-Chapter 23-

Shadows of Infinity

-Chapter 23-

When Sunggyu heard her scream that became his strength to defeat the last guard.  Sunggyu's katana plunged through the guard's chest and he watched the man fall to the ground.  He opened the door and saw Henry hovering over Miyoung, "Let her go."

Henry looked over to the door and smirked. "I knew you would come if she was put into any danger." Henry got off of Miyoung, but pulled her up with him. 

"It is my responsibility to protect her." Sunggyu said in a cold voice.  "You are not going to lay your dirty hands on her.

"You're in love with her aren't you?" Henry asked as his nails started to dig into Miyoung's arm.  "Do you know that loving this girl is dangerous?  It is only going to get you killed Sunggyu."

Miyoung body no longer felt numb.  She could finally move again and a smirk appeared on her lips.  "Do you really think that I am that easy?"  Miyoung pulled out a small knife that she always kept hidden in her hanbok.  She always kept a knife on her after she was attacked.

"What can you do to me Princess?" Henry asked and Miyoung sliced at his arm.  He released her and she hurried towards Sunggyu. 

"Sung..."

Sunggyu placed a finger to her lips. "I know the truth about myself. You do not need to explain anything to me Miyounggie." Sunggyu said as he took a step in front of Miyoung. "If you touch her again I will kill you." Sunggyu said in dark voice.

"Is love clouding your judgment Sunggyu. Can't you see that she is holding you back from having great power?" Henry said as his hand turned into a sword.  "One of you have to die. It is up to you Sunggyu. Who is going to be the one to die?"

"The one who is going to die is you." Sunggyu said as he looked at Henry.  He has never fought a demon before or has he? Sunggyu tried to remember the exact details of when he was attacked, but could not remember them. 

"Don't strain yourself Sunggyu, you will not be able to remember." Henry sad as he appeared behind Miyoung and was about to stab her, but Sunggyu pulled her into a hug and turned her around, pushing her against the wall. He shielded Miyoung with his body.  Sunggyu vowed to not let anything to ever happen to her.  He would give up his life for her.  He was a ninja first and a prince second.  

Henry's sharp blade penetrated Sunggyu's skin, creating a deep wound across his back, "You are a fool Prince Sunggyu.  You have always been a fool.  You should have never followed me that day.  It changed your destiny that is leading to your death."

"Sunggyu...." Miyoung called out and dropped to the floor with him in her arms.  

"Time for you to die, Princess." He was about to attack Miyoung when a bright light shot him back.  He glared at Miyoung and disappeared moments later.  He knew that people will start to remember the truth because of this girl. 

"Sunggyu..." She started to cry.

"Please don't cry Miyoung..." Sunggyu said as he reached up and touched Miyoung's cheek with his bloody hand.  "It is my job to protect you."

"It isn't your job for you to die for me.  It was never your job to die.  Please do not say that it is. Sunggyu please..." Miyoung cried more. 

Sunggyu sat up slowly holding the wound with one hand and kept his other hand on her cheek.  He dried some of her tears.  "Miyounggie..." Sunggyu coughed.  "I have to say this before I..." Sunggyu leaned closer to Miyoung's face.  "Miyoung I love you." Sunggyu pressed his lips against Miyoung's and moments later his eyes closed and he fell into Miyoung's lap.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

---

Dongwoo and Sungyeol looked at each other with wide eyes.  Miyoung's scream filled the air and they were hoping that she wasn't dead.  They knew that Miyoung was left defenseless.  She was still learning from them.  They would not be able to live with themselves if she was killed, but why was she screaming for Sunggyu. 

"Sungyeol..." Dongwoo looked at the younger male and he nodded.  They knew that going to Miyoung was more important than playing with some silly guards. 

"Right." Sungyeol said as he punched one of the guards. "That's what you get for locking us up you bastard." Sungyeol grabbed the man buy the collar. "Now where are they holding Princess Miyoung? I just heard her scream?"

"The north end of the castle, but you are not going to make it in time.  She will soon be..."

Sungyeol snapped the man's neck before he could say anything else.  He did not want to hear it.  Miyoung would not fall that easily.

Dongwoo and Sungyeol ran towards the northern end of the kingdom and they ran into Myungsoo and Sungjong.

"I thought you were creating mayhem?" Myungsoo asked in a cold voice.  He was too busy thinking about Miyoung and Sunggyu's safety right now. Myungsoo knew that Sunggyu would go to Miyoung.  He knew something may have happened to him.

"We heard Noona scream. I have a bad feeling about something." Sungyeol said as he hurried with the two boys.  

Sungjong arrived at the room first and came to a stop. For the first time in years, Sungjong was frozen in fear.  "GYU HYUNG....NOONA..."

---

"What do you mean that Gyu hyung is a prince?" Hoya asked.  "He has always..."

"He has not always been with your kingdom.  He arrived there when he was five years old.   My older brother is the royal doctor of your kingdom."  The doctor looked at Hoya.  "You should ask your friend Dongwoo about it.  He should know about when Sunggyu arrived."

"Why should we believe you?" Woohyun asked in a cold voice.  He still felt like this man was trying to keep them from finding Miyoung and Sunggyu.

"Because he is the key to change Inspirit for the better." The doctor said with his arms crossed.  "Princess Miyoung is also special.  She is not the true daughter of your king.  Miyoung was given to the King of your kingdom by the gods."

They heard a scream fill the air. 

"Woohyun we need to go..." Hoya said, "We will be back for more answers."

"I am coming with you ..." The doctor said as he followed the two men.  He knew something happened to Sunggyu.  He just felt it.  The doctor knew that Sunggyu was in love with Princess Miyoung and would do anything to protect her.

Woohyun and Hoya hurried down the hall.  "Please do not let..."

"What are you thinking Woohyun?" Hoya asked.

"I think something happened to Sunggyu hyung."  Woohyun said.  He felt like his heart was shattering.  Woohyun has been horrible to Sunggyu and he would not be able to forgive himself if the older man dies.  He wanted to tell Sunggyu he was sorry about his behavior.

"He would not fall easily." Hoya said trying to keep Woohyun from breaking down, but he already knew that Sunggyu was severely injured or worse...dead.

---

"Sungjong what is..." Dongwoo paused and looked at Miyoung who was in tears and then he saw it.  Sunggyu's bloody body in Miyoung's lap. "Miyoung what happened?" Dongwoo was trying his best to remain calm.  He needed to be strong for his little brothers, but it was becoming difficult, seeing Sunggyu's lifeless body.

"He..he sac..sacrificed himself for me, and..." Miyoung said as more tears streamed from her eyes.  She looked at Dongwoo, "He told me that he loves me..."

"I never go to tell him how much I love him, Dongwoo." Miyoung cried. "I was always pushing him away and now he is..."

"Don't say it." Myungsoo said in a hurt voice.

"Gone..."

an - don't kill me with this chapter. I am not done with this story yet. Do you think Sunggyu died or ??? It is up to you with your guesses.  There will be a return of two characters that I mentioned a few times in this story.

Well Enjoy