Reunited

The Boy and The Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday eventually came along which meant that it was finally the day to take off my cast and sling. It took a while for me to get used to being able to move my joints again but it felt great.

The doctor told me that everything healed extremely well. The little bruises on my neck and the light purple on my cheek are still visible but can be easily covered by makeup.

After spending so much time away from home, I think I was ready to head back. Chunghei, of course, was still afraid that I wasn’t but since that day of seeing the notebook and crying until I couldn’t anymore, I’m confident that I can overcome my fears.

Just as I reached the door I could already hear omma’s cheerful voice. It made me smile instantaneously.

I opened the door and there they were sitting at the dinner table chatting away.

“Ara-ah!”  Omma yelled happily when she saw me.

I smiled, “omma, appa, I’m home.”

They both came up and hugged me tightly. I felt the warmth, the love and the care that no one else can possible give me the same way like they do. I realized how much I miss them.

“So did you girls get into any troubles this past week?” Omma playfully teased immediately after releasing me.

I shook my head, “aniyo omma, we’re good children remember?” I played along.

“Did you eat yet? Your omma made really good soup” appa asked.

I nodded, “ne, I ate already at Chunghei’s house. I’m just going to go wash up and then I’ll come down to chat okay?”

They both agreed.

“Arraso, hurry! We have funny stories to tell you!” Omma exclaimed excitedly.

As I walked up the stairs I looked at my parents and felt bad for not being able to tell them the truth about what had happened. However, I rather this where I get to see them so happy and worry-free than having them become sad and concerned about me.

I’m doing the right thing.

 

The next morning Chunghei purposely came over in a car to get me even though I said it was okay not to.

“Are you sure you want to return to school so fast?” Chunghei worriedly asked as we got closer to the school.

I nodded, “I’m fine. It has been a week right?”

“Arraso, if anything I’m here by your side okay?”

I nodded again and smiled, “thank you Chunghei.”

“Aye, what nonsense are you saying? We’re best friends.”

 

When we pulled into the parking lot where no one usually hangs out before classes, I noticed something a little off.

I looked at Chunghei curious

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter