Chapter 27

Will you love me?

Taemin's POV.

 
Today is the D-day, the showcase. Eunjong noona and I have been practicing so hard for today. And I have my Eunji supporting me all the way. Our relationship is great just that she is still shy with skinships. Everything is going well except the fact that Minho and Eunjong is really awkward.... And non of us know what to do with them. Not even my almighty umma, Key. They are just avoiding each other as much as possible ever since that wallet incident.
 
I am now siting in the waiting room as Eunjong noona is getting ready. My heart was pounding really hard. I rubbed my cold clammy hands together and took a deep breath. 
 
Knock knock.
 
I look up and saw the person I need the most. She smiled brightly  and walked towards me. Eunji sat beside me and took my clammy hand into her small and warm ones. "Don't worry, you will do great." She said warmly and leaned her head on my shoulders. Her reassurance seemed to work the best. The hyungs all told me not to be nervous but I just can't. And when Eunji reassured me, it seems to help so much. 
 
"Thanks." I smiled lightly. 
 
"Taemin ah! It's almost time! Sorry Eunji but you have to go to the audience now." Mr Jung called out.
 
"Oppa! HWAITING!" Eunji cheered. The warmth of her hand left when she pulled away. Just at that moment I was desperate to keep Eunji beside me. I need someone there to calm my heart. I quickly grabbed her hand again. "Give me a kiss to cheer me on." I asked shamelessly.
 
"It's so awkward! Everyone is looking!" She blushed. She waved goodbye and gave me a hwaiting sign once again. I looked down in disappointment. Nervousness was rushing up again as Eunji walked further away.
 
Just then, I felt warm arms wrap around me. "Stop being so nervous alright? You are the best dancer ever. You can do it." Eunji whispered into my ears. She looked up and cupped my face. "I love you" She leaned forward and pecked my cheeks. Her face turned beet red. I chuckled and hugged her tightly. "Thanks. I love you too." I smiled. She pulled away and jogged out of the waiting room.
 
I took a deep breath and did some stretching to get ready for the performance. I saw noona walking towards me, this is it.
 
Eunji's POV.
 
I close the waiting room door gently. I held on to my my chest as I felt my heart pounding so hard. I took a deep breath and calm myself. I can't believe I am still so nervous around Taemin! I made my way to where SHINee is sitting.
 
"You went to find Taemin?" Onew oppa asked. I nodded. 
 
"That silly boy is still nervous isn't he? He won't believe us when we told him that he is good enough." Minho chuckled. I laughed.SHINee knows Taemin so well that it is kind of unbelievable.
 
Soon, the showcase started. The dance groups from the other schools were really great too. The competition this year for the "best dance of the year" is really a tough fight But obviously Taemin and Eunjong is still the best. 
 
Finally, it was Taemin and Eunjong's turn. They were so synchronized with each other! It was really impressive. All I could do Is stare  in awe. Both of them were graceful but the dance were powerful and energetic at the same time. And although they are using the same amount of energy in the dance, try were able to make Taemin look like the stronger and manlier one. It was so perfect. Taemin looks so great like a handsome prince.  Their dance ended they bowed to the audience as they received a standing ovation.
 
Taemin looked for me on stage, as he created eye contact with me, he winked at me and smiled even brighter. All I could do is blush. At least Key umma was busy clapping to see me blush if not he would tease me again.
 
"Now, all of the contestant of this year's dance showcase had performed and the judges had already made up their mind for this year's best dance award." The MC's voice boomed the auditorium. It was such a nail biting moment. I was so nervous. Unnie and Taemin must be feeling 100 times more than how I am feeling now.
 
"This year's best dance award goes to..... a couple dance." The MC smirked. Aish there are like at least 10 couple dance in this showcase
 
"I love seeing all your tortured faces." The MC laughed.
 
"Alright let's be serious, the Best dance of the years goes to Taemin and Eunjong! Congratulation!"
 
SHINee and I cheered for joy. Eunjong unnie was tearing and Taemin was just stunt.  "We would like to thank those people we supported us. Especially SHINee and Eunji. Eunji ah, you are the main reason why we are here today. You helped Mr Jung to change his mind so noona will be back in the showcase. You helped me a lot by cheering for me. I should be the one thanking you for being in my life. I love you." Taemin said as a tear rolled down his cheeks. The cheers from the audience was really loud. I felt so proud and happy for them.
 
Taemin and Eunjong ran down towards us. Taemin ran over and wrapped his arms around me. "We did it! We did it!" He cheered. I couldn't help but laugh at his cuteness. I tiptoed and gave him a peck on his lips. Taemin really knows how to catch me off guard. He held my chin up  and deepened the kiss. I felt as if there was only the 2 of us in the whole auditorium. I wrapped my arms around his neck, not wanting to let go.
 
"Yah the two of you! Get a room would ya?!" Key screamed with a disgusted face. I pulled away from Taemin and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry..." We apologized.
 
Throughout the evening, when the competitors were allowed to take photo and have some fun, Taemin was either holding my hand or hugging my waist. It feels like a fairytale. There were some girls flirting with Taemin though. You can't blame him, he is just to perfect but it feels great when Taemin ignores them and made me feel secure.
 
Minho's POV
 
I felt so proud of Eunjong and Taemin! They did so well! About Eunjong.... I have been feeling really guilty since the wallet incident. I know it was wasn't Eunjong's fault but I couldn't bring myself to apologies to her. 
 
Since then, we were really awkward with each other. I don't think we even talked to each other. Every time I look at her she would avoid me. She is only with me when the whole of SHINee or Eunji is around. 
 
The expression she showed that day have been haunting my mind ever since. I stole a short glance at her who was talking to Eunji and Taemin. At the moment, she turned and gave me eye contact. But before I could look at her properly, she turned away.
 
I took a deep breath and walked towards her. I felt the nervousness as I tapped her lightly on her shoulder. "H-Hey can I talk to you?" I can't believe I stuttered. The choi Minho actually startled! "Minho! What are you trying to do again?!" Onew stepped in before Eunjong could reply me.
 
"I am just going to talk!" I rebutted.
 
"Don't worry Onew. Everything will be fine." Eunjong smile sweetly to Onew.
 
"Hyung! Don't do anything mean!" Taemin warned. Am I that bad that everyone thinks that I am going to hurt her?
 
"What do you want to talk about?" Eunjong asked softly avoiding my eyes.
 
"Can we go to somewhere alone?" I asked.
 
"Why can't you do it here?" Key asked
 
"Please? We are just going to talk. I promise." I begged.
 
"Okay. " Eunjong said and followed me as we walked away from the auditorium.
 
It was total silence as we walked slowly away from the auditorium. All I could hear was Eunjong's heels clicking and every step she take. I could really feel the pressure increasing.
 
We stopped walking as we arrived at the roof top. For a long time, we were in silence again. But I could see that Eunjong's face was full of anxiety, nervousness, confusion and maybe a little of fright.
 
I walked in front of her and took a deep breath. "L-Look, what I am going to say is really important. So please listen..."  she looked up with confusion before looking away.
 
I took another deep breath, "Okay.. That day about the wallet incident I k-"
 
"Its not me! Please! I didn't do anything... Why don't you believe me? What I say that day was the truth. Do hate me because of that? Please don't! I really don't know why your wallet appeared in my bag. I am really changing! Please give me another chance." She begged and tears were forming. She buried her face as she whimpered softly. "I-If I c-could turn back time I would not have hurt Eunji like that..  I was such a monster then, a disgusting and ugly one" She mumbled. 
 
I felt a pang of guilty in my heart. . I never knew she was so affected by that incident that day. If I knew I would have apologized to her sooner...
 
She flinched slightly as I pat her shoulder softly. "H-Hey.. You didn't let me finish my sentence just now. You are so like your sister you know? Both of you always assume things before knowing the truth.."
 
"Huh?"
 
"That day, after I left the table. A hoobae came to look for me. She told me that she took the wallet for some dare but when she saw you returning, she quickly place my wallet back but because both our bags are black she mistakenly placed my wallet into you bag. And you are not a monster... You changed! Everyone can see that." My heart felt so much lighter. "I'm really sorry for accusing you like that. Forgive me?" I said sincerely.
 
She looked up at me in shock. I thought she was going to be angry with me but she reacted with a smile. "You know that it's not me now... That's great! Its all thanks to the hoobae!" She smiled brightly.
 
"Aren't you angry?" I asked in shock.
 
"Nah.. It's not really your fault." Eunjong smiled.
 
"But I should have believed in like how the hyungs and Eunji did" I sighed.
 
"Hehe it's alright! If I were you, i
I will blindly accuse myself too. Let the past be the past. I am just really happy that you are not angry with me anymore." Eunjong laughed and showed a cheeky smile. 
 
"OH! WE NEED TO HURRY BACK!" Eunjong exclaimed.
 
"Eh?!" I gasped in shock. "HAHA you look  funny when you got a shock." Eunjong laughed
 
" Yah!" I protested. "Hurry! We need to go back! Don't you remember what date today is?" Eunjing asked excitedly.
 
"Of course I remember!"  I smiled.
 
"Let's go then!" Eunjong walked back towards the auditorium. "Wait!" I rushed forward and stood infront of her. She tilted her head to the left and looked at me in confusion.
 
"Erm... W-We are friends right?" I asked.
 
"Of course! Now lets hurry!" Eunjong smiled brightly. She grabbed my hand and ran back to the auditorium.
 
Back at the auditoriums. SHINee and Eunji was siting there and waiting for us.
 
"You guys are finally back! What took you so long?" Jonghyun complained.
 
"Did he do anything mean to you?" Key asked.
 
"Nope! We settled our misunderstanding too!" Eunjong smiled happily.
 
We had so much fun on the way back to Taemin's house joking and laughing together. It feels so great to take away the guilty feeling in my heart.
 
Eunji's POV 
 
Today is such a great day! Unnie and Taemin won the showcase plus Minho and unnie solved the misunderstanding towards them. 
 
I walked into Taemin's house and said "Oppa! Switch on the lights... It's so dark." But no one answered me and no one switched on the light. I turned around and found no one behind me. "Oppa? Unnie? Guys.. Where at you?" I got really scared. They were just behind me a moment ago and now they just completely disappeared! "Where are you guys? Stop scaring me!" 
 
"Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday day to you. Happy birthday to Eunji! Happy birthday to you~" Taemin walked towards me holding a cake as the rest of them followed behind him.
 
"Eunji ah! Make a wish!" Taemin smiled. I gasped in shock as I felt the gush of happiness rushing up. I closed my eyes and place my palms together to make a wish. They cheered loudly as I blew the candle. As Jonghyun on the lights, I realized Taemin's house was decorated with happy birthday banners and balloons. 
 
"Thanks guys. Thank you so much." I thanked them sincerely.
 
"You forgot that today is your birthday didn't you?" Onew chuckled.
 
"Yeah.. I was too excited for the showcase and totally forgot about it." I smiled sheepishly.
 
"INCOMING!" Minho and jonghyun shouted. I look up and saw them aiming the cake towards my face. Before I could react, my face was covered in cream. 
 
"YAH! How dare you throw cake at my girlfriend!" Taemin shouted at Jonghyun and Minho. He took more cake and started chasing after them. That was the start of a massive cake fight. And key was no where to be seen he was hiding at a small corner most of the time so that he won't be part of the cake fight.
 
At the end of it, we took a picture together with all our cake filled faces. I looked at the picture closely and admiring all our happy faces. I am so glad to have these people in my life. Just then unnie pulled me into a tight hug. "Happy birthday my lovely dongseng! I promised you that I will be here right?"  I happily returned the hug. "Thank you for keeping your promise." I smile brightly.
 
After cleaning up, we sat together much on Key's fabulous food. We had a heart to heart talk at the same time, spilling all out emotions out. 
 
"Hey.. Onew and Minho! When are you guys going I get a girlfriend?!" Jonghyun teased. "I wonder who is the last to get one.." Key added and smirked.
 
Onew burst out laughing which have us a shock of our lives. "Guys! I am the first to get a girlfriend, just that I didn't tell you guys! I have been dating Luna for almost a year! An recently, I have been going in dates with my baby so much more often!" Onew smiled 
 
"Luna? You mean the Luna in my class?" Taemin asked in shock. "YEAP! I love her so much more than chicken!" Onew said proudly.
 
All of us stared at onew in shock trying to believe that onew has a girlfriend.
 
"HAHAHA Minho is the last!" Jonghgun laughed loudly suddenly,  and Minho buried his face in his palms as he died of embarrassment.
 
Later that night, I was standing at the balcony admiring the beautiful view and the cool breeze. Just then I felt to strong and warm arm wrapp around me. I look up as saw Taemin's warm face.
 
"Aren't you cold?" He asked in concern. 
 
"Nope! It feels great here." I cheered and leaned back into Taemin's chest.
 
 "Eunji ah.. I have to tell you something important. " Taemin said with a serious look on his face.  That serious face made me really nervous. Did something happen? "I went for a health check up a few days back and the doctor found something wrong with my heart. " He said softly.
 
"What?!" I gasped in shock as tears welled up. "No! Oppa! This can't be happening! You can't leave me!" I panicked. 
 
"The doctor said he couldn't find my heart. And I told him not worry because it was with you." he smiled warmly and kisses my ear gently.
 
"Hey! Don't ever do that again! I was really about to cry!" I pouted.
 
He ruffled my hair, "Alright.. I'm sorry! I didn't know you would take it do seriously." He back hugged me even tighter and hummed sweet tunes into my ears.
 
Just then, I felt something cold around my neck. I look down and saw a key pendant. "This necklace is for you. You are the key to my heart, my light, my hope, my life and my everything. Happy birthday day baby. I love you." 
 
"I love you too. Thank you for the necklace." Taemin smiled and kissed my on my forehead.  
 
Jonghyun's POV.
 
I was about to bring food for the taemin and Eunji. But as I walk to them, I saw them having some sweet moments to themselves. They are like the  perfect match for each other.
 
It seems like both key and I, Tamein and Eunji did have a wonderful and most beautiful love story.

Hi guys! This marks the end of the story ;~; hope you guys enjoyed it! I'm really thankful to all of you and especially those readers who commented on almost every chapter! I love you guys! Thanks for all those who subscribe and comment! <3 should I write another story?? Hmm... What should I write about?