Chapter 9

Into a New World?

 

The doorbell rang and Chanyeol answered it. He saw Jessica and immediately greeted her with a bear hug, he spilled everything that happened that afternoon out to her and halfway through his story, he realized that there was an uninvited guest standing next to Jessica with wide eyes.

 

“Oh… um, well hello, who are you?” Chanyeol asked Sunny awkwardly.

 

“I’m Sunny!” she said happily, holding out a hand for him to shake, “It’s so nice to finally meet you, Chanyeol oppa!”

 

Chunji was sitting on the couch in the living room and once he heard that voice, he knew who it was. “What the hell is she doing in my apartment?” Chunji screamed in his mind. He slid down further his seat and buried his head behind the soft cushion pillows.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened and he cleared his throat awkwardly, “How do you know my name?” he asked Sunny.

 

Sunny threw her head back and laughed ‘cutely’. “You silly oppa, we have some classes together!”

 

“We do?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Sunny stopped laughing and looked at him seriously. She couldn’t believe that he never noticed her. “Of course we do! We have classes together every day! How could you not notice me?”

 

Chanyeol gulped the invisible lump that had formed in his throat. He felt incredibly awkward and he didn’t know what to say. He also felt kinda guilty because he had never seen her before. Well, you can’t really blame him, all he does in class is…sleep.

 

“Err… would you like to come in?” he changed the subject quickly.

 

“Sure!” Sunny mused, suddenly over the fact that Chanyeol has not remembered her. She pushed her way through Chanyeol and Jessica and walked into the living room. “Wow, Chanyeol oppa! This place is so huge!” she said in awe.

 

“Thanks… I guess…” Chanyeol replied.

 

“Oh my! Chunji oppa!” Sunny exclaimed when she saw Chunji’s legs propped on the sofa with his head under the pillows, “Is that you there?” she chuckled.

 

“Yes.” He groaned.

 

“Oh, haha! You are too cute!” Sunny exclaimed again. She began taking the pillows off of Chunji’s face.

 

“What are you doing?” he screamed, pulling them back.

 

“I wanna see your face, oppa!” Sunny pouted.

 

“You can go look at Chanyeol. He needs a girlfriend and I’m pretty sure he won’t mind you,” Chunji said, his grip tightening on his precious pillows, “Since he invited you in, he must like you or something!”

 

“Oh my, you are right! Maybe Chanyeol oppa likes me!” Sunny chirped, tapping her finger on her chin, “But then he doesn’t even remember me from school! He said he’s never seen me before!” she cried.

 

“He could just be lying, you know?” Chunji said. “You should go talk to him now.”

 

“No, oppa,” Sunny said, “I wanna be with… you. Only you,” she smiled widely.

 

Chunji groaned and he knew that there was no was out of this messy situation. He sighed and lifted all the pillows from his face. Sunny’s mouth formed a little ‘o’ shape when she saw Chunji’s face.

 

He was even more handsome than he was at school. Sunny clapped her hands excitedly and scooted closer to him. “Oppa, so what do you want to do now?” she asked.

 

“I wanna sleep and you can’t join me.” He said harshly. “You’re the one who wanted to come over so you should know what to do.” After saying that, Chunji stood up from the couch, walked to his room and slammed the door.

 

Sunny was left there on the couch, eyes wide open. Chanyeol and Jessica happily skipped in the room and sat next to her. Jessica seemed to noticed her expression and asked, “What’s wrong, Sunny?”

 

Sunny turned her head towards Jessica and let out a small sob. Wait, no. it wasn’t even a sob, it was more like a whimper. Tears started leaking from her eyes and not long later, she was sobbing into Jessica’s hair.

 

“H-he… he, Chunji o-oppa,” she stuttered.

 

“Chunji, what?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“He h-h-ate-s … me!” Sunny wailed.

 

“Oh my my, what happened? What did you do?” Jessica asked her.

 

“I just said I wanted to spend some time with him and we should do some stuff together but-but… he asked me to go to Chanyeol instead and he j-just stormed off. I can’t believe it! He is so mean!” she cried.

 

Jessica and Chanyeol stared at each other, unsure of what to say. They never knew that she would make a big deal out of such a small matter.

 

“It’s okay, Sunny,” Jessica patter her on the back, “We’ll hang out with you!”

 

“Yeah, totally,” Chanyeol added, “Chunji’s always like that. He has mood swings and stuff. Better not disturb him. It might be his time of the month.” He ‘whispered’ the last part.

 

“I HEARD YOU!” Chunji shouted from the next room.

 

“Sorry!” Chanyeol shouted over, “Not sorry.” He whispered to Jessica and Sunny, making them laugh.

 

“Chanyeol oppa!” Sunny exclaimed, “Let’s go do something together! Just me and you. Jessica can stay here and look after Chunji!” she suggested.

 

“Um…sure, if that’s fine with Jessica?” Chanyeol said.

 

“It’s totally okay with me! You guys can go and have fun! I’ll just stay home for now. I’m really tired today.” Jessica smiled and walked into her room.

 

“Let’s go!” Sunny exclaimed as she hooked her arm onto Chanyeol’s.