-Chapter 19-

Shadows of Infinity

-Chapter 19-

Hoya sighed as he stopped, "I think we should set up camp here for the night. Our horses deserve some rest.  We will only have about two hours to travel tomorrow." Hoya got off of his horse and tired him to a tree.

"Hyung what do you want me to do?" Sungjong asked.  He would do anything to help Hoya.  Sungjong knew that Hoya was taking on a lot of responsibilities because the two hyungs are incapable of doing anything at the moment.

"Gather some water with L." Hoya said in a calm voice.  He knew that Sungjong would kill Woohyun if they went into the woods together.  Hoya sighed as he looked towards Woohyun and then at Sungyeol who seemed to be staring off into the distance.

"Are you afraid I might do something to that kid if I am alone with him?" Woohyun said with a smirk on his face.  He was thinking about scaring Sungjong, but not hurting him.  Woohyun knew that he would not hear the end of it if he did anything to Sungjong.

"I am scared what he might do to you?  Sungjong make look sweet and innocent of the outside, but he is far from innocent." Hoya said as he walked over towards the carriage.  He was going to check on Sunggyu hyung, Dongwoo hyung, and Princess Miyoung."

Woohyun followed Hoya towards the carriage and sighed, "I know he is not innocent because of the roles he goes into with all those characters of his.  I remember what happened in the woods when someone cut some of Sungjong's hair off."

Hoya sighed as opened the door of the carriage and noticed that Dongwoo and Sunggyu were asleep, but Miyoung was wide awake.  Hoya wondered if Miyoung ever got any sleep.  Was something bothering her?

Miyoung smiled at Hoya "Howon is something wrong? Why did we stop?" Miyoung turned her attention back to sleeping Sunggyu and Dongwoo.  She thought they were adorable together.  She sighed and turned back to Hoya.

"We are just stopping for the evening.  I will let you know when dinner is ready." Hoya smiled at her and looked at Woohyun.  He was shocked that Woohyun did not make any nasty comments towards the Princess.  This was the first time he did not try to insult her.

"Is there something you need Woohyun sii?" Miyoung asked as she noticed him staring at Sunggyu and Dongwoo. His behavior seemed really strange to her.  Miyoung remember over hearing Woohyun sticking up for Sunggyu.  She was shocked that he would ever defend Sunggyu.  

"No, I was wondering what you would like to eat Princess.  I will personally make anything you like." Woohyun bowed.  Woohyun was starting to get used to acting nice.  He felt strange doing so, but as long as his wall remained up, he is fine with playing nice.

Miyoung raised an eyebrow and looked at Woohyun, "Are you feeling alright Woohyun? You are acting a bit strange."

"I feel fine, Princess. I am trying a new thing.  I am going to try and be nicer from now on.  I saw how difficult I made things for everone." Woohyun smiled and bowed. "I will just make anything, I guess." Woohyun walked away.

"It takes time getting used to Miyoung." Hoya smiled as he rubbed his eye.  "Let me know if you need anything. I will be back once dinner is ready."  Hoya bowed and was about to leave, but stop when he heard Miyoung call out his name.

"Howon..." Miyoung started and watched as Hoya paused and turned to look at her. He wondered what was wrong, Miyoung's voice sounded different than normal.

"Is there something wrong Miyoung noona?"  Hoya asked with concern in his voice.  He has been worried about Miyoung since her father concubine attempted to murder her.  Hoya has always wondered if that was an act.  He had heard from Sunggyu that Miyoung does not belie that she is the king's daughter.

"I wanted to know how your eye is feeling?' Miyoung asked.

"My eye is fine Miyoung noona. Thank you for asking.  I am going to get back to work.  Just call my name if you need anything." Hoya bowed and walked off to where the horses were. 

---

Sungjong sighed as he walked next to Myungsoo with his arms crossed.   He continued to looked at the older man's stone like face.  Sungjong always wondered how Myungsoo could keep that expression on his face when they were on a mission. "I guess hyung knows not to pair me up with Woohyun hyung." Sungjong said to break the silence  

"That is because he knows that you will kill him if you go anywhere alone with him." Myungsoo said as he walked next to Sungjong.  He was not really in the mood to talk, but since it was Sungjong, how could he not talk to him.

"Hyung..." Sungjong said as he grabbed onto Myungsoo's arms. "Can I ask you something?" Myungsoo jumped slightly.  He hated when Sungjong did that out of the blue.

"Depends on what it is?" Myungsoo looked at Sungjong. He wondered what the kid was going to ask him this time. The only thing Myungsoo hoped was that he could help him find the answer.  

"Do you think that there is something going on between Sunggyu hyung and Miyoung noona?" Sungjong asked. "They were acting differently towards each other before the attack on noona's life and ever since we returned from our mission they have been well...how do I explain this.  They are not acting like they used to act around each other. I guess that happens when something tragic happens in your  life."

"In what way?" Myungsoo asked, "I know that they are close friends who have been having problems lately.  All friends have arguments.  I am sure they will be getting along with each other soon.  You do not need to worry about anything."

"L hyung...you talk too much when you are lying about something." Sungjong said with a smirk, "Can you please tell me the truth.  I promise to keep it a secret." Sungjong hugged onto Myungsoo some more, "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!"

"Aish! Fine I will tell you." Myungsoo said in an annoyed tone.  He hated explaining things , "But please let go of me Jonggie ah."  Sungjong released Myungsoo. "Sunggyu hyung thinks he has an emotional attachment to noona."

"Emotionally..." Sungjong tilted his head.  "Is that the same as romantically?"

"How am I supposed to know? I have never been in love before, but I think that is why hyung is distracted.  I also think he is a little off his game because he has not been sleeping and he wants to know what Miyoung noona is hiding from him." Myungsoo sighed.

"Things started to get complicated when noona started to go on these marriage interviews.  I think there is someone out there who wants to control who Miyoung noona marries and I do not think it is her father.  I think someone else is pulling the strings."  

"I guess we are going to have to wait and find out the truth." Myungsoo sighed.

"I hate waiting." Sungjong crossed his arms. "Ahh there is the water." Sungjong said cheerfully want walked over to the river.

---

They arrived at the kingdom and Miyoung got out of the carriage to great some of the advisors of the kingdom.  Sunggyu followed her out of the carriage holding onto his arm.  The wound on his shoulder opened up last night, but he did not want to tell anyone.  He did not want his team to worry about him.  Sunggyu bowed at the advisors.

"Princess Miyoung, you arrived here safely."  The advisor smiled, "I will take you to his highness.  Do you want one of you guards to come with you?"

"Do you mind if I make a request?" Miyoung asked.

"Anything Princess Miyoung." The advisor smiled at her, "What is your request?"

Miyoung grabbed onto Sunggyu's arm and pulled him forward.  "Can you have a doctor look at his shoulder?  He got injured protecting me."

"Were you attacked?" The advisor asked.

"Princess..." Sunggyu said as he looked off in the distance.  "I'm fine."  Sunggyu said as he avoided her eyes.  If he looked into her eyes she was going to see right through him.  "You do not need to concern yourself with me."

"YAHH Kim Sunggyu!" Miyoung raised her voice, "Do you think I do not know that your wound opened up.  I am ordering you to have them look at it."  Miyoung took a deep breath and looked at the advisor.  "Take me to the Prince."

Sunggyu sighed and looked towards the boys, "L, go with her."

"..." Myungsoo did not say a word her just followed Miyoung and the advisor.   He was going to do what Sunggyu's eyes told him to do.  

"We have prepared a lunch for you both in the garden's." The advisors spoke.  "He is very excited to meet you."

Miyoung followed the advisor with Myungsoo.  She looked over at the younger man and sighed, "He Myungsoo..." Miyoung whispered.

"You're not escaping." Myungsoo whispered back.

"Aish how did you know I was thinking that?" Miyoung said as she crossed her arms and pouted.  "You're no help."

"I am Gyu hyung's eyes for today." Myungsoo smirked and came to a stop when they arrived at the gardens. His eyes narrowed when he saw the Prince.   Myungsoo did not like the vibe he was getting from him.

"My Prince she has arrived." The advisor said with a smile.

The man stood up and fixed his jacket.  He turned around and Miyoung's eyes widened.  Was she dreaming because he looked just like Sunggyu.  

an - helloooo everyone I hope you like this chapter. Hint Hint Wink Wink! I gave the biggest hint in the world who the prince could be. I wonder...well you are going to have to wait till the next chapte to find out.  This fic will have about 16 more chapters.  I think.  I hope you like what I have to come.  I am going away for a week. THe 17 to the 24th and will not be able to update till I get back.  There is more adventure to come. *Throws hearts* ENJOY!