Rejection

The Boy and The Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We stood in the middle of our school’s backyard for about 5 minutes, without speaking. Awkward, I know. But knowing that he’s not somebody weird, I wasn’t as nervous as I was before.

 

He says he knows me, but how? No one has ever known my presence… well, until yesterday.

“You want to know how right?”

Did he just read my mind? He’s right, I am a little curious but not enough for me to ask directly.

I think he knew that he had read my mind but I don’t think he was planning to tell me.

There was a long pause until he decided to break it, “I’m not kidding about what I said yesterday or today. I really do want to be with you.”

At that very moment, an adrenaline rush hit me and I felt like I couldn’t handle this joke anymore.

“Wha… what… are you… talking… a… about? It’s… it’s… impo… impossible!” I stuttered nervously as I still had my eyes directed on the ground. I don’t even know him! Why me? I’m just an ordinary nerdy girl and he’s the school’s popular boy. Who has ever heard of this ridiculous match?  Plus, he’s also an hoobae.

“I… I’ve… had… peace… ful… school years until… you… you… did what… you… did yesterday. Please stop!”

I grabbed the ends of my sleeves nervously and glanced at him. I was surprised when I noticed a hint of sadness coming from his eyes.

“I… didn’t mean to disturb your life.” He quietly said.

“I didn’t mean to give you troubles either. It’s been a year now. I just really wanted to let you know my feelings.”

 I froze. A year?

“I guess I really did make the wrong decision confessing to you in such a way but it’s okay, I know one day you will eventually accept me. For now, I’ll continue to silently watch you from behind.”

Goosebumps crept up my back after hearing him say that. Most people would call that creepy but somehow seeing his genuine smile made up for it.

As we stood there, suddenly, a voice came from behind me. “ARA-ah!”

I immediately turned around and saw Chunghei running towards me. I felt relieved.

When she got to me, she immediately pushed me behind her and shoved him. He didn’t fall.

“YAH! Why do you keep picking on Ara?!  You confessed to her, kidnapped her and even kissed her! Is that not enough already?! What do you want now?! Just because you have the power in this school, it doesn’t mean you can pick on whoever you want!”

Chunghei then shockingly threw a punch on his face and he landed on the ground.

My eyes widened as I covered my mouth in shock.

When he turned around on the ground, his mouth started to bleed.

As I was about to run over to see if he’s okay, voices came from behind. When I looked back, 11 guys from earlier were running towards us. “D.O-ah, are you okay?” All of them said at the same time while helping him up from the ground.

All of them glared at Chunghei.

“YAH! Are you crazy?!” The one who seems to be the oldest yelled.

“Grea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter