The Unexpected

The Boy and The Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walked into the greenhouse and the smell of fresh flowers just came at me. I think I made the right choice of coming here; the warmth and bright colors is so relaxing, especially after hearing the good news. I set my backpack on the little table and started doing my usual thing.

 

An hour later, I was finished. A smile naturally came upon my face along with the feel of accomplishment. I gently placed the spray bottle down and sunk into the chair.

As I admired the beautiful scenery, I recalled myself treating D.O’s cut at the very same spot. I let out a deep breath and rested my head on my arms on the table. Thinking back to that day, I just chuckled due to embarrassment.

Slowly, I allowed myself to fall asleep.

 

My hands started to get numb and tingly from my heavy head placed on it for so long. I think it’s time to get up. I lazily opened my eyes and my first thought? I’m still in my dreams.

Sluggishly, I sat up and turned to my right where I spot a familiar figure. I adjusted my glasses and opened my eyes even more to confirm.

It’s D.O… WAIT! IT’S D.O!

I quickly pinched myself to make sure this is reality.

“Ouch!” It’s real, it’s him. He’s in front of me.

He was crouched down just a little below my eye level and had his eyes on me the entire time.

“It’s not a dream, don’t worry” he laughed.

Instead of paying attention to what he was saying, I was mesmerized by his charismatic smile and attractive voice that I haven’t heard in days. Not to mention that his angel-like face and deer-like eyes caused a random burst of happy feeling within me.

At that very moment, I had an urge to hug him.

And I did.

We were close. So close that I felt his comforting heartbeat on my chest and hot breath against the side of my neck.

He seemed surprised but quickly laughed at me, “if I knew you’d be like this, I would’ve disappeared earlier.”

His words then woke up the inner Song Ara. I finally realized what I was doing and panicked instantly. I gasped in shock and released him. But I wasn’t going anywhere because his arms that were wrapped around my waist forcefully pulled me close to him again. This time, I couldn’t resist but instead I sincerely smiled without him noticing.

 

I don’t even know how long we were hugging for. As time passed, my breathing was getting more and more irregular from nervousness. Just when I thought I was hyperventilating, he finally let go of me. I immediately started striving for air.

He grabbed my hands and clasped t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter