Chapter 41

As Well As You're Here

Author POV :

"Please, can you tell me about Sica's condition? " Donghae still begged to the police, hoping to know how's Jessica.

The police would just shake his head.  "I'm sorry, Aiden Lee. "

After hearing his answer, Donghae just sighed heavily and leaned his back against the chair again. The police-in-charge looked at him with his eyes widened a bit. He thought Aiden Lee, the gangster will lose his temper. But it's totally opposite now. Donghae stared at his watch impatiently, as well as the police was staring at him. 

Donghae felt uncomfortable after staring by someone.  "Ehem, " He cleared his throat.  "May I know why are you staring at me? "

This time, the police totally surprised about Donghae's politeness. He used the words 'may I' ...

"Uhmm, you just look different. "

Donghae scoffed. "What's different? I'm still the same look on the newspaper. But before this, can you answer my question? How is Sica, Jessica Jung? "

"I'm sorry to tell you that I'm not sure. A senior went to visit her, he'll be back soon. "

"Th... Thanks... "

Woah, did I just hear wrongly? Aiden Lee was... thanking me? How would a gangster do this? Is it just because of his lady? She'd must be influenced him A LOT. So that call the strong bond of love. A man will turn into a new leaf for his lady...

"Yah... "  

After stopping his thought, he noticed that Donghae was waving his hand in front of him. He shook his head and asked Donghae why.

"Don't daydream. Tell me Sica's condition if your senior's back. "  The police nodded his head and smiled to him.

 

There'll be one more better man in this world...

 

***

"Ms Jung... Ms Jung, are you feeling better now? "

Jessica tried to open her eyes after hearing someone called her. She forced herself to open the eyes, but she failed to. She gave up by slowly opened her eyes. The lights in the ward made her felt dizzy. Slowly, she suited herself to the environment. She saw a doctor and a nurse standing beside the bed. She knew that she's hospitalized.

"Doctor, how is she? " 

Jessica wanted to move herself into a more comfortable position, but her wounds are pain enough to let her stay still. She remembered she was hit by the bullet at her back. Her back is in a huge pain now.She gave up moving and continued listened to the doctor and a man's conversation.

"The bullet hit her back. We'd already took it out, but she still need to stay here for more checkups. At this state, I could just say that she's fine. She just needs some time to recover."

Jessica sighed a bit, made sure that she didn't make big actions.

Wait... baby!   She moved her hand slowly towards her stomach. It is still as flat as usual. But is her baby still inside her tummy?

"Doc...... "  She let out her very lifeless voice.

"Ms Jung, how do you feel? " The man approached Jessica and asked her. Ignoring his question, Jessica continued her words.

"Doctor, how is my baby? "

 

The doctor paused for a while. This made Jessica's heart sank more. Something bad happened.

"Doctor, please...... " Jessica begged him. The doctor sighed and look at the report that he's holding.

 

"Ms Jung... I'm sorry to tell you that... you've miscarried... "

"Miscarried...... " Jessica whispered.

She couldn't believe what she'd heard. Her tears started to full her eyes, and slowly, it dropped out. She sobbed as hard as she could. Then she suddenly cried out loud. She cannot accept the fact about the miscarriage. Her baby. Her and Donghae's baby......

 

"I want back my baby... " 

 

***

The serge walked into the office while loosing the tie around his neck. He sighed since he thought back what doctor told to him just now.

 

"I'm sorry, sergeant. Ms Jung is not able to leave any confessions about the incident. But I'll inform you if her condition is more stable. "

"It's ok... "  The serge sighed, but he can't do anything more.

"No...... "  He quickly looked at Jessica, who is still crying hardly non stop. The nurse came towards her and tried to comfort her. But Jessica just continued hugging the pillow and crying.

"Hae... " She touched her bracelet.

"Hae... Where are you? I need you...... "  She sobbed while saying.

 

The serge didn't know what to do. Should he let Aiden to meet with her? Or not? 

"Serge, how is Ms Jung now? " A police went inside his office after knocking the door. It's the man who was with Donghae just now.

"Not good. She had gone through miscarriage. "

"Miscarriage? "

 

"WHAT? MISCARRIAGE? " Donghae shouted as he ran into the serge's office after going to the toilet.

"Aiden Lee? Why are you here? " 

"What did you say just now? I... I want to see Sica now... " Donghae was totally shocked in what'd happened. All he wants is just be with Jessica.

"No. Bring him back to his seat. " He ordered the police.

"Please, serge. I want to be with her now. She needs me! "

"No. "

 

"Serge, please let Aiden to be with Ms Jung. " The police finally spoke out. He didn't bear to see Aiden kept begging and begging. 

"What? "

"Serge, I promise. " He looked at Aiden. "He won't do anything bad. I'll be with him to visit Ms Jung and look over him. "

"How if there's something happened? "

"... " The police took a deep breathe and continued.  "I'll assume the responsibility. "

 

After a moment of silence, the serge finally agreed letting Aiden to see Jessica. Before the police left with Aiden, the serge warned Aiden for not trying to do anything except visiting Jessica only. Donghae nodded his head and thanked him.

 

***

"Cho Kyuhyun, sit at your place! "

"Where's Aiden Lee? I want to see him! " Kyuhyun yelled in a room, with a police in it.

"You're under arrested now. Just shut up! " The police yelled back. Since Kyuhyun showed his impolite face to him, there's no reason for him to be nice towards Kyuhyun.

"Aiden Lee... "

 

***

"I'll leave you here. anything happen just call me, I'm always out there. "

Donghae smiled to the police and nodded his head before the police left. He's very appreciated to him, who's really trust him even he's just a gangster. 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N : How there? Hehe :) After suffering from the exams' bad results, I'm back to my HOMEWORKS again. Why? Your author-nim looks busy always. Why? I don't know. :P Haha~

Oh. Another chappie here! Miscarriage? OMG! I'm sorry to write that, but it just needed for the story. Oteoke? But here comes Donghae to comfort Sica ^^ The kind police did do a very great job~ And for the Kyuhyun part, I don't know what to write, so I just simply added in... :P

 

Jamess, nnaasappi, itzy104, and haesica_couple :  Thanks for commenting for the last chapter. I'm happy to know that the letter did make you guys felt touched. Thanks ^^ 

BIG BIG LOVE FROM YOUR AUTHOR-NIM!!! Oh, before I forget, I would like to inform that I may not be update the next chapter fast. Sorry. Just I have to go for a camp for a week. ><