-Chapter 25-

Shadows of Infinity

-Chapter 25-

Sunggyu felt like crap.  He remembered jumping in front of Miyoung and that was all.  His eyes slowly opened and his vision was blurry at first, but it soon became clear.  He looked over and thought he saw Miyoung, but it was just Dongwoo.

"Thank God you're alive Gyuzizi..."  Dongwoo said as he looked at the older man.

"How long have I been..."

"About two weeks."  Dongwoo said as he tried to avoid Sunggyu's eyes.  He did not know how to tell him that they did not know where Miyoung was.   Woohyun said that he had heard a voice in her room that she made the ultimate sacrifice.

Sunggyu held onto his stomach as he sat up, "There is something that you are not telling me.   What happened after I jumped in front of Miyoung? Where is that silly girl anyway?"  Sunggyu asked Dongwoo.  He was still in pain, but it was much worse when his wound was fresh. 

"You fainted right after you confessed your feelings to noona." Dongwoo said, "I think she told me that you kissed her on the lips."

"I did what?" Sunggyu raised his voice.

The door to the room opened and the doctor came in, "Prince Sunggyu you should not work yourself up.  I know that you are worried that Miyoung is missing..."

"What do you mean that she is missing?" Sunggyu asked in a panicked voice.  "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED SINCE..." Sunggyu's vision blurred and he fell into a deep sleep once again.  The doctor sedated him.

"I thought you told him?" The doctor asked.  "I thought that is why he was getting worked up."

"I did not get a chance to tell him.  I was telling him about how he confessed his feelings to Miyoung." Dongwoo sighed.  "Have Hoya and Sungjong returned yet?"

The doctor shook his head.  It doesn't take two weeks to deliver a message. Dongwoo sighed as he stood up.  "Will you tell me when he wakes up again? I am going to need to explain a few things to him." 

"I will, and you should get some rest Dongwoo goon.  You look exhausted."

"I will try. Thank you for taking care of our hyung." Dongwoo bowed and left the room.  He was going to try and find Miyoung before Sunggyu woke up.  He remembered a name that was mentioned.  Dongwoo knew he needed to find this Joon person.  He seemed to know a lot.

---

"You're highness; I know that you are angry with us, but..." Hoya started.

"I do not need to hear it Howon.  You do not think I do not know what goes on with my daughter?" The king said, "She needs to be protected at all times and I do not think it is safe keeping her with Sunggyu...I still find it hard to believe that he is a prince."

"He is the prince your highness.  A demon just..."

"I do not want to hear nonsense about demons because they do not exist." The king said in an annoyed voice.  You are going to stay here with Sungjong and not cause any more damage. I will send someone to fetch my daughter and have her marry who I wanted her to marry in the first place."

"It seems like you do not care about your daughter's happiness at all.  She loves someone and you do not see it." Hoya said.

"You dare speak to me like this, Howon?" The king asked in an annoyed one.  Ever since Miyoung was attacked things started to get difficult.  His cocubine figured out the truth about Miyoung and started to target her.  He shouldn't have told her that Miyoung was given to him by the gods because his wife could not have children.

"I speak to you this way because the seven of us care about Miyoung.  Gyu hyung was nearly killed protecting her.  He would give up anything for her...because..."

"Out with it Howon?" The king asked.

"They are in love and there is nothing you can do about it." Hoya said, "Excuse me, but I need to return to that kingdom because my friends life may still be in danger.  Sunggyu is more than a leader to us.  He is like a real brother." Hoya bowed and left the room.  He saw Sungjong waiting for him.  "Are you ready Jonggie?"

"Nehh..." Sungjong said as he followed Hoya towards the stables.  He was unsure if they were going to allow them to leave, but they had their priorities.  It was protecting both Miyoung and Sunggyu.

---

"I told you that I would not go back to him. We made a deal and I intend on keeping it." Miyoung said in an annoyed voice.  She was dressed in black and her hair was tied in a messy bun.  "I locked my heart away."

"And you better keep it that way Princess Miyoung."  The boss said in a cold voice. 

"As long as you keep him alive then I am fine with locking my heart away. I will try to forget him, but I cannot make promises of forgetting the person I love.  He will always...be a part of me." Miyoung bowed before leaving the room. 

Joon appeared after she left and crossed his arms.  He did not like that they were lying to her.  She was tricked to come with them.  Joon looked towards his boss, "Are you sure this is the best way sir?" 

"We cannot tell her that he survived on his own." The boss looked at Joon.  "Don't tell me that you are having second thoughts about what we have done?"

"Do you really think it is healthy for her to lock her..."

"Joon! It had to be done.  She was too upset to think straight and that worked to our advantage.  You are going to train her.  You know that she is special and now that Miyoung is in our hands. I will become the new ruler of Inspirit. If you are not going to go along with my plan I can always kill you now."

"I will go along with your plan.  I just do not like it." Joon said, "If this backfires we know whose fault it is going to be." Joon walked out of the room.

"Mir..." The boss said. "Keep a close eye on Joon. I have a feeling that he is going to betray me."

"Yes sir." Mir said as he came out of the shadows and bowed.  Joon lured her here, but something felt off. 

---

Woohyun leaned against the wall and looked at Myungsoo and Sungyeol.

"Are you sure you heard that correctly?" Myungsoo asked as he looked at the older man.  He was having a hard time believing that Woohyun was told that Miyoung went with them to save Gyu hyung.  Sunggyu hyung pulled through on his own.  Why would anyone tell Miyoung otherwise.

"I can hear fine." Woohyun said.

"But when it came to getting orders from Sunggyu hyung you did not listen." Sungyeol said with his arms crossed.

"Miyoung would not runaway or go with someone easily." Woohyun looked at them. "Even though I come off as an arrogant person, I can read people well.  Miyoung is in love with Sunggyu and would do anything to keep him alive.  If someone told her that they had a way to keep him alive she would agree to it."

"I believe that is what happened too." Dongwoo said leaning against the door.  "I am going to go searching for Miyoung before Sunggyu hyung wakes up."

"Hyung you are not going alone." Sungyeol said in a worried tone. 

"I want you three to stay here and try to keep Sunggyu hyung from doing anything stupid when he wakes up again.  The doctor had to sedate him because he was panicked.  We cannot have that happen again." Dongwoo said in a serious tone.

"We will do that for you hyung." Myungsoo said in a calm tone.

"Good because I am leaving you in charge Myungsoo." Dongwoo said as he looked at the three. "I will do my best to return in a week."

"Good luck hyung." Sungyeol said as he looked at the other two.

---

"Miyoung..." Sunggyu said in his sleep.  "Where are you?"

an - I hope you like this chapter. There are five more chapters to go till the end of this story.  What do you think will happen?