Uncontrollable Thoughts

The Boy and The Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day at school…

 

“Ara… Ara… Ara!” I jumped a little when I finally felt Minjae-ssi patting my shoulder trying to get me out of blanked-out mode.

My eyes widened nervously, “N… ne?”

He chuckled at my response, “you were just talking about the charity book fair?”

Right, I was. I looked around the tiny room and saw all of my club members who were also looking at me in confusion. Embarrassed, I cleared my throat a bit and continued where I had left off, “so I… I was say… saying…”

 

The meeting ended just a little before the bell rang for class. I felt quite regretful and bad for acting so unfocused at the very first meeting of the year I prepared so much for.

I began walking down the hallway alone while holding my books close to my chest. It wasn’t long before Minjae-ssi joined me, “hey! Wait for me!” I was startled again from his touch and felt shy from his sudden presence.

“Are you okay? You seem a bit off” he asked with heavy concerns.

I paused and even wondered about that question myself, am I okay? I slightly nodded, “I’m o… okay.”

Minjae-ssi smiled in confirmation and continued talking about random things but really, I was too engrossed in my thoughts to have heard what he had said.

After we turned a corner, I immediately became alert seeing EXO with a bunch of fan girls following closely behind. Rather than keeping my head down as usual, my eyes started wondering to see whether I could spot D.O. Unfortunately, he wasn’t there at all. This didn’t seem normal to me, he’s always with them.

As disappointed as I was, I felt happy when I saw everyone in EXO secretly waving at me. At that very moment I even had the urge to ask whereabouts D.O is but I knew that it wasn’t the right timing so I passed by them silently.

 

I’ve always enjoyed class to the point where I would wondered why it has to end so fast every day. But today, it just kept dragging and dragging to the point where I got a bit frustrated. Perhaps it’s because my mind has been left somewhere else.

After we were dismissed Minjae-ssi turned towards me excitedly, “Ara, are you busy to…”

He was interrupted by Chunghei who yelled my name by the classroom door. I forced a smile at her then looked back at Minjae-ssi who seemed like he had more to say, “I… I ha… have to… to go.”

I noticed how I’m not as nervous in front of Minjae-ssi today. In fact, I even noticed how I’m just not myself today either. I sulkily hung my backpack on my shoulder and walked out.

 

Chunghei and I linked arms as we were walking home.

“So what happened yesterday? You didn’t answer any of my calls, I was worried!” Chunghei complained and pouted her lips right after.

“Mianhe…” I responded with guilt. I’ve never ignored/missed Chunghei’s calls or texts but yesterday was a first.

“Did something happen between you and D.O?” she skeptically asked. I shook my head immediately.

When I looked up and met Chunghei’s eyes I knew then that I just couldn’t tell her what had happened…

 

*Flashback*

As the ambulance’s siren got closer and closer, the crowd started to disappear.

D.O held the girl close to his heart and had his chin rested on the crown of her head. “You’ll be okay, you’ll be okay” he k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter