-Chapter 10-

Shadows of Infinity

-Chapter 10-

"Sunggyu..." The king looked at the younger man and leaned forward.  He placed his elbows on his desk and placed his hands together.  "There are things that I need to you look into secretly.  I do not want the other boy's to know about this."

"It is about Princess Miyoung isn't it sir. Why do you want to look into your own daughter?" Sunggyu said as he sat down across from the King.

"You seem to know about things that involve my daughter, Sunggyu. You do not need to know why I want you to look into my daughter for me." The king said as he studied Sunggyu.  He wanted to get information from Sunggyu because Miyoung always consoles in him.

"Please don't ask me to spy on her." Sunggyu said with a sad voice. 

"I am not going to ask you to spy on her.  I want you to look into the reasons behind the assignation attempt on my daughter." The King said.

"The people who tried to kill her and me are dead.  Why do you want me to look more into in?" Sunggyu asked.  Sunggyu did not want to fish for the answers the King wanted.  Sunggyu knew that the King already knew some of the answers because Miyoung was always spectical about not being the Kings child. 

"Sunggyu is something wrong? You seem to be in deep thought." The King asked.

"I don't want you to be offended by my question sir so I think it is wise if I don't ask it before I know more information about why someone wants Princess Miyoung dead."  Sunggyu was about to stand up.

"Don't let the other boys know what you are up to Sunggyu!" The King looked at Sunggyu.

"They will not know a thing sir.  They do not know much about me to begin with.  The only person who truly knows me is Dongwoo.  He is like a brother to me and I trust him completely even though he has a problem with pyrotechnics."

"You two are like brothers and I should expect that, but you cannot tell Dongwoo anything unless he figures it out." The King said calmly, "One more thing Sunggyu..."

"Yes, Sir." Sunggyu turned to look at him. "Is something wrong?"

"What happened to my daughter in the woods?" The King asked.

"When I asked her she said she fell off of her horse.  Is that all sir." Sunggyu asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"This is all Sunggyu.  You boys should rest up.  I have another assignment for you boys at the end of the week."  The King said.

"What Kingdome do we need to infiltrate this time?" Sunggyu asked.

"No infiltration Sunggyu. You boys will be escorting my daughter.  She will be spending sometime in a neighboring Kingdom.  She has a marriage interview there and I do not want her to wiggle her way out of it." The King said, "You are dismissed."

Sunggyu exited the King's office and noticed that Dongwoo was waiting for him, "Always curious aren't you Dongwoo."

"Curiosity gets the best of me hyung. You were in there for quite awhile.  Let me guess. We have a new mission." Dongwoo grinned.

"We do as the princesses escorts." Sunggyu said as he walked down the hall with his arms crossed, "She i s not going to be too happy about this one."

"Marriage interviews again?" Dongwoo asked.

Sunggyu nodded. "She hates them and her father things she will try her best to get out of it if we are not the ones who are escorting her."

---

Miyoung was sitting on the roof with her arms crossed.  She was confused and unhappy at the same time.  She heard a noise and pulled out a knight.

"Put that away Princess. It is just me!" Woohyun said with a smirk as he sat down next to her.  He looked over at her. "Someone is really jumpy. Did you wish I was Sunggyu?" Woohyun smirked he wanted to get some information about Sunggyu from the Princess."

"What do you want Woohyun." Miyoung said in a cold voice.

"Why do cold? Did I hit a sore spot?" Woohyun smirked as he watched Miyoung's eye twitch.  Woohyun scooted closer to her and Miyoung moved away.

"Go away Woohyun." Miyoung said in an annoyed voice.

"I like it up here.  I want to just watch the stars." Woohyun said with a sly smirk on his face. He wanted information about Sunggyu. He wanted her to crack.

"You just want information on Sunggyu and what he was like when he was a kid.  We used to play together often, but he did have to train often.  He quickly rose to the top. If you want any dirt on him you will not find it from me.  I trust Sunggyu with my life.  He has always been there when I needed him.  He looks out for me because I am a bit reckless." Miyoung said, "He is my best friend!"

"That is not what I wanted to..." Woohyun said and started to whine moment later.  He looked back and noticed Hoya had grabbed onto his ear.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU BASTARD?" Hoya yelled.  Hoya was giving Woohyun his signature face.  He was not to happy with Woohyun right now.

"Just talking to the princess." Woohyun whined ever more. "Let go of my ear."

"You are lying.  I can tell." Hoya said with anger in his voice.

"You and your damn animal instincts." Woohyun said, "Go play with Jonggie. We all know that runt is gay."

"YAHHH!" Hoya raised a fist and was about to punch Woohyun when Miyoung caught his arm.  Hoya looked over towards Miyoung with wide eyes.

"See Howon she loves me and does not want you to hurt my handsome face."  Woohyun said arroagntly.

"ENOUGH!" Miyoung yelled, "Why do you have to be such a bastard Woohyun.  Do not talk badly about Gyu, Jonggie, or the rest of the boys.  I understand that you were the last one to join Infinite, and sometimes I wish you didn't join them.  You are such a trouble maker."

"You bit..." Woohyun felt a knife against his neck.

"Say that word and I will kill you!" Sunggyu said with no emotion in his voice. 

"You don;t have the guts to hurt me Gyu!" Woohyun said slyly and coughed when he felt the knife go into his skin slightly.

"Gyuzizi stop." Dongwoo pulled Sunggyu's arm away from Woohyun.  He let out a sigh and watched Sunggyu start to calm down, "Howon the princess back to her quarters.  Woohyun we are going to have a talk. Meet me in my room. I will be right there."

Hoya nodded and held out an arm from Miyoung and she took it.  Hoyas led her off the room and started to walk towards the main building. 

Woohyun disappeared and Dongwoo eyes darted towards Sunggyu, "What the hell are you thinking hyung.  You should not threaten things like that."

"Woohyun should not call Miyoung a ." Sunggyu said with pain in his voice. "He doesn't know her." Sunggyu's fist clenched.

"Gyu hyung you told me not to let emotions get in the way of our lifestyle.  You are getting to emotionally attached to Princess Miyoung.  You need to let go of those feelings and do your job as our leader." Dongwoo said as he rain his hand through his hair.

"I know Dongwoo, but lately..." Sunggyu paused and noticed Sungjong appearing out of nowhere.

"Hyungs is something wrong?" Sungjong rubbed his eyes.  They must have woken him up from his sleep. Sungjong always goes to sleep early.

"Everything is fine. Dongwoo you talk to him.  I am going for a walk to clear my mind." Sunggyu jumped off the rood and disappeared.

an - long time no update. Well here is the update and I hope you like it.  I am trying to figure out a marriage interview canidate.  I have a few in mind, but that will have to wait.  Who do you think will be a canidate?

ENJOY

Please check out my two new fics if you haven't already...

Tower - my twist on the story of rapunzel

and ...

Espionage - Infinite as spies what could get any better...you can apply to be paired with an Infinite member who is your rival in the spy industry. OOOoooo