-Chapter 4-

Shadows of Infinity

-Chapter 4- 

Miyoung opened her eyes slowly and looked at her father who had tears in his eye. Miyoung hated seeing her father so sad. The last time he was like this was when the queen died of unknown causes. "Father please don't cry."

 "You got hurt Miyoung. I almost lost you. If Sunggyu did not arrive when he did you could have died. I am really glad that Sunggyu got to you when he did.  I owe that man for saving my one and only daughter." Miyoung's father pulled her into a hug.

 "But I did not die" Miyoung said, "I survived isn't that all that matters?" Miyoung sat up slowly. There was a knock on the door and it was her fathers advisor.

 "Your highness the king and the son of the neighboring kingdom is here to see you.  Should I tell them now is not a good time?" The advisor asked and bowed towards the king.  " They are waiting to speak with you in your chamber." The advisor said.

 "It is better if I talk to them.  I do not want any other kingdom to know what happened today." Miyoung's father placed a hand on her shoulder and sighed, "I will be back soon my child." Miyoung's father stood and left with his advisor.  Miyoung sighed with relief.  She loved her father, but this would not have happened if she had proper

 "Hey princess!" Dongwoo said as he appears suddenly. He sat across from her with a huge grin on his face, "Are you feeling any better?"

 "I wish I could have defended myself against those men.  Just because I am a girl doesn't mean I should not know how to fight." Miyoung said as she reached for the cup of green tea that was on the table by her bed.

 Dongwoo reached for the tea and picked it up.  He handed it to Miyoung and sighed, "You need to take it easy Princess Miyoung.  I will try to have Sunggyu hyung convince your father to have us teach you how to defend yourself. "

 "I would like that Dongwoo..." Miyoung took a sip of her tea and let out a sigh. "Dongwoo ah..."

 "Yes, Princess Miyoung?" Dongwoo looked at her and blinked a few times. He has always been fascinated with her.  Ever since he met Miyoung there was something different about her.  It wasn't till later in life that he found out the truth, but was forbidden to tell Miyoung.  They have all been forbidden to speak the truth about Miyoung.

 "Dongwoo I sometimes I feel like I don't belong in this family.  I look nothing like my parents.  There is a part of me saying that I am living a lie."

 "Noona you must be...I mean Princess..." Dongwoo bowed because he continued to make mistakes in front of Miyoung.

 "Yahh Jang Dongwoo! You of all people should know I don't care about formalities." Miyoung took another sip of tea and start to cough. Miyoung felt her bed shift slightly and Dongwoo was patting her on the back.

 "Noona you been through a lot and should not be having thoughts like that.  Get some sleep." Dongwoo smiled weakly.  "I will be guarding your door with Sungyeol and L and Sungjong are guarding the window." Dongwoo stood up and bowed.   He headed towards the door and opened it and closed it behind him.

 "How is Miyoung hyung?" Sungyeol asked.

 "She asked a few questions about what we are forbidden to talk about." Dongwoo let out a sigh. "Miyoung is figuring things out on her own.  We need to make sure she doesn't get hurt by the truth. Is Gyuzizi still interrogating that guard?"

 "Nehh hyung and Hoya stayed with Sunggyu hyung to make sure he doesn't do anything to rash.  Since it is about Miyoung it might get violent."   

 "Violence is never the answer." Dongwoo sighed. "I will have to talk about Gyu hyung about that!"

 "It is the only way to control Woohyun so..." Sungyeol tapped his chin. "Where did Woohyun go away?"

 "How am I supposed to know. I am not his handler." Dongwoo leaned against the wall.

 ---

 Sunggyu grabbed the guard by the hair and pushed him against the wall. "You are going to tell me what the concubine was planning and why you went along with it?"  When Sunggyu did not get the answer he wanted he pulled out the knife out of his sleeve and placed the knife on the man's neck.

 "I will not tell you anything Sunggyu!" The guard smirked. "I know about everything.  I know about that the Princess is not who they are making her out to be." The guard smirked and Sunggyu pushed the knife harder into the guards skin. "There is also a secret that you don't even know about. It has to do with you." The corrupt guard smirked.

 "Seems like a touchy subject for you Sunggyu." The guard smirked.  "You have lived here before Princess Miyoung's father took control. You know about all the corruption that took place.  They mysterious basket that was left on the door step of the former kings brother."  Sunggyu felt something small and pointy poke his wrist. He glared at the man.  "The girl that was found who was sent by the gods and raised as..." Sunggyu broke the man's neck in an instant.

 "Hyung why did you do that?" Hoya asked.

 "He knew too much and I know the reason why they are after Miyoung by the way he was talking." Sunggyu's fist clenched.

 Sunggyu let out a sigh and started to walk away.  He pulled the small needle out of his wrist from the guard tried to use against him and paused for a moment.  He started to wonder why the room was starting to spin.  Sunggyu looked at the needled and noticed that there was a substance on it.  Sunggyu's eyes  went wide, "Hoya get hel..." Sunggyu fell to the floor.

 "Hyung!" Hoya ran over to Sunggyu and picked up the needle. "Poison!" Hoya lifted Sunggyu's arm and placed it over his shoulder.  He disappeared in an instant and was running across the roofs of the kingdom.  Hoya had to get Sunggyu to the royal doctor.  He knew that the doctor could make an antidote.

 ---

 "How could this happen?" The king yelled looking at Dongwoo.  "Sunggyu was the one interrogating the guard and he killed him, but that man poisoned him."

 "The poison has been extracted you highness.  Sunggyu hyung is just resting." Dongwoo bowed his head and continued to get yelled at.

 "Sunggyu should be smarter than that.  How could he let himself get poisoned?" The king sighed.  "I have visitors here and if they find about that the leader of Infinite has been poisoned we are in trouble.  I told them that all seven of you boys were going to his son tomorrow and now how is that even possible."

 "I take full responsibility." Dongwoo bowed, "And there is something else I would like t ask?"

 "What is it Dongwoo?" The king said in an irritated voice. 

"I would like to train Miyoung in the art of the ninja so she is able to defend herself.  We do not want a repeat of today." Dongwoo bowed.

 The king ran a hand through his hair. "Fine, but only I will have my advisor monitor the training. You are dismissed I need to figure out what we are going to do about escorting the prince from out neighboring kingdom."

 Dongwoo walked out of the kings quarters slightly shaking.  He looked up and noticed Hoya waiting for him. "How is he?"

 "Awake, but still slightly weak." Hoya said.  He needs to get liquids and eat and he should be as good as new.  I wonder why that guard tired to poison hyung."

 "He is really close to Miyoung and I think that if Sunggyu got hurt the guard believed that it would hurt the princess." Dongwoo said walking with Hoya. "Has anyone been able to find Woohyu..."

 "I told you that Hamster is weak!" Woohyun appeared, "Just make me the leader already."

 "Dongwoo hyung is in charge for the time being." Hoya said in an irritated voice.  Woohyun was getting on his last nerves.

 "I do not want some psychopath in charge." Woohyun said slyly.

  ---

 The sun has set and Miyoung was laying awake.  She had heard from a little birdie that Sunggyu was hurt.  Miyoung pushed the covers aside and knocked on the window.  "Noona is something wrong?" Sungjogn said as he hopped in from outside.

 "Can you bring me to Sunggyu. I feel bad that he got hurt." Miyoung looked at Sungjong who looked out the window again and noticed that Myungsoo was asleep.  He held out a hand for Miyoung and pulled her out on the roof.  They started to make their way to Sunggyu's room.

 Sungjong opened the window and entered the room. He helped Miyoung off the ledge and smiled, "I will wait outside. Knock on the window when you wish to return to your room."

an - I was finally able to update. I hope you like this chapter. There are two secreats. What do you think they are? ENJOY!