Chapter 17

Will you love me?

 

Hi guys! I'm back! Thanks for all the support even though I update so slowly. I love you guys! Hope you enjoy the chapter. Sorry for the grammar error. Subscribe, comment and enjoy|~
 
Jonghyun's POV.
 
I walked home slowly with a heavy heart.
 
I was about to unlock the door when I saw a slender figure walking towards me. "Hey Jjongie hyung!" Key smiled brightly and waved at me.
 
Looking at his smile made me feel slightly better immediately "Hey.... I thought you were meeting up with woohyun?"
 
"We were just meeting up for a quick coffee. He had to go back to school. I was bored so I came and find you." Key replied 
 
"Oh..  Okay. Come in" I held the door open for key. We crashed on the sofa as soon as we got into the house. 
 
Should I tell Key what happen with  Taemin and I today? Will he be mad?
 
"Jjong? Are you alright? You look lost. Did something bad happen?" key asked gently. 
 
"Aniya. I'm fine." I mumbled.
 
Key got up and went to the DVD player. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Watching a movie." Key replied holding up the DVD so I can see it.
 
"Yah... I know that's your favorite movie but we watched it like a thousand time." I whined
 
"Stop whining puppysaurus!" key said in a diva tone and did a Mehrong.
 
"Fine! I loose" 
 
Key smirked at me and came on the couch to cuddle with me. Immediately, my face heated up. 
The movie started but I couldn't concentrate. I can't stop thinking that Key will be mad if I told him what I did to Taemin just now. 
 
"Jjong! Jjongie? Jjong?! YAH! Kim Jonghyun!" Key shouted hitting my head.
 
"Ow! What's that for?" I groaned.
 
"I called you a thousand times saying I'm hungry and you were just lost in thoughts" Key said with a irritated tone.
 
"Oh. I'm sorry. I'll just get you some popcorn." I sighed. 
 
"Wait!" Key said and hugged me. "Did something happen when I left? Mind telling me?" Key ask gently. I stayed in silence as I couldn't decide whether it will be better to tell key or not to tell him. 
 
"Hmm it's alright if you don't wanna tell me. But I just want to yell you that everything will be fine so don't worry." Key said my hair. 
 
Key let go of the hug and sat down on the couch again. 
 
"Kibummie. I did something terrible today. Out of anger and frustration, I-I..." I felt Key's soft had over mind and squeezing my hand gently. " I had an argument with Taemin. I shouted at him and shoved him against the wall and even shouted at him that Eunjong may be the wrong girl. I totally spoiled the plan didn't I? I'm such a terrible hyung I shouted and pushed him kibum! I just hurt our maknae..." I blurted everything out and buried my head into my hands.
 
Key patted my back gently "Jjongie... This is not your fault. You didn't do anything wrong. We can't protect our maknae all the time. He needs to know he is wrong. It's okay Jjong actually you did well! You gave him a big clue. I couldn't do it because I don't want to see Taemin getting hurt. Dont worry, I'll check on Taemin later."
 
"Thanks Key." 
 
"No.. I should be the one thanking you, I wouldn't have know how to break the news to Taemin."
 
Suddenly my phone rang. I picked it up "Hello?" 
 
"Hey hyung." Taemin said 
 
"Taemin! Are you alright?" Hearing that Taemin was on the phone. Key told me to put it one loud speaker. He was concern about him too. 
 
"Taemin ah, don't do anything stupid okay?!" Key said.
 
"Oh! Hi umma. I won't. I called because I know hyung is feeling guilty now.  Hyung! Don't feel guilt alright? I'm fine and I want to thank you for giving me this wake up call." Taemin said 
 
I heaved a sigh of relief. 
 
"Aigoo.. Our Taeminnie knows his hyung so well. He was about to cry because he was guilty!" Key mocked.
 
Taemin and Key broke out into fits of laughter. I felt my face heating up and I shouted "Yah! Who say I was about to cry? And I'm the hyung here! Don't be so rude!"
 
"Haha! Don't feel bad hyung! I have something important to do! Bye hyung! Bye umma." Taemin said and put down the phone.
 
"Look. He is fine!" Key said with a 'I told you so' face.
 
"Fine! You win! But, thanks key."
 
Key showed me a warm smile. 
 
Taemin's POV.
 
I have to test noona whether she is EJ. I just need to ask her questions about the letter! 
 
I picked up my phone and called noona. "Hey noona are you free?"
 
"Me? Yeah... I am why?"
 
"I wanna bring you out for a date."
 
"Hmm okay. Where are we going?"
 
"A picnic! I'll pick you up at 5."
 
"Okay... See ya."
 
Later that day, Taemin's POV.
 
"Hi noona!" I said, holding onto the picnic basket. 
 
"Aish.. Why can't you  drive yet? Now we have to walk the park." Noona complained. Oh gosh. She is ing again. 
 
We settle down on the grass and started eating. "Aish why is the food so cold?" "Stupid fly!" "What kind of date is this" Noona kept complaining and complaining through out the whole picnic. Why did I like someone like her. I must have been blind.
 
"Noona what do you think about my fashion sense?" Here goes the test.
 
"Boring... Skinny jeans and skinny jeans... Truthfully.. I kinda hate it." Hmph. EJ said she love my fashion sense and skinny jeans. Round 1? Failed.
 
"Noona how do you feel when you are with me?" I asked again. Somehow I just can't admit to myself that Noona is not EJ. 
 
"What type of question is that? I don't really feel anything.... Just bored, your dates are kinda boring" Noona said nonchalantly. Who says I'm boring? I'm not! And EJ said she feel secure and protected when she is around me! Round 2? Failed.  
 
"Yah... What's with all these nonsensical question?!"Noona was annoyed. But who cares... I really need to know the truth.
 
"Fine! Last question... What's my favorite drink?" 
 
"Hmm soda?"Noona replied.
Round 3: SUPER FAIL. EJ obviously knows I love banana milk and she buys them for me. 
 
And what kind of girlfriend is noona?! Even if she is not EJ, she show have found out I love banana milk! I drink it like everyday! 
 
"That's it Noona! I'm breaking up with you. You are a big fat liar!" I glared at her and stood up.
 
She grabbed my wrist and said "What are you talking about?! I didn't lie!" 
 
"You didn't lie?" I scoffed at her "You are not EJ!"
 
"Who said that? I'M EJ!" Noona shouted.
 
"Firstly, EJ loves the way I talk to my dogs She love banana milk. She loves my fashion sense. She feels secure and protected around me. And lastly she knows I love banana milk. She is totally DIFFERENT from you! She loves me for who I am, unlike you who thinks I'm boring and wants me to change! And you are such a !" I ranted at her. It felt so good.
 
"I did write those in the letter it's just that I-" I cut noona "Find I give you one more chance, what torture do you go through everyday? And who is the bunch of awesome people you meet because of me?"
 
"What are you talking about?!"
 
"That's it. We are over!"
 
"What?!" 
 
I ignore her and walked away. I can't believe I did it. My heart feels so much lighter now. Now, I just need to find out who EJ really is. 
 
Eunjong's POV.
 
I can't believe Taemin just broke up with me! Urgh! Why did he suddenly have this thought that I am not EJ?! It must have been Eunji she must have told him something, that stupid brat. I quickened my steps home as it started to rain.
 
I stomped home angrily. And saw Eunji cleaning the floor. 
 
"Oh! Unnie! You are back! I'll get dinner for you." 
 
"Hurry! I'm hungry!" I shouted 
 
"Here's the rice, I'll go get the soup" 
 
She came back holding on to the soup and said "I cooked kimchi stew today!" 
 
I picked up my spoon and tasted it. "Yah! What type of soup! Is this it's so salty!" I pushed the bowl away causing soup to scald Eunji's hand. She gasped in pain and drop the bowl causing it to shatter on the ground. She totally deserved it for spoiling my relationship. 
 
"Unnie! Appa is going to kill me there is no more food!" she stared at the spilled soup, clutching on to her scalded hand.
 
"Thats your problem! And what did you say to Taemin today?! It's destroyed my relationship!" I glared at her. 
 
"W-What are you talking about? I didn't say anything!"
 
"Stop denying!" I shouted and pushed her into the ground causing the broken glass piece to cut her arm. She whimpered in pain. I smirked as I saw the blood dripping out from the cut. 
 
"You deserve this you !" i stomped my foot on her scalded hand. It felt so good when Eunji screamed in pain. 
 
As I stop torturing her she stood up and shouted "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? I DIDN'T DO  ANYTHING WRONG"
 
I slapped her on her face. " SHUT UP AND CLEAN THIS UP NOW!"
 
She let go of her bruised cheek and stared clearing up the mess. I saw a long cut across her face. I looked and my palm and realised I was wearing a ring. HAH! That must have scratched her! 
 
After she cleared the broken pieces she came back with a rag to clean the floor. Just then Appa came back and saw the whole situation. "IS THAT MY DINNER?!" He boomed pointing to the spilt soup. I smirked again as I saw Eunji jump in fright. 
 
"Eunji spilt it while serving me just now so we are only left with white rice." Hah! Here comes the double punishment. 
 
"DIDN'T I TOLD YOU NOT TO STARVE ME?!" Eunji screamed in pain and Appa pulled her hair and shoved her to the ground.
 
"I-I'm sorry I won't do it again."
 
"But I'm hungry! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT NOW?" Appa asked and started  kicked Eunji's stomach. "Appa! Please stop! Please!"
 
Appa pulled Eunji up and pushed her out of the house. "Go get dinner for me NOW!" and slammed the door closed.
 
"Appa! It's pouring! Can I get an umbrella? PLEASE! Let's me get an umbrella or a jacket! It's freezing" Eunji begged 
 
"You are not coming in until I get my food!" Appa shouted.
 
Eunji's POV.
Tears rolled down my cheeks as I ran in the rain to the nearest eatery to get dinner. I was freezing in the cold and my hole body is aching... My scalded had was forming blisters and it was stinging.
 
Finally, I reached the eatary. I was drenched wet. I felt all the staring and saw how the people was whispering and pointing at me. I quickly made my way to order Appa's dinner. 
 
"Ahjumma..." my voice trailed of as my head was pounding and my vision was spinning. I grabbed on a table to stabilize myself and I shook the dizziness off.
 
"Ahjumma can I have 2 sets of beer rice." 
 
"Hey Girl, are you alright? You are bleeding and you look really pale!" She asked. She must have been shocked to see my cuts.
 
"I'm fine. Thank you."
 
I left after paying for the food. I ran back home with the food. My body was aching again. But I wanted to get out of the rain, its really cold. 
 
"Appa I'm back!" I shouted pounding on the door. 
 
"You should have been faster you snail!" Appa shouted at me as she snatched the food away.
 
I apologized and limped back into my room. I turned my room upside down to look for bandages to wrapped my scalded hand but there wasn't any left.  I took out my phone to text key.
 
To: Key umma. 
Can you bring some bandages for me to school tmr?
-Eunji
 
To: Eunji
Eh?! DID YOU HURT YOURSELF?
-Key umma
 
To: Key umma
Yeah.. I got scalded. But don't worry I'm fine.
-Eunji.
 
To: Eunji
Hmm okay. Take care<3
-Key umma 
 
I cleaned up my wounds and slipped into Neverland. 
 
Next morning Eunji's POV.
 
I woke up with a pounding headache. I felt so cold, my whole body was still aching. I got up from my bed and the dizziness came back. I shook it off again and got ready for school. The cut on my face was still really obvious. SHINee is gonna get worried again....
 
I sighed and limped to school. As I reach school, SHINee was there already. Suddenly, Key and Jonghyun ran over to hug me and exclaimed "We have goos news for you!" making me whimper in pain.
 
Key and Jonghyun looked and my face. Key eyes looked like it was about to pop out. "Are you alright?!!" Jonghyun exclaimed.
 
I nodded and walked silently to the rest of SHINee with Key and Jonghyun followed behind me. 
 
When they saw me they gasped loudly. "Eunji ah. What happened? You look really pale!" Taemin asked worriedly.
 
"I-" I got cut off my Key "Let's treat your wounds first. Here is the bandage, where were you scalded"
 
I carefully took out my scalded hand from my pocket and showed it to them. Their faces looked like they felt the pain for me just by looking at it. It was worst than yesterday. More blisters were forming and some of the blister had already burst, creating puss. My whole hand was red and swallon.
 
I winced in pain when Key helped me apply antiseptic cream and bandaged it.  He did the same to the cut on my face and arm. I looked and Jonghyun and Key. Their eyes were red, they were tearing for me. 
 
"Aigoo, you two are always crying, don't be so emotional I'm not going to die." I said softly, trying to lighten up the mood but it didn't work.
 
"Tell us what happen now." Onew said softly. 
 
"Wait! Tell me what's the good news first!" I bargained 
 
"Taemin broke up with Eunjong!" Key exclaimed.
 
"Why?!" I asked looking at Taemin.
 
"She is not EJ." Taemin smiled. How did he know? Does he know it's me. "I have to find out who EJ is!" Phew.. I thought he found out everything.
 
"No wonder Unnie was like that yesterday." I mumbled 
 
"She was one who abused you yesterday didn't she?!" Key exclaimed.
 
"Yeah.. Appa too." 
 
"Wait what?! Noona abuses Eunji too?! Why didn't you tell me! You told me she protected you!" Taemin said with a confused look.
 
"I'm sorry oppa. I just didn't want you to have a bad impression of you."
 
"She must have been really angry yesterday... Because I broke up with her." Taemin sighed
 
 
"Yeah.. She pushed all the blame to me, saying that I was the one to told you EJ is not her. She tortured me, saying that the soup I cooked was too salty, she pushed the soup away causing the soup to spill on my hand causing me and the bowl broke. She pushed me the ground causing the broken piece to cut my arm. And she stomped her foot on my scalded hand. I stood up and shouted back at her, and she slapped me. When she did that, her ring cut my face."
 
"Oh gosh she is so mean!"Minho said.
 
"I'm sorry it's all my fault." Taemin said looking down.
 
"It's alright, she was always like that." I said patting his head. He looked up at me and said "Yah.. I'm not a little kid."
 
I laughed. "Eunji are you alright? You look really pale." Onew asked worriedly.
 
"I'm fine I just feel a bit sickly. When Appa came back, he found out dinner was all spilt and he was really angry he started kicking me. He made me buy dinner for him when it was raining. He didn't allow me to bring a jacket or umbrella. It was freezing!" I told them 
 
"Thanks for keeping the promise and not hiding anything from me" Taemin said ruffling my hair. I just smiled back.
 
"Do you want to go home and rest?" Minho asked.
 
"Nah! I'm fine. Come on let's go." I said and walked towards to class. 
 
Suddenly, I felt really cold and and my vision was spinning. I felt myself losing control of my body and everything went black.