-Chapter 11-

Shadows of Infinity

-Chapter 11-

Hoya looked at Miyoung as they walked back to her room.  He let out a sigh and noticed her facial expression wasn't too happy.  He wondered what was bothering, "Princess is everything alright?" Hoya asked. 

"There is a lot on my mind Howon. I do not know who I am anymore." Miyoung stopped and looked at Hoya.  "I also don't think I am ready for marriage. My father keeps trying to set me up with different men."

"I understand Princess, but you have your duties and you need to fulfill them. Even if you don't k=like them you have to.  It is part of your life." Hoya said as he looked at her sad eyes.

"I am sick of this life." Miyoung said, "Sometimes I feel like this life is a dream and I was meant to do something else."

"You cannot change your fate." Hoya said as he looked at Miyoung.  He knew what she was going to say to that. 

"I can change my fate Hoya.  I do not want to marry someone I don't love.  I do not want to be forced on someone I don't even know." Miyoung said, "I want to change how things are done around here."  Miyoung said as they arrived at her bedroom door. 

"I understand princess, but things will not change that easily.  It takes some time and the elders are not going to like it." Hoya looked at her.

"I do not care if they don't like it." Miyoung said, "I do not want to be miserable for the rest of my life.  I am going to try and get out of going to that kingdom tomorrow.  I do not want to meet him because I already know that it will not work out."

"Well it is going to be difficult for you to get out of it since your father is having us you there." Hoya said, "We all want you to be happy, but just give this man that you are going to meet a chance. We could not turn down the kings orders."

"I guess I have no choice then." Miyoung said as she opened the door to her room. "Good night Howon.  I will see you and the rest of the boys in" the morning." She entered her room and shut the door behind her.

Hoya just stared at the door for a few minutes and took a deep breath before turning around.  He jumped slightly when he saw Sungjong leaning against the wall. "How long have you been there?" Hoya asked.

"Long enough. Noona does not seem too happy about these marriage interviews." Sungjong said as he walked down the hall with Hoya.

---

Sunggyu crossed his arms and took a deep breath as he looked out at the lake.  He really needed to clear his head and figure out a way not to be so emotionally attached to Miyoung.  Sunggyu could not find it in his heart to be rude to her.  He enjoyed Miyoung's company, but Dongwoo was right. 

Sunggyu sat down in the grass and laid back moments later.  He needed to somehow get rid of his feelings for the princess, but it was going to be hard since he knew Miyoung since he was young.  Sunggyu looked up at the stars and yawned. 

He closed his eyes for a moment and heard footsteps coming closer and closer to him.  He continued to pretend to sleep, but he gripped the small knife that he always kept hidden under his clothing.  His eyes suddenly opened and he paused when he saw who it was.

"Hyung you shouldn't sleep here." Myungsoo said as he sat down next to the older man.  He watched as Sunggyu sat up.

"L, you should be resting we have a mission tomorrow." Sunggyu said with a yawn.

"You should take your own advice, and you're allowed to call me Myungsoo when the other aren't around."  Myungsoo smiled, "Is something bothering you."

"No, there is nothing bothering me Myungsoo.  You do not need to worry about me.  Just worry about yourself and stop fighting with Sungyeol." Sunggyu said.

"I get enjoyment out of fighting with Sungyeol, hyung.  It is fun to see what his reactions are going to be.  Hyung don't tell me not to worry.  You were poisoned and almost killed.  What would we do if we had lost you that day?" Myungsoo asked.

"Follow Dongwoo since he would be the new leader.  He is my second in command and I trust him with my life." Sunggyu said, "Why are you asking me these sorts of questions?"

"I am just concerned for you hyung.  You haven't been yourself lately and the only person who would have a problem with Dongwoo as leader is Woohyun." Myungsoo said, "What happened to make him hate us."

"That is still a mystery to me Myungsoo." Sunggyu said as he stood up.  He held out a hand for Myungsoo's and pulled him to his feet. "Let's get some sleep." The two headed back to their quarters.

---

"Dongwoo everyone knows that I am always right." Woohyun said with a smirk.  "Sunggyu hyung likes Miyoung and Jonggie is..."

"Don't say Jonggie is gay." Dongwoo sat on the table in his room.  "He is far from it Woohyun and what is there not to like about Miyoung?"

"She is a spoiled princess that needs protection all the time." Woohyun said with no emotion.  He did not want to be here right now.  He would rather be out in one of the local bars, picking up women.  Woohyun crossed his arms and looked at Dongwoo.

"Princess Miyoung is far from spoiled.  She can be a bit of a hot head sometimes, but that only happens when you push her to hard." Dongwoo said, "She is not happy right now and doesn't really like status to much.  She is a really nice person you just need to get to know her."

"I don't want to get to know her." Woohyun crossed his arms, "I only joined you guys as my father's dying wish.  I do not understand why he wants me to work with you."

Dongwoo's eyes widened.  So that is why he became a part of Infinite.

"Can I go now?" Woohyun asked and Dongwoo nodded.  He watched the younger man leave his room.  Dongwoo yawned and hopped off of his desk.  There was more to Woohyun that everyone did not know about.  Dongwoo had a feeling that he knew why Woohyun was the way that he was.  He laid back on his bed and fell asleep instantly.

---

Morning was finally here and they were getting ready to leave for the kingdom that they were escorting Miyoung to.  Dongwoo was giving out orders to the others because Sunggyu went to get Miyoung. "Don't forget food and water.  It is going to be a three day trip to get to this distant kingdom."

"Nehh hyung." Sungyeol said as he finished packing up the second carriage with supplies.

"Who is riding in the carriage with Noona?" Sungjong asked as he looked at Dongwoo with his big eyes.  He was hoping that it was him because Sunggyu hyung needed to lead the way. 

"We are going to be taking turns in sitting in the carriage with her.  We will start with the youngest and go up to the eldest." Dongwoo smiled.

"Are you sure it is wise to have Woohyun alone in the carriage with her?" Hoya said.

"I will be in the carriage when Woohyun is in there with her." Dongwoo said as he went down his check list.  "All we need now is Gyuzizi and the Princess."   

an - sorry it took so long for me to update.  I will try to update this more.  I hope you like this chapter hehehe ENJOY *throws hearts*