Chapter 2

Into a New World?

"Yeah, 2012." said Chunji.

 

"Don't be silly! It's the year 1650! Now, if you two would stop fooling around, I need to go and meet the prince. If I don't marry him, my mother would be highly disappointed with me. Just tell me the way to the royal palace." Jessica said.

 

"1650? What the hell, man! It's 2012. Twenty-twelve, two...zero...one...two..." Chunji said slowly, emphasizing on the numbers.

 

"Dude, dude, do you think we should like...send her to the hospital or something?" Chanyeol asked as he shook Chunji's arm vigorously.

 

Chunji slapped off Chanyeol's hand from his own arm and smirked, "Maybe later. I wanna have some fun with her first."

 

"So, Jessica. Forget everything we've told you about 2012 and all. Are you hungry? Okay, I'll take you out to lunch first and the two of us can," Chunji was interrupted by Chanyeol's stiff 'cough'. "I mean, the three of us," Chunji glared at Chanyeol who was smiling goofily at him now, "Can get to know each other better. What do you say?"

 

"But, haven't you heard me? I need to get to the royal palace as soon as possible!"

 

"The prince personally called Chunji and told him that the royal palace is closed today and it will probably open like tomorrow. And he personally asked Chunji to invite you to lunch because, you know, they're like...personal friends." Chanyeol said, and he earned a punch in the stomach from Chunji.

 

"Oh, really now? Then...I guess it wouldn't hurt if we had lunch together." Jessica totally bought Chanyeol's lie.

 

"Come on, I know a place." Chunji grabbed Jessica's hand and started walking with Chanyeol following behind them. The two guys brought Jessica to their favourite restaurant just down the street. They went in and took a seat.

 

"You've brought a friend today, I see!" The store owner said to Chunji and Chanyeol with a happy tone, "What would you like to have today?"

 

"Three of the usual, please." Chanyeol flashed the store owner a toothy grin.

 

"Jessica, tell us more about yourself." Chunji asked.

 

"Oh! Where should I start?" She rested her two hands on her lap daintily. "My name is Jessica Jung, I am 15 years old. I live in a small cottage with my mother in the woods. I am the only child so, it's just my mother and I. My mother really wants me to get married off so that we would have a better life but, I don't want to. The king and queen sent a notice to the whole country asking for every maiden to go to the royal palace to be judged to see if they are fit to be the crown prince's bride. 

 

My mother, being her, asked me to go. And here I am! I don't want to get married, especially to a prince! I like to explore. I always explore the forest and I sing to the animals who are there. Why won't my mother understand?" She sighed.

 

"You're fifteen and your mom wants you to get married? To a prince? That's like...sick!" Chanyeol said just a little too loud, "How old is the prince?"

 

"I am not quite sure..." Jessica tapped her finger against her chin, "He is rather young. Maybe he's 18 or 19?"

 

"Isn't that like...illegal or something? He's an adult and you're just 15. That's freaking illegal!" Chanyeol shouted, once again.

 

"What's illegal?" The store owner asked as she placed their food on the table.

 

"Uh..nothing," Chanyeol said to her. The store owner gave them a kind smile and walked away from their table. 

 

"I have told you two about myself and it's now your turns to tell me about yourselves." Jessica said.

 

"I think I'll start first. My name is Lee Chanhee but basically everyone, except for my really annoying history teacher, calls me Chunji. I'm 16 years old and I hate algebra."

 

"Oh, oh! It's my turn now!" Chanyeol exclaimed excitedly, "My name's Park Chanyeol. I'm 16 years old and my best friend is Chunji."

 

Jessica chuckled at Chanyeol's actions. He seemed like a child to her. "Who is this algebra you speak of? And...why do you hate him or her?" Jessica asked, confused.

 

"Alegbra's not a person. It's a subject we learn at school." Chunji explained while trying to stiffle a laugh. "Anyway, do you have anywhere to stay tonight?"

 

 "I'm afraid I don't. And I also don't know the way back home." Jessica said slowly.

 

"Perfect. You can stay with us."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHUNJI AND CHANYEOL PIC SPAM HAHAHAHAHAH SORRY