Chapter 24

Into a New World?

When they finally reached home, Chanyeol dragged his feet into his room and shut the door tightly. He chucked his phone on the table and ignored all the incoming messages and calls from Chunji. Chanyeol lay down on his bed and buried his face in his hands thinking, "What on earth can I do to fix this?" 

 

Not long later, he heard a knock on his door and before he could say anything, his father burst into his room. "Chanyeol, I want you to tell us the address to the apartment where you've been living in for all this while," Chanyeol's father ordered.

 

Chanyeol sat up abruptly and stared at his father. His head hurt from the sudden movement but he was able to register what he was saying. He wondered whether Chunji would actually want his dad to go and confront him and cause a ton of unwanted drama. "But why? What are you gonna do with it? He's not even involved in this situation." 

 

"I need to speak with that little friend of yours. How dare he even accept you in his apartment without contacting us? Did you even tell him that you technically escaped from your hostel? This is unacceptable. I must settle things with that child. I've already told you, he is involved. You're just too stupid to realize it."

 

Chanyeol hung his head down low and avoided his father's menacing glare. He felt that sometimes, his parents were just too strict with him. All he wanted was some freedom but then this is what he gets instead. Being jailed in his own home. "I'll text you his address..." Chanyeol mumbled in a low voice.

 

"Good," his father replied, not showing any change in emotion, "Now stop being lazy and go clean up your room. I'm pretty sure I saw some cockroaches crawling at the back of your closet. Go get rid of those, young man."

 

Chanyeol nodded and got off his bed as his father left his room, not forgetting to slam the door loudly. Chanyeol sighed deeply and went to get his phone. He sent Chunji's apartment address to his dad and right after clicking the 'Send' button, his phone rang loudly and the caller ID showed Chunji's name.

 

He clicked the decline button because he didn't feel like talking to anyone at all. Not even his best friend. He scrolled through his phone and there were approximately 98 missed calls and 67 unread messages. All from Chunji. Chanyeol threw his phone back onto his desk, not even caring if it crashed or not. He went over to his closet and "tried" to clean up.

 

In the living room of the Park household, the tension was thick in the air. Chanyeol's father and mother were still outraged by the behaviour of their one and only precious son. Chanyeol's father stared at his phone intensely as he read the message with Chunji's address from Chanyeol. 

 

"What are we supposed to do with our son?" Chanyeol's mother spoke up, interrupting her husband's deep thoughts.

 

"I really don't know..." Chanyeol's father replied, shaking his head, "Maybe we should bring him to a therapist before his suspension period ends. I really don't know what his problem is. I thought he was a good kid all this while. I thought we raised him well together!"

 

"I thought so, too," she replied solemnly, "Young people these days are just unpredictable now. I never expected our son to turn out like this. I think we should also give the girl who reported him a call. Tell her that we're trying our best to fix his problem. She deserves to know. I don't want her to be living in fear."

 

"You're right! Let's go over to his room right now and maybe also ask him to apologize to her even more," Chanyeol's father agreed, "I asked him to clean up his room just now but I doubt he's doing anything right now. He's probably just harrassing more girls with his phone."

 

Chanyeol's mother nodded and the both of them walked to their son's room. They opened the door and saw Chanyeol lying down on his bed, not doing anything. Chanyeol lifted his head to see who opened his door and didn't even bother to get up after seeing both of his parents. He lay there like a depressed little fish.

 

"Son," his mother began, "What is the girl's phone number?"

 

"What girl?" Chanyeol groaned.

 

"Don't pretend you don't know," his father growled sternly, "The girl who you harrassed. We need her phone number."

 

Chanyeol groaned once again. "First, you wanted Chunji's address and now you want Sunny's phone number? What the hell is up with you guys? Do you wanna become friends with my friends or something? I know Sunny's not exactly my friend but still. Why on earth would you even want her phone number? I don't even want her name to be in my phone. That's how much I hate her!"

 

"So, Sunny is her name," Chanyeol's mother nodded slowly. She saw Chanyeol's phone on the desk and she grabbed it before leaving the room with his father without another word.

 

"What on earth just happened..." Chanyeol said to himself. He slapped his own face a couple of times just to make sure that he wasn't dreaming. He summoned up the energy and lifted himself off his bed. He suddenly felt lonely and wanted to speak to Chunji. He wanted to see how it was going for him and Jessica. He walked to his desk and searched for his phone.

 

"What the hell... I'm pretty sure I left it here somewhere..." He thought, obviously oblivious to the fact that his mother had taken his phone just a few minutes ago. "What the heck is going on here?" He cursed once more. Luck was definitely not on his side today.