An Angel

The Boy and The Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the first day of my 3rd year…

 

 

*R~~~INN~GG~~~!!!*

 

C_ Annyeong, my love.

A_ Chunghei-ah… how much longer do you need? We’re going to be late : (

C_ Aigoo Ara, relax! I’ll be out in 2 minutes! Okie? : )

A_ Araso…

*Click*

 

Chunghei is my best friend; she is also my only friend. We’ve known each other since junior high, so about 10 years now? Her family is ridiculously rich. I mean, what average Korean family owns a 5 storey mansion, 4 cars, a huge backyard pool, and a water fountain in their front yard? Oh! I forgot to mention the butlers and maids. I know, amazing right? When I found out, I was in so much shock that I was on the edge of fainting.

Even with such wealth, Chunghei and her family are super nice and down to earth people. Her parents and mine even became best friends because of our friendship; definitely something worth cherishing forever.

How did Chunghei and I become friends? Long story short, being antisocial and a nerd, I was bullied frequently in my early school years. Of course, no one would step in to save a nerd right? Well… the exception was Chunghei. You guessed it, with her heroic, outgoing and positive personality, she saved me. From then on, we looked out for each other (more like it’s her looking out for me) and became best friends.

 

“Is my hair okay?”

I continued walking with my head down. “Mmm,  it’s okay.”

“You didn’t even look…”

I glanced at Chunghei and quickly returned to the ground. “Mmm.”

“How about…”

I sighed unconsciously. “Everything is fine... You look good Chunghei…”

“What’s wrong Ara?”

I shook my head. “Ani… nothing’s wrong.”

Chunghei stopped walking while I blankly continued. She suddenly yelled behind me, “SONG ARA!”

I turned around immediately, still having my eyes fixated on the ground. Chunghei stomped towards me and got hold of my shoulders.

“Look straight into my eyes!” So I did.

“You survived the first 2 years of University; you only have 2 more to go. You can do this alright?”

Seeing Chunghei’s contagious positivity I couldn’t say no, so… “I suppose...”

She nodded with reassurance and smiled brightly. I gently smiled back.

 

When we arrived at the school gates, we saw more than half of our school’s population gathe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter