-Chapter 17-

Shadows of Infinity

-Chapter 17-

They started to get moving towards the neighboring kingdom again.  Dongwoo knew that Sunggyu wanted to get there in three days.  He was going to try and honor Sunggyu's wishes, but he wanted to get there sooner.   They had to get there sooner.  Dongwoo let out a deep sigh.

 When Dongwoo went to check on Miyoung and Sunggyu earlier, they were still sleeping. Dongwoo thought it would be best if those two slept. He did not want to wake them and tell them that they were leaving.  It would only burden them.  Sunggyu was already tired enough and Miyoung was still a mystery to Dongwoo.  Even though Dongwoo knew Miyoung since she was young, he still did not understand her.  Dongwoo did not understand women to well.

"Hyung is everything alright?" Sungjong asked as he rode next to the second oldest. He did not like Dongwoo's gloomy expression. Dongwoo was never gloomy. He was normally a big ball of sunshine..  "How's hyung? Is he any better today?"

"How could he be any better? He was stabbed yesterday, Sungjong. He lost a good amount of blood." Dongwoo said in an annoyed voice. He looked over at Sungjong and noticed that he looked hurt by the way Dongwoo spoke to him. Dongwoo never yelled at Sungjong like that before.  He never yelled at anyone, "I am sorry I snapped at you."

"Hyung it's ok. You do not need to apologize to me."  Sungjong said with a smile. "I know hyung did not mean to yell at me.  Hyung has his reasons for acting the way that he did, and I should not be bothering you when you are in deep thought."

"Sungjong...I'm just worried." Dongwoo said.

"We are all worry hyung, but there is something dark arising and I think it involves Gyu hyung."  Sungjong looked into the distance. "I can feel it." 

”I can feel it to Jonggie, but please do not ponder it.  We will revisit the issue at a later point in time.  Right now we need to get Princess Miyoung to her marriage interview." Dongwoo smiled weakly.  He knew from experience that Miyoung did not want this.

---

Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo, "I cannot believe Sunggyu got hurt so easily. Gyu hyung is so brutal to us when we are training.  How could he lose? He never loses?  He never showed us his weak side till now."  Sungyeol whined.

"He has not been sleeping well Sungyeol.  I am not even sure if he is sleeping at all lately.  The night before we left, hyung was hanging out by the lake.  He has had a lot on his mind lately.  Having lack of sleep clouds your judgment." Myungsoo answered.

"He is our leader! How the hell can is judgment be clouded.  He always taught us not to let anything cloud our judgment." Sungyeol said with anger in his voice.  He did not mean to act this way. He did not want to make it seem like he hated Sunggyu.  Sungyeol was just in shocked.  He really looked up to Sunggyu and his amazing abilities.  How he is never knocked down, until now.

"Sungyeol, Sunggyu hyung is not superman. He is allowed to have weaknesses, but he is the type of person who does not show his weakness.  I told you before that Sunggyu hyung has not been sleeping well and I think it is because he has been distracted recently.  I am not sure if it is from the attack on noona's life or if it is something else."  Myungsoo spoke.

"What do you think it is?"  Sungyeol asked. He was really curious about what Myungsoo thought about this situation.  Sungyeol knew that Myungsoo was not the type of person to share his opinions on something.  He had already revealed more then he normally does.  Myungsoo was normally a really quite person, but today he was talking more than ever.  Was it because he was concerned about Sunggyu or was it for some other reason?

"How am I supposed to know? I am not Sunggyu hyung?" Myungsoo said in a cold voice, "Shut up and keep moving."

---

Miyoung sat up quickly and grabbed the first thing she could, which was the fabric of Sunggyu's shirt.  She did not know what came over her and did not understand what she just saw.  Miyoung quickly released Sunggyu's shirt and watched him sleep.  He looked so peaceful when he slept.  So innocent and....

Miyoung took a deep breath and was glad he did not wake up.  She took another deep breath and rested her head in her hands.  Miyoung did not know why this was happening to her.   Why was she having the same dream over and over again, and the words that Joon spoke to them yesterday did not help at all.

I just wanted to see if the legends were true and I guess they are.

Miyoung heard Sunggyu move around a bit.  She looked over at him and noticed that he was stirring in his sleep.   Miyoung looked over at him and wondered what was wrong.  Sunggyu normally does not move around in his sleep.  She could see the sweat dripping down his face.

"Nooooooo!" Sunggyu screamed in his sleep causing Miyoung to jump. She looked over at Sunggyu and watched him toss and turn.  "Don't..." Sunggyu voice cracked, "Please don't I will do anything you say. Just don't.."

Miyoung decided that she should wake Sunggyu. She could tell that he was suffering from the nightmare he was having. Miyoung hated seeing Sunggyu suffer so much.  Sunggyu seemed to be suffering a lot lately.  Miyoung placed a hand on Sunggyu's uninjured shoulder and started to shake him.   "Sunggyu ahh."

Sunggyu let out another scream and sat up quickly.  He grabbed onto the first thing he could get his hands on, and that was Miyoung.   Sunggyu could not stop shaking.  He did not know what came over him.  Sunggyu's body felt numb and cold.  His breathing was heavy. 

"Sunggyu..." Miyoung said as she tried to calm him down as she rubbed his back.  She noticed that he stopped shaking and his breathing started to become normal, but she knew something was wrong.  Miyoung wanted to ask him what was wrong, but it wasn't her place.  She needed to respect Sunggyu's privacy.

Sunggyu's grip tightened around Miyoung.   He rested his head on her shoulder and closed his eyes.  "Miyoung..."

---

Hoya looked at Dongwoo, "Hyung, when do you think we will arrive?" Hoya was worried about Sunggyu and his injury.  He knew that they needed a professional to look at it.  They only did what they could to help. 

"I think we have one more day." Dongwoo looked at the younger man. He heard Sunggyu's screams and stopped.   Dongwoo knew it was not a good sign when Sunggyu act's like that while sleeping.

"Why did we stop?" Woohyun asked, "Who screamed? YAHH Dongwoo hyung." Woohyun yelled at the older man who was spacing out. "Don't tell me that was Sunggyu that screamed?"

"If it is, what are you going to do about it?" Hoya said harshly.

"YAHHH NO FIGHTING!" Sungjong yelled and looked at the three men.  He knew that they all have big personalities. 

---

Miyoung handed Sunggyu some water and looked at him.  She realized that they stopped and wondered if it was from Sunggyu's screams.   She studied Sunggyu and let out a sigh.  Miyoung needed to figure out how she was going to ask him.

"If you want to ask me something just ask it already.' Sunggyu said bluntly.

an - helloooo everyone I hope you like this update. Hehehe. I had fun writing it. 

Would you like to know what Sunggyu was dreaming about?

Who do you want the Prince that Miyoung is meeting to be older of younger?

How many more chapters do you want them in the woods?

ENJOY!