Realization

The Boy and The Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was now 8:00PM, meaning D.O has been missing for a total of 5 hours. And the worst part is, we don’t even have a single clue whatsoever about where he is. His parents called Baekhyun just before dinner time asking for him but Baekhyun had to lie in order to not get them worried.

 

After searching the whole city’s every streets and corners, we ended up meeting with the rest of EXO at the same café to discuss what to do next.

“DAMN IT!” Chanyeol slammed his fists on the table, frustrated.

Suho puts his arm around Chanyeol’s shoulders. He patted him as comfort.

I just sat there, blanked out. My mind was still lost… I’m so worried about him.

Where are you D.O?

I felt my eyes getting watery again as my lips trembled.

“We should call the police” Kai suddenly said as he buried his face into his palms.

“But D.O said not to” Luhan responded.

Sehun shook his head in distress, “the longer it takes to find him, the more danger he might be in though.”

“The only reason D.O said that was probably because he knows it’s Kang Yoohee’s doing again” Chen claimed.

“Why does he always have to protect that witch?!” Kris added, annoyed.

Xiumin pouted, “I just hope he’s okay…”

“I doubt it! Man, I’m going to kick some when we find those bastards that took him” Tao clenched his fists.

“I think the only way to find him now is through Kang Yoohee” Lay said with confident eyes.

Baekhyun immediately sat up straight, “she won’t give it up. We tried” he said while glancing over at me.

The image of how I begged her then flashed up in my head.

“What should we do now?” Chunghei asked.

No one said a thing.

 

I splashed water against my face and looked into the mirror. I suddenly felt so useless.

D.O was always there for me but what about me? I can’t do anything to help him...

Just as a tear escaped my eye and blended in with the water droplets, my phone vibrated.

I quickly reached into my pocket and saw a text message notification on the display.

My eyes quickly widened in fear. It was from an anonymous number:

 

If you want to see him, come to the school’s gymnasium at 10.

Don’t you dare bring your little friends or else…

 

I couldn’t believe it.

D.O’s at school; that’s the only place we didn’t think to look as everything usually gets locked up after 6. And they know my number, meaning it’s definitely someone that knows me… Kang Yoohee.

My hands then started to shake uncontrollably.

I don’t know what’s going to happen but I’m going; not matter what it takes, I can’t let D.O get hurt anymore.

 

I quietly rejoined EXO and Chunghei with guilt as I couldn’t possibly tell them about the message and D.O’s location.

It was still silent at the table and the boys all looked exhausted. Seeing them like this makes my heart hurt even more. I know D.O doesn’t want to see them like this either.

“C’mon, let’s continue looking for D.O. If we don’t find him by midnight, we’ll call the police” Suho suggested.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

 

After Baekhyun, Chunghei and I departed our ways with EXO, I started to get nervous. I have to think about how to get away from Baekhyun and Chunghei.

When the three of us came across a busy street, I knew this was my only chance.

“Ara, are you okay?” Chunghei asked which caught me off guard.

I probably looked uneasy, “I’m… I’m okay…”

“Don’t worry Ara, we’ll find D.O” Baekhyun reassured.

I nodded feeling even more guilty.

Being someone who had always hated crowds, I never thought how useful they can be at times like these.

As we walked into one, I quickly slowed down distancing away from Chunghei and Baekhyun. I then made sure that their attention was at the front before turning around running for my life.

It seemed easy but my palms were already soaked with stress sweat. I took a deep breath and immediately headed back to school.

On my way there, my phone couldn’t stop ringing.

I knew it was Chunghei looking for me after they finally found out that I left.

“I’m sorry…” I whispered as I watched my phone in my hand.

I then sent my last message before turning it off completely.

 

As I approached the school’s front gates, I saw the dark clouds overshadowing the building; it felt like a sign.

I confusingly looked around for a way to get in. Before I know it, I saw the small arrow drawn on the ground. I knew it was there for me to follow.

It took me to the far end of the campus and there, was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter