Chapter 12

My ALMOST Perfect Lovestory

 

 

SEOHYUN’s POV

 

I immediately went home after office hours. Usually, I will drop by at YoonA Unnie’s office but today, I feel so exhausted that I didn’t bother to show up in her office.

 

The silence after I agree to be used by him again almost killed me the whole day. After that agreement, we never talked to each other. We only talk if it’s related to our work. I still have to do my job well if I don’t want to get fired. I hate to admit it but I still have to follow him.

 

I finally admitted to myself that I still love him. After so many years I thought I already moved on but I guess, all this time it has always been him. But this will never change the fact that I also love JiHoo Oppa, the only person who stood by my side when I was so down. The man who accepted me despite of my past. The man who loves me for what I am and for what I was. Yes, technically, I am in love with two men. How great is that?! *sigh*

 

I was about to open the gate of our house when I noticed a very familiar car. ‘It’s impossible’, I thought.

 

“Seohyun-ah.”

 

I froze to where I am standing. Suddenly my heart beats faster. I slowly turned around and was surprised to see him standing in front of me.

 

“Oppa..” A tear then fell from my eyes.

 

He grabbed my arm and hugged me. I dropped my keys. “I-I’m not a c-cheater, Oppa.” I said still crying.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry Seohyun-ah. I’m sorry.” He said while hugging me.

 

We stayed in that position for a couple of minutes, hugging each other as if it’s our last hug.

 

 

YONGHWA’s POV

 

(The most awaited POV. LOL)

 

Seohyun did not talk to me after she agrees to my plan. I didn’t bother to talk to her either. I don’t know why I am being so mean to her, I’m such a jerk, I know but when I saw her expression this morning when she saw JiHoo, it really annoys me. I never saw her reacted that way when we were still together. Does she really love that architect that much? More than he loved me? ‘Oh definitely YongHwa, he left you right?’ my subconscious mind said. No,She need to stop loving him. He’ll just hurt him. She will be hurt if she found out the truth. I drank the remaining vodka in my glass.

 

*sigh*

 

FLASHBACK

 

I’m in the middle of studying this bunch of document which I just brought home since I can’t finish reading this in the office. Suddenly the doorbell rang.

 

I looked at my wrist watch, it’s past 11 in the evening. Who will come to my apartment at this hour?

 

I pressed the screen to see who’s outside the door and I immediately opened it when I recognize the person behind the door.

 

“Oppa..” She looks like she was drunk. Her eyes are swollen and her makeup is so messy.

 

“HyunJae-ah, what happened?” I asked full of concern.

 

She suddenly hugged me and starts crying like a baby who did not get what she wants.

 

“Hssshhh…Don’t cry. Tell me what happened.” I hugged her back.

 

I slowly let her enter my unit. I gave her water when she wasn’t crying anymore.

 

“What happened?” She just looked at me then I saw a tear suddenly escape from her eyes.

 

“Hyun-Jae-ah, Oppa can’t –“

 

“He’s back Oppa.”

 

“He’s—N-Ne?”Upon hearing that, I already knew who she’s talking about  but I still want to make sure.

 

“J-JiHoo, Oppa, he’s back.” Suddenly I felt like somebody poured me cold water on my head.

 

“J-JiHoo?H-How did you know?”

 

“I-I accidentally bumped him in the car park in your company Oppa. W-What is he doing there? Is he working there?”

 

I shook my head because I don’t know what JiHoo is doing in my company then it strikes me. I immediately grabbed my tablet and looked at our website. I searched for the list of employers. I hope I’m wrong. I hope they are just sharing the same name.

 

Then I saw a familiar photo of a man with personal information below the photo.

 

Name: Park JiHoo

Position: Architect

 

I was so surprised that I dropped my tablet.

 

“O-Oppa? W-What’s—“ HyunJae stopped talking when she saw the photo on my tablet. She picked it up.

 

“A-Architect? H-He’s working in your company?”

 

“He’s Seohyun’s boyfriend.” I said almost a whisper. I ran my hand through my hair.

 

“N-Ne? A-Ani, W-What do you mean he’s Seohyun’s boyfriend?” She looked so surprised.

 

“HyunJae-ah, Mianhe..”

 

“Andwae! Kojimal! He can’t do this to me. Oppa! H-He can’t do this to me.He promised me that I am the only one. He made a promise--” Hyun Jae was crying so loud so I hugged her.

 

“HyunJae-ah, the moment we got engaged, you already broke that promise, remember?” I said while hugging her.

 

“No. I told him to wait for me. H-He said he’ll wait for me, right? H-He know that I’m trying to fix everything.”

 

“Hyun-Jae-ah.” I hold her tightly on her shoulders. “You did not contact him for five long years. Definitely, he will think that you already forgot him. I-It’s een five years HyunJae.” I  tried to explain.

 

She shook her head.

 

“He said he love me Oppa. He really did. How can he do this to me?” She started to cry again so I hug her again.

 

“Everything will be fine.” I said while hugging her.

 

“M-Maybe he’s using JooHyun, Oppa? Y-Yes. H-He can’t just forgot me. I am his first love. Maybe he’s using Joohyun to forget me. That can happen,right? Right?”

 

“Stop it Hyun-Jae. Please. You’re just tired. Let’s talk about this tomorrow.” I guided her to the guest room of my apartment.

 

I watched her until she fell asleep. She sleeps peacefully, she’s like an angel. Actually, she is my angel. She saved my life.

 

“Sleep tight, my Angel.” I kissed her on the forehead before I went out of the room.

 

 

The truth is our engagement was not true. HyunJae just asked me to pretend to be her fiancée since her father told her that he will let her marry the old Chinese businessman if she will not introduced another man to him. Her family doesn’t like JiHoo at that time. JiHoo’s family do not own any business in Korea and for HyunJae’s father, business is very important. Marrying is like a business so she must marry a businessman. That’s her father’s rule.

 

I pity HyunJae at that time so I agree with what she said. For all those times that she helped me when JooHyun left me without words, she was there. So, I guess, it’s my turn to return the favor.

 

The next day, I wake up early to prepare her breakfast. HyunJae is a Doctor in one of the hospitals that was owned by their family. As a doctor, she’s used to going to work before the sun rise.

 

“Breakfast is ready.” I said when I saw her opening the fridge, all set to go to work.

 

“Oppa, why did you wake up so early?” She asked while pouring some coffee in her cup.

 

“Because you’re here?”  I said while reading morning news on my tablet.

 

“Thank you, oppa.”

 

I just smiled at her.

 

“Oppa, can you do me a favor?” She asked  while we’re eating.

 

“What is it?” I asked before drinking coffee.

 

“Promise me first that you will do it for me.” I felt nervous when I looked at her. She was so serious.

 

She reached for my hand. “Please,Oppa?”

 

I heaved a sigh.“Ahrasseo. What do you want?”

 

She smiled. “I want you to transfer JiHoo to other branch Oppa. Any place will do as long as it is far from here.” I was surprised with what I heard.

 

“Mwo?! I can’t do that.” I complained.

 

“Oppa! You promised me.” She shouted at me.

 

“Hyunjae-ah, you need to—“

 

 

“Oppa! I don’t want Appa to know that he’s here. Appa will get mad. Please?”

 

I heaved a sigh and looked at her who looks so frustrated.

 

“Aharasseo.” I finally said.

 

-END OF FLASBACK-

 

I know that Joohyun will be hurt if she finds out that HyunJae was her boyfriend’s first love. It seems like our world is getting smaller and smaller so I decided to transfer him to JeJu. But I didn’t expect it will be turned out this way. HyunJae wanted to protect JiHoo but I can’t say that to JooHyun. Not now.

 

I am expecting he will immediately tell Joohyun about his transfer and I’m also expecting that JooHyun will tell him about our ‘engagement’. The reason I spread the news about our engagement is that because I know Mr.Han will asked JooHyun about it and since she know JooHyun who will definitely not tell him anything, he might asked other employees. I just don’t want my plan to be ruined. Our company needs Mr.Han and she knows that.

 

But why she didn’t tell him?

 

 

“Oppa? Are you listening?”

 

“Ne?” I snapped back from reality when I heard HyunJae’s voice. We are having late dinner together.

 

“I said what’s with all these You-and-Seohyun-are back-together-news I heard in your office? You’re not planning to ruin our plan right?”

 

“We’re not back together.”

 

“But—“

 

“It’s just a show. We need to do it so that Mr.Han will invest in our company which is very effective since he signed the contract yesterday.”

 

“So it’s not true that you and her are back together?” She asked again.

 

I just nodded.

 

“That’s a relief then. I thought you will ruin my plan.” She smiled.

 

“Not unless I’m crazy.”

 

“Oppa, Can I ask you a question?”

 

I just nodded and continued slicing my steak.

 

“W-what if, Joohyun was just forced to leave you. W-Will you come back to her?”

 

“I don’t know. What I’m sure is I will find out who forced her to leave me and I will make sure they will regret that they ruined my life. Our life.” I said holding the fork and knife tightly.

 

“O-Oh..N-Ne..O-Of course you will do that.” She said.

 

“But that’s impossible. I know Joohyun leave me on purpose and I don’t have a plan to know her reason.”

 

 

Author's Note:

 

AYO GOGUMAS! So ONE SECRET have been revealed! What can you say? Hahahaha!

 

Anyway, who are still spazzing about CNBLUE and SEOHYUN living on the same apartment?! *raising my two hands* YAY! Our OTP is so REAL! Eat all your bitterness burgers! You can hate us but you can NEVER do anything about the FIRST and FOURTH FLOOR! Not unless you will occupy the SECOND and THIRD FLOORS. LOL!

 

I love reading all your comments! Thank you for supporting this story! ^_____^

 

~ilovegoguma29~