-Chapter 24-

Shadows of Infinity

-Chapter 24-

Dongwoo paced back and forth outside of the hospital.  It's been hours and he was hoping that they were able to save Sunggyu.  When they arrived in that room, Sunggyu was minutes from death.  He was so scared that the older man was dead.  Dongwoo was not ready to be a leader.  Woohyun did not want to listen to him like the others.

Dongwoo sighed and wondered how Hoya and Sungjong were doing.  He hoped that they would arrive home safely.   Dongwoo sent Hoya and Sungjong back to inform Miyoung's father what has happened here.   He wanted the King to know that Miyoung was safe, but she did not want to leave Sunggyu's side.  Dongwoo wondered what the King's reaction would be to Sunggyu being a prince.

Dongwoo bit his lip and looked at Miyoung who was sitting on the floor next to the door.  He sighed and walked over to Miyoung and sat down in front of her.  Dongwoo took her face in his hands, "This isn't your fault Princess."

"It is my fault Dongwoo." Miyoung said as she looked at Dongwoo. "He would not have gotten hurt if I did not scream for him. I wish my father did not hold me back.  If I was a boy he would have let me learn how to fight awhile ago."

"Any of us would take the attack that Sunggyu hyung took for you, and you fight pretty well with no training.  It seems to come natural to you." Dongwoo placed a hand on her head. He was trying to figure out a way to lighten the mood. .  "Now that the truth has been revealed about Sunggyu..."

"Things aren't going to get better." Miyoung said.  "He is in surgery right now and will probably be in a coma when the doctor is done.  If he dies..." Tears started to form in Miyoung's eyes again.

Dongwoo pulled Miyoung into a hug and patted her back.  He needed to be there for her now.  Dongwoo looked up and noticed Myungsoo staring at them with those cold eyes of him that are usually emotionless, but today they look sad.  Dongwoo knew the kid was feeling guilty because he was supposed to be the one protecting Miyoung.

"Noona..."

---

Sungjong continued to look at the ground as he rode his horse next to Hoya.  He has not talked since he had seen Sunggyu's lifeless body.  The images of Sunggyu's bloody, lifeless body was haunting Sungjong.  He could not get those thoughts out of his head.    

"Jonggie..."

Sungjong did not hear Hoya calling for him.  He was too lost in his thoughts to respond to him.  Sungjong never expected to feel this way.  It was probably because Infinite was like brothers. 

"Sungjong..." Hoya said as he stopped Sungjong's horse and looked at the younger man. He was worried about him.  Hoya never seen Sungjong act like this, "We should stop and ret for a bit.  I think you need it Jonggie."

"I'm fine..." Sungjong sniffled.

"You're not fine..."

Sungjong looked at Hoya and sighed.  He knew that Hoya was right.  He got off his horse and walked over to a rock. Sungjong sat down and crossed his arms.   "Why couldn't we wait till the surgery was over?"

"Because the king will worry if we did not return at the end of the week." Hoya said as he placed a hand on Sungjong's head and ruffled his hair.  "We will return once we inform the king."

"If he lets us leave." Sungjong said as he closed his eyes and rested his head on Hoya's shoulder. 

---

"Go get some rest..." Dongwoo said as he helped Miyoung to her feet.   He watched her walked away and sighed, "Myungsoo ahh."

Dongwoo felt the younger man suddenly hug onto him.   "Hyung...I should have..."

"It's alright Myungsoo..." Dongwoo patted Myungsoo's hair.  He knew that Myungsoo was close to Sunggyu.   He never thought he would see him cry.   Seeing all the boys like this broke Dongwoo's heart. He knew that he needed to do something.

"No...hyung...it..isn't" Myungsoo cried.

The door to the room opened and the doctor cleared his throat and looked at the two.  Dongwoo released Myungsoo and looked at the doctor, "How is he?"

"He is alive, but just barely.   He needs to rest for a mouth and then we will see."  The doctor said.

"Is he awake?" Myungsoo said as he dried his tears.

The doctor shook his head, "He is sleeping right now.   Sunggyu needs all the rest he can get.   You can visit him tomorrow." The doctor said as he walked away from the two.  

Myungsoo looked at Dongwoo and he walked over to the door and slid it open.  He looked in and noticed that Sunggyu was sleeping, but alive.

"Someone should tell Miyoung noona..." Myungsoo said as he dried his tears.  

---

Miyoung entered her room and came to a stop when she saw him standing there, "What do you want this time?"

"I told you these things would happen!" Joon said as he walked over to Miyoung and leaned forward.  "There is a way to save Sunggyu, but it comes with a price."

"Save him!"

"As you wish princess." Joon snapped his fingers. "Now...you have to come with me Princess!" Joon held out his arm for Miyoung and she took it.  They disappeared in a gust of black smoke.  

There was a knock on the door, "Noona..."

Woohyun opened the door and looked around.  He had heard her voice just moments ago.  How could someone disappear so easily?

"You will not be able to find her..." A voice spoke, "but I will give you a clue.  She gave the ultimate sacrifice..."

"What did she sacrifice?"

an - only sick more chapters left... I hope you enjoy what I have to come.