Coffee Shop

The Boy and The Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After putting up the last poster on campus, I met up with Chunghei while Yoohee-ssi said she’ll meet us directly at the coffee shop.

I have to admit that I’m getting nervous about what I’m about to do. Bringing Yoohee-ssi to meet up with EXO is going to be a risky matter but in order to neutralize their mistaken conception of her, it has to be done.

Chunghei, on the other hand, still thinks that I’m being way too sensitive and foolish; for the first time in our friendship, she doesn’t support me on doing this. She’s also quite skeptical on how trustworthy Yoohee-ssi actually is as she feels like D.O isn’t the type of person to give up so easily; especially if he had loved her so much.

Listening to Chunghei actually made me warm on the inside. From hating the guy to now standing on his side and speaking for him, Chunghei has finally accepted D.O.

However, it’s no use now.

 

I spotted D.O without any troubles right after walking into the busy coffee shop.

They were all sitting at the very back chatting and laughing away like usual.

Chunghei looked back at me and whispered, “you can still change your mind you know?”

I bit my lips and glanced at D.O again. I really hope that his innocent child-like smile and happy gestures I see through my eyes now can stay with him forever. I don’t want him to continue keeping the image of Yoohee-ssi ‘cheating’ on him nor do I want him to regret about not knowing the truth.

The little pain that he may experience now will exchange for his forever happiness he’ll create with Yoohee-ssi in the future.

I looked at Chunghei trying to contain those tears coming within me and nodded assertively.

She perhaps saw how I was trying to endure because the last thing she mouthed to me was: “you silly girl.”

 

Chunghei and I started approaching the table and at the same time, D.O turned his head and met my eyes without troubles either.

He took himself away from the table and came towards me with a smile. That very moment made me I wonder whether I should be selfish for once and never let him find out about the truth.

But, I can’t be.

The closer he got the more he noticed the difference in my expression.

“Are you okay? Are you sick?” he worriedly placed his warm palm on my forehead as I stared at him blankly.

“You already seemed a bit off this morning…” he told me with concerns.

I blinked a couple of times before coming back to reality.

I nodded and faintly smiled.

He took my hand and guiding me over to the table to join the rest of EXO.

“O! Hyungsoo-nim, come sit here!” Sehun happily patted the empty seat between him and Chanyeol.

Kai reached over the table and gently smacked his head, “aye! Why would she sit beside you? Of course she has to sit with D.O.”

Everyone laughed, including me.

 

I eventually took the seat beside D.O while sitting across from Chunghei and Baekhyun. I also brought over another chair and placed it right beside Chunghei.

“Is there someone else coming?” Baekhyun asked me curiously.

I nodded, “I hope it’s okay but I invited a friend” I guilty said and glanced at D.O.

EXO all looked at each other. “Yeah! The more the merrier right?” Chanyeol cheerfully said.

I smiled and sat back down beside D.O.

“Which friend?” D.O quietly asked me as he knows Chunghei is pretty much the only friend I have.

I kept my head low, “you’ll see.”

 

10 minutes later, EXO went back to making jokes and fooling around like boys do.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter