-Chapter 3-

Shadows of Infinity

-Chapter 3-

Sunggyu walked over to Dongwoo and Hoya "Hyung, finally what took you so long? Your all wet?"   Hoya said as he studied Sunggyu clothing and hair.  Hoya was holding the wild Dongwoo down.

"That is not important right now? Howon what happened to what Dongwoo tried to set on fire?" Sunggyu asked as he kneeled down to Dongwoo's level.

"L took care of it." Hoya said as he continued to hold down struggling Dongwoo. Sunggyu knew that Dongwoo was a bit unstable when it came to him being away from his explosives too long.  Sunggyu knew Dongwoo was sane most of the time.  Sunggyu remembered back to times when downtime between missions was short because Dongwoo could not handle his urge to blow something up in the past.  Something must have set him off, but what was that exactly.

"Sunggyu do you really think this idiot is really fit to be your second in command?" Woohyun said in a cold tone.  "He cannot even control himself!" Woohyun said as he looked at Sunggyu, "Are you going to do something about it?"

Sunggyu ignored Woohyun and took Dongwoo's face in his hands and forced him to look into Sunggyu;s eyes.  Sunggyu noticed that Dongwoo's puples were black.  There was no trace of the warm brown eyes that Sunggyu loved.

Dongwoo I know you are there! Comeback to reality!

Dongwoo's eyes started to soften and he felt like his body started to relax.  He blinked a few times and placed a hand on Sunggyu's wrist, "Gyuzizi did I lose it again?"

Hoya let go of Dongwoo and knew that he was back to normal based on the way he was talking. When Dongwoo loses it, he just calls Sunggyu hyung a hamster.  Hoya crossed his arms and started to feel a strange presents.

"Only for a moment Dongwoo! This is the first time in months that this had happened. Is everything alright?"  Sunggyu asked with concern in his voice.

"I'm fine Gyuzizi. I don't know what came over me. I see that you got Woohyun to join us. What method did you use this time?" Dongwoo looked into Sunggyu's eyes and smirked, "Ahh that one."

"Yahh what are you saying about with your eyes Sunggyu?" Woohyun asked with anger in his voice.  He paused and noticed that Sunggyu's facial expression changed

---

Miyoung pulled out a knife and stabbed the concubine and watched her fall to the floor.  Miyoung opened the door to her room and saw two guards.  She thought that they were on her side, but she was mistaken.

"Jihyun watch the door!" The man grabbed Miyoung by the arm and pushed her into the wall. "Princess Miyoung I am going to make short quick and painless." He walked over to where she was laying and placed a hand on her cheek and pulled out his katana.

"What did she do to you to betray my family?" Miyoung asked as she looked over at the dead concubine and then back into the eyes of the male guard. "Did she sleep with you?"

"She made me see the light princess!"  The guard said as he was kicked it the stomach.  Miyoung stood up and hurried towards the window.  She thought if she was able to climb out on the roof. She would be able to escape.  The guard grabbed onto her hair and pulled her back.  He placed the katana to her neck. "Since you are being difficult I am going to make this slow and painful."

"I am not going to let you kill me." Miyoung said as she placed a hand on his katana and started to move it away.  She elbowed the man in the stomach and hurried over to her fathers concubine that she killed earlier to pull the small knife out of her.  Miyoung did not car that her hand was bleeding.  She just wanted to get this man away from her.

"How the hell could you be this strong?" The guard asked as he studied Miyoung's movement.  He started to wonder about this girl. He quickly charged at her and she tried to dodge, but her shoulder got hit by his katana.  The guard watched as the princess fell to her knees.  Her body was giving out on her and she looked up at the man.  "No one is here to save you! Infinite is too busy training.  We had to wait until Sunggyu went to train the boys."

 "I...I wi..." Miyoung could not get her words out.  Her voice was so dry and she did not know how much blood she lost already.  Miyoung was feeling light headed.

"What is that?" The guard kneeled down to her level and smirked, "Your father should have taken you up on your suggestion.  He should let you learn how to fight, and he would not have lost the two women in his life he truly loved.

"Were you the one who killed my mother?' Miyoung asked as she looked at him with her tired, brown eyes that were starting to lose their sparkle.

"I don't know who killed your mother!" The guard said as he leaned closer to Miyoung's face. "But the person who did you already killed." He whispered into her ear.

---

Sunggyu let go of Dongwoo's face and was getting a bad feeling in his stomach. Sunggyu looked towards the Kingdom and narrowed his eyes.  He did not like this feeling at all and ignored his dongsaengs who were trying to ask him something.

"Sunggyu hyung is something wrong?" Hoya asked Sunggyu.  His animal instints were telling him that something was very wrong.  Hoya was getting the same feeling that Sunggyu was getting.

"Hyung what is wrong?" Sungjong asked as he watched Sunggyu start to run towards the kingdom. He watched as moments later Hoya followed him.  "Hoya Hyung!"

Myungsoo looked towards the kingdom, "Something dark is arising..."

"Wow he spoke!" Sungyeol smirked and put an arm around Myungsoo's shoulder, "Myunggie what do you mean by that?"

"Don't call me that!" Myungsoo took Sungyeols arm and removed it roughly.  "We need to head to the kingdom." Myungsoo started to run towards it and the others followed behind him quickly.  All, but Woohyun moved quickly.  He was just taking his time to get to the kingdom. 

Dongwoo came to a stop and looked back at Woohyun. He sighed and wondered what was wrong with this kid.  He seemed to hate his Gyuzizi.  Woohyun was the last to join them, and he wasn't this cold when he first met him.  Sunggyu and Dongwoo were the original two and then Hoya and Myungsoo joined them.  Hoya fit in well and Myungsoo was a mystery to him and still is.  Sungjong and Sungyeol came next and Dongwoo was worried about Sungjong because he was so young and looked fragile, but the kid is really scary when you get him in a bad mood.  Woohyun came to them when he was ten and was almost past the age of beginning ninja training.  Most of them started at four of five. 

"Why the hell are you waiting for me you psychopath?" Woohyun asked as he caught up to Dongwoo. "It is probably not important!"

"Woohyun it is important and Sunggyu and Hoya are right with their guts most of the time." Dongwoo said.

"The key word is most!" Woohyun said as he crossed his arms. "He is right most of the time. He has been wrong before about his gut."

"You need to trust him! Sunggyu knows what he is talking about and well has been training since he was four. He is skilled and is experience." Dongwoo said.

"Experienced my . He never shows us his true power!" Woohyun made it to the kingdom gates and the kings guards bowed at them. 

"You don't know Gyuzizi well enough than Woohyun. It has been thirteen years. I thought you would have changed. You are still that brat that came to us.  What made you such an arrogant person?" Dongwoo asked in the kindest way possible.  He hates when Woohyun bad talks Sunggyu or any of the other members of Infinite.  They are his family and sees them as his kids. He is the second oldest after all.

---

Sunggyu came to a stop when he entered Miyoungs quarters.  His eyes went wide when he saw the bodies of the guards that protected the princess.  He was shocked of the bloodshed that occurred inside of the kingdom.  Hoya appeared next to him moments later, "Hyung..."

Before Hoya could ask his question Sunggyu was running towards Miyoung's room and noticed that Miyoung's fathers concubines guard was waiting outside of the door.  When he spotted Sunggyu he started to run.  "Hoya go after him and bring him to me alive."

Hoya ran passed Sunggyu and placed his hand on the katana that was resting on his back, and knew that he had to take his person alive.  Sunggyu did not say anything about Hoya injuring him.  He jumped out of the window and chased the man across the roof.  He noticed that the others were just arriving.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol arrived at the same time and noticed that Hoya was up on the roof chasing someone.  They both jumped up and landed on the roof in front of the guard.

Sungyeol smirked, "Where do you think you are going in such a hurry? You are up to something aren't you?"

"You have a look of guilt on your face." Myunsoo said as he pulled out his nun chucks.  

The man brought a knife up to his neck and was about to kill himself, but Hoya grabbed onto his wrist and twisted it back.  He pushed the man onto his knees and placed his katana on the man's shoulder, "You will not die until we know why you were guarding the princess door and why all her guards were dead?"

"Noona's guards are all dead?" Sungyeol asked with wide eyes and Hoya nodded.

---

Sunggyu opened the door quietly as he pulled out the knife he had hidden in his clothing earlier.  He saw the dead concubine in the corner and the concubines guard with his katana near Miyoung's neck.  Sunggyu threw his knife and it hit the guards hand.  The guard quickly turned around and glared at Sunggyu. "You're a fast one Sunggyu! How did you know that something was wrong?"

"My gut! Move away from Princess Miyoung!" Sunggyu took a few steps closer, "You are going to answer my questions!"

"I don't have to answer any of your questions because I will not be alive for them." The guard said as he yanked Sunggyu's knife out of his hand and slit his throat, right when Sunggyu reached him.  "!" Sunggyu cursed under his breath and lunged forward to catch Miyoung. "Yahh Miyoung." Sunggyu placed a hand on her shoulder and felt a sticky substance. When he moved his hand away he saw blood. He quickly lifted her up in his arms.

"Hyung!" Sungjong called and he looked around and saw the dead bodies.  His eyes went wide and he wondered what happened.  "HYUNG!"  Sungjong saw Sunggyu come out of Miyoung's room and noticed he was carrying an unconscious Miyoung in his arms. He ran over to Sunggyu, "Hyung what happened?"

"Seems like there was corruption in the kingdom.  When Dongwoo and Woohyun arrive go to his majesty and tell him that someone tried to kill his daughter.  Hoya went after one of the guards that was involved.  I told him to bring me the guard alive. I am heading to the royal doctor.  Tell the king I will be there." Sunggyu said and was gone in an instant.  Sungjong hated that he had to wait around for is hyungs.  Woohyun always dragged everyone down.

Dongwoo and Woohyun arrived and looked at Sunggjong. Dongwoo was the first to spoke, "What happened?"

"Noona was attacked and Sunggyu hyung brought her to the royal doctor. We are in charge of informing the king!" Sungjong said.

"Of course he would leave us with the hard job?" Woohyun spat.

Sungjong's eyes darkened, "NOONA COULD DIE AND THAT IS ALL YOU CARE ABOUT!" Sungjong lunged himself at Woohyun, but Dongwoo caught his waist.

"Don't I will inform the king you two secure the crime scene!"  Dongwoo said as he hurried to the kings chambers.

an - hey everyone here is chapter 3 I hope you enjoy it. I had fun writing it.  Is there any idol group you want to see in this fic besides Infinite let me know. ENJOY!