Chapter 25

Into a New World?

After Chanyeol's parents exited his room, they went and sat at the dinner table which was further away from Chanyeol's room; to lessen the chances of him eavesdropping on their conversation. Chanyeol's mother scrolled through his contacts and found Sunny's name. She was going to call it but then got interupted by an incoming phonecall from Chunji.

 

Chanyeol's father heard the phone ring and peeked at the phone. "Should we answer this?" Chanyeol's mother asked him. He nodded in reponse and his wife answered the call.

 

"Dude, what the is going on? Why haven't you replied any of my calls? Do you have any idea how much time I wasted worrying about you? And how much money it cost for me to send all those texts to you?" Chunji's voice boomed through the speaker of the phone, "What the is going on?"

 

Chanyeol's parents both raised their brows in surprise, not expecting such foul language on a phone call to their son's phone. Chanyeol's mother cleared sternly and said, "Excuse me? I believe you are still young and not supposed to use such language whilst speaking to others."

 

At the other end of the line, Chunji literally froze when he heard the lady's voice on the phone. He had no idea that Chanyeol's mom had a hold of his phone. He head-banged himself mentally and swore in his head at an incredibly fast pace. His mind started freaking out and he did not know what to say.

 

"You are Chunji, I suppose," Chanyeol's mother continued, "How come you have not informed us that Chanyeol was staying with you all this while when he's supposed to be staying at the school's hostel? Did you think that his whereabouts weren't important to us? Or are you just as airheaded as he is?"

 

Chunji opened his mouth to reply but nothing came out. He was in utter shock. He looked around the room and saw Jessica in the corner just casually and calmly reading a book while he was there, freaking out. "Err... I think I dialed the wrong number... or something like that..." that was the best that he could come up with. He crossed his fingers and toes and hoped that Chanyeol's parents were gullible and easy to fool.

 

Turns out they were not.

 

"Young man, you have been calling my son for more than 50 times," Chanyeol's mother said, "Do you really think you have the wrong number? Just tell us the truth. Chanyeol isn't doing any better than you are. He won't even give us that poor Sunny girl's phone number. I had to confiscate his phone just to go through his contact list to find it! After I finish this call with you, I am going to call her and make a proper apology!"

 

"What the hell?" Chunji suddenly burst out saying, "Sunny shouldn't be getting any pity from you guys. The person that you should pity is Chanyeol. Sunny set all of this up! All of it! Chanyeol never even touched her, or even called her! Ask anyone at school! They're gonna tell you the truth that Sunny's the delusional one who needs a lot of help!"

 

"Sunny? Is everything alright there, Chunji?" Jessica asked, overhearing Chunji's sudden outburst on the phone.

 

"Yeah, everything's fine!" Chunji quickly replied her. Slamming his own palm onto his face, again.

 

"Did I hear that right? Sunny setting up all of this?" Chanyeol's mother asked, "And please, stop swearing. You are a young and educated young man. Your mouth shouldn't be sprouting all of those words. I'm sure your parents pay a fortune for your education and well being!"

 

"Come on, lady. Let's be real here, my parents don't care about me at all. Even if they buy me anything I want. They just want me out of their lives, and I'm more than happy to oblige. You should really just go and listen Chanyeol out. He never lies... well, to me, at least. He's a good guy and I don't think he deserves this at all. Sunny is just a phony," Chunji said.

 

Jessica was getting rather confused at the things that Chunji were saying on the phone. Chanyeol and Sunny? That did not seem very right. She walked closer to him and sat down next to him, carressing his hair. Chunji looked to her and gave her a wary smile.

 

"I'm sorry for bursting out at you or anything, Mrs Park but, you should really just go and talk to Chanyeol," Chunji said, "He might seem a little distant at first and he wouldn't reply you but then he's gonna open up and pour out the truth to you."

 

Chunji said a quick goodbye and hung up the phone. That was definitely the most intense phone call he has ever had in his whole life on earth. He leaned back in his chair and hoped for the best for Chanyeol.