Chapter 1

My ALMOST Perfect Lovestory

 

 
 
 
 
 
SEOHYUN’s POV
 
 
 
 
 
“Chukahaeyo Timjang-nim!!!”
 
 
 
O____________O
 
 
I was surprise when I heard my officemates shouts their congratulatory at me the moment I entered our office. The next thing I knew they were already popping a confetti popper at me. 
 
 
“O-Okay? So what’s going on? Did we hit the sales quota again?” I curiously asked them since I really don’t know what’s happening.
 
 
 I just walk straightly at my cubicle while removing those confetti at my hair and dress. By the way, let me introduce myself, I’m Seo JooHyun  or SeoHyun as what my officemates called me. I worked as a Team leader of the interior designer department in this company, The Y.S. Designs.  One of the biggest designing companies in Korea. Aside from designing a house or a building, we also have architectural firm in our company. Interior design, that’s my specialty.
 
 
I finally reached my cubicle; each employee here has their own cubicle to work at. Since I am a team leader, mine was a little bit big than the rest.
 
 
“Congratulations on your promotion Dongsaeng-ah!” I heard a familiar voice as I sat on my swivel chair.
 
 
I just gave her a confusing look.
 
“What promotion Unnie? Can you please explain to me what’s going on? The last thing I know was that yesterday was my rest day and now everybody was sending me congratulatory message for reasons that I really don’t know.” I told her in a very confusing way.
 
She’s Yoona, my mentor/friend. We met in a library downtown, I worked as a librarian and she was one of the regular customers there. Since she always goes there every day, we became really close until she offered me a job in this company. Since we’re friends, she hates it when I called her “Director” when it’s just the two of us. So I just called her formally if we’re in front of the other employees.
 
 
 
 
“Calm down, Calm down. Well, why don’t you read that memo at your back so you’ll be updated?” Then she winked at me.
 
 
“Geez, Unnie, Don’t do that! It gives me chills. Chincha!” I glared at her.
 
 
“W-what did I do?Hahahaha!” 
 
 
“Aish! Wait! What memo?” I turned my back on my mini board and I saw a white folded paper pinned on it.
 
 
 
I looked at her first before I started reading the letter.
 
 
We are glad to inform you that effective tomorrow, Miss Seo Joo Hyun will be the
new Secretary of the newly appointed CEO of The Y.S. Designs. Congratulations!
 
 
 
“O-OMO! I-Is this really true? What’s this? Is there any hidden camera here?” Then I looked around looking for anything or anyone that will tell me that it’s just a joke but I found none.
 
 
So, I looked at Yoona Unnie again who’s already laughing so hard. Why is she laughing? Is this really a joke or what?
 
 
“Yah! Don’t joke like this. I might really believe this.” I said putting down the letter on my table.
 
 
 
 
“Well, fortunately Dongsaeng, it’s for real. You’re really promoted! Aigoo, your reaction a while ago was so priceless.” Then she laughs again.
 
 
 
“Jinjjayo? Chongmalyo Unnie? So, it’s really true?” I ask her full of excitement. I’ve been working here for almost six years but never did I really imagine that I’ll be working with the CEO. I mean, that’s really a stressful job and I guess it’s a dream job of all employees here. The last CEO, from what I heard was very nice and very approachable. But unfortunately, I wasn’t able to meet him. He seldom goes in our department; in fact he never went here.
 
 
 
“But why me, Unnie? I mean there are thousands of employees here and out of that thousands, hundreds are there who are all deserving for this position. But why me?”
 
 
 
“What are you thinking? That I referred the wrong person?” she asked crossing her arms while leaning on my desk.
 
 
 
“A-Aniya.. Keun yang..I-It’s just that, I don’t think I deserve this kind of position.” 
 
 
“Why not?” she asks raising her left eyebrow.
 
 
 
 
 
“I-It’s just that between the two of us, you deserve this job more than I do. I mean—“ I stopped talking when she raised her hand  to me and doing the stop sign.
 
 
 
“You know that I’m not interested with that kind of job right? I won’t leave my position in this company. I love my job but to be a secretary of the CEO? I don’t think I can do that. Besides, I only focus on designing houses; I don’t know anything about numbers and business thingy. While you, you can do this job well, you study accounting and management in your university, right?”
 
 
 
 
I just nod. It’s right, I really study business administration but then designing is my passion so I shifted to Interior Design.
 
 
 
“In fact when we were asked to refer one person from our department whom do we think deserve this position, I wrote your name immediately.” She added smiling.
 
 
 
“But Unnie, do you think I can do this?” I asked her full of hesitation.
 
 
 
 
“Seohyun~ah. I trust you so much and I’m confident that my Team manager will do well in this position.”
 
 
 
*gulp*
 
 
“But—“
 
 
 
 
“Can’t you do it for me? Just think of this as a big favor for me.  When I help you with your application in this company, you said you were grateful to me, right?”
 
 
 
 
“Ne..”
 
 
 
 
She holds my hand.
 
 
 
 
“Can you do this as a thank you gift for me? Hm?”
 
 
 
 
 
“Unnie…”
 
 
 
 
“Jebal?”
 
 
 
 
Sigh
 
 
 
“Ahrasso, Unnie. I’ll do well in this job. I’m going to make you proud.” I said smiling.
 
 
 
 
“You always make me proud, Hyunnie.” Then she hugged me so I hugged her back.
 
 
 
 
“Kamsahamnida Unnie.” That’s all I can say after we break our hug.
 
 
 
 
 
“Oh, Cham!  I almost forgot. You have to pack your things now and go to my office for your orientation. Okay?” She said while standing.
 
 
 
 
‘Pack my things?” I asked again.
 
 
 
 
“Yup! You’ll transfer to your new office tomorrow.” 
 
 
 
 
 
“Wow! Daebak! I’ll have my new office?” I excitedly ask.
 
 
 
 
“Yes. You’ll be sharing an office with the CEO. You’re the secretary, after all.” 
 
 
 
 
 
“Ahrasso. I’ll go to your office once I’m done.” We just had a little more talk before she bid goodbye to me.
 
 
 
 
Before I pack my things, I sat quietly on my chair. It feels surreal. Until now I can’t really believe that my job as a team leader will end now. Tomorrow, when I enter this building, I won’t be seeing this table, this cubicle and those familiar faces. Will I be able to see them, again? I’m really not sure. I don’t know why I feel so sad all of a sudden, when in fact, I should be happy with my promotion.
 
 
 
Maybe because I’ve been working in this department for six years. I treated them as my second family, and leaving this department and the whole staff was really not easy. But I have to do it. I can’t just disappoint, Yoona Unnie.
 
 
 
 
*sigh*
 
 
 
*knocks*
 
 
 
 
My train of thoughts was interrupted when someone knocks at my cubicle.
 
 
 
 
“Ne..” Then I looked up to see who it was, only to be surprised by a lot of employees gathering at my cubicle.
 
 
 
 
I stand to face them.
 
 
 
 
“Y-yes?” I asked them smiling.
 
 
 
 
 
“Timjang nim, here.” One employee handed me a little box wrapped in a glossy pink paper.
 
 
 
“What’s this?” I asked her.
 
 
 
 
 
“When we found out yesterday about your promotion we decided to give you a farewell present and that’s what we found. We hope you like it.” She said.
 
 
 
“Farewell present. I can’t believe I’m receiving this kind of gift from you guys. Thank you. Can I open it?” I told them hiding the tears that want to come out.
 
 
 
 
“Sure!” They all said in unison.
 
 
 
I smiled at them before I started to open the gift.
 
 
 
 
“Wow! Yeppeuda. Nomu Yeppeuda.” They give me a wrist watch which is surrounded with pink and blue stones on its strap.
 
 
I bit my lower lip trying to hide my tears but I failed. I slowly wiped my tears and looked at them.
 
 
 
“Guys, you don’t know how much this mean to me. I really like it and thank you for the six years companion. I will definitely miss you all.” I told them crying.
 
 
 
“We will miss you too, Timjang Nim. You’re the best team leader that we have met.” One guy told me.
 
I hugged them one by one while saying my ‘thank you’ and ‘goodbye’ to them.
 
 
 
 
After they leave I pulled out a box under my table and with a heavy heart, I started packing my things. I guess, I have to accept the fact that I have to face this new challenge for me and come out of my shell. I can’t be a Team Leader forever.
 
 
 
 
 After I had my lunch, I carried the box full of my things and went straight to Yoona Unnie’s Office.
 
 
 
 
“Oh? You’re done? What happened? Did you cry?” She went near me when I entered her office. I just gave her a nod while I sat on her couch.
 
 
“I’m just sad leaving this department, unnie. I mean, this used to be my second home.” I told her without looking at her.
 
 
 
 
“Aigoo, SeoHyun~ah. It’s not like you’re going to leave this building. You will just transfer from other department but you can still visit us here.” She said while patting my shoulder.
 
 
 
I just gave her a smile.
 
 
 
 
“Okay, enough with the drama. Let’s get you to your new working place.” She said as she helps me with my things as we go out to her office.
 
 
The CEO’s Office was located in 40th floor. So we ride a lift to get there.
 
 
We stop in a very long desk that looks like a reception area with one computer.
 
“This will be the reception area, aside from you there will be a receptionist who will welcome the guests and she was also the one in charge with setting up an appointment for whoever wants to meet the CEO. 
 
 
I just nod while she’s explaining.
 
 
“I made a research about her, from what I heard, the person in charge here is of the same age like you but they said she’s a little bit y. 
 
 
“Chongmalyo?” I asked in shock.
 
 
 
“Yeah. But that’s what they say. You see it for yourself. But if ever she’s really like that. Let me know. Okay?” 
 
 
 
 
“Ne..” then she opened a glass door.
 
 
 
“And this will be the CEO’s Office. This will be your table.” She points a table just in front of the  CEO’s table. 
 
 
 
I looked around the office. It’s really a big office with lots of painting hanging on the walls. The walls are well painted with white and the ceiling has a sky blue paint. Most of the things are all in black and white. It has also full glass windows where you can have a full view of the streets and the buildings nearby.
 
 
 
This looks like the exact replica of my dream office. The design of the room is really familiar. No, that’s impossible.
 
 
 
 
I brushed off that non sense thought.
 
 
 
 
“Hey! Are you still listening?” I went back to reality when Yoona Unnie snaps her finger in front of my face.
 
 
 
“Ne? What are you saying Unnie?” Because my eyes were wandering in the office and so as my mind, I didn’t notice that Yoona Unnie has been talking.
 
 
 
She crossed her arm and look at me straightly.
 
 
 
 
“What’s the matter? You’re zoning out.” She asked. Worriedness was seen in her eyes.
 
 
 
 
“A-Aniya, I-it’s just that the design of the office is so familiar.” I said matter of factly.
 
 
 
“Jeongmal? Hmmm..from what I heard the person who design this office as well as the private room is the CEO himself.”
 
 
 
“Himself? Our CEO is a namja?” I asked just to make sure.
 
 
 
“Yeah.”
 
 
 
“Aigoo.. Do you think I can really do this?”
 
 
 
 
“Of course. Well, although this will be your first time working with a boy and not to mention he’s the CEO, but I really believe you can pull this off.” She said smiling.
 
 
 
 
 
“Well, I hope so, Unnie.” I said almost a whisper.
 
 
 
 
“Come on Hyunnie, don’t be so pessimistic. This is not you. Since when did you not believe in yourself? Hm? Come on, I’ll show you around the office.”
 
 
 
 
Yoona Unnie discussed everything I need to know in this office. Because according to her, when the CEO arrives, I have to explain it to him everything as if I know the place very well.
 
 
 
 
 
*ting*
 
 
“Okay, so this will be the private room of CEO. It’s just below the rooftop as per his request. So the only person who has a full access in this room aside from him is you. You’re in charge in maintaining the cleanliness of this room.” She explained to me while we are in front of the CEO’s private room.
 
 
 
 
I just gave her a nod while I take down notes everything that she’s saying.
 
 
 
 
“Ready to go inside?” she ask me.
 
 
 
“Yeah.” I said then she key in the code so we can enter the room.
 
 
 
“Oh My God. Could this even possible?” I can’t help but to utter those words when I saw the design of the room.
 
 
 
 
I slowly entered the room. From the ceiling,to the floors,to the wall decorations of the room it’s so familiar. I can’t be mistaken.   
 
 
 
“It’s nice, right? The new CEO really has a taste in designing.” I heard Yoona Unnie said while we’re entering the room.
 
 
 
“De..I-It’s nice. Yoou said that the CEO has a taste in designing? I-Is he the one who designed this room?” I did my best to not look like I’m shock about what I just saw.
 
 
“Yup. He’s good right?” I smiled at her. I went to the kitchen counter so she won’t notice that I’m trembling.
 
 
 
How could this be possible? Could it be…No, What are you thinking SeoHyun. I shake my head, It’s impossible.
 
 
 
 
“What’s wrong?” I was shocked when Yoona Unnie was already at my side.
 
 
 
 
 
“Ne? N-Nothing Unnie. I’m just amazed by the design of this room. I-It’s great.” I lied.
 
 
 
‘I know right..”
 
 
 
 
She discusses to me everything that I needed to know and do as an assistant of the CEO. Before we went back to her office.
 
 
 
 
 
“Here.” She handed me a white folder as soon as she went back to her table.
 
 
 
“What’s this?”
 
 
 
“That’s the turnover of the former secretary. Take your time to read everything. I think she also put some guidelines so it won’t be hard for you.”
 
 
 
“That’s nice of her.” I said while I flipped on some pages.
 
 
 
“Oh, by the way, I’ve heard that the CEO is already married? No, I think engage. Well I’m not sure about it but yeah, the new CEO is in a relationship so you don’t have to worry that he might seduce you.” She said while trying to suppress her laugh.
 
 
 
 
“But I don’t think it that way.” 
 
 
 
 
“BUT! He’s really handsome. That’s what I heard from the gossips circling around the building. You’re lucky.”
 
 
 
I finally closed the folder and look at her.
 
 
 
 
“I don’t think, I’m considered lucky because of his looks, I just hope we’ll get along well. You know, boys and me? We know that I don’t talk a lot with boys. That’s my worry.” I told her in all honesty.
 
 
 
 
 
“I know. But you can do it.” She said while flipping her planner.
 
 
 
“Oh Gosh! I almost forgot. The CEO will be here tomorrow at 8 A.M so you better be early, okay. You know first impression last.”
 
 
 
“Tch! You know that I don’t believe in that saying, right? And did you forgot that punctuality is my last name?” I proudly told her.
 
 
 
“Ahrasso, but there’s no harm if I’ll remind you,right?”
 
 
 
“Ne..”
 
 
 
 
My day just passed by quickly, after I finished compiling some of the documents inside the document room as per ordered by Yoona Unnie since the new CEO might be needing those documents tomorrow, I went home.
 
 
 
 
Tomorrow will be another day. I have to face this new challenge and I must do better.
 
 
 
 
THE NEXT DAY
 
 
 
“Yah! Seohyun!! Aren’t you going to have your breakfast?!” I heard Yuri Unnie, my older sister shouts at me as I ran to our garage.
 
 
 
“Sorry Unnie! But I’ll just grab my breakfast on my way. I’m really late. Jeosonghamnida!” I said in hurry as I ride on my white Porsche car.
 
 
 
“oh gosh! How can you be so late at this day, Seohyun!” I scolded myself as I start the engine.
 
 
 
“The new boss will be in the office at 8 A.M and what time is it now? 8:30! Great! You are so doomed Seohyun!” I continue talking to myseld as I drive my way to Y.S Designs.
 
 
 
 
*riiiiiiinnnnggggg*
 
 
 
 
*riiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnggggggg*
 
 
 
“Oh?This might be yoona Unnie. Ottokajji? I can’t answer her call while I’m driving.” It’s not my hobby to use cellphone while I’m driving. I know that’s really dangerous.
 
 
 
Good thing the traffic light turned red so I immediately put my earphone in my ear and answered the call.
 
 
 
 
“Yoboseyo?”
 
 
 
“Yah! Seohyun~ah, Where are you?” It’s yoona Unnie but why is she whispering?
 
 
 
‘Unnie, I’m sorry, I’ll be late. Can you tell him that I’m stuck in a traffic?” I told her as I looked at the traffic light.
 
 
 
 
“Really? Okay. We’re still having our meeting and the CEO has not yet arrived. So come here as fast as you can but careful in driving, okay?”
 
 
 
 
“Ne..Algeussimnida Unnie. I’ll hang up now.” I did not wait for her reply anymore since the light turned green so I started to drive again. Until…
 
 
 
 
 
O____________O
 
 
 
 
SCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Author's note:
 
I would like to dedicate this chapter to my lovable and talented dongsaengs, Elaii and Cheen. By reading their stories I was also inspired to write my own story. YAH! You two..nothing..kekeke..Unnie loves you..You know that, right? LOL!
 
So how's the first chapter? is it a good start or is it a lame one? Please leave a comment guys! ^_____^