Chapter 18

Into a New World?

Jessica wasn't quite sure what was happening. Just a minute ago she had been crying into Chunji's shirt and now his lips were on top of hers, kissing her gently. She didn't know exactly how to react to the kiss but she liked it. Chunji pulled away a few seconds later and looked her in the eye.

 

"What I'm trying to say is," Chunji paused for a moment, "I-I... Have feelings for you..." His face turned beet read and his heart rate sped up like no tomorrow. He would feel like absolute crap if Jessica just plainly rejected him like that. 

 

After a few long moments of silence, Jessica finally opened up and spoke. "I think I feel the same way towards you..." She said slowly.

 

Chunji broke out a wide grin. He wasn't rejected! He felt so happy that he put his hands on Jessica's waist, lifted her up and kissed her again. He enveloped her in a tight hug and inhaled the intoxicating smell of her hair. 

 

"You're rather strong," Jessica chuckled, feeling her cheeks turn pink from Chunji's overwhelming embrace. Chunji smiled and placed his forehead against hers. He kissed her again and again.

 


 

Chanyeol and Sunny headed to a nearby cafe to discuss "details" about Chunji. While they were walking there, Chanyeol cursed Chunji in his head so many times for making him to out with Sunny. Sunny wouldn't stop rambling on and on about how her new manicure doesn't match her outfit. Chanyeol rolled his eyes for what seemed to be like the millionth time that night and carried on ignoring her.

 

"So, tell me everything that I need to know about Chunji," Sunny sipped on her mocha latte that she ordered.

 

"What exact details do you want to know?" Chanyeol replied.

 

"I don't know? You were the one who wanted to discuss him!" Sunny snapped, "Oh! Maybe you could tell me his ideal type of girls. You know, so I can get ready and fit his criteria. Ugh, I can't wait til he finally asks me out!"

 

Chanyeol scowled at the thought of Chunji and Sunny dating. It would be so horrible. "He likes girls who are erm...." Chanyeol hesitated, realizing he didn't really know what type of girls his best friend liked except for Jessica. "Long curly blonde hair? Nice face?"

 

"Long blonde hair?" Sunny's eyes widened. Her own hair was short and bright pink. It totally did not fit what Chunji liked, "Hm... Maybe I should get my hair done tomorrow," she touched her short hair for a second, "get some extensions and bleach it blonde. You know what, since you're his best friend you should go to the salon with me. So that you can tell me how he likes it."

 

Chanyeol sighed loudly. He frowned and his brows furrowed. "I'm busy... For the rest of the week... And the next week ahead. He just likes blonde girls with long hair and a cute personality? Oh, and the girl has to be nice and NOT annoying."

 

"Oh my gosh!" Sunny shrieked, "I fit all of that! I mean, all I really have to do is get long blonde locks, right? I'm already naturally cute and nice! How can he even resist a girl like me? I'm freaking hot!"

 

Chanyeol scratched his head uncomfortably and suppressed a gag. "EW CHANYEOL! Don't scratch your head here! I don't know what's in your hair, probably fleas and ticks and they might fall into my cake! Just stop it, ugh you're so gross. Guys like you are so disgusting. Why can't everyone be nice and clean like Chunji? We're such a great match,"

 

"You are aware that Chunji hates people like you, right?" Chanyeol snapped. He couldn't take her annoying-ness anymore. 

 

Sunny looked at him for a moment and then burst out in laughter. "Oh my god, Chanyeol! You're so gross I didn't know that you knew how to make jokes and be funny!" She covered when she laughed.

 

Chanyeol let out another deep sigh. "I'm not kidding, I'm serious. People like you... I don't think anyone in general likes you! Chunji begged me to bring you out because he wanted to spend some time with Jessica, the person he actually likes. You should just....stop talking."

 

Sunny was taken aback by what Chanyeol just said. "How dare you talk to me like that? I'm hot, rich and I'm basically every guy's ideal girl! Any guy who doesn't think I'm hot is probably gay. And Chunji doesn't like Jessica!" She rolled her eyes dramatically, "That girl has less brains than a freaking lab rat!"

 

"Hey! Don't talk about her like that. She's not stupid!" Chanyeol suddenly raised his voice.

 

"Why so defensive, Chanyeol? Are you actually the one who likes her but you're just covering it up?" Sunny taunted, "Chunji obviously doesn't like her! Have you even heard her talk? She sounds like such an idiot. And she's so terrible at giving fashion advice. How does that girl even live? Chunji liking Jessica is the biggest joke of the century ever made. Nobody's gonna believe you."

 

"If you don't believe me then, just wait and see yourself. They're going to get together anytime soon now and you don't even stand a chance to be with Chunji, or anyone in fact." Chanyeol said back. He stood up from the table and walked out of the cafe before Sunny could shout back at him.

 

 


 

Chanyeol unlocked the apartment door and dragged his feet through the door. Tonight has been incredibly uneventful. He hoped that Chunji had a better night than him. He slunk down onto the couch and slapped himself several times.

 

"Hey, so how did it go?" He heard Chunji's voice coming from behind him. Chunji walked over and sat next to him on the couch.

 

"It was so terrible and I ended up calling her stupid and insulting her," Chanyeol chuckled, "I don't really know how to describe it... You know how she is. She was just being typical her. Ugh, hate that . How did your night go? I hope it was better than mine."

 

Chunji grinned widely, making Chanyeol's eyes widened. "It was great!" Chunji whispered, "She's asleep now so I don't think we should talk that loud."

 

"oh my god, what the hell happened?" Chanyeol asked excitedly.

 

"It didn't exactly go as planned at first. She just started sobbing and then I don't know what got into me but I just got this rush of courage and I kissed her!"

 

"HOLY !" Chanyeol screamed out loud.

 

"Shush!"

 

"So are you guys like... Together now?" Chanyeol asked in a lower tone of voice.

 

"Yeah, basically." 

 

"YES!" Chanyeol pumped his fist in the air, "Everything I predicted was real! And my ship is real now! Dammit. Chunsica freaking exists! THIS NIGHT IS GREAT!" 

 

"What ship?" Chunji raised his brow, confused.

 

"Oh, um... Nothing..."