Messages

The Boy and The Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“AHH!”

I quickly shot up from the bed and took deep breaths constantly without breaks. I placed my hand over my heart which was beating at an abnormally fast pace. My forehead was literally soaked in sweat.

I was scared. Really scared.

Chunghei immediately sat up from the bed as well. She switches on the lamp on the nightstand, “Ara! Are you okay?! What’s wrong?”

I just looked at Chunghei but couldn’t respond as I continued to strive for air.

She stepped off the bed and grabbed a couple of tissues off her desk.

She then rushes back to me and dabs my face gently, “what’s wrong Ara? Don’t scare me.”

Seeing Chunghei’s worried face, I forced myself to calm down.

“Ara, look at me. You’re okay, you’re safe here” Chunghei hushes as she holds my face in her hands.

I nodded and gulped, “I’m…I’m fine”

Chunghei instantaneously relaxed, “did you have a nightmare again?”

Yes, I have had the same horrifying dream for the last three nights. It seems like I haven’t completely conquered what happened that day.

“It’s okay, take your time. I know you can overcome this Ara” Chunghei supported.

I nodded again.

“I’ll grab you some water okay?” Chunghei then left the room.

 

The next morning I woke up bright and early as I couldn’t sleep anymore.

I looked to my left where Chunghei was. I smiled seeing her baby-like sleepy face.

I then grabbed my crutches that were leaning on the wall and slowly left the room as quietly as possible.

Right after I closed the door behind me a maid suddenly appeared.

“Good morning Miss Ara, can I get you anything?”

I smiled and shook my head, “it’s okay Miyun-ssi, I can handle myself.”

Chunghei’s house is basically my other home and vice versa. I’ve eventually came to know everyone’s name and position in the house.

After washing up, I changed the bandage on my cheek and applied fresh cream. Although my face is still pretty bruised, the swelling definitely went away. The gash on the corner of my lips is also healing well.

When I slowly and steadily made my way downstairs a bunch of maids came at me, “good morning Miss Ara, would you like some breakfast?”

“You guys can just call me Ara, it feels weird otherwise. Plus, we’ve grown close right?” I said humbly.

They all shook their heads, “aniyo, if Mrs. and Mr. Choi heard us speaking formally to a guest we’ll get in trouble.”

I can understand that they have their rules to follow as Mrs. and Mr. Choi do stress on being polite and respectful to all guest, “arraso, I understand.”

“Breakfast?” they asked again.

“I’m okay, I’m not hungry.”

“But Miss. Chunghei told us to make sure that you get all the nutrients that you need in order for you to become healthy again.”

Even if I truly didn’t have an appetite, I couldn’t reject other people’s good intentions, “arraso, can you please make me something?”

They all nodded and went into the kitchen cheerfully. Seeing how in sync they were brought a smile to my face.

I then looked at the clock on the wall that read 7:30AM. I should go wake up Chunghei for school.

Just as I was about to walk onto the first step, the doorbell suddenly ringed.

The maids rushed hastily to the door to greet whoever it was.

I peeked and unexpectedly saw D.O; my heart fluttered immediately.

Although I’m not entirely ready to come in direct contact with D.O, I was happy to just look at him from a distance. However, it really worries me to see how tired he looks.

“Annyeonghaseyo, how can I help you?”

“Annyeonghaseyo, can you please give this to Song Ara?” D.O handed a notebook to her.

“Ne, I will pass this on to Miss Ara. Should I leave your name for her as well?”

“Aniyo, this notebook is good enough.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter