Chapter 10

Into a New World?

 

“Soo…” Chanyeol said awkwardly, “What do you wanna do now?”

 

“What do you want to do?” Sunny asked him back.

 

“Um… I don’t know… you were the one who wanted to go out with me…”

 

“Let’s go get some ice cream!” Sunny chirped, “I know a place around the corner. It’s really good, I always go there!”

 

Chanyeol nodded in agreement and Sunny dragged him to the place where she was talking about. 


 

 

Meanwhile at home, Chunji was lying down on his bed, sulking like a little kid who didn’t get his candy. He heard a knock on his door and he grunted angrily.

 

“Go away! I don’t wanna talk to anyone right now.” He said.

 

“I’m coming in any way!” Jessica said. She opened the door and skipped into the room happily. She sat down next to him on his bed, “So, how was your day today?”

 

“Terrible…” Chunji sighed.

 

“Why?” She asked blindly.

 

“Well, for starters, my apartment almost burned down. And I got detention for the first time ever. And Chanyeol is being so moody today. I hate it when he does that.” He sighed.

 

“How did the fire exactly start?” Jessica asked curiously.

 

“I don’t know either… all I know is that it came from something burning in the oven… Chanyeol and I never even use the oven! Like… ever!” Chunji exclaimed, with his arms flailing in the air.

 

Jessica suddenly froze and straightened up, “Is the oven the one with all the turny-looking things and buttons?” she asked in a frightened voice.

 

“Yeah, that’s the oven. Why?”

 

Jessica’s face paled as she opened to explain herself. “Um… Chanyeol was showing me around the kitchen last night and… he showed me the oven… he said I could bake cakes and cook there!” she paused, “and I love baking! He taught me how to turn it on.

 

After you guys went to sleep, I got really bored and I decided that I want to bake a cake for you two for letting me stay at your place. I the oven and then… I realized that I didn’t know where the ingredients were put… I went back to sleep and I … I think I forgot to turn the oven off…” she confessed.

 

Chunji removed the pillow on his face and stared at Jessica seriously. He looked as if he wanted to rip her face off. But, he could never do that. He was too nice for that.

 

Upon seeing Chunji’s expression, Jessica got even more frightened, “Please, don’t hate me!” she squeaked.

 

“I don’t hate you…” he said slowly.

 

“I swear I forgot! It wasn’t Chanyeol’s fault either! Please, don’t hate either of us! I am so sorry,” Jessica choked on the tears that were already falling from her eyes.

 

Oh my god.” Chunji thought to himself. He had no idea what to do or say to a crying girl. He has never experienced it before. He sat there just looking at her awkwardly.

 

“I am s-sorry!” she cried again.

 

“It’s okay,” Chunji said, patting Jessica on the back awkwardly, “I… um… forgive you…”

 

“You do?” Jessica stopped sobbing for a moment and looked up at Chunji with big, round eyes.

 

“Yeah,” he managed a small smile for her.

 

“Thank you so much!” she threw her arms around his neck and hugged him tight.

 


 

 

 

“Channie oppa!” Sunny squealed, “Can I try some of your ice cream?” she batted her eyelashes cutely.

 

“Um… sure…” Chanyeol replied awkward and pushed his cup of ice cream across the small table to her.

 

Sunny sighed and took a spoonful of Chanyeol’s ice cream. She had expected him to spoon-feed her because she thought that that would be incredibly cute.

 

“Oppa! Your ice cream is delicious! Try some of mine!” Sunny held out a spoon to Chanyeol’s mouth. He opened his mouth to speak but before he could protest, she shoved the spoon into his mouth.

 

Chanyeol choked as a spoon of ice cream was shoved into his mouth. He was just going to politely tell her that he could feed himself with the spoon. He sighed internally and chewed slowly as Sunny’s watching eyes stared at him intensely.

 

He gulped down the ice cream and looked at Sunny. She looked as if she was expecting some sort of reaction. “Oh, um… wow! It tastes great!” Chanyeol said unenthusiastically.

 

“I know, right!” she squealed, “We should totally come back here some other times!”

 

“Oh, boy…”