.

 

YongHwa took a deep breath then he hug Seohyun tightly. “I always trust you. It’s him I don’t trust.” Then he looked at JiHoo who was staring at them.

 

‘Please don’t be mad.’ She thought as she let go of the hug. “I’ll be back.” Seohyun said smiling before YongHwa enters the lift.

 

Her smile faded away the moment the elevator close. He looked at JiHoo coldly, “Follow me.”

==================================================================

 

 

They are sitting inside the nearest café of the company. She decided that it will be better if they will talk outside the company to avoid people from talking about them. One thing Seohyun doesn’t like is people talking about her behind her back. She is aware how people are talking bad things about her when YongHwa announced that she is his fiancée, people judged her for being a gold digger and for being a because she left JiHoo for YongHwa. But aside from YoonA, only she and YongHwa knew what’s the real thing so she doesn’t let these rumors affects her.

 

Seohyun looked at her wristwatch, it has been already ten minutes since they enter this café but JiHoo remained quiet. He is just there, sitting in front of her, looking at her. She frowned.

 

“Are you just going to sit there and looked at me? I don’t have much time to waste. So either you will talk or I will leave.” She broke the silence.

 

JiHoo swallowed the hard lump on his throat. He can’t believe that Seohyun is so cold at him. ‘This is not the Seohyun that I know.’ he thought. But he can’t blame her, he hurt her. ‘I made her like this. This is my fault.’

 

Seohyun grabs her bag and ready to stand up when he speak. “I’m sorry.”

Seohyun looked at him raising her right eyebrow.

 

“I’m really sorry. I know that what I did is really unforgivable. I don’t know what to say right now aside from I’m really sorry.” He continued,  Seohyun looked away. She can’t look at him.

 

“HyunJae was the girl I was telling you before.” Seohyun looked at him upon hearing what he said. She was surprise with what she heard but she didn’t let him noticed it.

 

“She was my first love. I didn’t know that she is YongHwa’s fiancée and I didn’t know that she was the reason why you broke up with YongHwa before. I just found out everything after you left. I’m sorry for being a jerk.”

 

“Geure so? Why are you telling this to me? Ahh, to let me know that I was the one who interfere with your oh so perfect love story. To let me realize that I am the antagonist in your story? Is that it? So she’s back, she said sorry, you forgive her and then you instantly forget that I still exist. Just like that, JiHoo-ssi.” She snaps her fingers.

 

“Just like that, you forgot that you have a four year long girlfriend who believes you really love her. Who foolishly believe with all your lies.” She added full of hatred.

 

“Seohyun-ah, trust me—“

 

“TRUST?! You really want to talk about trust, right now?! To hell with that word! You don’t know anything about TRUST so don’t you dare talk about trust in front of me!” She cut him off. She feels like she wants to cry because she is so pissed, right now. But then she decided to hold back her tears, she already told herself that she will never cry in front of this man.

 

“Mianhe..Jeongmal Mianhe.” JiHoo was about to reach for her hand but she shove it away. JiHoo take a deep breath and just looked down. Suddenly his vision became blurry.

 

“Forget it. Your presence really disgusts me, JiHoo ssi. What you have done is something I can never forget. I will just tell this to you once so listen carefully. I don’t want to see you wandering inside our company. I don’t want to see your face again. I’m not ready to talk to you, not now, not tomorrow, not in the near future. Do you get that?” Seohyun said full of coldness. Hatred is clearly seen all over her face.

 

“Seohyun-ah, Jebal—“ She didn’t wait for him to finish talking, she stands up.

 

“I’ve heard enough. And this doesn’t change the fact that I hate the two of you. I don’t want to see the two of you again.” She walks but stop beside him. She looks down on JiHoo who is still looking to where she was sitting just minutes ago.

 

“Be grateful, he didn’t fire you. You know he can fire you anytime, right? I know how much you love your job. Stop pestering me or I can ask him to fire you. Surely, you don’t want that to happen, right? Also, don’t ever show your face to my family. You won’t like it, that’s for sure.” Then she walks away, wiping the tears that she was holding back since a while ago.

 

‘You did a good job JooHyun-ah.’ She took a deep breath and walks her way to the company.

 

 

Seohyun went to the rooftop after meeting JiHoo. She just feels like something is clenching her heart after talking to him, she needs to let it out. And going to the rooftop is the best way to let it out.

 

She was looking at the whole scenery when she remembers again what happened in Jeju.

 

“How can you do this to me?” She holds the railing tightly.

 

“Did you really love me? Or am I just a rebound?” Her tears start to fall. It flows nonstop that whenever she wipes it, another tears will fall.

 

She clenched her chest as if it will ease the pain that she is feeling right now.

 

“Appeuda. Jinjja Appeuda.”

 

 

================================================================================

 

 

Months have passed and Seohyun continued with her life. JiHoo never bothered her after they talked and YongHwa still continue to show her his real feelings. Seohyun on the other hand is slowly moving on and forgetting what JiHoo did to her. Just like that six months have already passed and the relationship between YongHwa and Seohyun became better. They continue to pretend they are engage but in reality, they are not yet together, officially. But they are fine with it. They are taking everything slower this time. ‘No pressure’ as what YongHwa always tell her.

 

“I’m on my way now. “ Seohyun hurriedly enters the lift. They have a meeting now and she’s already late. Blame it to their unexpected late dinner initiated by YongHwa. YongHwa came from a business trip in New York and he arrived last night, and suddenly he asked her to have a dinner at 11 o clock. At first he thought YongHwa was just kidding but then when he came, he brought her to the rooftop of her apartment. YongHwa personally cooked and prepared their dinner. YongHwa is always full of surprises these past few months.

 

“Yah! This is why I told you that late dinner is not a good idea.” She scolded him on the other line.

 

“But you like it, right?” He .

 

She rolled her eyes. “Palli. I have a surprise for you.”

 

“What is it?” She asked excitedly.

 

“You’ll see.” Then he hang up.

 

“Mwoya?” She said to herself, she was staring to her phone when the elevator opened.

 

“Oh? Unnie! You’re late? That’s a first.” She greeted YoonA.

 

“Aish! Blame it on that bastard! He thinks he owns the road.” Yoona looks mad.

 

“Nu gu?” She was confused with YoonA’s reaction.

 

“Aniya. Just some reckless driver that I really like to smack his head. Are you going to the conference room?” Yoona smiled fixing her dress, Seohyun just nodded suddenly she finds her friend scary.

 

After a few more minutes they arrived at the conference room. YoonA talked to her secretary first so she entered the conference room first.

 

“Why did you come so late?” YongHwa  went closer to Seohyun but Seohyun is looking at the guy behind YongHwa. She smiled widely when she noticed who the guy really is.

 

“Oppa? JongHyun Oppa!” Seohyun hugged him immediately oblivious that the staff and YongHwa was in the conference room.

 

“It’s really true. You work here.”  JongHyun was one of  YongHwa’s college friend and Seohyun’s friend. He knows how YongHwa and Seohyun started their lovestory.

 

“YOU?!” Seohyun was about to say something when she heard YoonA and JongHyun shouted together.

 

“You know each other?” Seohyun asked.

 

“No/Yes” YoonA and JongHyun said in unison.

 

“This is interesting.” YongHwa whispered to Seohyun before he goes to his seat to start the meeting.

 

“Okay, everyone, before we begin let me introduced our new architect, Mr. Lee JongHyun. He will be working with Interior Designer department. He’s my friend but please don’t give him special treatment.” YongHwa said smiling.

 

“I can’t believe this.” Seohyun heard YoonA whispered.

 

 

===================================================================================

 

 

“Oppa, spare YoonA Unnie. Please.” Seohyun said seriously.

 

They are inside the office and the meeting just finished.

 

“Yoona? Ahh, So YoonA is her name? She’s interesting.” JongHyun is grinning while YongHwa just shook her head.

 

“Yah! I know you’re a jerk so please. Not my friend or I will kill you.” Seohyun said.

 

“OMO! Your nose is flaring. I miss that.”

 

“MWO?!” YongHwa grabs his collar.

 

“Relax, Dude. I know she’s off limit. Is it wrong to miss a friend?” JongHyun .

 

“Just spare YoonA Unnie, please.”

 

Seohyun is aware of JongHyun’s personality. Back in their college days, he’s really a playboy. Unlike YongHwa who stopped looking for other girls when he met her, JongHyun changed girlfriend as frequent as how the girl changed their clothes. He believes that not until he found his match he won’t stop playing.

 

“I think I found my match.” JongHyun suddenly said smiling.

 

“MWO?!” Seohyun squealed that made the two men looked at her.

 

“It’s like saying the world is going to end, Dude.” YongHwa said smiling.

 

“Yah! You two, people changed, you know.”

 

“Well not for you.” YongHwa and Seohyun said together.

 

 

It has been a habit of YongHwa to pick up Seohyun every day before going to work. But it is a different case now.  Both of them decided to have their breakfast at YongHwa’s private pad, it’s more convenient there most especially today where they are needed in the office earlier. YongHwa will be making his presentation about their newly opened branch in New York. He prepared well for this and this is his first achievement after being a President of YS Company for almost a year.

 

“Who would have thought that I’ve been a president for almost a year.” YongHwa said as he parked his car.

 

“You’ve worked hard, Oppa.” Seohyun replied before she unbuckled her seatbelt.

 

“I worked hard because you’re with me.” Then he winked at Seohyun.

 

“Hajima! Geez! You look so creepy when you’re being mushy, Oppa.” Seohyun tried herself not to smile but she failed. She can’t help but to smile with his mushiness.

 

“Oppa.” They are already at the lobby when somebody called YongHwa. Both of their smiles faded away as they saw who called him.

 

“HyunJae-ah.” YongHwa called then looked at Seohyun who suddenly became quiet.

 

Author's Note:

 

Anneong Guys, we're already nearing to the end. This will not be more than 30 chapters. I guess? So yeah. Here's an update, I hope I did np disappoint you with this. Thank you for the comments:) 

 

Til next update.

 

~ilovegoguma29~