Chapter 19

Into a New World?

"So, how's everything going with you guys?" Chanyeol asked, wriggling his eyebrows suggestively.

 

Jessica and Chunji both slid down the car seats. Jessica pinked while Chunji cleared his throat slightly. "It's fine, as you can see. Now, would you stop making those faces at us? I'm one step closer to kicking you out of this car and letting you walk to school alone!" Chunji snapped.

 

"What?" Chanyeol defended himself shamelessly, "I'm not doing anything wrong, am I? I'm just a curious, concerned and excited friend! For the both of you. I am all good, I swear!" 

 

"You better be good or else I'm kicking you out of the apartment and you can go live on the streets. Or maybe even with your new girlfriend, Sunny." Chunji added an emphasis on the last word in his sentence.

 

Chanyeol immediately cringed and covered his ears as if he just heard something disturbing. "Don't mention her! She's not my girlfriend. I freaking hate her!" He screamed, kicking his feet around. Chunji and Jessica chuckled in their seats, unable to look away from Chanyeol's little... outburst.

 

"We're here already," the driver informed the three of them.

 

"Finally!" Chanyeol let out a big sigh of relief. He literally dashed out of the car to avoid any run-ins with Sunny. God knows what she's gonna do; or already did, after he talked back to her. And his senses were correct. All the girls who would always cling around Chanyeol or follow them around just because he's "hot", were just standing beside their lockers and sending him dirty looks. 

 

Chanyeol shrugged off negative thoughts and headed to his own locker to unload his stuff. "I can't believe you did that to Sunny," a girl that Chanyeol recognised as Su Ji suddenly appeared in front of him and said, "I thought you were a nice guy. All those things I've heard about you being a gentleman is all bullcrap. You're such an insensitive monster! Sunny is just an innocent girl. No one should hurt her the way you did!" with that, the girl ran away from his locker, covering her tear-filled face.

 

Chanyeol was taken by surprise. He honestly had no idea what just happened. He turned his head to look at Su Ji. She was crying and her friends were holding on to her and hugging her to show support. Chanyeol scratched his head. He felt that something was very strange. From what he remembered, he only spoke to Sunny. They might not have been the kindest words but they definitely don't make him a monster of any sort!

 

He grabbed his books and slammed his locker shut. He squinted his eyes and saw Chunji and Jessica approaching him and the two of them were very publicly holding hands. Chanyeol decided to hide behind a large trashcan to see what would happen and to avoid all those evil glares from evil cake-faced girls. 

 

The couple just stood by their lockers, exchanging stories and smiles. As if on cue, Sunny strutted into the school building. She nodded to all the girls who were gathered up in little groups, gawking at her stunning-ness. She took in a 180-degree view of the hallway and laid her pretty little eyes on someone. Two people, to be exact. 

 

Her sweet, friendly demeanour instantly changed into an evil 'I'm going to kill you,' one. She tilted her head back, stuck her nose up in the air and stomped over to where Jessica and Chunji were talking; and obviously not paying any attention to her. 

 

Sunny stood in front of the two and cleared loudly. "Good morning, Chunji. How are you today?" She batted her eyelashes flirtatiously at him, completely ignoring Jessica's exsistance and the fact that they were holding hands. Chunji shifted his affectionate gaze from Jessica and sent Sunny an annoyed look.

 

"I'm talking to my girlfriend, if you can't see," he simply said.

 

Sunny raised an eyebrow, unsatisfied. She literaly pushed Jessica away and stood inbetween the two of them, herself facing Chunji. She leaned in closer and spoke. "Oh, you're talking to me right now, aren't you? So, that means I am your girlfriend and we are together." Sunny pushed Jessica even further away with her back.

 

Jessica stood there, frozen. She didn't know what to do. A timid girl like her would never stand a chance in a battle with a girl like Sunny. Chunji inched away from Sunny and held up his hands in front of her. "No way in hell would I settle for a girl like you." he plainly said.

 

Sunny looked surprised. She did not expect such an outrageous answer from Chunji. She remained her composure and calmly replied. "I think you would, infact settle for a girl like me. I'm gorgeous, fabulous, I have great hair, great personality, great clothes, great everything! Why wouldn't anyone wanna date me? Plus, I am so hawt!"

 

Chunji looked so furious it was like he was just going to rip her head off right there. Chanyeol, on the other hand, was just watching by the sidelines. He bit his fingernails in excitement and pulled his own arm hair to avoid himself from squealing. Sunny rolled her eyes at Chunji's quietness and hooked her arm around his. "Come on! What are you waiting for? Let's go to class together!" She chriped. And then she just decided to stand on her tippy toes and kiss Chunji's cheek.

 

Chunji immediately flinched from the contact and shoved Sunny away; no matter how rude it looked. "What on earth are you trying to do? Can't you see that I don't like you? In fact no one likes you! Just get over yourself and leave Jessica and I alone." 

 

Chunji took Jessica's trembling hand and lead her away from Sunny. Sunny just stood there, burning with anger. She couldn't believe such a stupid girl could steal a guy away from her. 

 

"This won't go down without a fight..." Sunny gritted her teeth and whispered to herself.